We need map reworks balance-wise immediately after the graphic reworks are done
Take a look at this match I played right here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMSyE7gxc8g&ab_channel=YordsTell me how this is fair. It is true that the Bubba in this video (a live streamer who was actually chill and not upset afterwards) was not playing as well as he could have been, but even if he had he still would have struggled. Just look at the insane tiles that are set up throughout the map.
The sad thing is that this isn't even the worst set up I have seen on coal tower, it only gets worse and can happen on most maps.
Comments
I admit that the jungle gym + killer shack and the jungle gym + LT wall into coal tower is quite nasty but the Bubba 100% threw the game by constantly chasing in those dumb setups.
The other side of the map looked much more manageable.
But i definetely agree,the map reworks didn't adress as much as i was hoping for regarding balance and some maps got even worse due to the rework.
unfortunately yes
It's funny because even some of the more "balanced" realms in the game like macmillian and autohaven can be absolutely awful. Suffocation pit and gas heaven are in both realms and are some of the worst killer maps in the game.
But yea I agree major balance tweaks need to be made to make maps more fun and more balanced for both sides.
Still would take this map layout any day over what coldwind farm used to be back in the day with double pallets.
In fairness you look like a hellaciously good survivor. Good christ. People like you haunt my nightmares.
New coldwind keeps giving me shack window into long wall gym window...
True, but after watching from his POV it seemed pretty hopeless for him, he struggled with the others too. This is another example of why a proper MMR system needs to be in place.
I didn't see anything crazy rng-wise.
Nothing but deadzones in the center of the map, a few T-L walls, killer shack, a jungle gym next to shack and some pallets that good Bubbas will mow through in seconds.
The killer in question had obviously no idea how to use Bubba's chainsaw (at all) so really this is what the match should look like until they learn to use the power correctly.
Look at 3:30 and tell me that they should have gotten a kill or even won the match.
Also the killer's build was straight up terrible for Bubba.
Like I said, the bubba could have played better for sure, but I think that even if he was good and had better perks that he would have still struggled. However the shack window and the short wall jungle gym right next to each other was still very crippling on top of the pallets. It does get worse, but I still think that it was too strong against average killers such as Wraith, bubba, or demo.
Not a rework, I'd say, but dynamic map generation.
So that every killer can play up their strengths while survivors get better means for individual counterplay.
E.g. Killers with low mobility/pressure would get smaller and more condensed maps, with more hiding spots for survivors
You have to keep in mind that games are not (supposed to be) balanced around 4ks.
If survivors are high level loopers (like you) then the killer is supposed to sweat for around 2 kills even if they're decent with said killer.
Personally I would rather play this map with this exact rng as Bubba than let's say Shelter Woods with deadzone-rng granting me a free 4k for existing.
What's the point of playing killer when there's no proper loops and no decision-making throughout the match?
I have watched the game and honestly, that guy played horrible. I was even surprised to see that he was Rank 2, but maybe he is quite amazing with other Killers and does not really know how to play Bubba or M1-Killers, so I dont really want to throw ######### at them.
However, the game cannot get more balanced than Coal Tower IMO. If you lose as Killer on Coal Tower, that is most likely on you. Same if you lose as Survivor, this is on you. Coal Tower is basically the pinnacle of balance, it is a small Map without crazy connected Tiles or without really problematic Deadzones.
And if we really balance around the fact that players like this Bubba should get Kills when playing like that, we can have the Killer start the match with a 2K at this point. Like, not every potato needs to win every game as Killer.
Sometimes you just don’t play that well, and the opposition plays better than you, and they deserve to win.
I know people like to go on about this game like there’s no skill involved in anything and every match is pure random chance or a pre-determined outcome every time, but it isn’t. There’s a reason that really good killers win a lot, and that really good survivors escape a lot. They’re better than 90% of the player base so they perform better consistently.
Well okay I guess, I just don't like admitting that people are straight up bad at something.
He didn't really make much of an effort to throw the survivor off, did a couple of lunges that he shouldn't have, held off on some attacks, too, and he got unlucky with pallet latency. (There were two stuns that definitely would've gotten me hit)
It's also weird that there was a lack of gens in that entire half of the map, as the rest of the team was able to do all the gens they needed without being pressured by this up-and-down-the-map looping. Normally when I'm stringing cells together, I run into someone on a gen, at least.