Do you think licensed characters are going to get visual reworks?
Mainly referring to tapp, Laurie and Quentin here
Tapp seems likely to me since the saw license holders have been very open and even allowed BHVR to make original cosmetics for them
Laurie could happen since she literally looks nothing like Jamie lee Curtis. Not sure how things are with the Halloween license though
Quentin is unlikely due to current license disputes but I’d still love to see it
What do you think?
Comments
The devs already said yes in an interview :)
I can hope
I hope Quentin does
The Characters will look roughly the same, the Reworks are not aimed to really alter their appearance. So there should not be any problem with reworking the faces of licensed Characters, but they will not look that different from their current state. Like, Quentin will not look more or less than Kyle Gallner than he currently does.
I'd love cosmetics for Bill but I know it will never happen :(
Seems like you missed that:
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1387421438660038656Bill will be featured in the upcoming Tome and will also receive a Cosmetic.
I mean, nothings confirmed, but with the next tome being centered on him... >_>
I mean... there is always the possibility (let me hope) that the Twitter talk with Kyle Gallner was effective and they just needed to further negotiate and wanted to time the face rework with the visual update.
maybe.
please
Look at the post by @Aven_Fallen
they confirmed Bill cosmetics, I am pretty sure it’s even confirmed it’s on the free track of the rift, but not sure on that one.
quentin really needs the rework the most. he doesnt look like kyle gallner at all. laurie should just get hair physics. dbd tapp already looks like tapp from the movies so he doesnt really need a visual rework
That post wasn't there when I was writing mine.
I'm so excited! I didn't know this :)
I know, it was just an info, as you were not tagged in that post
Laurie looks nothing like her besides her clothes
Quentin looks pretty bad
Tapp’s hair looks off but otherwise he’s okay
Laurie, Quentin and Tapp intentionally don’t look like their respective actors though.
they (BHVR and/or the license holders) probably wanted to save money and negotiations with the actors.
Kyle Gallner gave his okays way after the char was added to the game and the character still belongs to the license holder.
Probably, better models will entice people to buy them also they can use the "visual rework for [insert license here]" as a marketing stunt for a month or two.
I dont think any license holder would complain about free marketing and 0 work from their side.
Quentin most definitely deserves it. Poor, selfless individual (of which I cannot remember ever playing against a toxic one!), who has been forever trapped in animated pain because of the design. I hope he gets one befitting of him.