I personally pronounce her as FUNG Min. I asked my Chinese friend for a pronounciation and she said "FUNG". Even Paulie Esther (a content creator) pronounces her as FUNG as well.
It's supposed to be Fung but I say Feng because that's how I said it for longest time before I found out it was Fung and pronunciation habits are hard to break.
It's supposed to be Fung but I say Feng because that's how I said it for longest time before I found out it was Fung and pronunciation habits are hard to break.
Same, it took me so long to realize it too, but I just kept repeating it over & over again until I got used to saying Fung over Feng.
I didn't know it was supposed to be F(u)ng until a few days ago, but since everybody calls her Feng anyway I might as well continue for simplicity sake.
She's technically supposed to be pronounced "Fung," but since we're speaking English, not Mandarin, we might as well pronounce it "Feng." Plus, if we're going for linguistic accuracy, you have to accentuate it correctly, and since Mandarin is a tonal language, you have to use the correct contour of tone.
(Forgive the misclick I meant to vote for "Feng.")
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I pronounce it Fung Mean, not Fang Men
I pronounce it F-eh-ng, based around stereotypical anglacised pronunciation.
It's supposed to be Fung but I say Feng because that's how I said it for longest time before I found out it was Fung and pronunciation habits are hard to break.
Same, it took me so long to realize it too, but I just kept repeating it over & over again until I got used to saying Fung over Feng.
I got used to F(e)ng instead of F(u)ng, so yeah.
Even if it's pronounced Fung, I'm still gonna say Feng because it sounds better and it's not like I'm pronouncing a real person's name wrong.
I say F(e)ng Min because I'm not really good with Chinese pronunciation.
I actually had no idea it was supposed to be prononce F'u'ng, now i know ^^
I say "Feng -- no, I mean Min."
I say “F(e)ng” because I didn’t realize it was wrong.
I know it's F(u)ng Min now, but I had gotten into the habit of saying F(e)ng Min and that habit is hard to break (as others have said).
My boyfriend and his family are from Hong Kong, and they have a friend also from Hong Kong named Feng. They pronounce it like "Fang".
I didn't know it was supposed to be F(u)ng until a few days ago, but since everybody calls her Feng anyway I might as well continue for simplicity sake.
She's technically supposed to be pronounced "Fung," but since we're speaking English, not Mandarin, we might as well pronounce it "Feng." Plus, if we're going for linguistic accuracy, you have to accentuate it correctly, and since Mandarin is a tonal language, you have to use the correct contour of tone.
(Forgive the misclick I meant to vote for "Feng.")
I pronounce is normally, but my friend pronounces it "F-e-gg M-in-ee"
I voted "Feng" but honestly I think I pronounce it close to "Fang"
Fung is the correct way to pronounce the name, but both me and my friend call her Fang for fun.
Feeng Miing
think its supposed be pronouned opposite min f(u)ng