My Problem With Object Of Obsession

Im going to preface this with, last time i made a post on a perk i disliked yall went crazy. Stay chill. If you have a problem with what i say then address it dont just "????????????" (You know who you are if you see this) that being said, I Dislike the new object of obsession. It gives the survivors wayyyy too much information. Object of obsession as it is can easily be used to figure out killer perks without trying. You step near a totem and OOO pops off? Boom you know the killer has undying. Fast vault and OOO pops off? Boom you know the killer has im all ears. Not to mention you get information on the killers wherabouts when you the character would have no way to do so. With other perks that shows the killers aura there is a way you couldve located them. With kindred its reasonable that a teammate could tell you where the killer is. With the perk that shows the killer when he breaks something you can hear that. OOO gives so much ingormation its not even funny. The survivors are supposed to suffer a lack of information. Thats why undetecrable is a thing and why they cant see the killer in the lobby. Idk how i would change the perk but i dont like how it is. (Remember feel free to dissagree but donxt act like im an idiot just because you dissagree with me. Seroiusly im already tired of that crap)

Comments

  • I like the new object. It's more fair and it comes at a risk. It's also countered by undetectable killers and perks.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    The killer sees you.

    You see the killer.

    THE KILLER SEES YOU. That's the risk you take. You may get info on the killer, but you may get tunneled.

    The killer would see you anyways just more often. I as a killer dont need perks to show me your aura. Them showing me where they are dosent mean much if i have my back turned. The killer has no notifier that he is being looked at. (And stastically theres only around a 33% chance you see the object user. Assuming you are on the edge of the map and even less if mid map.) Idk i just feel theres too much information there. If it told the killer that the survivors saw their aura it would be better. What if i put a trap down right when they can see me? I could avoid that better if it told me i was being seen. But i do agree there is still risk for the survivor

  • As someone who plays 50/50, I HATED old OOO with a passion. It was a free "call out everything I'm doing perk" for SWF groups, and in some instances (like going to Midwich with it), it was essentially a free pass to never get run down, unless the survivor running it wasn't very good.

    I played against the new OOO last night for the first time (in multiple matches, as it turns out), and I never felt that way during the match. In fact, I think the info I got on the survivor running it worked far more to my advantage as it did theirs.

    The info you're talking about, a good survivor will be able to figure out anyway. The Undying one is irrelevant -- ANY survivor knows Undying is in play when they run by a dull totem, OOO or not. Killer is running BBQ? Any experienced survivor should be assuming that anyway, or if they're not, they'll be able to figure it out pretty quickly without the OOO help. Other aura-reading perks like Nurse's will be the same. I'm All Ears? It doesn't really matter if they know you're running the perk, as the strength for the killer comes in getting the info on a survivor's moments after the vault -- and if a survivor doesn't want to fast vault in the middle of a chase to avoid triggering it, that will end up coming back to bite them. I was playing All-Seeing Wraith -- which should have tipped off the survivor, according to your argument -- but that add-on is so powerful, it didn't matter. The info I was getting from the add-on FAR outweighed their knowing I had it.

    Given the choice between going against this version of OOO and the old one, this one is far more balanced. My two cents.

  • I mean people were complaining about the old OoO how you could see the killer all the time, now they made it fair for solo users. Personally I think it was an overrated perk, that was horrible for solo users. Especially if you were the last person alive.

  • The new Object is risk reward. The passive effect it gives while your the obsession can backfire big time. It did that to me when I played against a Billy and I was the last survivor that wasn’t downed. I needed to stealth and get a save but the risk from Object didn’t pay off. I am in love with risk reward perks like that.

  • @ChiSoxFan11 said:

    As someone who plays 50/50, I HATED old OOO with a passion. It was a free "call out everything I'm doing perk" for SWF groups, and in some instances (like going to Midwich with it), it was essentially a free pass to never get run down, unless the survivor running it wasn't very good.

    I played against the new OOO last night for the first time (in multiple matches, as it turns out), and I never felt that way during the match. In fact, I think the info I got on the survivor running it worked far more to my advantage as it did theirs.

