Anyone else not having fun anymore in solo survivor?
Almost every single game now it's the same thing...
1) Facecamp, your team tries for the save and they die for it. Game lost
2) Facecamp, so you do gens, then when you finally power the exit gates you get hit by NOED.
I see now why people only play SWF and bring in toolboxes and all the powerful perks. The game is quickly becoming junk otherwise.
That's if your team makes it that far. Normally someone disconnects right at the start so it's basically a 3 vs 1 game.
Comments
Look at the OBJECTIVE category on the end screen. It only counts for generators and chest loots. There isn’t much that survivors HAVE to do to escape besides gens and opening the exit door. You don’t HAVE to heal teammates (especially because everybody runs Self Care) nor do you HAVE to unhook. You could let everybody die and find the hatch. It’s not a necessity. Obviously survivors unhook each other, heal each other, and loot chests but they aren’t considered objectives.
You can find everything to be funny but honestly it’s not...it’s just another attempt to blame a killers bad gameplay on gen rushing when it is only thing survivors HAVE to do to escape.
In that case survivors are playing bad. Buuuut as always, they'll blame the killer.
The only thing that ruins the fun for me are killers that are so desperate for kills they got full sweaty tryhard pants mode on survivors that are obviously not going to escape. I'm talking about killers that will slug the third guy until they bleed out, with only 2 gens done, so they can 4k when they are still definitely going to 2 pip. Like, does it hurt your ego THAT MUCH to let 1 guy escape? I give hatch away often and still double pip. Sure I'll slug the third guy for a bit to find the last guy, but if it's been a minute and no sign of him coming to save I'll just take the kill, let him hatch, and move on. Too many killers want to drag out the game because they have such low self esteem they can never let anyone escape, even if it means sitting at the hatch for an hour. It's not fun when a killer wastes time like that. The worst are 3 gen Doc's, they will hold the game for 30 minutes at 3 gens rather than commit to a chase and let the game come to an end so we can all get our pips (yes all of us, killer included kills or not at this point doesn't matter), BP, and just move on.
And before anyone says "well just let the killer kill you"... No. If it's a 2 gen hatch game, the killer already pipped and thus already WON the game. If I die I likely won't pip, if I escape I do. Killer is dragging out the game for almost no reason whereas I'm trying to secure a win the only way I realistically can. Trust me if it's a game where I know I pipped regardless I do sometimes let the killer just kill me, but that is rarely the case in such games.
I mean if they want to slug and 4k I'm not that fussed. It's when only 3 spawn in or 1 prrson disconnects 20 seconds into the game and then they still slug. The survivors have had a hard enough game already and you're really that desperate for a 4k? How sad. How utterly sad.
Or those who spend 20 mins looking for the last 2 survivors and then decide to slug dragging the game out another 20 mins. Like if you caught them quickly im not as fussed but slugging when its already taken you ages just to find 1 survivor? What a waste of time.
You can tell these people are crappy killers because they get all sweaty at the chance of a 4k. You can tell they don't get that chance very often. Many of them camp so its easy to see why.
Always seems to be Spirit players. That's because most of them struggle because they can't use her power in a chase so don't even try. Then go full tryhard when only 2/3 people load in. Really toxic people.
I think slugging is okay if it's done with the intent to just slow the game a little bit to quote Monto. As long as you don't camp the slug and take a chase on the next guy you find, either letting the slug get up or coming back to hook them after a point, it's okay. And if you are doing specifically a slug build, again Monto, that's fine too because you came into the game ready to do that. But it becomes stupid and toxic when you slug without the intention to ever let them get up or hook them. And when someone bleeds out I laugh at the killer because that's not a kill sorry. You didn't get points for it, whether it's emblems, killer cube, or bloodpoints, you get NOTHING as killer for letting someone bleed out, and therefore you cannot claim that as a kill.
And I play Spirit LOL but I'm not a F tier killer player so I actually body most groups I've come up against, without camping or tunneling and sometimes giving lot of freebies. Case and point, had a game on Shelter Woods where I came back to a hook for MYC, couldn't find the guy and found the fresh unhooked Claud so I reluctantly went for them hoping someone else would pop out so I could chase. I down them, and take my time going to pick up so they could get saved, lo and behold the MYC guy had a syringe and insta-healed the guy back up right in front of me. Instead of being the d-bag killer and trying to kill that dude, I literally just walk right past the Claud to the guy that insta-healed because I knew 100% he had MYC as I knew the other 2 were not on this side of the map. I'm sure he expected me to act like a normal killer and go for the guy he just healed, and was probably scared AF when I just casually stroll past them like my ex if I ever saw her on the street to come after them. Still easily 4k'd that game, though it was an event match so I'd expect if it were a normal game they would have at least spawned hatch. Even then probably still would have 4k'd. Spirit is really REALLY strong if you are a good killer.
