Reasons why Lady Dimitrescu is going to be the New Killer

Introduction

So Resident Evil Village is coming out in a few days and a new character is going to be featured in it. So I think Dead by Daylight will go with a newer character that can fit into the game well. Other than Nemesis who doesn't even fit in the game at all.

Reasons why

So I have been doing some research and here is what I found

  •  For at least seventy years between the 1950s and 2020s, she was tied to a series of violent homicides.

That sounds like basic killer material, right?

  • Dimitrescu was a follower of a Satanic witch-cult which practiced vampirism and human sacrifice, possibly for sustenance

Human sacrifice? Hmm... sounds familiar. This would mean Dimitrescu would want to be a part of the entity's realm other than fight it. Once again, sounds like killer material to me.

  • According to the RE wiki "Dimitrescu's origins are presently a mystery, in particular the questions of her age, and whether she was born with a Progenitor disease or contracted it later."
  • Among Dimitrescu's traits post-infection is the ability to elongate her fingernails into razor-sharp claws.

Just these two things make Dimitrescu perfect killer material for this game.

Just look how good she can fit in the game, she looks similar to plague in the height and body.

image.png


Comments

  • @TheArbiter said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/BG4TUMOGRODQ/dead-by-daylight-resident-evil-chapter-leaksbydaylight-dbd-lady-dimitrescu-capcom-behaviour-interactive-resident-evil-village-mr-x-nemesis-killer.jpg

    I dunno I saw this image online, and the the 5 looks exactly like the Daughter's weapon. We know based off of last year that the number is a big hint to who the killer will be. I really hope this isn't true though as the Daughter is definitely not an iconic character of Resident Evil yet.

    It's kinda close to the font of Resident Evil 3

    Resident_Evil_3_Cover.jpg


  • Chances are she will come into the game as a legendary skin, not a dlc killer.

  • After seeing her in Village..

    Vampire Mommy is not coming in DBD 😔

  • Lady Dimitrescu's so overrated, I'd rather have Lord Heisenberg as the new killer if it really has to be a RE8 one tbh.

    That guy is easily the best RE8 character.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165768#Comment_2165768

    Do they change height of licensed characters? There is a difference between not giving a Killer an explosive firearm and shrinking a Killer by two feet.

    That would be a weird ass license to sign off on not gonna lie, cause technically is it even using the same likeness anymore? I can just imagine some weird legal mumbo jumbo where proportions matter.

  • Thats actually one hell of a find....I didn't notice that at all #########!

  • You're just horny lol

  • Please no modern RE characters. RE died after Code Veronica more or less. Just take characters from the great RE games.

  • No way.

    Adding a character from a new game (Who isnt even very prevelant in her own game) over one of the classic characters would be the worst possible decision, and I doubt Capcom and BHVR are stupid enough to do it. Especially since this crossover is happening for Resident Evil's 25th aniversarry. Putting a brand new and ultimately pretty irrelevant character in over a classic is no way to celebrate RE's big 25.

    This would be like if they made the Silent Hill chapter focused around Silent Hill Downpour instead of the original 3 Silent Hill games.

  • Nemmy or riot

  • @PigMainBigBrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2171803#Comment_2171803

    Thats actually one hell of a find....I didn't notice that at all #########!

    I saw someone on Twitter point it out. That plus peanits "use Nemesis on Nemesis" has me thinking Nemesis 😂

  • @Orion said:

    Just for the record, Lady Dimitrescu is far too tall to be in the game. Plague is not anywhere near her height (dunno why people keep saying that). She's 290 cm tall. Plague is probably my height (about 2 meters). Lady Dimitrescu wouldn't fit in the shack or through most doorways. She'd hit the ceiling in some areas of indoor maps.

    I believe the taller killers are near 7 feet tall. I think around 6’10? 2 meters is a wee bit short for tall killers like Plague.

  • @DBD78 said:

    Please no modern RE characters. RE died after Code Veronica more or less. Just take characters from the great RE games.

    "RE died after Code Veronica more or less."

    My guy so have you just never heard of RE4, RE5, The RE1 and RE2 remakes, and RE7? What world are you living in where Resident Evil died after Code Veronica? All of the aforementioned games are great (with the exception of RE5, but that one still sold really well).

  • Without spoiling anything, RE8 further confirms how neither Lady D or her daughters would make sense for dbd unless they ignore the lore and gameplay of both.

