Visceral Cankers
I heard it said that for the Halloween event killers will get what they need from hooks but survivors have to interact with 'visceral cankers'.
I asked what this was and someone sent me a picture of sap dripping out of a boil stuck on the side of a tree.
Obviously this isn't a generator so my question is whether the visceral canker is possibly a (long awaited) side objective???
How long does it take to find and syphon serum from a canker? Will it be a serious distraction to gens? Is this a test for future side objectives?
Comments
If "Visceral Cankers" are spawning on trees I wonder what happens on the indoor maps?
Excellent point. Makes me doubt what a visceral canker actually is.
Is that not the name of the offering?
No that is pustula petals I think.
Close enough
XD
Although that's prolly just another fancy name for the generators.
The "Visceral Cankers" will likely just be flowers that will spawn on the map. Sort of like a dull totem, except with skill checks.
Then again, I could've sworn I saw them called "Visceral Clankers" somewhere else. Is this merely a typo, or is it an indicator that perhaps the event objective will be just reskinned generators?
Same! That would be really neat
The visceral cankers and the cankerous hooks are just your event hooks and gens, however if the wiki is to go off of at all you will need to complete x amount to fill a vial to get a currency (this wiki page has been strangely removed)
They can't remove information from the Wiki. The wiki is part of free speech/fair use. If it was removed it was likely that whoever was in charge of it learned that information they put on the site was false/inaccurate and decided to take it down.
Where was the source of the information anyway...? They had all that crap up before the PTB was even posted.
It was so detailed it seemed fake.
Remember how people FREAKED OUT when the wiki advertised a fake chapter release date?
Could be data mining, could be an employee, could be other methods. Not 100% sure. They tend to not post things if they aren't pretty sure the information is correct. Even then they usually post a disclaimer
Does anyone know the start date for the event? Have they announced/said anything about it?
I would've assumed data mining if it wasn't posted so early in advance...
I dunno, I'm skeptical, ever since that whole release date fiasco. People were furious, so I think it's irresponsible to post information like that without their source being crystal clear.
The whole release date thing wasn't really any fault of the wiki page. It was on the Devs for not saying anything at all. That's what spawned all the outrage. The wiki is under no obligation to withhold information out of fear of displeasing the community if it's somehow false. They just post information that they deem credible enough.
I bet it's just a skin for the Gens.
Friday I think. I swear I heard/saw 19th somewhere.
Hmm.. yeah that's kinda sketchy. Appreciate the information, but given that they wiped their hands clean from the last incident and let BHVR take a lot of flack, it's rather unethical to behave in this manner.
And that, my fellow community members, is why I reacted the way I did when asked for sources on the information about Hallowed Blight. I despise false accusations and assumptions and won't stand for it.
Still, since I'm in a good mood, I'll answer some of the questions regarding the Wiki.
The Removal of the Wiki Article
The devs did indeed interfere in this one, they asked Gamepedia Staff to temporarily delete The Hallowed Blight Article as they weren't happy that information that wasn't supposed to be public yet was already public.
Quite frankly, I think it's absolutely silly as the information was posted all over Reddit well before the Article on the Wiki was created, but we do get a considerable amount of daily traffic, so I guess that's a point they have. The Article will be restored as soon as the Event is announced officially.
Fake Chapter release date
The release date of 11 September for Shattered Bloodline was advertised as being a speculation based on their past release schedule of Curtain Call and a cycle of 6 weeks in-between large updates that the devs mentioned some time in August. It was a reasonable speculation and advertised as such. It's not my problem in the slightest if people ignore the "FYI, THAT'S JUST SPECULATION, DON'T TAKE IT FOR GRANTED!" part.
Source for Hallowed Blight
First off, @Visionmaker claimed that the information was posted long before the PTB was up. That is false. The PTB was released on 2 October, the Hallowed Blight article was created on 7 October, 5 days later.
Secondly, the source for Hallowed Blight was the game itself, to be precise, the PTB-build was. It is a well-known fact amongst data-miners by now that each PTB-build of Dead by Daylight not only contains the stuff we get to test and see on the PTB, but usually also a lot of hidden content in the game files that isn't available in the game yet. All the stuff that was featured in the article was found in the game files, which are not accessible by the general user aside from the icons for the new cosmetics as those are found in the regular game folders.
So, that should clear things up, I hope. As for @ACEvHEARTS, I still don't like your tone, so don't be surprised if I'm not too thrilled to share any information with you.
the event is friday, october 19th, 2018 due to the reveal trailer having the 19th circled
@DocOctober I think it's funny that you hate my tone so much when I have consistently been one of the people who was more polite about my doubts, and even apologized for offending you off the bat. I had said "we know how reliable the Wiki is" in regards to the September 11th release date speculation, meaning it as a joke. At the time, I didn't know anybody running the Wiki would see it. Had I known that, I wouldn't have posted it. Because whether I feel that way or not, it's rude to throw it in someone's face.
That said, I never relied on the 9/11 release date. Because I was waiting for dev confirmation. So I wasn't upset at you for it being wrong, because nothing had officially been announced. Take that as you will. But a lot of others felt misled, and the devs got blamed. Which wasn't very fair, either.
Like I said before, I get that you dedicate your time to updating the Wiki. But you got so mad at anyone who had any questions, it felt like you just wanted gratitude with no questions asked. Which, to me, is not what volunteering is about, in any sense of the word.
But okay. You can still be mad at me. Can't stop you.
I almost feel like it was the 11th but they had gotten upset about it being leaked rather than them announcing it so they just pushed it back. I mean I feel like they were pretty much tight lipped about the actual date where you'd expect a date considering all the pre hype they did.
They probably pushed it back, because they weren't able to do it on time. Keep in mind that the Spirit was released with bugs and missing features, which they just delivered with the MidChapter patch.