All of you be nice

We are about to recieve new players. Everybody be nice to anyone you think is most likely new. Signs of this will be failing skill checks constantly no chase skill whatsoever etc. IF you think a person is new be nice and not toxic. We need to make a good impression and toxicity is not making a good impression so for the love of god please be nice.

Comments

  • honestly I doubt most new players would stay

  • Yes, I'll be using my point and follow animations a lot more now and taking protection hits when needed.

    A team is only as strong as the weakest link anyway; and I want newer players to get the chance to enjoy a match for as long as possible.

    :)

  • 5b3hr3.jpg

    Oh this will be fun 😈

    jk jk, I will give the new players a big warm welcome.

  • Do you really think our community will behave? I can already see tons of players depiping, to give the new players a "pleasant" welcome.

    Unless they activate the skill based MMR for the RE patch, those new players will have a terrible horrible time.

  • I always try to be nice to anyone, no matter if new or not :)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Honest question: why are so many people on this forum so negative about everything?

    Most of the discussions on the front page are complaints about the anniversary, the gameplay, survivors, killers. Complain, complain.

    Why so negative? DbD is a good video game. I'm not a hardcore gamer by any means, but this game is actually fun, to me.

    Shout out to the folks keeping it positive and sharing that energy.

    But for the others, why so angry/bitter? I'm genuinely curious, what's the foundation/origin of that negative attitude?

    I agree with the OP. BE NICE. We have an opportunity to greatly increase the number of DbD fans, as players. Let's do our part.

    Experience. We are so negative, because we´ve seen this in the past: People depiping on purpose to ruin new players fun during free weekends.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221203#Comment_2221203

    I hear you. I can't question your individual experience. But would you say, since you started playing the game, that it's been majority positive, or majority negative?

    Since i started playing 2300 hours ago, i´ve accumulated 49 pages with -rep messages on my steam profile.

    Take a guess.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Honest question: why are so many people on this forum so negative about everything?

    Most of the discussions on the front page are complaints about the anniversary, the gameplay, survivors, killers. Complain, complain.

    Why so negative? DbD is a good video game. I'm not a hardcore gamer by any means, but this game is actually fun, to me.

    Shout out to the folks keeping it positive and sharing that energy.

    But for the others, why so angry/bitter? I'm genuinely curious, what's the foundation/origin of that negative attitude?

    I agree with the OP. BE NICE. We have an opportunity to greatly increase the number of DbD fans, as players. Let's do our part.

    So the new players spend their money have a fun couple of weeks while they rank up and then meet swf sweat squads or bubba camping? If a casual mode is implemented then yeah welcome but they will be gone after ranking up and not having fun but it's ok they already spent there money and cant get a refund🤣

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221195#Comment_2221195

    Experience. We are so negative, because we´ve seen this in the past: People depiping on purpose to ruin new players fun during free weekends.

    Maybe they depip because they don't want to face higher ranks stomping them...that is what I do

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221203#Comment_2221203

    Maybe they depip because they don't want to face higher ranks stomping them...that is what I do

    You depip to rank 17?

  • After today I have little hope for us to be nice to the new wave. There are quite a few good eggs here though. My favorite interaction of today goes to the goodest of boys @GoodBoyKaru who I don't think I've ever spoken to before today.

  • @MongolPSR said:

    After today I have little hope for us to be nice to the new wave. There are quite a few good eggs here though. My favorite interaction of today goes to the goodest of boys @GoodBoyKaru who I don't think I've ever spoken to before today.

    well you know win some lose some

  • @MongolPSR said:

    After today I have little hope for us to be nice to the new wave. There are quite a few good eggs here though. My favorite interaction of today goes to the goodest of boys @GoodBoyKaru who I don't think I've ever spoken to before today.

    Thank you man, I appreciate it :)

    E2Z5JuWWUAUCrFi.png


  • Unlikely. They'll have to play through the trial by fire, same as the ST fans.

    I can't really tell the difference between Rank 20's and Red Ranks these days either.

  • I... I'm worried. Horses can lie? I thought if they did, they were unable to stand up anymore.

    This is actually very difficult to write it in English, I hope what I say makes sense.

  • @TheMadCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2225199#Comment_2225199

    I... I'm worried. Horses can lie? I thought if they did, they were unable to stand up anymore.

    This is actually very difficult to write it in English, I hope what I say makes sense.

    I don't know if that's true or not. I know that adult horses definitely can lay down and stand back up again, because my friend owns several and she sends me pictures of them all the time. I don't know about babies though.

    However I assume, since the person that took the was a vet, that even if something had gone wrong they would've been able to help. As far as I know the lil horsey is okay.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2225223#Comment_2225223

    I don't know if that's true or not. I know that adult horses definitely can lay down and stand back up again, because my friend owns several and she sends me pictures of them all the time. I don't know about babies though.

