few pallets + nerf structures + harvester tech gone + deadzones in the new map coldwind farm...

Hello everyone, today I come to discuss the new map update, the truth is very nice and the whole new map ... but technically speaking it is horrible to play as survivor, they reduced the number of pallets incredibly, there are around 8 to 11 pallets depending on the variation of the map, in the old maps there were at least 12 to 15 pallets per game ... now it is impossible, especially when you play alone and the randoms spend the pallets at the beginning of the game, if we play against a bubba it just automatically gets a free 12 hooks... we add the nerf to the harvester tech and the new dead zones without pallets, the infinity and nerfed structures ... just horrible ... what do you think about it? even the map macmillan dont received anything similar ... now coldwind farm is full killer sided in my opinion... (talking in solo queue cuz you can win rushing with a premade of 4... for sure... but its not fun in my opinion... im not here only to repair gens...).

pd: the objects are now so big... that is why there is alot of dead zones...

pd2: the nerf of the cow tree is just amazing how they killed that loop too.

pd3: harvester tech is working but is so hard doing it now in console at the least... survivors console players rip harvester tech.

Comments

  • @Aimant said:

    Hello, everyone. As expected, I will share my opinion here:

    For all of you here saying wonderful things about the new Coldwind rework, "super strong loops", "not nerfed at all" and that sort of stuff... I assume you're main killers, right? Because there's no way a main survivor or someone who plays both sides would agree that nonsense argument. Just to make it clear, I'm the second tipe of person who plays both sides, as survivor and killer.

    The obvious reduction of pallets? The machine (harvester-tech) nerfed? The dead zones (which are "covered" with useless huge objects as boxes or hay blocks) around the map? There's no need to have 7000+ hours to understand such a simple situation that happened here: the rework of Coldwind map is absolutely a pro-killer one right now. If you want to accept it or not, is your choice. But you can't change the evident fact that it is.

    I've been telling it from a time ago: The main (and worrying) problem of Dead by Daylight and its toxicity is lack of empathy. And the comments here are the living proof of that.

    Really easy to say "If you waste 8 pallets in 2 minutes, then you're such a bad player"... With the corresponding respect, THERE'RE 4 SURVIVORS playing the game, you can't be so selfish as main killer. If I play alone and some of the randoms throw pallets as there's no tomorrow, why would it be my fault? Is it really my fault that my teammates are as bad as a rotten potato?

    If your answer is "yes", then there's no discussion to keep going on. Hope you can change your mentality soon and realize it's not everybody's fault. Playing without friends has turned into something impossible right now, and it's a pity for those good players.

    Beauty aapart (which it really may be, personally too bright and sunny for me), Coldwind rework is a shame for survivors, a complete disappointment. Hope Behaviour can reconsider it and fix the disguisting loops, pallets and structures they designed.

    I'll keep forward this post. Have a nice day!

    All of the pallets on Coldwind that I've seen have been fairly strong.

    I play both sides, and I've actually been on Coldwind as both Killer and Survivor.

    It isn't nearly as Survivor-sided as it used to be, but I would say it still leans slightly that way.

    Functionally, I think there may be 2 pallets missing, and they weren't good pallets either.

  • If you pre-drop every pallet as survivor then the problem is your skill level and not the map.

  • @ChunWooHan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2171319#Comment_2171319

    the details for sure that map was 101% based on the main building infinites and harvester tech since they removed it, just a awful map.

    Harvester tech only worked on bad Killers. Are you actually arguing for infinites?

    I think you are a lower Ranked Survivor. There isn't anything wrong with that, but I would advise putting some more time into the game.

    Oh and the details comment was referring to the Kill Rate stats that BHVR released.

    They are incredibly flawed and cannot be used in any sort of logical argument.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2171140#Comment_2171140

    All of the pallets on Coldwind that I've seen have been fairly strong.

    I play both sides, and I've actually been on Coldwind as both Killer and Survivor.

    It isn't nearly as Survivor-sided as it used to be, but I would say it still leans slightly that way.

    Functionally, I think there may be 2 pallets missing, and they weren't good pallets either.

    that is not only 2 pallets in my pov that is like 3 - 4, the point here is the old coldwind was much better that this new coldwind, im not playing a game based on the graphics... that is why i made this post to get different points of view.

  • @Bonquiqui414 said:

    If you pre-drop every pallet as survivor then the problem is your skill level and not the map.

    so that is my fault cuz the match making put me in a queue with survivors purple and yellow ranks? who pre drop the pallets? damn awesome this is logic i guess.