I'm always amazed by players who blame the killer for trying to kill everyone. Did I miss the memo where this game is about friendship? I agree that hatch standoffs are a waste of time but saying that low self-esteem is what causes people to play the game correctly is insane.
You seem to think that the objective of this game is to get everyone in the round to gain pips but you are wrong. As a killer, the objective is to KILL YOU, the end.
Playing to kill everyone is fine, it's when you sweat so hard for the 4k that you purposely just waste everyone's time to satisfy your ego that it becomes a problem. Like I said, I will slug the third guy to look for the last guy, almost all the time, but I won't drag out the game unnecessarily because I'm so desperate to kill EVERYONE. I can take a 3k and just let the game end, because I'm going to double pip anyway. Too many killers get way too salty when a survivor escapes, especially if they took hatch. It's ridiculous. Killers need to accept that survivors do gens and escape, just like survivors need to accept that they can get hooked and die.
Also, the objective of the game is to get pips, because pips are what define a win in this game. Killing and escaping are not what define a win, they merely contribute to it. I can get 0k as killer and still pip, that's a win. I can do 0 gens and die as survivor and still pip, that's a win. Using any other metric as a win is fantasy. If you want to play to that fantasy go ahead, but don't complain about the game when it doesn't cater to your metric.
how about you don't take it personal when someone made a justification that is wrong. We all know that specific characters are played by many many people. Not many people assume that one character does this or that. It is just stereotypes like we have in society and you can't change peoples minds since it is their own opinions just like your own.
Do you play betafield or call of beauty? Where you ask the other team to not use grenades, rockets, tanks, etc. Since that would be tryharding.
You obviously are confusing playing to win with try harding. Playing to win is just that, you play your best to win but you accept defeat if/when it happens. Try harding is when you play to not lose, to the point that you just kind of delay the inevitable to avoid the blow to your ego. There is a difference. The former type of player will say GG regardless of the outcome. The latter type of player will rage quit and complain about the game when things don't go their way.
I was also a game tournament organizer for many years across many games. I've seen some absolute SWEATY TRY HARD players, but in that context it's acceptable because money is on the line. Playing online though there is no such physical reward, yet some people treat the game like there is. Like the one guy that did a hatch standoff for 4 hours. Really what is the point of that? It's just stupid. Absolute waste of time and unnecessary.
No they aren't. When you play to win you don't draw out a losing game unnecessarily to avoid seeing an L. It's the reason most sports and competitive video games have rules against stalling or doing certain things that just delay the end of game. Basketball has a shot clock so that players can't play to not lose, they can only play to win. Otherwise you would end up with games where the losing team will just stall the game for as long as possible just to deny the other team a win.
Playing to win means you are playing to end the game. Playing to not lose means you are playing to not let the game end.
Again no. Play to win means you play to end the game. Play to not lose means you play to not end the game. In one case you are demonstrating good sportsmanship. In the other, you are being spiteful. Taking the game hostage is an example of playing to not lose, but it's not the absolute case of it.
And yes, you should use anything at your disposal TO WIN. But the problem is players don't use everything at their disposal to WIN, they use it to NOT LOSE.
For example, I'm the last survivor and my only option is to take the hatch. Killer is sitting on it. If I'm playing to win I will try to lure the killer away so I can hatch (eg. doing a gen, baiting a chase, etc.). If I'm playing to not lose, I will just hide indefinitely until the killer leaves the hatch. The first case I'm actively seeking a resolution to the game, one where I win yes, but also one where I might lose. In the second case I'm actively avoiding the loss simply to deny my opponent victory. Both cases I'm using "anything at my disposal" but only in the first am I actually trying to end the game
Try to not lose means try your best to win, again you are using the wrong word.