    The info you're talking about, a good survivor will be able to figure out anyway. The Undying one is irrelevant -- ANY survivor knows Undying is in play when they run by a dull totem, OOO or not. Killer is running BBQ? Any experienced survivor should be assuming that anyway, or if they're not, they'll be able to figure it out pretty quickly without the OOO help. Other aura-reading perks like Nurse's will be the same. I'm All Ears? It doesn't really matter if they know you're running the perk, as the strength for the killer comes in getting the info on a survivor's moments after the vault -- and if a survivor doesn't want to fast vault in the middle of a chase to avoid triggering it, that will end up coming back to bite them. I was playing All-Seeing Wraith -- which should have tipped off the survivor, according to your argument -- but that add-on is so powerful, it didn't matter. The info I was getting from the add-on FAR outweighed their knowing I had it.

    Given the choice between going against this version of OOO and the old one, this one is far more balanced. My two cents.

    Yeah i 100%agree its not NEARLY as bad as old OOO i just dont like survivors having that much info (also how can survivors tell theres undying by just moving near the totem without OOO?)

  • @GannTM said:

    The new Object is risk reward. The passive effect it gives while your the obsession can backfire big time. It did that to me when I played against a Billy and I was the last survivor that wasn’t downed. I needed to stealth and get a save but the risk from Object didn’t pay off. I am in love with risk reward perks like that.

    But that passive is only of ur obsession. Theres a lot less risk and a lot more reward if you arent obsession. (Unless i have the is obsession and general effect flipped i may need to re-read)

  • @PabloLovesMC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2169046#Comment_2169046

    But that passive is only of ur obsession. Theres a lot less risk and a lot more reward if you arent obsession. (Unless i have the is obsession and general effect flipped i may need to re-read)

    The full potential from the perk comes when you are the obsession. Other than that, it heavily relies on the killer having aura reading perks.

  • @PabloLovesMC said:

    Im going to preface this with, last time i made a post on a perk i disliked yall went crazy. Stay chill. If you have a problem with what i say then address it dont just "????????????" (You know who you are if you see this) that being said, I Dislike the new object of obsession. It gives the survivors wayyyy too much information. Object of obsession as it is can easily be used to figure out killer perks without trying. You step near a totem and OOO pops off? Boom you know the killer has undying. Fast vault and OOO pops off? Boom you know the killer has im all ears. Not to mention you get information on the killers wherabouts when you the character would have no way to do so. With other perks that shows the killers aura there is a way you couldve located them. With kindred its reasonable that a teammate could tell you where the killer is. With the perk that shows the killer when he breaks something you can hear that. OOO gives so much ingormation its not even funny. The survivors are supposed to suffer a lack of information. Thats why undetecrable is a thing and why they cant see the killer in the lobby. Idk how i would change the perk but i dont like how it is. (Remember feel free to dissagree but donxt act like im an idiot just because you dissagree with me. Seroiusly im already tired of that crap)

    Take a look at the title of your thread. You are correct; that is YOUR problem, not ours. :)

  • New OoO is fine. As the obsession your aura will always be revealed every 30 seconds with no control besides hiding in a locker. So there's a risk you give the killer your location when it's hurtful to you.

    If you are not the obsession, then the perk does absolutely nothing unless the killer has an aura reading perk/addon.

    There's actually a good risk to new OoO that old OoO lacked since you could control when your aura was being revealed..

    Of course, OoO does counter perks like I'm All Ears as the survivor sees your aura preventing any mind games. But as a killer you can always choose to not run aura reading perks that get hard countered by OoO. Which is a lot more counterplay than old OoO where the only real counterplay was bringing in blindness which is a rather weak status effect outside of blocking OoO.

  • Do you even know how Undying works? It always notifies the survivors.

    The valued information trade off is that it works both ways, so if the killer would otherwise not know where you are, now they can see you (Alert, Buckle Up, Dark Sense, etc.).

  • @thefallenloser said:

    Do you even know how Undying works? It always notifies the survivors.

    The valued information trade off is that it works both ways, so if the killer would otherwise not know where you are, now they can see you (Alert, Buckle Up, Dark Sense, etc.).

    I was not aware that undying notified the survivors. As i dont see that in the perk description and i play mostly killer. Thank you for bringing that to my attention (also watch the attitude. "Do YoU eVeN kNoW hOw UnDyInG WoRks" its not neccesary bruv)

  • I like the new OoO. While it does gives survivors more information its also a risk they take. But its weaker against stealth killers.

  • "Too much info by way of working out killer perks."

    You could do this via Distortion already. Distortion is arguably better because you learn what aura perks the killer has while remaining hidden from them. OoO doesn't have this, it makes you a target.

