Argh. Small Game changed

Played two games against a trapper and was getting very aggravated that small game wasn’t giving me notifications about his traps. I mean I was looking right at one and it wasn’t going off! Then I noticed in the perk description they removed all mentions of killer traps. Terrific. Wish I got the damned memo.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • If you're looking right at a trap, and you know you're looking right at that trap, why would you need something (small game) to remind you that, you are indeed, looking at that trap? Even with tar bottle it's not too difficult to find his traps. In fact with the map reworks many of the better trap spots are gone. If you keep your eyes peeled and literally watch your step, you'll be fine.

  • The "news" section when you turn on the game, tells you of all updates.

    So you did get the memo.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    The "news" section when you turn on the game, tells you of all updates.

    So you did get the memo, just choose not to read it.

    This is why I always shoot down people who say "If the devs did [thing], then everyone would know about the patch notes!". DbD devs literally have a pop-up with patch notes that you cannot disable and people still don't know about the patch notes.

  • Trapper is already in a bad spot, doesn't need a perk to screw him over even more.

    Not to mention all the map reworks are basically trapper nerfs as well.

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    Trapper is already in a bad spot, doesn't need a perk to screw him over even more.

    Not to mention all the map reworks are basically trapper nerfs as well.

    The pain I felt on the Spirit map seeing all my old favorite tall grass spots gone just replaced with super obvious flat mud. There was hardly any grass in a beneficial place on the tiles

    And that's carried over to a whole lot of other maps

  • @Midori_21 said:

    If you're looking right at a trap, and you know you're looking right at that trap, why would you need something (small game) to remind you that, you are indeed, looking at that trap? Even with tar bottle it's not too difficult to find his traps. In fact with the map reworks many of the better trap spots are gone. If you keep your eyes peeled and literally watch your step, you'll be fine.

    Uh, I only said that as proof to myself what I already figured out, that it wasn’t working the way it was before. Most of the time I was stepping on them in tall grass. This one was at a pallet in plain sight, that again I almost stepped on because I was still relying on small game.


    But at least the perk will no longer unwittingly lead me into a trap when all I was doing was hunting for totems, so that’s a plus.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    The "news" section when you turn on the game, tells you of all updates.

    So you did get the memo, just choose not to read it.

    I overlooked it. I’m not perfect. Sue me.

    I use it primarily for totems anyways, but now they should change the name of the perk because “small game” really only makes sense in relation to traps.

  • @CountVampyr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2191887#Comment_2191887

    Thanks smartass. I overlooked it. I’m not perfect. Sue me.

    I use it primarily for totems anyways, but now they should change the name of the perk because “small game” really only makes sense in relation to traps.

    you are the one complaining about not knowing something, when you were told the thing.

  • i feel like trap detection still has a place in dbd, maybe it's an effect that they could apply to premonition. premonition can go on a cooldown when it detects the killer, but it can also just go "ping ping ping ping ping" while you're looking at a trap. i feel like that'd be pretty nicely balanced.

  • @CountVampyr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2192180#Comment_2192180

    You’re the ######### here because you’re acting like I never knew that they list the updates in the news section. You didn’t create your post to be helpful, you just did it to be a snarky ass. Every update has like 50 different changes so it’s entirely possible to overlook or misread one of them.

    And guess what? Even if I knew about the change I would still be here talking about it because it is something worth discussing.

    What I'm mostly confused about is that, sure it might be easy to miss that they changed what the perk does. But they changed the icon for the perk as well. It's very different now. Did you miss that as well?

  • @deckyr said:

    i feel like trap detection still has a place in dbd, maybe it's an effect that they could apply to premonition. premonition can go on a cooldown when it detects the killer, but it can also just go "ping ping ping ping ping" while you're looking at a trap. i feel like that'd be pretty nicely balanced.

    Maybe they’re planning it to be a separate perk on a new character? They’re probably running low on ideas.

  • @Midori_21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2192223#Comment_2192223

    What I'm mostly confused about is that, sure it might be easy to miss that they changed what the perk does. But they changed the icon for the perk as well. It's very different now. Did you miss that as well?