", I will just hide indefinitely until the killer leaves the hatch" means hold the game hostage
**Dictionary could actually help:
a person held by one party in a conflict as a pledge pending the fulfillment of an agreement
Instead being a person its the game
Another example:
jim was fighting with (name) and was being held hostage until her/his demands were met! (Urban Dictionary Example)
You are actually referring to holding the game hostage in your example, prolonging the game more than it should be abusing a broken game mechanic.
Now Tryhard:
-urban dictionary
"In online video games, it is that guy who is giving it 110% all the time because winning and/or having a high kill/death ratio is more important than just having fun. Try hards are most common in games like Halo or Call of Duty and are frequently seen yelling at their teammates for dying a lot."
Wikitionary
Noun
tryhard (plural tryhards)
(derogatory) A person usually of little talent who tries hard to succeed, especially through imitation, usually to gain fame or popularity.
OxfordLivingDictionary
A person who tries very hard; (in later use usually) a person regarded as trying too hard to achieve something, especially popularity or acceptance.**
I hope now you realize holding the game hostage and tryhard are different
@Malakir That is just a single example. SMH
Another example is a killer that equips NOED and pink mori during the event that also camps/tunnels every player to death despite no gens really being done. For the entire first week, you were almost always guaranteed a 3k or 4k as killer because NO ONE did gens. Complete overkill and unnecessary.
Okay dude whatever, you wanna be right at all costs even being intellectual dishonest? OK whatever you say, you just proved me how you are doing a feels vs real argument
"I feel this is try hard" not even knowing its meaning and taking example I can take even from the opposite site as easily as you did
"Everybody use DS and boil over during the event running away from event hooks on purpose REEEEEEEEE"
Its not hard to do what you did is it?
A little something for you my unknown spectator, love your support
Riiiiight..... I was giving you an example of try harding that isn't holding the game hostage, but sure it's gish galloping. SMH
It's not so much you bring NOED and mori into the game. It's that you bring it into the game and play really sweaty even when it's clear the survivors are playing for the event and not to escape. Like if you bring it in and they still do 3 gens fast then sure mori a guy because you need to. But if they haven't touched a gen and your Ruin is still up, yet you camp and tunnel each survivor to death, then you are being a try hard. Point being that try harding can take different forms and that there is a pretty clear line between playing to win and playing to not lose.
But go ahead and reply anyway with another dismissive argument.
BTW I never said using DS/Boil Over during the event wasn't try harding either. It is if your goal is to prevent the killer from getting events hooks in a game where it's obvious that's all they are playing for. Stop assuming things people don't say. I frequently run into killers that I'm positive are just playing for the daily, and in those games I don't gen rush. I do my 1 gen for my silver LB then take my time doing totems and chests and saves for points. After they get a few hooks I work on another gen. I'm playing to win, specifically to pip but also to escape, but I'm not going full balls to the wall unless I feel it's necessary.
PS. I checked your posts because I knew I saw someone else call out someone on gish galloping and behold it was you. Is that like your word of the day or something?
Well you can do it but in both sides of someone pisses you off by preventing you to get the event people would do anything to prevent anyone to do it. Right now its dumb say that since the event will end in few hours but at least I'm happy you might finally get the difference between taking a morning etc (try hard) and urban evasion the whole map for hours or standing in the hatch in front of the killer for the same time as well as body blocking a survivor (holding the game hostage)
They aren't exactly 2 different things though. Holding the game hostage is just one way to be try hardy.
LOL because everything is black and white, and grey doesn't exist?
You are really dishonest or really stupid, still pretty hard to figure it out
If three people load into my game I won’t really try honestly. What’s the point? It’s like bullying babies at that point. I’ll hook them all but I’m not gonna camp and slug and be a sweaty try hard.
People will use the counter argument “BuT tHe KiLlErS aRe SuPpOsEd To KiLl” yet when survivors try to get the killers attention away from their teammates or use their “try-hard” perks and flashlight save their teammates or simply drop a pallet they are being toxic. Are survivors not supposed to try to survive? When people do their part whether it be surviving or killing they are considered to be a toxic player.
When three people load in and they go full sweaty try hard it’s an ego thing or either they just want the game to end quickly. If two people join into my game I’ll just D/C. There is no point. Not like I really care about my killer rank.
