Looks like they listened!

The chat filter seems to be gone which is awesome. Don't remember seeing this in the patch notes, maybe it was tho

Comments

  • Got my doubts about this one.

  • Don't see why their needs to be a filter the game has an age rating for a reason not the intended audiences fault parents ignore age ratings same as the forum I believe if the age rating is intended for adults then swearing and profanity should be allowed and anyone who complains should be removed for lying about their age.

  • @DecisiveDwight said:

    Don't see why their needs to be a filter the game has an age eating for a reason not the intended audiences fault parents ignore age ratings same as the forum I believe if the age rating is intended for adults then swearing and profanity should be allowed and anyone who complains should be removed for lying about their age.

    Oh good, I guess slurs are fine and if I complain I'm a child.

    Telling people in a not nice way to to commit die is also fine, and if I complain I'm a child.

    What a joke.

  • nah its still on

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2185538#Comment_2185538

    Oh good, I guess slurs are fine and if I complain I'm a child.

    Telling people in a not nice way to to commit die is also fine, and if I complain I'm a child.

    What a joke.

    Hey not my fault you choose to pay attention to negativity all I'm saying is you're gonna get some rage induced sad act telling you to die because his feelings got hurt over a flashlight save. Happens in all PvP games people just need to move on

  • @Shroompy said:

    nah its still on

    I just tested a bunch of phrases that used to get blocked, including swear words themselves and nothing gets blocked for me

  • @Botiz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2185551#Comment_2185551

    I just tested a bunch of phrases that used to get blocked, including swear words themselves and nothing gets blocked for me

    And I just said a few curse words last game and they got blocked

  • @DecisiveDwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2185541#Comment_2185541

    Hey not my fault you choose to pay attention to negativity all I'm saying is you're gonna get some rage induced sad act telling you to die because his feelings got hurt over a flashlight save. Happens in all PvP games people just need to move on

    Saying slurs and people telling you to die are fine is literally the worst take, imo.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2185552#Comment_2185552

    Saying slurs and people telling you to die are fine is literally the worst take, imo.

    Guess we'll have to agree to disagree then IDK

  • This isn't even agree to disagree.

    I'm just flabbergasted that you could say that, tbh.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2185538#Comment_2185538

    Oh good, I guess slurs are fine and if I complain I'm a child.

    Telling people in a not nice way to to commit die is also fine, and if I complain I'm a child.

    What a joke.

    I would have been fine with it if they'd only banned slurs. Things like '#########' are pretty much impossible to censor in a game like this, because they're part of the gameplay ("why did you ######### on first hook?"), and ultimately no number of banned words is going to stop people from being nasty to each other - you don't need to use swears, slurs, or buzzwords to insult people. Censors that try to overreach and ban words that might be used in bad contexts cause more problems than they solve, much less them choosing to ban lots of game terminology like facecamping, tbagging, et cetera.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2185575#Comment_2185575

    This isn't even agree to disagree.

    I'm just flabbergasted that you could say that, tbh.

    So what it's a game I have been told I'm terrible at this game made this nicer than the actual message was I was told to hang myself because I left a Kate on hook to finish a gen while she struggled I just asked her if she feels better and moved on, I feel for the people that get offended by it I do but eventually you get a thick skin and laugh because of how pathetic they are about a game

  • @DecisiveDwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2185578#Comment_2185578

    So what it's a game I have been told I'm terrible at this game made this nicer than the actual message was I was told to hang myself because I left a Kate on hook to finish a gen while she struggled I just asked her if she feels better and moved on, I feel for the people that get offended by it I do but eventually you get a thick skin and laugh because of how pathetic they are about a game

    Not everyone is in the frame of mind to handle those things.

    Some people want to play the game to escape those very things and having reminders of how ######### the world is shoved in their faces isn't good for them.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2185587#Comment_2185587

    Not everyone is in the frame of mind to handle those things.

    Some people want to play the game to escape those very things and having reminders of how ######### the world is shoved in their faces isn't good for them.

    We all have issues and sometimes online gaming makes it worse that's why I take regular breaks and play less intense games. You can look at me and think I'm being mean or evil but at the end of the day it is just a game.