    "You know where the killer is."

    Only when the killer knows where you are.

    "That's why undetectable is a thing."

    And it still is a thing. If you're undetectable, the survivor can't see your aura. It completely breaks OoO. You get to see the survivor, survivor can't see you, and they don't know what aura reading perks you have anymore.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/248041/my-problem-with-object-of-obsession

    Take a look at the title of your thread. You are correct; that is YOUR problem, not ours. :)

    You are very right. As stated it is MY problem with object of obsession. What is your problem is how you take atitude into a forums post and offer no insight or anything related to the conversation.

  • ????????????

  • @Aneurysm said:

    ????????????

    I knew someone was going to do it the question was when :P

  • @PabloLovesMC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2169174#Comment_2169174

    I knew someone was going to do it the question was when :P

    I couldn't resist

  • @PabloLovesMC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2169087#Comment_2169087

    I was not aware that undying notified the survivors. As i dont see that in the perk description and i play mostly killer. Thank you for bringing that to my attention (also watch the attitude. "Do YoU eVeN kNoW hOw UnDyInG WoRks" its not neccesary bruv)

    I didn't have an attitude, and was just asking so I could better understand what your point is with that was, but since you said I had one, now I do.

    Learn how perks work before complaining about them.

  • You are well within your rights to not like perks that exist in the game. I've got a few perks myself that I strongly dislike but most people are OK with.

    That said, I'll take new OoO over old OoO any day. Yeah they'll pretty quickly figure out what aura perks I'm running (if any) and that can suck. However, the fact that their perk can 100% stab them in the back kind of makes up for it. I was a little apprehensive of the extra repair/heal speed on it... but it has such low numbers and is active for such a short time that it isn't a huge deal.

    I've also had a recent game against a New OoO user. At one point the Steve rushed the hook to get inside BBQ's minimum range, but unfortunately for him OoO's passive went off so I knew he did that and was close. I seem to recall he ended up running face first into me and he was next up on the hook.

  • @FFirebrandd said:

    You are well within your rights to not like perks that exist in the game. I've got a few perks myself that I strongly dislike but most people are OK with.

    That said, I'll take new OoO over old OoO any day. Yeah they'll pretty quickly figure out what aura perks I'm running (if any) and that can suck. However, the fact that their perk can 100% stab them in the back kind of makes up for it. I was a little apprehensive of the extra repair/heal speed on it... but it has such low numbers and is active for such a short time that it isn't a huge deal.

    I've also had a recent game against a New OoO user. At one point the Steve rushed the hook to get inside BBQ's minimum range, but unfortunately for him OoO's passive went off so I knew he did that and was close. I seem to recall he ended up running face first into me and he was next up on the hook.

    I had a similar info (I'm pretty sure) in one of my matches while playing Starstruck on Doctor. Hooked a survivor, and saw the aura of the OOO user getting into a locker relatively close to me right as I was charging up my static blast. I'm pretty sure that was an unintentional look in my direction on their part, but it ended up pretty satisfying for me, lol.

  • Undying (or any other Hexes) trigger a pop-up in the UI. You see this the second you go near a dull totem. Just open your eyes.

    For everything else: You see the killer and they see you. It's only 3s base every 30s and it's NOT controllable. You want to hide and no locker is there (especially if you are the last)? You will get found.

    At least now you can't just stalk after a trapper/Hag and disable their traps....

  • @FFirebrandd said:

    You are well within your rights to not like perks that exist in the game. I've got a few perks myself that I strongly dislike but most people are OK with.

    That said, I'll take new OoO over old OoO any day. Yeah they'll pretty quickly figure out what aura perks I'm running (if any) and that can suck. However, the fact that their perk can 100% stab them in the back kind of makes up for it. I was a little apprehensive of the extra repair/heal speed on it... but it has such low numbers and is active for such a short time that it isn't a huge deal.

    I've also had a recent game against a New OoO user. At one point the Steve rushed the hook to get inside BBQ's minimum range, but unfortunately for him OoO's passive went off so I knew he did that and was close. I seem to recall he ended up running face first into me and he was next up on the hook.

    The first game I played trying out new OoO was against a Black Incense Plague. There are certainly situations where the buff can be active almost 100% of the time.

    I also tried out MoM and OoO since if you get MoM activated and then heal up after taking an endurance hit, you'll always see the killer from 16m away. But it requires so much effort to setup that it's not really worth it.