This needs answering
Can someone tell me why Dead Dawg Saloon is the only map in the game that has a killer shack with a breakable wall?
Can someone tell me why Dead Dawg Saloon is the only map in the game that has a killer shack with a breakable wall?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
because its the only map in the game that was designed with a shack and breakable walls in mind and they tried something new to see how it works out.
every new map we got from that map onward just ended up being an indoor map (yaaay ._.)
Better question - why is Dead Dawg the only map that has a full bar and restaurant? :)
They did miss a trick by not adding breakable walls to at least some of the shacks.
It's still odd that at Badham they actually sealed 2 of the entrances up in such a way as for it to not even need to be kicked down by the killer! It still feels like a strange decision to make.
First Map with breakable Walls, so they tested it out. Hopefully this breakable Wall gets removed at some point, Shack does not need to have a breakable Wall and I am quite happy that they did not add breakable Walls in other Shacks during their graphical Reworks.
I'll do you one better: why does Dead Dawg Saloon exist?
I'm personally glad it's only on one map breakable walls are a failed game mechanic I almost never see players defend
This is a valid question ๐ท๐
because where else are survivors an killers going to go when they're not in a trial
Could be worse. Every indoor map has it beat for worst imo
Well, Old Lery's was my favourite map for a very long time so I am okay with indoor maps. But Dead Dawg...oh, Dead Dawg is painful.
I wouldn't hate Dead Dawg if it didn't top the charts for 'most breakable walls I absolutely need to remove at the start of the match.' Seriously, it's mandatory that I walk to the saloon and break the two window walls before I even try to find survivors, and shack as well.
I admittedly really like being able to nerf shack, but that's because I'm terrible at looping it otherwise and that one is so close to so many gens. There's always at least two gens within 'I saw the killer and I'm going to run to the nearest tile' distance, sometimes more.
As a survivor on that map, I just feel hella exposed. You're never far from the killer and the outer ranges of the map serve no purpose save for urban evaders.