  • @Aimant said:

    Hello, everyone. As expected, I will share my opinion here:

    For all of you here saying wonderful things about the new Coldwind rework, "super strong loops", "not nerfed at all" and that sort of stuff... I assume you're main killers, right? Because there's no way a main survivor or someone who plays both sides would agree that nonsense argument. Just to make it clear, I'm the second tipe of person who plays both sides, as survivor and killer.

    The obvious reduction of pallets? The machine (harvester-tech) nerfed? The dead zones (which are "covered" with useless huge objects as boxes or hay blocks) around the map? There's no need to have 7000+ hours to understand such a simple situation that happened here: the rework of Coldwind map is absolutely a pro-killer one right now. If you want to accept it or not, is your choice. But you can't change the evident fact that it is.

    I've been telling it from a time ago: The main (and worrying) problem of Dead by Daylight and its toxicity is lack of empathy. And the comments here are the living proof of that.

    Really easy to say "If you waste 8 pallets in 2 minutes, then you're such a bad player"... With the corresponding respect, THERE'RE 4 SURVIVORS playing the game, you can't be so selfish as main killer. If I play alone and some of the randoms throw pallets as there's no tomorrow, why would it be my fault? Is it really my fault that my teammates are as bad as a rotten potato?

    If your answer is "yes", then there's no discussion to keep going on. Hope you can change your mentality soon and realize it's not everybody's fault. Playing without friends has turned into something impossible right now, and it's a pity for those good players.

    Beauty aapart (which it really may be, personally too bright and sunny for me), Coldwind rework is a shame for survivors, a complete disappointment. Hope Behaviour can reconsider it and fix the disguisting loops, pallets and structures they designed.

    I'll keep forward this post. Have a nice day!

    Its not your fault that your teammates are potatoes. But you cant expect to win with a team of potatoes.

  • @ChunWooHan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2171331#Comment_2171331

    that is not only 2 pallets in my pov that is like 3 - 4, the point here is the old coldwind was much better that this new coldwind, im not playing a game based on the graphics... that is why i made this post to get different points of view.

    Old Coldwind was incredibly imbalanced for Killers.

    Almost every pallet was safe, structures connected and there were tons of pallets. It was very bad design.

    Almost everyone agreed.

  • @TicTac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2171140#Comment_2171140

    Its not your fault that your teammates are potatoes. But you cant expect to win with a team of potatoes.

    so finally the solution here is make friends rank's 1 to play in premade and gen rush, thanks for the advice.

  • @ChunWooHan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2171337#Comment_2171337

    so that is my fault cuz the match making put me in a queue with survivors purple and yellow ranks? who pre drop the pallets? damn awesome this is logic i guess.

    That’s a separate issue, coldwind is exactly the same and even better for survivors with the new breakable walls

  • @Bonquiqui414 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2171341#Comment_2171341

    That’s a separate issue, coldwind is exactly the same and even better for survivors with the new breakable walls

    you cant comparate it against other reworks like mcmillan state, autohaven and asylum where the structures are the same and they only add doors, they dont nerf structures or remove pallets. this is not the same :)

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2171261#Comment_2171261

    "Would you mind explain me how's that "I lied and misunderstood basically (as you expressed) the whole game"?"

    First don't put quotes around something I didn't say. A quote is a quote, not an interpretation.

    "Perhaps we're talking about a completly different game then, because I'm here playing and talking about Dead by Daylight. Oh, maybe I posted on the wrong forum... Let me check.

    Hmm... Nope, this is it."

    Sarcastic insults won't move your conversation forward at all, but making points with critical thinking will.

    "How's that you're so locked up in your own perspective that you can't consider other ones? That mayble I'm right too?"

    I did consider your points, they were bad.

    "I assume you're main killers, right? Because there's no way a main survivor or someone who plays both sides would agree that nonsense argument. Just to make it clear, I'm the second tipe of person who plays both sides, as survivor and killer."

    Calling someone a killer main because you disagree with them is already starting a conversation by name calling and doesn't show an actual eagerness for a rational conversation. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make then a whatever main. They may simply have a better balanced perspective.

    "The obvious reduction of pallets? The machine (harvester-tech) nerfed? The dead zones (which are "covered" with useless huge objects as boxes or hay blocks) around the map? There's no need to have 7000+ hours to understand such a simple situation that happened here: the rework of Coldwind map is absolutely a pro-killer one right now. If you want to accept it or not, is your choice. But you can't change the evident fact that it is."

    The map is still quite survivor sided. There are still way more than enough pallets, the harvester "nerf" is a bit of a stretch as it also got buffed since you can fast vault it now, and yes there are some dead zones as many maps already have, you are expected to play around that factor. The rework is not a "pro-killer" change, it's a pro-balanced design change. It was busted for survivors before hence why SWF always sent you there. As I mentioned before, it's still survivor sided.

