Anyone Else Tired Of Killers Being Jokes?
Seriously. I log into a match, and it's like I'm the caretaker at a haunted house.
Don't worry, little Survivors; I may scare you, but rules (Devs and bad balance ideas) state I can't actually hurt you.
Honestly, a good start would be, if someone spams crouch past the exit gates, the Entity blocks the exit for 5 seconds. Either stay on the map or run. Don't be a little #########.
Oh wait, one of the Devs pitched in with his view on nerfed Killers; 'Play Survivor or play another game. Civ is fun'
Hey, your own dev said it. Guess I won't tell people to buy your game, if you can't be bothered to balance it.
Comments
I never said your complaints didn't have validity. But the game you want, isn't this. It's never going to be. Thus my recommendation to go find something else.
I've said this in multiple posts now... but at any given point 80% of player base is playing survivor. Make killers too powerful and survivors stop playing. Thats why killers get adjustments much slower than survivors do. Right now, and probably forever, high level killer players vs high level survivor players ARE going to be at a disadvantage BUT MOST PLAYERS are not high level. Which means at the mid-ranks where most players play, of which 80% are going to be survivors, they are seeing much more even matches and not taking issue with the game. You are likely not BHV's target audience.
I hold out hope the Devs will realize this game would be better for EVERYONE if the Survivors had a sense of terror and being threatened instead of listening to them complain for Nerfs every time they get hooked once.
Failing that, I guess I have to grit my teeth and hope someone else makes a better asymmetrical horror game someday.
I wouldn't call them jokes anymore, we're not infiniting anymore.
I'm still new at DBD, but will always be someone that hovers around the green ranks here. The main reason being that I refuse to Rank up to purple and red ranks. I did Overwatch from launch until three weeks ago, and played Competitively over there. I'm in my mid-40s and realized that I came to hate playing the game. I am too damned old to be worrying about rank and the associated toxicity in a video game.
So, I jumped to DBD to play casually.
That said, and while I have zero intent to leave DBD, I do plan to check out Hide Or Die when it launches.
You should really equip Empathy more often, because it seems like you aren't understanding what the issue with bullying in this game is.
If you play Killer, you are in constant stress, running against time by playing against four people. During the entire match you can't rest and always stay concentrated, so you can adjust strategy and decide your tactics for a positive outcome. As a survivor on the other hand you have always moments of rest or certainty. Teammate can make up for your mistakes. And even midchase there are moments, when you are completely safe, taking any stress out of you.
That's the nature of the a 1vs.4 scenario. It's always the disadvantage. The killer is required more mental stability by default than a survivor does.
It also is very vulnerable to turn things into a spiral of mistakes and frustration from the killers side. You had a bad time during the first chase, First two Gens pop. You are under time pressure. Now you get nervous. Maybe abandon the chase and go for another survivor. Or make large mistakes by trying to outplay a survivor who always perfectly knows how to be killer aware and run. Or accidently forget somebody has DH etc.
No matter what it is, you are put into a more stressed position and more likely to make mistake, in a game were making mistakes is very punishable for you.
Believe me I saw quite a few Killers losing it midchase, when they didn't take the stress well.
And if you say well that are just bad killers and what has this to do with teabagging and BM in general, well ... That's exactly what makes so attractive towards people who like bullying. Because they get rewarded for it. It's more likely to make them nervous/angry, because they are already more stressed than you are. And that causes more mistakes, which give Bullies more wiggle room to disrespect etc. And that is the most frustrating thing about this game.
I lol'd.
Another tip to know if it's a SWF group:
1 person sees the hex totem, and 3 others beeline to it.
Hexes are a joke with SWF added to the game. Please remove this unbalanced, garbage game mode and IGNORE when survivors whine. Please.
I mean, I only stream this game, all my matches are viewable, lmfao. I've never once said I'm good at this game which is hilarious because people constantly ask me to record matches for them, maybe they need tips on how to be a better killer?
Your formatting is awful, learn to create a decent reply, thank you.
I got to rank one, on stream, if you want to watch my games you can kindly go over there. I make mistakes, I don't claim I'm good but it is not a challenge to reach rank one at all, and I'm certainly not about to make special training videos for you.
Good 'ol Marth Defence, the 3000+ hour survivor team that either used all the same perks or none at all, shocking how survivors can just somehow be better than a killer. If you look at these matches from the killer side, it was probably one bad match out of a dozen good ones, obviously if you follow a 4-man SWF 12000+ hour team around you're bound to see a lot of wins.
