Do you play a killer because of the gameplay or because of the skins ?

For me its the skins.

I started to play Clown because the Mr Puddles skin. I think he is cute on its own.

I started to play Legion because I love Robbie the rabbit.

I tried some killers because of their gameplay, like Oni or Demogorgon, but im still waiting for a skin I love to prestige them.

I was always saying, I would never play a killer like doctor, I hate him !

But now, with The Crypt TV skin..... I started to practice him. The Look See is my favorite monster of the show ! I have to play him ! And I have to say that Doctor is very fun to play !

And you ? Do you play a killer because you think they are strong ? Or because you like their skins ? 😉

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Technically, both. Freddy has been my main ever since I first started playing DBD, prior to his rework. One of the countless reasons why I decided to main him back in the day was how unique his power was when compared to the rest of the killer roster.

    I haven't dropped him after the rework because of my pre-existing love for the character, which includes his appearance.

    Edit: His P3 skin is also really good!

  • Don't really care about skins. I can't appreciate it during gameplay.

    I play killer because I don't like playing as survivor.

  • But I looking for new weapons. I like to have smaller models of weapon that not cover 1/3 of the screen.

  • I love Wraith's skins, but it's one of the last reasons for me to play him.

    Since Killer gameplay is 99% firstperson, i'd rather have...

    "God this one looks awful, but i can't see it and it plays great."

    ...than...

    "God this one looks great, but i can't see it and it plays awful."

  • I play killer because I like the challenge. And I play survivor when I am tired after work and just want to chill and relax at the gen.

    Even tho I really love some killer skins, I cant really see them in the game in 1st person so I don't play them because of skins at all

  • For the character ,and what they do such as the powers and perks.

  • Well I play slinger because he has a great aesthetic but I can’t aim for ######### with him

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Well I play slinger because he has a great aesthetic but I can’t aim for ######### with him

    I know how that is. Going after his Adept was a nightmare for me.

  • The issue with killer skins is, whilst many look great in the store, the actually player being killer can't appreciate them in action. That's the nature of first-person.

  • I think I just like both of them honestly. I (generally) like killer gameplay and I also can appreciate a good skin.

    I main Ghostface and Myers, and I've got the skins for them both, so I guess that's why.

  • It's both and it's a feedback loop.

    If I like how a killer looks and their general concept I'll gravitate towards their gameplay, if they're gameplay is something I enjoy then it'll make me like the killer's design even more until I inevitably end up playing Blight 24/7 while making Blight noises.

  • Gameplay. The Killers I play the most dont even have great Cosmetics or I just use the Prestige-Cosmetics. Like, I have rarely used another Cosmetic on Billy than the P3-Cosmetic, and never bought any Cosmetics on Pig.

    And other Killers which have awesome Cosmetics, I dont really play - like Spirit does not feel rewarding, I totally like the Oni-Rift Skin from the last Rift, but I suck at Oni and while Clown has some of the best Skins in the game, I rarely play him.

    So I am more for gameplay. For me, the Killer can also be a textureless blob, if they are fun to play.

  • I like the challenge and having the 'supposed' power role lol. It's also good fun learning the powers and skills of each killer.

  • I play who i like playing with, who i have fun with. Also blight looks kinda cool so i was lucky that blight looks cool and its super fun

  • I play Pig for the gameplay. The only cosmetic piece I have for her is the drill bit weapon.

  • Its mostly gameplay recently for me.

    But for demo, i like the aesthetic, and hes the only creature in the game, because of that i play him more than some others.

    At the very start of me playing back in February 2018 i mained Myers because hes my favourite horror icon, so back then it was skin/look.

  • I go with both.

    even tho I don't see most of the cosmetic. I still want to look him to the survivors and gameplay is most important when it comes to playing a certain killer.

    Wraith is a good example for both since I love his ability being a stealthy and mobile power which help with tracking with the best skin in the game (he has no bad skins).

    I nearly have most of his skin. Just hope the fire skin he got in the premium rift to in the store since that the only skin I don't have.

  • I love killing. When i play survivor, my teammates gives me mad. And then i am turning play killer and survivors paying.

  • It's been for the gameplay

  • "I play nurse for the 🌠aesthetic🌠"

  • I play Trapper because I like the sound of survivors stepping in my trap.

    I play Ghostface when I just feel like messing around with survivors.

    I play Freddy when there's a challenge to kill survivors because he's easy brainless 4k.

  • Gameplay and que times.

  • I kinda main Ghostie because I like Scream and prefer the shorter, average build characters over super buff ones.

    Also I like "darkness" and "stealth" centric characters. Ghostie was the perfect fit for me.

  • I played killer because I hate jump scares lol

    Easier BP, but more stress lol

    Doctor is fun! He's my main, but I've been enjoying Wraith lately

  • Gameplay. I love the amount of thinking and effort required to stay on top, it's just satisfying to win.

  • @Boss said:

    I love Wraith's skins, but it's one of the last reasons for me to play him.

    Since Killer gameplay is 99% firstperson, i'd rather have...

    "God this one looks awful, but i can't see it and it plays great."

    ...than...

    "God this one looks great, but i can't see it and it plays awful."

    I understand what you mean but I cant play a killer who looks awful to my eyes. I dont want to try Hillbilly because he looks too ugly for me.

    I dont want a pretty killer (I love the twins) but I want a killer that fit my aesthetic.

    I know we cant see the killer because of first person, but I I like to know that survivors see me with that skin, it add something special for me.

  • @Anara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2201437#Comment_2201437

    I understand what you mean but I cant play a killer who looks awful to my eyes. I dont want to try Hillbilly because he looks too ugly for me.

    I dont want a pretty killer (I love the twins) but I want a killer that fit my aesthetic.

    I know we cant see the killer because of first person, but I I like to know that survivors see me with that skin, it add something special for me.

    That's your choice, this is mine.

  • So you've Made your Choice... Feeling exposed?

  • Of course. Im just sharing my point of view ^^

    Is it bad if I laughed ? x)

  • I play killer because holding M1 and looping the killer for 5 gens is too easy and gets very boring.