    "I've been telling it from a time ago: The main (and worrying) problem of Dead by Daylight and its toxicity is lack of empathy. And the comments here are the living proof of that."

    People disagreeing with you isn't lack of empathy. Calling it that is just showing your ego with the inability to understand you could be wrong and choosing to name call them instead.

    "Really easy to say "If you waste 8 pallets in 2 minutes, then you're such a bad player"... With the corresponding respect, THERE'RE 4 SURVIVORS playing the game, you can't be so selfish as main killer. If I play alone and some of the randoms throw pallets as there's no tomorrow, why would it be my fault? Is it really my fault that my teammates are as bad as a rotten potato?"

    That is not selfish, that is understanding the balance of the game. It's a 1v4, not a 1v1. You are a team, not a solo. If the game was balanced around 1v1 how you are implying it would be busted. The game is balanced around your team doing things like that. It is your teams fault, not your fault. Selfish is ignoring the team aspect and wanting the game balanced around you.

    "If your answer is "yes", then there's no discussion to keep going on. Hope you can change your mentality soon and realize it's not everybody's fault. Playing without friends has turned into something impossible right now, and it's a pity for those good players."

    Impossible without friends? Really?

    I play solo queue at rank 1 95% of the time and we 3-4 escape at least 74% of my matches. If you find it that impossible it is a you issue, not a balance issue.


    1- "So much of that post is completely untrue and shows a misunderstanding of the game at a fundamental level." "First don't put quotes around something I didn't say. A quote is a quote, not an interpretation."

    I didn't put quotes around anything. You said it was completely untrue... So, if something is not true, what it is? False, a lie. Did I really give it a wrong interpretation about it?

    2- "Sarcastic insults won't move your conversation forward at all, but making points with critical thinking will."

    Did I refer to your person? Did I really insult you? No, I did't. So don't make up things that aren't real. If you felt ofended, it is not my business.

    3- "I did consider your points, they were bad."

    I did consider yours too, and for me they were bad as well. But even so I'm here debating with you and not invalidating you.

    4- "Calling someone a killer main because you disagree with them is already starting a conversation by name calling and doesn't show an actual eagerness for a rational conversation. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make then a whatever main. They may simply have a better balanced perspective."

    You gave a wrong interpretation about it. I referred to main killer because I feel the rework affects directly into survivors. And, as I first said, "It was my opinion", I have never invalidated them to express themselves.

    5- "The map is still quite survivor sided. There are still way more than enough pallets, the harvester "nerf" is a bit of a stretch as it also got buffed since you can fast vault it now, and yes there are some dead zones as many maps already have, you are expected to play around that factor. The rework is not a "pro-killer" change, it's a pro-balanced design map. It was busted for survivors before hence why SWF always sent you there. As I mentioned before, it's still survivor sided."

    Again, if I play my by own I am condemned to pray for potatoes to not waste the 9 pallets of the map.

    6- "People disagreeing with you isn't lack of empathy. Calling it that is just showing your ego with the inability to understand you could be wrong and choosing to name call them instead."

    Hope I could have such a big and huge ego, but it is totally the opposite. This map is just a bit of it, but the toxicity of tha game is just the lack of empathy. Accept it or not. And I don't think I'm wrong, I think there's just different points of view.

    7- "That is not selfish, that is understanding the balance of the game. It's a 1v4, not a 1v1. You are a team, not a solo. If the game was balanced around 1v1 how you are implying it would be busted. The game is balanced around your team doing things like that. It is your teams fault, not your fault. Selfish is ignoring the team aspect and wanting the game balanced around you."

    Who said I wanted balanced around me? I want to have a chance in team, but it is really difficult with randoms and less pallets than other maps or nerfs.

    8- "Impossible without friends? Really? I play solo queue at rank 1 95% of the time and we 3-4 escape at least 74% of my matches. If you find it that impossible it is a you issue, not a balance issue."

    Oh, I really admire that fact. Please let me join so I can escape with you. Because here... doesn't really work. At least on my region with such a high level of toxicity (from killers and suvivors).

  • So sad about the removal of harvester tech, pretty annoying that killers can do it but survivors can't.

  • @ChunWooHan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2171351#Comment_2171351

    you cant comparate it against other reworks like mcmillan state, autohaven and asylum where the structures are the same and they only add doors, they dont nerf structures or remove pallets. this is not the same :)

    Well like most people said, there’s hardly a difference and if there was, coldwind was long due for a nerfing

  • @Bonquiqui414 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2171358#Comment_2171358

    Well like most people said, there’s hardly a difference and if there was, coldwind was long due for a nerfing

    you answered yourself its not the same and its nerfed. make these map killer sided that is the point of this post.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    So sad about the removal of harvester tech, pretty annoying that killers can do it but survivors can't.

    yes hope they fix it since they said the harvester tech is legal for survivor before... now? unnecessary nerfed.