    However I assume, since the person that took the was a vet, that even if something had gone wrong they would've been able to help. As far as I know the lil horsey is okay.

    I see, thanks for sharing. I've learnt something!

  • The experience new players will have in this game will be no different to other major multiplayer titles if we're going off of how """toxic""" the community is. Everyone knows what t-bagging is and has been exposed to it for years. As for flashlight clicking it's no different than people spamming overwatch voicelines over and over again to annoy people. The point I'm getting at is all this so-called "toxic behaviour" is just petty, meaningless noise that you choose to either get mad about or ignore.

    The one thing that'll drive away new players is the sheer amount they'll have to grind for to get even a decent build together for killer and survivor (and the amount they'll have to spend on DLC to get said perks and killers, unless they're gonna wait to get a new killer or survivor every 60 hours of game time)

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    The experience new players will have in this game will be no different to other major multiplayer titles if we're going off of how """toxic""" the community is. Everyone knows what t-bagging is and has been exposed to it for years. As for flashlight clicking it's no different than people spamming overwatch voicelines over and over again to annoy people. The point I'm getting at is all this so-called "toxic behaviour" is just petty, meaningless noise that you choose to either get mad about or ignore.

    The one thing that'll drive away new players is the sheer amount they'll have to grind for to get even a decent build together for killer and survivor (and the amount they'll have to spend on DLC to get said perks and killers, unless they're gonna wait to get a new killer or survivor every 60 hours of game time)

    To be fair, the insane grind never drove us away. And today there are Archives and occasional BP codes to help.

    Many players, such as me and you, were here way before that.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2225293#Comment_2225293

    To be fair, the insane grind never drove us away. And today there are Archives and occasional BP codes to help.

    Many players, such as me and you, were here way before that.

    That's the reason why we're still around though, because the grind wasn't as bad back then and you could catch up pretty quickly. It's just compounding and getting worse with every DLC. The archives and BP codes don't really offset how bad the grind is for a new player. Each archive level you get, what, 400k to around 800k BP? It'll probably take several days of playing to get through, and that's barely enough BP to get from level 1 to around 30. 200k gets you to level 12, I tried this on the PTB by doing all the tutorials then levelling Jill so it would be an estimate of what a new player would get when they just start out. It's really not enough, something big needs to change with the bloodweb, be it a removal of a tier or reducing the amount of clutter. Just anything would be better than what it is.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    The experience new players will have in this game will be no different to other major multiplayer titles if we're going off of how """toxic""" the community is. Everyone knows what t-bagging is and has been exposed to it for years. As for flashlight clicking it's no different than people spamming overwatch voicelines over and over again to annoy people. The point I'm getting at is all this so-called "toxic behaviour" is just petty, meaningless noise that you choose to either get mad about or ignore.

    The one thing that'll drive away new players is the sheer amount they'll have to grind for to get even a decent build together for killer and survivor (and the amount they'll have to spend on DLC to get said perks and killers, unless they're gonna wait to get a new killer or survivor every 60 hours of game time)

    This what you looking for?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX1g-pFw_jQ&ab_channel=BlueBlur86


  • I do manually go stare at wall as killer while I go make some food or play trickster and do it in style...once you hit green ranks prepare to get trolled by higher ranks most of the time unless you want to tunnel and run regression perks

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2224570#Comment_2224570

    I do manually go stare at wall as killer while I go make some food or play trickster and do it in style...once you hit green ranks prepare to get trolled by higher ranks most of the time unless you want to tunnel and run regression perks

    Please don´t depip to rank 17. Its ugly for you and ugly for the players you´ll face.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2225546#Comment_2225546

    Please don´t depip to rank 17. Its ugly for you and ugly for the players you´ll face.

    Sure give me a casual mode and I won't care...forcing me to play higher ranks because swf drove killers away isn't my fault...I want to have fun playing the game not be a punching bag to trolls

  • Sweaty swf are getting rewarded for trolling killers to leave the game and still getting matches...that is why mmr needs to be activated...you want to rank up to red ranks then you face other red ranks simple as that

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2225637#Comment_2225637

    Sure give me a casual mode and I won't care...forcing me to play higher ranks because swf drove killers away isn't my fault...I want to have fun playing the game not be a punching bag to trolls

    Understandable. Can i at least ask you to not go to hard on new players? Remember, you don´t want to rank up.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2225827#Comment_2225827

    Understandable. Can i at least ask you to not go to hard on new players? Remember, you don´t want to rank up.

    I give them the pity kill and make sure my teammates escape every game...I am only toxic if I get a toxic team during my daily killer game as part of my karma challenge. You troll my green rank killer with your clicky clicks and tbagging my rank 20 meta perk claudette pays it forward for the next 4 matches. If I get verbal abuse after game I up that to 8 matches.

1 2 ›