I take a paragraph of your comments, like this one, where all context is present, there is nothing "out of context" about my replies.
"I wont argue anymore, but let me put 6 more paragraphs into this reply".
*Average chase time of a not very good killer 60 - 120 seconds
Also, if you're chasing someone... there aren't 4 gens done in 80 seconds, I don't know how you think this game works despite all your moaning but survivors can't do gens when they're in the middle of the map with a killer on them.
"Survivors doing gens is bad they should walk around the map aimlessly before they start doing gens" again, blaming survivors for doing their objective, gg buddy.
D Strike - Getting Nerfed
Freddy - Getting Buffed
Pallets - Had a change in this patch meaning they spawn further apart
Camping & Tunneling - You can't prevent these, literally nothing you do will stop this, is a killer WANTS to tunnel and camp they'll do it regardless.
I'd rather just not add you in the first place.
I wouldn't certainly "loose" the argument while you would lose it. I don't really get what you're trying to say here. I literally break down every part of your comment and reply to it, you just start typing aimlessly for a couple of minutes with no order or thought to what you're typing.
I reply to every paragraph, gg.
Oh look, talking of "out of context" If you can quote me where I said "One survivor self caring is 48 seconds" I'll donate you £200. Because it never happened. I merely used someone elses example (If two self caring their combined time would be 32 seconds) as he implied self caring speed was 16 seconds or something, so I used his example but with the correct numbers. (Hint, my numbers were actually also incorrect, where in the thread the person who pointed this out to me I replied "I am in fact incorrect about the numbers"). But yes, lets pretend I said self caring was 48 seconds. It'll actually be 32 seconds very soon, a whole half minute from gens but you want to whine.
This is the second time you said you'd stop responding.
This is the third time you said you'd stop responding.
Oh look, you're still responding.
AHAHAHAHAH "Aggressive" manner.
"Yes officer, he pressed CTRL on the other side of the country AGGRESSIVELY, arrest him please" Bullying is illegal, tbagging is now an arrestable offensive if you do it.
>
Or maybe they aren't scared because it's a video game and after 50 hours no one cares and just plays.
Yawn, back to Marth, do your own experiments kid. His data means nothing.
I know the game currently isn't where you want it to be but don't accept that. Players who killer main need to keep asking for buffs or else you won't get them. They have improved killers in the last several patches and include quality of life changes faster animations and such. Look at how crazy things got with the exhaustion nerf. They fire bombed reviews acting like children and they can say it was a lobby bug, but it took longer to find lobbies as a killer during that time. If they bring hard changes in a short time they may alienate a large portion of the player base who have never and will never play killer. Those players don't get what is like playing against multiple DS, body blocking long loops, some ahole following you around with a flashlight and such. If players. If they nerfed DS and added to the healing time in this one patch we would have had 20 threads shouting this is the end of DBD.
Damn dude switch to decaf......
What you don't get is what gate-twerking REPRESENTS.
It shows how flawed the game is; the survivors have no fear because the Killers are castrated and not a threat. So they crouch-spam and dance at the gate, thinking 'That was easy. Ha ha!'
Rather than 'Damn! I had better leave before the Killer ######### KILLS ME' which is what they SHOULD be thinking.
just my opinion here , but the devs don't care about what killers want . they already said back in #90 around the 31 min mark that if you don't like the frustration and anger that come from trying to play a killer to play survivor or even go play civ its fun … this is why we have the same problems for years and they don't balance around important things .
This game is based off of a 4v1 population so as long as the 4 is happy who cares what the 1 thinks . if the one doesn't like it they say play survivor why is tht because they have things in place to replace killer mains that stop . FTP weekends and new killer every3 months . it brings in a whole new flock of killers to replace the one who have changed sides or quit .
The only real way to get them to care is if their steam reviews start going negative . they already are employing streamers to hype the game in another market for them (its in its early stages , but they already announced it) . so as long as you have negative things to say and voice them here the general public doesn't hear them and thus they don't care . You know how many times ive read reviews where they were complaining about balance but still recommend the game ?
Ugh. Had a match today where the survivors somehow ran OVER set traps without triggering them.
I watched it happen twice CLEARLY (from less than 10 feet away, uninterrupted), and twice more I chased a survivor through a bottleneck where a pallet was (but broken or untipped) and they stepped squarely on the bear trap, but a wall let me only see the trap, not the survivor. Again, the pallet was NOT tipped at any time to make the survivor do his Pallet-port.