  • @ChunWooHan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2171343#Comment_2171343

    so finally the solution here is make friends rank's 1 to play in premade and gen rush, thanks for the advice.

    No the advice is to lower your expectations. Everyone knows that the matchmaking isnt good, so they deal with it. If you cant deal with it, then you need to play with good survivor in a swf or wait until the MMR-system.

  • @TicTac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2171348#Comment_2171348

    No the advice is to lower your expectations. Everyone knows that the matchmaking isnt good, so they deal with it. If you cant deal with it, then you need to play with good survivor in a swf or wait until the MMR-system.

    3 years playing... the problem isnt the matchmaking finally the problem is other... but that is okey its your pov.

  • @TicTac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2171348#Comment_2171348

    No the advice is to lower your expectations. Everyone knows that the matchmaking isnt good, so they deal with it. If you cant deal with it, then you need to play with good survivor in a swf or wait until the MMR-system.

    3 years playing... the same matchmaking... the problem isnt the match making... but well that is your pov and its ok. but here my post is from another thing not talking about match making.

  • @ChunWooHan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2171439#Comment_2171439

    3 years playing... the same matchmaking... the problem isnt the match making... but well that is your pov and its ok. but here my post is from another thing not talking about match making.

    1. YOU said you get teammates which are so bad they cost you the game. That means YOU said the problem is bad matchmaking.

    2. If the matchmaking was always bad, its no counterargument.

    3. You are really egocentric when you think you should win when you know your team is worse than the killer

  • @TicTac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2171140#Comment_2171140

    Its not your fault that your teammates are potatoes. But you cant expect to win with a team of potatoes.

    I know. But at least would be better to have a chance to loop when there's no more pallets left or something.

  • @Aimant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2171343#Comment_2171343

    I know. But at least would be better to have a chance to loop when there's no more pallets left or something.

    Honest question, what do you mean here "have a chance to loop"? How long? Until the killer gets annoyed and leaves or all gens get finished? When is looping done long enough to be called successful?

    This all boils down back to the 1vs1 against 1vs4 aspect in my eyes.

  • @Mew said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2170612#Comment_2170612

    its still possible to walk over it, but i think you need to be a 115 speed killer for it (i couldnt do it with spirit but i did it with wraith)

    You still can with survivor too.

    I have done it multiple times. Then again, that was on PTB, I don't know if they changed anything in Live servers from PTB.

  • @ChunWooHan said:

    Hello everyone, today I come to discuss the new map update, the truth is very nice and the whole new map ... but technically speaking it is horrible to play as survivor, they reduced the number of pallets incredibly, there are around 8 to 11 pallets depending on the variation of the map, in the old maps there were at least 12 to 15 pallets per game ... now it is impossible, especially when you play alone and the randoms spend the pallets at the beginning of the game, if we play against a bubba it just automatically gets a free 12 hooks... we add the nerf to the harvester tech and the new dead zones without pallets, the infinity and nerfed structures ... just horrible ... what do you think about it? even the map macmillan dont received anything similar ... now coldwind farm is full killer sided in my opinion... (talking in solo queue cuz you can win rushing with a premade of 4... for sure... but its not fun in my opinion... im not here only to repair gens...).

    pd: the objects are now so big... that is why there is alot of dead zones...

    pd2: the nerf of the cow tree is just amazing how they killed that loop too.

    pd3: harvester tech is working but is so hard doing it now in console at the least... survivors console players rip harvester tech.

    Dead zones are pretty bad and should be fixed, i agree. But the map definitely needed a nerf. You could have killer shack next to a cow tree next to one of those loops with the pallet and the see-through cart thing and it was dumb.


    Main buildings we also extremely OP on that map for survivors.

  • Damn near every change they make to this game makes it worse for survivors, especially solo survivors. It's kinda shocking. Hats off to the devs.

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    Damn near every change they make to this game makes it worse for survivors, especially solo survivors. It's kinda shocking. Hats off to the devs.

    It's almost like the game started off incredibly Survivor-sided and needed to nerf them.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2171659#Comment_2171659

    It's almost like the game started off incredibly Survivor-sided and needed to nerf them.

    It's kinda like killers have it extremely easy when they start playing the game and then have an absolute meltdown when it takes actual skill to get a 4k.

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2171668#Comment_2171668

    It's kinda like killers have it extremely easy when they start playing the game and then have an absolute meltdown when it takes actual skill to get a 4k.

    Guess that's why they nerfed mori's, Iri Head, Nurse, Billy and Freddy.

1 2 ›