    (If people want to talk more about specifics for each maybe we should go to the off topic section)

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    Without spoiling anything, RE8 further confirms how neither Lady D or her daughters would make sense for dbd unless they ignore the lore and gameplay of both.

    (If people want to talk more about specifics for each maybe we should go to the off topic section)

    The game so far just confirmed that both fit in game

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2171979#Comment_2171979

    "RE died after Code Veronica more or less."

    My guy so have you just never heard of RE4, RE5, The RE1 and RE2 remakes, and RE7? What world are you living in where Resident Evil died after Code Veronica? All of the aforementioned games are great (with the exception of RE5, but that one still sold really well).

    Re have been dead since 4, 5 and 6 were just a dissapontment and made money out of old tittles

    7 and 8 have been,by far,the best addictions

  • @N0IDEA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2172150#Comment_2172150

    The game so far just confirmed that both fit in game

    After you finish the castle portion you'll see

  • Because just like Nemesis and Lady D. they're all 'stalker' type enemies. They move slow, and are oppressive when they're in melee range.


    I think her daughters would translate into a much better killer for DBD.

  • @Sup3rCatTree said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165739#Comment_2165739

    The Devs don't have to keep her super tall, just like if they add nemesis they aren't going to give him a rocket launcher

    giving someone a rocket launcher is different than adding 5 feet to their height

  • @Sup3rCatTree said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2165758#Comment_2165758

    Nemesis and Mr.X are around the same height as her. I don't know why people aren't saying that

    small gus.jpg

    you guys are seriously underestimating her height.

  • I don't want Lady D or her daughters in DbD simply because they're not as iconic as Nemesis or Mr. X.


    However to say that they don't fit because of the lore? This is one of the most overused excuses people say on these forums. If BHVR wanted to add some killer they could make it work.

  • @TheArbiter said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/BG4TUMOGRODQ/dead-by-daylight-resident-evil-chapter-leaksbydaylight-dbd-lady-dimitrescu-capcom-behaviour-interactive-resident-evil-village-mr-x-nemesis-killer.jpg

    I dunno I saw this image online, and the the 5 looks exactly like the Daughter's weapon. We know based off of last year that the number is a big hint to who the killer will be. I really hope this isn't true though as the Daughter is definitely not an iconic character of Resident Evil yet.

    I think they are giving us misdirection because now we all think that the five has to be related looking back on last year. Personally, I hope it is stock zombie 3. Think of all the skins they could make

  • @DrStone said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2184141#Comment_2184141

    I don't want Lady D or her daughters in DbD simply because they're not as iconic as Nemesis or Mr. X.

    However to say that they don't fit because of the lore? This is one of the most overused excuses people say on these forums. If BHVR wanted to add some killer they could make it work.

    BHVR has said mtiple times on the past that they wouldn't want to change a character so much that they contradict their lore (such as if Chucky came make him the same height as most killers or make a maskless Michael)

    *Spoilers for RE8*

    Lady D is way too tall for DBD and would have the same issue as if they made chucky normal height that changes fundamental parts of her character. Her only actual fight she is a dragon so that doesn't work. When she is stalking you she has one lunge attack and no other abilities.

    The daughters can't be outside below 50 degrees which makes maps like Ormond contradict their lore. The only ability they have is identical to Spirit and no one wants another Spirit.

    I don't think Capcom would allow them to add alternative abilities to them since that's all they do in RE8.


    Obviously all od this could technically be explained away that the entity does what the entity wants but that would still be a cop out answer.

    I think most characters can fit give regardless of Lore but these both have pretty fundamental aspects that make adding them very challenging while RE has many other characters that would require minimal to no changes to fit

  • I don't see her to fit in the game at all.

  • @Sup3rCatTree said:

    Introduction

    So Resident Evil Village is coming out in a few days and a new character is going to be featured in it. So I think Dead by Daylight will go with a newer character that can fit into the game well. Other than Nemesis who doesn't even fit in the game at all.

    Reasons why

    So I have been doing some research and here is what I found

    •  For at least seventy years between the 1950s and 2020s, she was tied to a series of violent homicides.

    That sounds like basic killer material, right?

    • Dimitrescu was a follower of a Satanic witch-cult which practiced vampirism and human sacrifice, possibly for sustenance

    Human sacrifice? Hmm... sounds familiar. This would mean Dimitrescu would want to be a part of the entity's realm other than fight it. Once again, sounds like killer material to me.