Who knows how many times it happened where I could not see. Survivor literally placed a foot square on the trap..nothing.
But of course, if I'm within 50 feet of a pallet being overturned, even if I'm NOT CLOSE ENOUGH TO HIT IT WITH MY WEAPON. I still get ######### stunned. Because killeres have hitboxes the size of a Chevy Buick while survivors get sprint burst, hitbox removal skills, and hitboxes the size of a gnat's dick.
DBD balance in a nutshell: Play Survivor, or play something else.
I wonder how much longer the game will last, with stupid comments and ideas like that.
Christ, Hide Or Die can't come fast enough to steal this imbalanced failure's playerbase. Maybe then the Devs will actually wake up and fix their game.
And nevermind insta-stun firecrackers.
I actually had a match where I HAD to facecamp because all 4 survivors were flashlight-sunning me and infinite-looping garbage areas on the map.
2 of them had that insta-escape perk on top of 2 flashlights and a firecracker.
3 had self-heal
1 had a medkit.
They were clearly a SWF group geared to ######### on the Killer as much as humanly possible.
AND THEY HAD THE FREAKING BALLS TO FREAKING PISS AT ME WHEN I WHAT I HAD TO TOO WIN!
I was the bad guy for camping each survivor I hooked while these munge-lickers were trying to camp me and stun me and troll me with BS perks and items.
They fixed ONE generator because they were trolling me. And these jerks tried to friend me and then verbally abused me in the end-game chat because I did not LET THEM treat me like a joke!?
THESE are the half of the playerbase the Devs listen too?!
The tbagging is not the upsetting part. The upsetting part is that the game is broken and the survivors know they will stay OP because the devs will never dare turn away their rather huge cash cow of casuals.
Tbagging is the way they flaunt this fact into their opponent's face.
and no, you're looking way too into it, survivors are not "OP" at all, maybe at one time with insta flashlights, bnps and loops, but flashlights are gone, bnps are useless and theyre constantly adjusting pallets and maps to make them easier for killers to navigate. Survivors aren't OP, you're just not as good as you think you are.
Yes, this game is for casuals, it always has been. If you want something competitive go play league or overwatch.
'This game is casual' is a lousy excuse for lazy, one-sided balance to appease the larger half of the playerbase and completely screw over every single Killer player.
The Devs need to grow some balls and fix the game instead of sit around scared of the screechers that want to keep Survivors as cake-walks.
It's completely subjective, while you seem to struggle with anything that isn't holding your hand everyone else is doing just fine. Just because you think you're getting screwed over, or you don't like things doesn't mean everyone else is bothered by it.
I have 2300 hours, I play both sides and almost nothing annoys me in this game because when I'm playing killer and I mess up that's on me, not the survivors, If I die as a survivor then I was probably being too altruistic and that's fineeee. You don't have to 4K every match and you don't have to escape every match.
I don't have to 4k but when I can log in and get, in order:
Pallet looped for 30 seconds until I FINALLY get close, then they drop the pallet and run to the NEXT pallet loop. Usually using 'I remove my hitbox, lol' perk.
Flashlight stunned while picking up a survivor because my camera is locked in 'please ######### my eyes' mode.
Firecracker-stunned because some moron thought 'firecrackers! lol! AND THEY WORK ON KILLERS!'
FINALLY pick up a survivor with no survivors around..and they have '######### you, I get away free' perk.
Right back to running in a pallet loop until I get close enough for a lunge, only to be pallet-#########.
And what's happening while ONE survivor can keep the Killer busy for 1-3 minutes?
Generators are being done.
A Killers winning strat is LOSE SLOWER. Hope the Survivors screw up!
Because the FOUR
Let me repeat that THE FOUR GOD DAMNED SURVIVORS have EVERY safety net. because the players would screech like deranged parrots if even ONE perk was taken away.
If a Survivor messes up: It's fine. Their perks, items, and teammates can save them.
If a Killer messes up: Welp. Hope you like maybe hooking one survivor once. Maybe. Your ONE screwup cost you 2-3 gennys.
And, again, like I said above: When the survivors were ACTIVELY TROLLING ME. I was verbally abused for 'face camping' because, if I let even ONE Survivor go, I was getting NOTHING. They had every perk and item to ensure I had a ######### game.
So don't give me this BS about it being subjective. The Survivors have the safety net of numbers, cooperation, hits & healing, and then perks and items on top of that.
And the Devs STILL make the game easier for Survivors because they want them to use the microtransaction shop.
