I need my username to be hidden when playing killer
i notice streamers can do it i feel this is necessary for all platforms
i am actually done playing killer i find it funnier then survivor but the amount of harassment you receive is ridiculous
i report it and get back messages like this player has received a warning but it just bothers me.
i find myself always having massive breaks from this game because of it.
i love this game so much but it actual starts to weigh on me after awhile i know I'm not alone with this
please implement a hide username or something
Comments
I agree, but for now the workaround is to disable messages from people who aren't on your friends list.
I need my username to be hidden when playing survivor.
Constantly get abuse for daring to survive (which is why I've been playing more and more killer).
Honestly, if I hear how "looping is the same as tunneling" or "dropping pallets early is an exploit" imma scream...
Then they bring the sweatiest build possible for the next round to make sure I dont make it out alive this time.
Are usernames needed at all? Just make everyone anonymous...
I really have not had that experience as survivor but I'm sorry it has happened to you
they should just add the feature for both sides
in retrospect i should of just said i need a hide username feature.
Start socialising.
There are ways to prevent the abuse. On Steam, you can disable the end game chat and not allow comments on your profile. On Playstation, you can make it so only friends can message you.
yeah i did that then i got friend requests with abusive messages instead. So now i have to have my profile private everything on console cause of one game
i did that then i get friend requests with abusive messages instead so I'm just suppose to have everything on private because of one game?
Just ignore the requests?
sorry for clarity the requests have abusive messages attached to them
The devs can't do anything about stuff that happens outside the game. For now, until if and when they censor usernames, the only thing you can do is make everything private.
Ohhh okay.
In that case report them.
Im not condoning people being jerks but the reality is that people will be hateful regardless of the steps taken. It sucks that people suck but it is pretty inevitable but you can take reactive steps like reporting while also take proactive steps such as reminding yourself that the opinions of random players don't actually matter. That's helped me get a lot less ticked off and it's something that's still very applicable outside of gaming (random driver on your way to work being a jerk, etc).
That's similar type of stuff I encourage clients to do that i provide counseling for
I mostly ignore the end game chat and move onto the next game. The one thing I don't understand is when they open my steam profile and post something on one of my screenshots for a completely different game. I read these comments and I'm like "I don't even remember who you are. Do you really have nothing better to do than to yell at someone who beat you? Enjoy your ban"