    • According to the RE wiki "Dimitrescu's origins are presently a mystery, in particular the questions of her age, and whether she was born with a Progenitor disease or contracted it later."
    • Among Dimitrescu's traits post-infection is the ability to elongate her fingernails into razor-sharp claws.

    Just these two things make Dimitrescu perfect killer material for this game.

    Just look how good she can fit in the game, she looks similar to plague in the height and body.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/OQ2DW9NXRTC0/image.png

    Lady D is way too tall (Girly is 9'6 I don't think she is fitting over vaults or doorways)

    Lady D is a newer game, BHVR has been working on this chapter for a while now, due to how long it takes to make character models, power(s), perks, lore, probably maps, it'll be way more than a few months in development, I assume this has been in development far before the first gameplay demo of RE8, I'd assume they would go for more iconic characters (Tyrant, Birkin, and Nemesis), in fact the zombies in the background were never visible could even suggest our Nemesis is from RE3R as he was able to give the zombies an alpha upgrade (The ones that grapple your head and try to plant itself on your head) so we don't even know if it'll be tyrant or Birkin, but we do know it'll be iconic, not fresh

  • I"m the third part of the game,going to kill Boreau

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/247692/reasons-why-lady-dimitrescu-is-going-to-be-the-new-killer

    Lady D is way too tall (Girly is 9'6 I don't think she is fitting over vaults or doorways)

    Lady D is a newer game, BHVR has been working on this chapter for a while now, due to how long it takes to make character models, power(s), perks, lore, probably maps, it'll be way more than a few months in development, I assume this has been in development far before the first gameplay demo of RE8, I'd assume they would go for more iconic characters (Tyrant, Birkin, and Nemesis), in fact the zombies in the background were never visible could even suggest our Nemesis is from RE3R as he was able to give the zombies an alpha upgrade (The ones that grapple your head and try to plant itself on your head) so we don't even know if it'll be tyrant or Birkin, but we do know it'll be iconic, not fresh

    Again, I have no idea why "Bhvr have been working ont his a while" have abything to do with the next killer,considering how Re 8 have FOR SURE more develpment time than the intire DBD Itself

  • Again:

    Her height aside. What exactly would the powers of Nemesis or X BE?

    sure, one of them we see turn civilians into zombies, but that's not going to work as power. Not even as mori.

  • @N0IDEA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2184141#Comment_2184141

    I"m the third part of the game,going to kill Boreau

    In that case you should see they don't work.

    Spoilers


    Lady D note her daughters function in ways that make them viable. Lady d is huge and doesn't have any abilities before transformation other than claw swipe.

    The daughters have the same ability as spirit and can't be outside below 50 degrees.

    There are additional issues but that should be enough by themselves

  • @N0IDEA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2184274#Comment_2184274

    Again, I have no idea why "Bhvr have been working ont his a while" have abything to do with the next killer,considering how Re 8 have FOR SURE more develpment time than the intire DBD Itself

    You think Resident Evil 8 was being worked on for more than a year before Resident Evil 7 was released?

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2184754#Comment_2184754

    You think Resident Evil 8 was being worked on for more than a year before Resident Evil 7 was released?

    Planned,for sure

    But the development very probled started as asson as Re 7 came out, no doubt about it. Is how Triple A companys do the thing.

    Jot saying programming is easy and stuff but BHVR have some really simple updates (not saying its trash,is currently my personal favorite game)

  • @N0IDEA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2184274#Comment_2184274

    Again, I have no idea why "Bhvr have been working ont his a while" have abything to do with the next killer,considering how Re 8 have FOR SURE more develpment time than the intire DBD Itself

    What? I highly doubt Resident Evil 8 has been in development longer than DbD has existed. RE7 came out in 2017. Less than four years ago. RE8 development likely started around that time. Not before DbD came out officially.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2184754#Comment_2184754

    What? I highly doubt Resident Evil 8 has been in development longer than DbD has existed. RE7 came out in 2017. Less than four years ago. RE8 development likely started around that time. Not before DbD came out officially.

    I never said it

    Dbd is from 2016 and Re 8's prequel is from 2017,so...

  • @N0IDEA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2184770#Comment_2184770

    Planned,for sure

    But the development very probled started as asson as Re 7 came out, no doubt about it. Is how Triple A companys do the thing.