I met people here that changed my mind in many things, smart ones but many are also "silly" let's say
I don't agree with many things that power bats says for example but I respect the fact he put thoughts on his opinion and its a pleasure to talk with him even in animated manners
Oh I wrote that when I was salty because I kept getting tunneled as bald Dwight lol. Idc what people think about Claudettes anymore since I'm a Bald Dwight main ^^
Oh ok, didn't know context lolll
Its ok lol we all misunderstand at times.
It's because at the moment the standoff starts the killer is GUARANTEED to pip, where the survivor is not guaranteed to pip unless they escape. Now yes, after a certain point it's on both players, but the majority of fault lies with the killer since they could just have hit them at the very start to end the stalemate and still pip.
Context matters.
Also, I usually pip as survivor, once I did a gen, unhooked someone and healed him/her.
The standoff requires 2 people and both have the same fault.
That's.... not the situation I'm talking about though. I'm talking about games where killer killed the other 3 and gens are still left to be done. Go ahead, show me a clip of a killer not pipping because they let someone hatch when the other 3 are dead and exit gates aren't powered.
Again, context matters.
Obviously there are extreme exceptions to everything. For example, I can show you a screenshot of a game where I did 0 gens and died but still pipped. But, in majority of cases, if you kill >3 survivors you will pip.
Let me guess... you tombstoned/mori everyone after they gen rushed to exit gates?
Hatch shouldn't exist in my opinion. It rewards bad players.
If the team plays so underwhelming, they shouldn't be given a free escape for the last survivor. Same as the killer isn't given a free kill once 3 survivors escaped.
An escape doesn't equal a pip. I can gen rush + escape and black pip.
A kill doesn't equal a pip. As I stated earlier.
Both sides (should) have to work for their pips.
There shouldn't be a "I NEED that escape/kill to pip" moment.
I tried playing as Survivor (solo) on Hard Mode just for fun:
I was actually surprised to find out how effective I was still able to be (escaped 3 matches in a row).
If you're first on the hook it's GG.
Salty killer means will come in with their "well don't get hooked git gud" bs, but if its someone else then its unfair on them to be camped out all game.
It just ruins the game for a lot of people and there's no excuse for it.
Don't give me that bullshit about how its survivors fault for rushing the hook. These killers sit and patrol the hook while all the otger survivors are at the far ends of the map working on gens.
When I face a camper I see him looking at the guy with his sexy look, I just turn and go for gens. You know the problem? When a survivor know he is a camper, sometimes the hooked guy just suicide making his poor tactic work since now there are 3 survivors left and the cycle continues
I had one game where I had these guys, he camped, 3 people killed themselves in the first book. After 20+min of hatch stand off I survived, was killers fault? Not really, when I get camped I hold as much as I can and at high rank, more often than not, he just leave since 3gens popped
My worst enemy? Survivors, no matter what size I'm playing in
Not that I blame them. If it was the odd killer here and there it wouldn't be so bad but when it's every other game it gets old fast and people can't be bothered.
I mean look at the game you described. Killer facecamps, 3 people suicide, 20 minute hatch standoff. That in no way sounds fun lol its games like that when you question if its good for the longterm health of the game.
I am kinda used to it. Getting tunneled and camped is an everyday experience, so I can live with that. I don't like voice coms cuz I can't concentrate when I play. So when I play SWF I play without discord, ts etc. or I play standalone. Shorter waiting times also.
Using a Tombstone to mori all four survivors is not a way to prove to someone that you black pipped with a 4K. It’s well known that using a mori on all 4 survivors will not gain you a pip. Getting a 4K by sacrifice will GUARANTEE a pip and a 3K SHOULD be a pip.
Not saying that a 4K mori shouldn’t gain you a pip, but it doesn’t. You can’t use that as prove.
Last game was a doctor who broke off every chase to go after the unhooked person, and would never chase too far from the hook.
Yeah the survivors make it easier by unhooking rather than rushing gens but thats because the game is so stupid it puts too much emphasis on unhooking to pip. You can do gens and ignore unhooks and a camping killer and you actually depip because you get no evader and no benevolence. So people feel they need to unhool, which in turn helps out the ######### killers.
The developers really need to change this system. What we have right now is a broken game. Every ther game ends up being against a killer who only circles within 12m of the hook. It's ridiculous.
Sometimes I get trash killers that camp and tunnel. But the worst thing I find about solo survivor play is getting trash team mates. Once in a while I get a decent team, but most of the time my team mates are awful. They play so badly that I am perplexed how they think what they're doing is good gameplay strategy.