What makes you dodge a lobby?

Killer or survivor. Or do you not dodge at all?

I dodge lobbies if I see more than two flashlights. It's not even a git gud situation, I just know these survivors are going to be really annoying - either they're going to find other ways to badger me at hooks, or they're just going to click at me all game. Lightborn makes good gotcha moments but doesn't stop annoying survivors from being annoying. I also don't trust Dwelfs; if I see a Dwelf with a flashlight, or a lobby of Dwelfs, I'm gone.

I don't dodge keys unless I'm doing an adept or an archive to get a 4k. And I love lobbies where all four survivors are the same character or identical, even if it probably means they're a SWF.

As a survivor, I dodge if I end up in a really provocative lobby - like all three of my teammates are carrying keys. I'll also dodge if I'm doing a flashlight challenge and I see other players with flashlights, because I don't want the killer to bring Lightborn.

I'm just curious about what things different people nope out at.

Comments

  • Legacy. I don't trust any Legacy Player anymore since there is a 50 % chance of them being a cheater.

    I know, anyone can cheat, not only Legacy People, but most people who cheat also cheat Legacy so before check any profile I dodge and get into another lobby which is faster anyways.

    And if they don't happen to be cheaters then there is a good chance of them being ultra sweaty toxic tryhards. Nah, I'll take 1 extra minute of queue over any of those examples.

  • If I have to go suddenly afk before match start but besides that never. No reason imo.

  • there are a few times I lobby dodge

    If I see 4 caludetts

    If I see a key and a map

    If I see 4 toolboxes

    If I see someone switch to a survivor that is exactly the same as another. I know I'm about to get messed with

    As a survivor I don't looby dodge. moris aren't that big a deal anymore so.

  • I only dodge if I'm on an unlucky streak.

    ie. got sent to a bad map like 5 games in a row and see another offering for a bad map.

  • 4 console players. I like to have some interaction in post-game chat

  • If the ping bar is not green

  • Ping or keys, that's it.

    Ping is obvious.

    Key's you either stomp the survivors or the game ends halfway. Either way not fun

  • If I wanna try a well thoughout perk/addon build and all survivors are running a counter item. Or sth like I play Hag and all 4 opponents running a flashlight. Big no for me doc.

  • High ping. Sometimes I dodge ttvs depending on my mood but usually not. I dodge offensive names as well because I’d just rather not.

  • Keys. Since they nerfed Moris I can’t fight fire with fire, so I just leave

  • I’ve started dodging when I see survivors with names in Russian. I’ve never been in a match with one so I don’t know what they’d do to me but I don’t wanna find out

  • If they are not a SWF team I dodge.

    I kid, I don’t dodge any lobby unless something irl comes up.

  • @Jasix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2181071#Comment_2181071

    You do realize most TTV are small streamers and do not publicly humiliate players right? Of all the streamers I have watched (well over 500) - I would say maybe a handful are what I would call "toxic" streamers - the ones who complain and degrade others. I belong to a Discord group of small streamers and their viewers - probably 120-125 small streamers and I have watched every single one of them - and none of them would have been invited to the Discord if they were "toxic" streamers.

    When I am playing killer and there is a ttv survivor - I visit their stream before and after - to wish them good luck and to gg them. 99% of the time they are very cordial whether they win or lose.

    I have went against everyone from Tofu, Otz, Elix, Ohmwrecker, AngryPug, and Tru3 to smaller streamers who had 3-20 viewers. Judging an entire group of persons based off limited interactions seems silly to me (and a bit discriminatory) - I judge individuals and not entire groups, but that's just how I was raised.

    I guess I've just had bad luck - I've only just cracked 100 hours (about 40 survivor then I switched to killer) and I've only had 4 TTV's - and all of them were abusive and bullying. So I'm glad you've had good encounters but my experience isn't the same.

  • I'll only dodge if I see 4 medkits when playing plague

  • nothing, bring me the challenge and the salt at the end game chat

  • @Laluzi said:

    Killer or survivor. Or do you not dodge at all?

    I dodge lobbies if I see more than two flashlights. It's not even a git gud situation, I just know these survivors are going to be really annoying - either they're going to find other ways to badger me at hooks, or they're just going to click at me all game. Lightborn makes good gotcha moments but doesn't stop annoying survivors from being annoying. I also don't trust Dwelfs; if I see a Dwelf with a flashlight, or a lobby of Dwelfs, I'm gone.

    I don't dodge keys unless I'm doing an adept or an archive to get a 4k. And I love lobbies where all four survivors are the same character or identical, even if it probably means they're a SWF.

    As a survivor, I dodge if I end up in a really provocative lobby - like all three of my teammates are carrying keys. I'll also dodge if I'm doing a flashlight challenge and I see other players with flashlights, because I don't want the killer to bring Lightborn.

    I'm just curious about what things different people nope out at.

    P3 all flashlight

1 2 ›