    Jot saying programming is easy and stuff but BHVR have some really simple updates (not saying its trash,is currently my personal favorite game)

    You just said that you believed that RE8 had more development time than the entirety of Dead By Daylight, which was released in 2016 vs Resident Evil 7's 2017 release.

  • @N0IDEA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2184274#Comment_2184274

    Again, I have no idea why "Bhvr have been working ont his a while" have abything to do with the next killer,considering how Re 8 have FOR SURE more develpment time than the intire DBD Itself

    Because A. the power has to be related towards the character in some sort of way, They revealed that a Resident Evil chapter was being made around the time the demos for the RE8 game released, meaning DBD has no way of giving her a power that would fit her as they had absolutely no clue on what she could do

    B. If I am correct, why would they put a character with short segments of being around into dbd (Pyramid Head was in movies and 2 differnet games, while she was in 1 game)

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2184779#Comment_2184779

    You just said that you believed that RE8 had more development time than the entirety of Dead By Daylight, which was released in 2016 vs Resident Evil 7's 2017 release.

    I said Re 8 development take more time than DBD if it were being made to the zero, but I never said Re 8 WAS in development SINCE Dbd released


    Considering hiw Re 8 is,like, a triple A game

  • I'm personally not interested in Boobs Magee. She's attractive I guess, sure, but other than that I don't really care about her because I haven't played the new game. I don't want DBD to gamble on a new, untested character that might wind up being completely hated by the fans after the dust from RE8's release settles. There's no reason (other than cross-promotional hype) that the developers couldn't put in a beloved killer / survivor team. Tyrant and Jill. Boom. X and Leon. Boom. I could go on. But the brand new flash in the pan hot chick, just because she's the brand new flash in the pan hot chick?

    Meh.

  • In RE 8, she didn't even have that much screentime, and I'd argue Heisenburg was a much more interesting and likable character. I just do not see Lady Dimitrescu getting added, and it wouldn't be taken nicely by a large part of DBD or RE's fanbase. They are most likely going to play it safe and use Nemesis or Mr. X for the killer, as much as I'd like Jack Baker I dont see it happening, no matter what evidence people have, you can't beat the fact they are a business and a iconic killer would be loved much more and give them much more attention.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2171979#Comment_2171979

    "RE died after Code Veronica more or less."

    My guy so have you just never heard of RE4, RE5, The RE1 and RE2 remakes, and RE7? What world are you living in where Resident Evil died after Code Veronica? All of the aforementioned games are great (with the exception of RE5, but that one still sold really well).

    To be fair the remakes are basically the same content as the originals, just much better. I don't want to speak for the guy but I think he's saying that the content of the series died after CV.

    That said, I don't personally agree. I thought that RE7 was a supremely solid 9 out of 10. Do something about that tanker section and you've got a masterpiece game.

  • @N0IDEA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2184790#Comment_2184790

    I said Re 8 development take more time than DBD if it were being made to the zero, but I never said Re 8 WAS in development SINCE Dbd released

    Considering hiw Re 8 is,like, a triple A game

    That's the same thing. But that's neither here nor there. The important fact is that BHVR has almost definitely been working on this for long enough that the idea that Lady D is a shoo-in due to fan popularity doesn't make sense.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2184795#Comment_2184795

    That's the same thing. But that's neither here nor there. The important fact is that BHVR has almost definitely been working on this for long enough that the idea that Lady D is a shoo-in due to fan popularity doesn't make sense.

    I just hope it to be either Mr.X or some Re 8 character, but Lady D is definitely not out hand

  • @N0IDEA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2184809#Comment_2184809

    I just hope it to be either Mr.X or some Re 8 character, but Lady D is definitely not out hand

    I'm not going to say that she has a 0% chance, but I certainly do not think the odds are in her favor nearly as much as some people seem to think. Her size is probably the biggest problem.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2184812#Comment_2184812

    I'm not going to say that she has a 0% chance, but I certainly do not think the odds are in her favor nearly as much as some people seem to think. Her size is probably the biggest problem.

    I'll go out on a limb and say 0% as in she just isn't going to be the killer

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2184838#Comment_2184838

    I'll go out on a limb and say 0% as in she just isn't going to be the killer

    I think there is a slim chance, but I definitely would not bet on it.

  • I feel like the minority who thinks it'll be a zombie hoarde as the killer lol

    With the exception of a few killers, most killers are one dimensional with their powers which have been usually enhanced by the entity. Many if them are still human (Trapper, Huntress, Trickster, Huntress, Myers, Hillbilly, Bubba, Ghostface, Gunslinger, Twins, etc.). Others that got enhanced are Nurse, Spirit, Hag, Wraith, Oni, etc. Freddy is probably the only one who got nerfed lore wise.