They'd rather the Killers have a ######### game, because there's more Survivors, than make a balanced game.
Good god trying to read your rambling is going to be very hard.
So, hit box remove perk? Ok, dead hard is one of the easiest bate-able perks ever, an if they use it in a chase to reach a pallet they wont be using it again in the chase.
Flashlights are very easily avoidable and very bate-able, stand onto of the survivor, flashlight runs over, smack them, they probably wont come back, also flashlight blinds are being changed so it wont be a bright light
Who the hell complains about firecrackers? I've seen them in less than 20 matches in 2300 hours of playing, you're just complaining to complain now.
I don't like Dstrike, it's getting changed. That being said not everyone runs it, I barely see it as a killer anymore and if its THAT much of an issue run enduring
Getting one survivor slows the game down because others get off for the rescue, if your chases ar elasting 3 minutes and you don't have an end game plan you should either learn to chase better or move onto a different game
Again, subjective - it's very easy to 2/3K
Oh noooo, 4 survivors, that's so hard to beat. Why are you talking about perks being taken away? People often run no perk perk builds or builds with lesser perks, usually every DLC day there are people running around with one perk on trying the new survivor
What? Yea, that's the point of the game, run a build you like, use the perks and get saved by your team mates, lmfao.
2-3 gennys isn't the end of the game, this is another point killers make, gens being done, until they're out of the game the match isn't over so top whining about doing poorly and get those survivors.
I'd love to know what actively trolling means, if you're getting upset about tbagging and flashlights you need to move away from this game and try something else for a while.
It's definitely subjective, once you start playing better you'll realise.
Devs have been buffing killers and nerfing survivors for the past couple of months, but sure lets ignore all that to push your narrative of that game being too hard.
Game is fine as killer lol, you just choose to get upset by every perk and item in the game, firecracker? lmfao
I'm going to have to assume you don't play Overwatch. I did. From launch day until three weeks ago. It was basically all I played, except for dabbling a little bit on the side with Heroes of the Storm and Paladins.
Using "Overwatch" and "Competitive" in the same sentence is a joke. Competitive has been busted for almost six or seven seasons now, and Blizzard has done zip to address it. It is filled with leavers, trolls, and smurfs. Even at the high ranks, you barely get voice comm coordination, and people are playing whatever they want, to hell with team comp.
You want a casual game that people tried to claim was a competitive game? Overwatch tops the list, right behind DBD.
Yea i don't play it to be honest, there are still plethoras of actual competitive games they could play.
With moris, bnps, DS, noed this game was clearly never meant to be competitive.
Oh, I agreed with what you meant. I just had to chime in on the Overwatch part, was all.
Oh yea i understood that I just didn't wanna say "yeh i don't play it lul"
I have to agree with you, too. Look, I might be brand new to Dead by Daylight, but I've played Competitive modes before. Despite what I said about current Overwatch, up until about Season 5 (they are on Season 12 right now), the Competitive mode did work. It had issues, but it wasn't horrible. I also did ranked in Heroes of the Storm.
That said, I'm in my mid-40s. I can't mentally do Competitive anymore. I was always a laid-back gamer, never cared about the best gear in MMOs, or the leaderboard in raids, et cetera. I just wanted to unwind from the day with a video game.
Overwatch changed that, and I will never go back to a competitive game mode again. When or if I ever fire-up Overwatch again, it will be purely for Arcade modes and Quick Play.
I researched Dead by Daylight for a good 8 months before buying it and the DLCs. Streamers, YouTube guides, these forums, reddit, and the Dev streams (yeah, I saw the infamous "play Civ" one, too). Dead by Daylight always struck me as a casual game. I see nothing about its design that actually points to a competitive or eSport game, despite them having only a "Ranked" mode. As far as any "competitive" concept goes, sorry to a lot of people, but the ranked system here is a joke by comparison.
And that was why I decided to buy it. It's a casually designed game.
And the developers want to make it an E-sport..
Yeah, I saw that so-called tournament. Well, the developers can want to make it an eSport with all their might. I want to be a billionaire. I'd say I have a better chance at success doing that than they do making Dead by Daylight an eSport.
I get 4ks at R1 most of the time. By the game's scoring system I am clearly better. But I also know that the difference is greater than the game makes it out to be simply because survivors have skill compensating perks where killers do not.
