Exploit Abused, Game Held Hostage.

Hey all,

Kinda wanted to ask a question.

Just a few minutes ago, I was playing a game on Mother's Dwelling with Deathslinger. I had been losing, but was making a comeback. I shot a Kate (I think) who then immediately DC'd whilst she was on the chain. This is a known DeathSlinger issue, which causes him to be unable to play the game afterwards.

I have some screenshots of their group basically coming out and admitting it and I have already submitted a ticket.

I was wondering if it is bannable, as I know I told her it was (and I hope it is, since Nea took the game hostage for quite some time after that) but I am not sure.

InkedBan_evidence_1_LI.jpg Inkedban_evidence_2_LI.jpg


Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I mean, you have proof that they intentionally broke a Killer, so I'd say ya. Worth a shot to report it regardless.

  • I honesty don't know, but I sure hope it is. If you have proof that someone's exploiting a bug on purpose, that should really be enough.

  • If you have video evidence and they admitted to it, well... Here's hoping.

    Although I've stopped reporting hackers and exploiters. No confirmation that they ever get dealt with, plenty confirmed not getting dealt with, and a long, arduous process to report them that requires so much detail that hacker's have figured out how to hide, and that's assuming you don't get kicked form the post-trial screen after a few minutes of inactivity setting the rest up...

    Edit: Also, I don't always remember to have recording software running in the background, ready to take a five-minute snapshot whilst also lowering my framerate the entire time.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    If you have video evidence and they admitted to it, well... Here's hoping.

    Although I've stopped reporting hackers and exploiters. No confirmation that they ever get dealt with, plenty confirmed not getting dealt with, and a long, arduous process to report them that requires so much detail that hacker's have figured out how to hide, and that's assuming you don't get kicked form the post-trial screen after a few minutes of inactivity setting the rest up...

    Edit: Also, I don't always remember to have recording software running in the background, ready to take a five-minute snapshot whilst also lowering my framerate the entire time.

    Luckily, Xbox can take 5 minute gameclips of the past, which I did and I submitted it as evidence.

    I also submitted the above screenshots and a stream vod of the Nea holding the game hostage when Hatch is open and gens are done

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2183489#Comment_2183489

    Luckily, Xbox can take 5 minute gameclips of the past, which I did and I submitted it as evidence.

    I also submitted the above screenshots and a stream vod of the Nea holding the game hostage when Hatch is open and gens are done

    Okay, this is going to sound dumb, but that might be more reportable than actual hacking.

  • @StibbityStabbity said:

    I mean, you have proof that they intentionally broke a Killer, so I'd say ya. Worth a shot to report it regardless.

    I did, thankfully.

    I also submitted the above screenshots and a stream vod of the Nea holding the game hostage when Hatch is open and gens are done

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2183494#Comment_2183494

    Okay, this is going to sound dumb, but that might be more reportable than actual hacking.

    Oh yeah, I know.

    The one who DC'd and broke Deathslinger deleted their messages after they blocked me, so they at least knew it was a possibility they'd get banned.

  • @Hex_Llama said:

    I honesty don't know, but I sure hope it is. If you have proof that someone's exploiting a bug on purpose, that should really be enough.

    We can only hope.

  • They wont do anything unless you have video, even then you cant prove it was intentional.

  • @Mdawgu said:

    They wont do anything unless you have video, even then you cant prove it was intentional.

    Very true, however many times that I've reported cheating I've actually got a basic response from them thanking me for doing my part to make the game better. The one time I have proof and submitted it showing some of the most blatant hacking I've ever seen. I got no response whatsoever. all my reports contain video proof too

  • Even if it looks like they knew it, they really don't admit to anything. You vaguely bait them into that and they simply say it's not bannable. That could be read as them simply referencing to the fact that DC'ing is not bannable (and it's not, as it's handled exclusively through the penalty system now, as confirmed by the devs). I don't think you have a smoking gun here. Unless, not in the evidence you posted itt.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2183480#Comment_2183480

    I did, thankfully.

    I also submitted the above screenshots and a stream vod of the Nea holding the game hostage when Hatch is open and gens are done

    What did the Nea do to hold the game hostage?

  • My experience may be an exception then, but I recently reported a hacker with video proof and everything, got contacted by support within 24h and actually saw on the hacker's Steam profile they had received a game ban the next day. It was a very enjoyable support experience for me.

    So I would definitely report this and hope they do something about it. :)

  • I was unable to move and all the gens were done, Hatch was open.

    She sat in front of me, t-bagging for some time.

  • They were trying to dissuade you into believing it wasn't bannable, this definitely is considered exploiting and holding the game hostage

  • I think the video + the posts might be enough to conclude that it was intentional.

  • @TAG said:

    I think the video + the posts might be enough to conclude that it was intentional.

    I hope so.

  • Let's hope it is. People like that should not be able to play online games against others. These people would never stop cheating by just being told not to do it.

  • As you've already reported this, I will close this thread - it will be for the ACM Team to decide if any rule was broken.