    I enjoy RE but the majority of the villains require an insane amount of weapons to combat. We are going to pit 4 survivors with flashlights and pallets to stop them? The only ones that make sense to me are zombies. They have the limitations since they are human based, but can be buffed by entity. I don't think Capcom would allow their main villains to essentially be neutered as it'll show them as more of a joke where Ethan needs a dedicated arsenal to take down Lady D, but Dwight is over here smacking her around with flashlights and pallets.

    I am hoping for zombie hoarde as villain and 2 classic RE survivors.

  • @Patrick1088 said:

    I feel like the minority who thinks it'll be a zombie hoarde as the killer lol

    With the exception of a few killers, most killers are one dimensional with their powers which have been usually enhanced by the entity. Many if them are still human (Trapper, Huntress, Trickster, Huntress, Myers, Hillbilly, Bubba, Ghostface, Gunslinger, Twins, etc.). Others that got enhanced are Nurse, Spirit, Hag, Wraith, Oni, etc. Freddy is probably the only one who got nerfed lore wise.

    I enjoy RE but the majority of the villains require an insane amount of weapons to combat. We are going to pit 4 survivors with flashlights and pallets to stop them? The only ones that make sense to me are zombies. They have the limitations since they are human based, but can be buffed by entity. I don't think Capcom would allow their main villains to essentially be neutered as it'll show them as more of a joke where Ethan needs a dedicated arsenal to take down Lady D, but Dwight is over here smacking her around with flashlights and pallets.

    I am hoping for zombie hoarde as villain and 2 classic RE survivors.

    Well,Freddy was only powerful in the dream world,anyway, I dont remeber how much of a "god" (how he calls himself) he really ia,but sams. The amount of weapons we need against them is insane. Put Leo or Chris running away from killers seems fine (considering that, specially in the first Res, the combat were very hard)

    Well I've see a notable minority betting on Lickers

  • Additional pro:

    Fanciest hooks in the game

  • @N0IDEA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2185010#Comment_2185010

    Well,Freddy was only powerful in the dream world,anyway, I dont remeber how much of a "god" (how he calls himself) he really ia,but sams. The amount of weapons we need against them is insane. Put Leo or Chris running away from killers seems fine (considering that, specially in the first Res, the combat were very hard)

    Well I've see a notable minority betting on Lickers

    I said Licker too and people poo poo that idea.

    There were concerns over a 4 legged monster since it doesn't fit the model. I still think its a good idea

  • @Patrick1088 said:

    I feel like the minority who thinks it'll be a zombie hoarde as the killer lol

    With the exception of a few killers, most killers are one dimensional with their powers which have been usually enhanced by the entity. Many if them are still human (Trapper, Huntress, Trickster, Huntress, Myers, Hillbilly, Bubba, Ghostface, Gunslinger, Twins, etc.). Others that got enhanced are Nurse, Spirit, Hag, Wraith, Oni, etc. Freddy is probably the only one who got nerfed lore wise.

    I enjoy RE but the majority of the villains require an insane amount of weapons to combat. We are going to pit 4 survivors with flashlights and pallets to stop them? The only ones that make sense to me are zombies. They have the limitations since they are human based, but can be buffed by entity. I don't think Capcom would allow their main villains to essentially be neutered as it'll show them as more of a joke where Ethan needs a dedicated arsenal to take down Lady D, but Dwight is over here smacking her around with flashlights and pallets.

    I am hoping for zombie hoarde as villain and 2 classic RE survivors.

    I would love the idea if it was for an original characters, not getting any tyrants from a Re chapter would feel like a punch in the gut.

  • I personally doubt it'll be anyone from the newer games, mainly because it would be a huge loss in profit.

    People are far more likely to buy a DLC with characters they know and love than ones from a game which came out within the same month as the DLC.

    Also, she would be wayyy taller than other killers, which would make her a pain to implement, plus her only notable powers are claw nails and regeneration (mutated form is out of the question).


    I get people are on the hype train for RE8, but there is much more incentive for them to add a classic character like Nemesis/Birkin/Mr. X. If anything, Heisenberg would be a better choice for RE8 imo, since he has a more unique weapon, is regular size, and has an interesting power.

1 2 3