When you play as killer and you messed up then you would think that your skill didn't stack up well against the survivor's skill. In reality, their skill is boosted artificially by their perks and OP mechanics. It's like a duel where you get a wooden sword instead of a metal one. You can still win, but it's an unfair setup.
So killers don't have any of the following perks that rewards them for playing skillfully.
STBFL
PWYF
Whispers (if you can't find them with skill call 1-800-4ENTITY )
I could go on but to say there's not help or perks that give skilled players more choices etc is nonsense.
STBFL is viable
PWYF hasn´t been good since the devs butchered Myers perks. It gives more disadvantages than advantages
Whispers is... well there are way better detection perks. Since it only gives you a really rough estimation where a survivor could be.
PWYF is really good with Spirit Fury right now, especially on Myers.
Whispers if you're paying attention you just move back and forth and you pretty much home in on the person hiding.
Are you deliberately confusing perks that reward skillful play with perks that compensate for lack of skill?
STBFL rewards killers who keep track of their obsession and dish out hits on the other survivors only, whenever they get the chance during a chase.
PWYF rewards killers who keep track of their obsession and, in a multiple survivors chased scenario, can trigger the perk by temporarily switching targets.
Whispers is not a very good perk but it does reward spacial awareness and mental triangulation.
DS rewards survivors who have failed at hiding AND failed at chasing.
Self Care rewards survivors who have failed at hiding AND failed at chasing but were let go after 1 hit because the killer had to switch targets or shift his attention towards the gens.
Sprint Burst rewards survivors who failed to notice the killer closing in on them.
Adrenaline rewards survivors who have failed at hiding AND failed at chasing AND were helped by survivors who failed at hook rescues (circumstantial)
No, it´s not. The speed bonus you gain stands in no correlation to the time you waste gaining the stacks.
It´s like needing to get chased by the killer, to get the Prove Thyself speed bonus. Several times, and the bonus is only temporary.
Now who's deliberately confusing things as well as posting absolute nonsense.
DS rewards you for hitting that skillcheck and if the killer runs into you at the start or sees your the obsession they'll tunnel you. You want more looping then congrats everyone will loop non stop from now on because hey that's the only way to lose the killer.
Self Care rewards you for taking hits near the hook (hint there's an achievement for doing it), it rewards you for LOSING THE KILLER you know that thing you said a caught survivor is bad at. Don't go making excuses now as for why the killer lost that survivor since it isn't just to swap targets or do gens.
That survivor gets to use SC because they lost the killer, it doesn't reward failing at hiding or did you mysteriously forget someone sandbagging or dragging killer while running to other person? I mean it's not like there isn't a Doctor that shocks you out of hiding,
It's not like there's killers that're good at stealth and for sneaking up on people, it's not like Whispers doesn't help or gasp a Scratched Mirror Myers with 32m aura range. It's almost like amanda with her addon for seeing people and MYers with the Mirror completely ignore hdiing.
Sprint Burst rewards survivors for taking risks and staying on that gen till the last moment, it also rewards risky moves if done right. But hey lets ignore those pesky facts because they don't fit your narrative.
Adrenaline rewards survivors who take a chance that that perk will actually be there at the end of the game since if they get hooked and or sac'd 1st it was a wasted perk slot. Yet again more pesky facts that don't fit your narrative.
Both sides have good and bad perks that do different things and oh here's another perk that is risky asf but oftentimes screws you over but hey it won't ft your narrative.
NO MITHER.
THen you're using it wrong since killers that know how to use it best seem to do just fine with it. It's no different than any other perk on either side, use it to it's fullest with other perks and items, or addons with /killer/survivors and you do well.
If you don't use any of those combos to their fullest you don't do as well.
Constantly have to find and lose the obsession, only to get a small temporary speedboost that goes away when I hit someone.
Killer has to find, chase, and lose the obsession twice for a minor bonus that is gone after 2 hits. Then rinse and repeat.
Totally worthless.
Oh my, a skill check. If you never get caught DS is worthless. And it takes skill to not get caught. It takes merely equipping the perk to get a safety net.
Against good killers you will get to use SC if the killer lets you. I dare you to get away and use SC against me. You won't.
Explain to me what risk is involved in staying longer on the gen and using sprint burst since you are guaranteed to make up the lost distance gap EVERY TIME. Where is the risk?
Adrenaline rewards loopers aka players who are not skilled enough to avoid the killer.
If No Mither is the perk that allows survivors to show off actual skill then why is it not used 96% of the time, as SC is? Can we go ahead and say that 96% of the survivors are simply bad? Yes, yes we can.