Will vaccines encourage selfish playstyles?

I'm just thinking about all the times some blendette has cleansed the second a speck of vomit touches her and I'm now envisioning her spending the whole match collecting all the vaccines and storing them in her bush. Is there counterplay to this?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Considering there's already many people who choose the selfish playstyle I'm going to go with no.

  • Wait you can collect them even if you are not infected?

  • @ad19970 said:

    Wait you can collect them even if you are not infected?

    Probably not actually

  • You can collect them if you're not infected...but if you try to hide them around the map to troll other players, you'll be out of luck, cos the other survivors will see the aura of them.

  • @Mandy said:

    You can collect them if you're not infected...but if you try to hide them around the map to troll other players, you'll be out of luck, cos the other survivors will see the aura of them.

    Damned! xD

  • Is there even any reason to use a vaccine? Seems like the meta will be to get infected by a zombie, and then stay infected.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2216789#Comment_2216789

    @MandyTalk How many vaccines are there exactly ? Someone asked that question. And it would be good to know.

    There's 4 vaccines

  • I picked up a vaccine early so i can use it on a hooked survivor who never got the opportunity to search, but you'll probably get a Meg that takes all the vaccines early and constantly gets hit

  • @KingFrost said:

    Is there even any reason to use a vaccine? Seems like the meta will be to get infected by a zombie, and then stay infected.

    I think it takes nem one more tentacle hit to down you if you're fully vaccinated and observing social distancing between you and the zombies

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2216803#Comment_2216803

    Thanks ! I figured it was at least one for each survivor. Wasn't sure if there was extra.

    I also saw an addon which reduces it to 3

  • I'm worried this is going to further divide solo q from swf. Think it'd be better if it was limited to like 1 per player instead of 4 total in a match. Give each player 1 for the entire match that they need to use wisely.

  • I gathered them up and put them in a pile in the middle of Autoheaven.

    I spent the entire match trolling and meming.

    Somehow, it was a 4man escape and I had top points. Go figure.

  • I feel like that's way too few. There needs to be much more, or an unlimited amount in my opinion. These vaccinations are what create a very interesting counterplay to Nemesis.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2216803#Comment_2216803

    I feel like that's way too few. There needs to be much more, or an unlimited amount in my opinion. These vaccinations are what create a very interesting counterplay to Nemesis.

    They don't do a lot compared to Plague's sickness, though. You can't transmit the T-virus to other players and you can be healed while sick, so it's mainly intermittent anti-stealth and not getting a freebie hit if you run into a zombie or get tentacle whipped. So basically a loss of a bonus health state that applies to specific actions... so the anti-stealth is the only part that really changes how survivors have to play. Either way, they're going to try to avoid all hits.

    It's harder for Nemesis to infect players than Plague does (he can't infect objects they need to interact with and he needs to be in a close chase with a person to hit them, opposed to Plague being able to spray all over the place when she approaches several survivors.) I'm comfortable with where he is with the finite vaccinations right now - we'll see how the PTB pans out and if there's an issue.

    (Though I was hoping we'd see more incentives to vaccinate, and the T-Virus would be a little more dangerous in thematic ways - like if you're moried/sacrificed when you'd been sick for a while, you spawn a zombie upon dying. Or late-stage infections cause you to make zombie moaning noises and it's confusing to your teammates, causing them to scatter away from you at first and masking the approach of actual zombies.)

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2216888#Comment_2216888

    They don't do a lot compared to Plague's sickness, though. You can't transmit the T-virus to other players and you can be healed while sick, so it's mainly intermittent anti-stealth and not getting a freebie hit if you run into a zombie or get tentacle whipped. So basically a loss of a bonus health state that applies to specific actions... so the anti-stealth is the only part that really changes how survivors have to play. Either way, they're going to try to avoid all hits.

    It's harder for Nemesis to infect players than Plague does (he can't infect objects they need to interact with and he needs to be in a close chase with a person to hit them, opposed to Plague being able to spray all over the place when she approaches several survivors.) I'm comfortable with where he is with the finite vaccinations right now - we'll see how the PTB pans out and if there's an issue.

    (Though I was hoping we'd see more incentives to vaccinate, and the T-Virus would be a little more dangerous in thematic ways - like if you're moried/sacrificed when you'd been sick for a while, you spawn a zombie upon dying. Or late-stage infections cause you to make zombie moaning noises and it's confusing to your teammates, causing them to scatter away from you at first and masking the approach of actual zombies.)

    I mean, the fact that you pretty much can take an extra hit when he uses his power is quite the incentive to use the vaccination. I understand your argument, but at the moment I would disagree,

    I think survivors should have an constant incentive to vaccinate against the Nemesis. It creates this additional counterplay. His power is very strong and dangerous, I personally don't agree that it's harder to get survivors sick with the Nemesis than with Plague, since just one hit gets them infected. With the added bonus that the Nemesis can actually down survivors with his ability.

  • For clarity, that's a total of 4 vaccines for the entirety of the match, or 4 spawned at any given time (with a new one renewing when one is used)?

  • The Contaminated status effect is basically just a 3rd health state for his ranged attack, honestly I feel like good survivors can play around that. Who knows though?