Why circles?
So can someone explain why Huntress's hatchets are circles and not you know what every other hit box is a square because all i get when facing her are impossible hits.
So can someone explain why Huntress's hatchets are circles and not you know what every other hit box is a square because all i get when facing her are impossible hits.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Circles are easier to work with. Not that that's an excuse for current DbD, that's just why her hatchets were circles on release.
Edit: Spheres.
They tried rectangles that fit the actually hatchet shape long, long ago. It was terrible and scrapped. You got a lot of your hatchets clipped on things and it was very clunky.
It's sad that they haven't tried discs.
In an older QnA they said her hitboxes didn’t need to be accurate because it wasn’t a very competitive game. That argument doesn’t really work with slinger and trickster being added
I mean I'm honestly pretty fine with her hatchets just how they are currently on either side. Most people even rank Huntress as one of if not their favorite killer to face even with the supposed hatchet hit boxes a lot of people dislike. The hit boxes kind of have to be larger to compensate for how bad dedicated server ping is and desync. If you made them smaller you'd essentially get the issue Plague has right now where vomit never lands even though it looks like it should have. Plagues vomit honestly needs larger hit boxes to compensate for the ping and desync issues as well.
Judging from the title I assumed this would be a thread about looping.
I'm a weirdo.
I was expecting a thread about looping aswell.
You're not alone 🤣
That makes us three.
I can dodge Huntress' hatches extremely easily. Except for the times that I can't. I've noticed that whatever shape they are, whether they actually hit seems to be random.
I guess i'm one of the few people that is honestly ok with Huntress hatchet hitboxes.
Most hits seem fine to me.The weird ones are just latency and desync related
Hell yeah.
Square hitboxes would never work for the hatchets as its a spinning object and would make the hitboxes extremely unruly.
Coin hitboxes would probably be the best but spheres are close enough to make the ranged attack work...Most of the time as phantom hit hatchets are still a thing.
No-one complains about Slinger or Tricksters hitboxes.
Their projectiles are significantly faster so it pseudo compensates for the ping desync.
I also do think a lot of people complain about DS hit boxes though. Trickster you don't notice it as much because it just lots of spamming.
I expected a thread about the shape of the killer's terror radius
I've definetely seen people complaining about Deathslinger being able to hit through walls/corners
Actually, faster projectiles would be more prone to desync issues because they spend less "connecting" with the survivors hitbox. Essentially, the window of opportunity is smaller and thus more prone to failure. Making Huntress have proper discs that simulate a spinning hatchet (including width) would mean her hitbox still has the same chance of connecting if it actually touches the survivors hitbox.
True. But not nearly as much as people complain about Huntress' beachballs or Plague's overtly broken puke.
Wat.
Depends how laggy the killer is.
Cant find the original peanits post so i post this one which has a copy of peanit's post.
Look for the handsome stickmen.
They tried making the hitboxes rectangles and then you had awkward things like hatches clipoing through survivors vaulting a window
They've tried an alternative, it didn't work well.
And spheres are nice and easy as well. Pick a central point, give it a radius, you got yourself a sphere.