    I noticed, but so what? The perk is still called Small Game. If anything, they should have removed the totem sensing and kept the traps. The name doesn’t make any sense for what does now.

  • @CountVampyr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2192236#Comment_2192236

    I noticed, but so what? The perk is still called Small Game. If anything, they should have removed the totem sensing and kept the traps. The name doesn’t make any sense for what does now.

    "But so what?" So you saw the different perk icon and went "Huh they changed it from a picture of a beartrap to a picture of a totem. Ah well that probably doesn't mean anything. Perk probably still detects traps. No need to check the description"

    The reason they got rid of the trap sensing and kept the totem part, is because they're trying to push people to do totems more often. And they're moving away from perk effects that target specific killers, like how small game specifically beat trapper and hag.

  • @Midori_21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2192270#Comment_2192270

    "But so what?" So you saw the different perk icon and went "Huh they changed it from a picture of a beartrap to a picture of a totem. Ah well that probably doesn't mean anything. Perk probably still detects traps. No need to check the description"

    The reason they got rid of the trap sensing and kept the totem part, is because they're trying to push people to do totems more often. And they're moving away from perk effects that target specific killers, like how small game specifically beat trapper and hag.

    I’m sure you’re that you are perfect and never overlook anything ever. Right. The “holier than thou” attitude of some gamers know no bounds.

  • @CountVampyr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2192406#Comment_2192406

    I’m sure you’re that you are perfect and never overlook anything ever. Right. The “holier than thou” attitude of some gamers know no bounds.

    No, I never said or tried to imply I'm perfect. Nor did I ever claim to be better than you. All I was saying is how hard is it to read a perk description?

  • You made an honest mistake. Not a big deal. But now you're being over the top defensive about it and just making things worse.

  • @CountVampyr said:

    Played two games against a trapper and was getting very aggravated that small game wasn’t giving me notifications about his traps. I mean I was looking right at one and it wasn’t going off! Then I noticed in the perk description they removed all mentions of killer traps. Terrific. Wish I got the damned memo.

    I feel like the small game rn is fine. No need to be this mad they took out the trap detecting part.

  • Because there shouldn’t be a perk that is literally designed to counter a specific killer’s power. It’s not fair and is terrible design. And no, Iron Will against Spirit doesn’t apply to that because Iron Will was never designed to counter Spirit. It’s very good against Spirit but it’s good against other killers too.

  • @CountVampyr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2191887#Comment_2191887

    Thanks smartass. I overlooked it. I’m not perfect. Sue me.

    I use it primarily for totems anyways, but now they should change the name of the perk because “small game” really only makes sense in relation to traps.

    Ok lets tone down the insults. Your being unnecessarily aggressive.

  • Please let's calm down and keep the discussion civil and respectful! We miss things sometimes, it happens, and its ok. Let's stay on the discussion of Small Game.

  • @EQWashu said:

    Please let's calm down and keep the discussion civil and respectful! We miss things sometimes, it happens, and its ok. Let's stay on the discussion of Small Game.

    Thank you

  • @Midori_21 said:

    If you're looking right at a trap, and you know you're looking right at that trap, why would you need something (small game) to remind you that, you are indeed, looking at that trap? Even with tar bottle it's not too difficult to find his traps. In fact with the map reworks many of the better trap spots are gone. If you keep your eyes peeled and literally watch your step, you'll be fine.

    I think they were talking about the perk not jumping up when they looked at the trap. But you are right.

  • I don't know why they would change the trap aspect

  • @Sup3rCatTree said:

    I don't know why they would change the trap aspect

    Because BHVR have gone on record saying they wanted to stop having things that countered specific killers. Of course, they haven't fully done that, but that's why.

    They removed the option from Saboteur to Sabotage Trapper's traps, and removed it completely from the game.

  • I ran old small game and still managed to step in traps so doesn't affect me

  • @CountVampyr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2192406#Comment_2192406

    I’m sure you’re that you are perfect and never overlook anything ever. Right. The “holier than thou” attitude of some gamers know no bounds.

    This is all you get in these forums they live for this