Don't you just LOVE it when your hex totems get cleansed 2 seconds into the game??

LOL I mean it dosen't even make me mad I just laugh it off. I always expect ruin to be broken early because it's way more harder to pop gens so someone has to hunt for it.

Comments

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2190808#Comment_2190808

    How would that work?

    "When a Survivor is Cursed by a Hex perk, the Hex is applied to a remaining dull totem." Something like that?

    Nailed it. 😁

    Yes, you can potentially deactivate any Hex Perk before it activates, but let's be real here, destroying all totems before someone gets cursed is near impossible. I mean if you do, then I recommend you buying a lottery ticket since if you're that lucky to witness that happening... You minus well go all the way.


    By the way, NOED would be buffed as well... Since you don't get cursed until someone is attacked and thus it remains hidden. Pretty cool.

  • @Magikazam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2190882#Comment_2190882

    The thing is survivors dont have to risk anything when they bring strong perk. If they all bring dead hard there ain't much the killer can do to stop that. Not only that, people bring ruin so much because base regression is extremely trash. it take as much time to regress one gen from 99% to 0% than it take survivors to do 5 other gens from 0%. it take 2 second to kick a gen yet survivor can tap it for 1/60 of a sec and stop the whole regression.

    on the other side survivor can gen rush and there no counter to that, and by Gen rush I mean being extremely optimal with their objectives. like all working on different gens. go for rescue only when survivore are close to lose hook stage. Only heal if you going to be chase/save someone.

    I just don't see why killer who has less perk slot to use are the one who need to risk those when on the other side we got perks that are powerful and rarely have drawback.

    But why do you need so much gen regression in the game? For example, to help prove my point this morning. I played Demodoggy. I've played 9 rounds so far. My build is BBQ, STBFL, Corrupt and Ruin. I usually run BBQ, STBFL, Corrupt and StarStruck. However, I am running ruin and corrupt together because corrupt basically tells me when 2 minutes in the game has passed.

    In 9 of those rounds ruin was cleansed before corrupt ran out twice. In both instances there was a pink map brought. I can't say if the map user is the one who cleansed ruin or not, Those are just the observations I've made this morning. That means out of 9 rounds ruin lasted more than 2 minutes in 7. As a side note I 4k'ed every game I played this morning so far. Though to be fair, I usually 4k a good 80-90% of my games.

    EDIT: At 22 games with 5 games where ruin was cleansed before corrupt ended... So in about 22% of my games... Thats still 78% of games where ruin lasted more than two minutes.

    Now this is way to low of a sample size to draw an accurate representation of how quickly ruin is cleansed, however it is slowly proving my point. Ruin last much longer then people expect in most games. We as human beings tend to focus and remember the negative impacts. So if you play 30 games and ruin got cleansed in the first 2 minutes of the match 5 times... You'll most likely remember those games most often and not the ones where ruined helped you get a 4k at 4 gens.

    So I pose this question to you... What do you want the devs to do? Remove hex perks and let them last 100% of the game... Because ######### NO... I would just never play survivor again if someone could have ruin always up all the time. Do you want them to create better spawns? Because thats what they have done with a lot of the new maps and some of the map reworks (not all, some are still pretty bad). Even if they do this, its only a temporary solution. Better totem spawns only last until players learn totem spawn locations, which takes me maybe 4-5 games to do.

  • BRUHHH one time I started a round right infront of a hex. I felt so bad for the killer but I cleansed it right away. Turns out it was haunted ground and we were all downed and hooked. Such a short round

  • @Nathan13 said:

    LOL I mean it dosen't even make me mad I just laugh it off. I always expect ruin to be broken early because it's way more harder to pop gens so someone has to hunt for it.

    It's not as common anymore because ha ha gens go Brrrt. But I still die a little when it happens

  • Just don't get sent to a map with bad totem spawns 4head go to The Game... wait, no that maps bad too.

    All the maps with good totem spawns have god awful pallet spawns.

    Its a lose lose

  • @NightmareKiller said:

    It's even funnier when BOTH ruin and undying get cleansed and at the same time. Funny how they keep adding perks to help survivors find totems.

    • I-if you don't want 4 gens to pop at once when the game starts use perks to slow down the game!!!!!
    • Oh, oopsie didoopsie haha you picked ruin, you picked an RNG perk so enjoy playing with 3 perks now, not my problem!!

    I just proceed to camp and tunnel when they break my hex, Haunted Grounds shouldn't even be a thing, every survivor who destroys an hex perk should become immediatly exposed for the next 60 seconds. Survivors get perks that stun the killer, ruin his plays and save them from mistakes but killers can't even have a match with 4 perks.

    just run Corrupt/Pop Freddy 4head

  • @NightmareKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2190528#Comment_2190528

    The only strong one there is Devour Hope, which requires you to hook people and run away from the hook as fast as possible. None of the other ones are "powerful effects". Not that i'm surprised survivor mains finds Hex Ruin such a powerful perk, after all, it ruins their gen repair simulator gameplay.