  • @DecisiveDwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2185578#Comment_2185578

    So what it's a game I have been told I'm terrible at this game made this nicer than the actual message was I was told to hang myself because I left a Kate on hook to finish a gen while she struggled I just asked her if she feels better and moved on, I feel for the people that get offended by it I do but eventually you get a thick skin and laugh because of how pathetic they are about a game

    I play this game to have a good time. If the other players indicate they're screamingly angry at me, or more interested in mocking me than playing the game with me, I'm no longer having fun. I don't play games to have to toughen up to deal with other people; I play games to have fun with other people.

    I don't know - becoming jaded and flippant in response to other people's nastiness isn't really a solution to the problem of people being nasty. It's more of a contributor. People could use more empathy, and not the Claudette kind.

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2185587#Comment_2185587

    I play this game to have a good time. If the other players indicate they're screamingly angry at me, or more interested in mocking me than playing the game with me, I'm no longer having fun. I don't play games to have to toughen up to deal with other people; I play games to have fun with other people.

    I don't know - becoming jaded and flippant in response to other people's nastiness isn't really a solution to the problem of people being nasty. It's more of a contributor. People could use more empathy, and not the Claudette kind.

    Look I'm not here to make friends I'm here to play the game if you can't have fun I won't let that stop me if you message me yelling about something that I did in game I'll just move on and play my next match it's not nice getting a nasty message but it's one match people act like it happens way too often I get a bad message like 1 in every 5 games.

  • To OP - the censor only works when in a public lobby or EGC. The censor doesn’t work when we click on survivor from the main menu. This might be why you think it’s off.

  • I would prefer people can say more things in chat and the others to choose to engage or not. Map names are hidden by the censor. Character names are hidden by the censor.

    I am often left wondering what the other players are saying and left doubting that anything offensive was actually washed by the filter.

    @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2185575#Comment_2185575

    This isn't even agree to disagree.

    I'm just flabbergasted that you could say that, tbh.


  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2185552#Comment_2185552

    Saying slurs and people telling you to die are fine is literally the worst take, imo.

    They aren't saying it's fine, they address it as "negativity". They're saying to not focus on it or take it to heart.

    Your point has been made, but words are ultimately words, and you can always close the chat or just leave the post game chat. I know that slurs and insults can be offensive, and it is wrong, but the tools to stand up and leave are right there, and you can always do a report if it bothers you that much.

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2185587#Comment_2185587

    I play this game to have a good time. If the other players indicate they're screamingly angry at me, or more interested in mocking me than playing the game with me, I'm no longer having fun. I don't play games to have to toughen up to deal with other people; I play games to have fun with other people.

    I don't know - becoming jaded and flippant in response to other people's nastiness isn't really a solution to the problem of people being nasty. It's more of a contributor. People could use more empathy, and not the Claudette kind.

    Insults and such are wrong but the tools to leave these situations exist. If you're in pre-game chat, leave the lobby. If you're in post game chat, close the chat (like a bunch of people already seem to do) or leave the lobby since the match is done. You don't have to "toughen up" and tolerate it, you have the tools to leave.

  • The best part of discussing PvP games is the competition over who is the biggest psychopath.

    "You don't like being told to hang yourself? Maybe it's time to grow up"

    "They're just words, I never get upset about words. Or actions. Or much at all."

    "The hardest part of interacting with other humans is pretending...to feel... anything"

  • I didn't mind it eitherway.

  • @DecisiveDwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2185541#Comment_2185541

    Hey not my fault you choose to pay attention to negativity all I'm saying is you're gonna get some rage induced sad act telling you to die because his feelings got hurt over a flashlight save. Happens in all PvP games people just need to move on

    I don't know how to put this nicely, but we have a lot of people who are "mentally unstable". When I see #########, I can ignore it or even make fun of it. Some people can't. I don't judge those people. I don't know what they're going through either. I just think that maybe it's not the worst idea to protect these people from negativity in a video game, especially when they turn on that game to get away from their problems. Even if it's just for the moment. And BHVR has already done that (sort of) by giving us the choice to close the chat function. The chat filter on the other hand was kinda ridiculous. Some quite normal things were censored.