    Are you delusional?

  • @mouse0270 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2191171#Comment_2191171

    But why do you need so much gen regression in the game? For example, to help prove my point this morning. I played Demodoggy. I've played 9 rounds so far. My build is BBQ, STBFL, Corrupt and Ruin. I usually run BBQ, STBFL, Corrupt and StarStruck. However, I am running ruin and corrupt together because corrupt basically tells me when 2 minutes in the game has passed.

    In 9 of those rounds ruin was cleansed before corrupt ran out twice. In both instances there was a pink map brought. I can't say if the map user is the one who cleansed ruin or not, Those are just the observations I've made this morning. That means out of 9 rounds ruin lasted more than 2 minutes in 7. As a side note I 4k'ed every game I played this morning so far. Though to be fair, I usually 4k a good 80-90% of my games.

    EDIT: At 22 games with 5 games where ruin was cleansed before corrupt ended... So in about 22% of my games... Thats still 78% of games where ruin lasted more than two minutes.

    Now this is way to low of a sample size to draw an accurate representation of how quickly ruin is cleansed, however it is slowly proving my point. Ruin last much longer then people expect in most games. We as human beings tend to focus and remember the negative impacts. So if you play 30 games and ruin got cleansed in the first 2 minutes of the match 5 times... You'll most likely remember those games most often and not the ones where ruined helped you get a 4k at 4 gens.

    So I pose this question to you... What do you want the devs to do? Remove hex perks and let them last 100% of the game... Because ######### NO... I would just never play survivor again if someone could have ruin always up all the time. Do you want them to create better spawns? Because thats what they have done with a lot of the new maps and some of the map reworks (not all, some are still pretty bad). Even if they do this, its only a temporary solution. Better totem spawns only last until players learn totem spawn locations, which takes me maybe 4-5 games to do.

    First, We need ''so much gen regression'' cause our base regression is extremely trash and require us to lose pressure while survivor can stop it so fast with no effort or risk. Our perk (except ruin) requires us to work to get a result from them. That not bad in itself until you realize survivors on the other hand don't have that drawback when they use gen speed/exhaustion perk.

    Take DH as an example. it not bad when you use it to dodge a hit. that up for the killer to try and bait it and that fine. But when you use it to gain distance to make it to the next loop, that just a free 15 second of chase at worst.

    So when the game start, survivor got all pallets up, easy to use perk that can get free time and no pressure from the killer.

    We can't make gen take longer to complete, that make face camping stronger. so we either need to nerf survivor perk like DH to put some requirement that matter or you give killer better base regression.


    It just weird how much survivor got control over the game when the killer is the power role.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2190472#Comment_2190472

    Hex perks offer extremely powerful effects at the cost of them being temporary.

    You know the risk, yet you took it anyway, so it's on you.

    What is so powerfull about hex third seal?

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2192638#Comment_2192638

    That's a terrible argument. The point is totem spawns are trash asf. It's supposed to be risk/reward. Not all risk/no reward. The answer isn't "well just don't run it" The answer is to FIX TOTEM SPAWNS

    this was a joke :|

  • I was more referring to Ruin, as its the topic of this discussion

  • they should just fix totems so they don't:

    -Spawn in the open next to a tree.

    -In the open in the cornfields.

    -Inside shack in plain view.

    -Directly next to generators.

    -Or directly in the open in general.

  • @DemoFrog said:

    they should just fix totems so they don't:

    -Spawn in the open next to a tree.

    -In the open in the cornfields.

    -Inside shack in plain view.

    -Directly next to generators.

    -Or directly in the open in general.

    FYI totems now spawn in the corn not in the open.

  • But they're still just sitting in the open for all to see. They're entirely unreliable half the time and they need to fix it.

  • If it glows, it goes.

  • Funniest thing every was on yamoka estate against a blight with ruin undying and both me and my duo spawned on both totems. They popped immediately and the blight dcd. I don't even blame him lmao

  • @NightmareKiller said:

    It's even funnier when BOTH ruin and undying get cleansed and at the same time. Funny how they keep adding perks to help survivors find totems.

    • I-if you don't want 4 gens to pop at once when the game starts use perks to slow down the game!!!!!
    • Oh, oopsie didoopsie haha you picked ruin, you picked an RNG perk so enjoy playing with 3 perks now, not my problem!!

    I just proceed to camp and tunnel when they break my hex, Haunted Grounds shouldn't even be a thing, every survivor who destroys an hex perk should become immediatly exposed for the next 60 seconds. Survivors get perks that stun the killer, ruin his plays and save them from mistakes but killers can't even have a match with 4 perks.

    Oh yeah, that's a freddy main.

    Jokes aside, thats the risk of the perks. Some maps have incredibly good spawns (mainly badham and the indoors ones) that you striaght up aren't finding without perks or a map. However some, like Mcmillan and Crotus have really bad ones.

    Btw if 4 gens are popping you literally aren't chasing anyone.

1 2 ›