Old Freddy Players

Okay, I'll bite.

It's safe to say he'll never return, at least not the same way as before. The only chance of anything resembling Old Freddy might show up again would be if there's a completely new killer who just so happens to have a similar power.

So, if this hypothetical were to happen, what would you change when using Old Freddy as a basis? Just for fun...

Comments

  • I’d give him a bit of chase potential. Not too much but enough to make him not just an M1 killer

  • Self care has fell out of meta so he only needed 2 really easy changes:

    Smoothen up dream transition mindgames

    Increase base power range.

    Then he's be around mid tier if not higher.

  • With enough asking, I believe Behavior may return Old Freddy's power to us through maybe something like an add-on.

    I'd just let Old Freddy use Modern Freddy's teleport, and then I'd believe he'd be a pretty good killer.

  • I think there is a chance we get our killer back. I won't lose hope.

    However, if I may share, I have an idea for an improved Freddy:

    Power: Dream Demon


    Pull survivors into the Dream World


    -Survivors who are awake do not see The Nightmare.

    -Once targeted by The Nightmare’s power, survivors enter the Dream Transition for 7 seconds.

    -During the Dream Transition Survivors can see glimpses of The Nightmare and they suffer from the Incapacitated status effect.

    -When the Dream Transition Lapse, the Survivor is pulled into the Dream World.


    Once in the Dream World:


    -Survivor’s auras are revealed to The Nightmare when they are outside of his terror radius.

    -Survivors suffer an action speed penalty of 40%.

    -To exit the Dream World, Survivors can find non-sleeping Survivors to perform a wake up action.

    -Failed Generator Skill Checks can also wake up.

    -Hooked Survivors wake up.


    Special Ability: Dream Projection


    -Teleport to a Generator in view. Releasing the button early will cancel the action.

    -Survivors cannot interact with the targeted Generator.

    -For each Survivor in the Dream World, the cool-down of using Dream Projection is reduced by stack-able 20%.

  • Old Freddy was fun. Survivors can see him only him world. So Freddy had to take survivor him to dream world. Then hunt can start. Also when survivor won chase and escape from Freddy, Freddy still can see him aura because survivor is still in Freddy's world.

    Those powers fun but not so strong. So i would add Teleport power (same as new Freddy). And make repair, heal, cleansing imposible in dream world. That would made Freddy really good. But for balance, survivors can wake up themself like mendself mechanic.

  • @GeneralV said:

    I think there is a chance we get our killer back. I won't lose hope.

    However, if I may share, I have an idea for an improved Freddy:

    Power: Dream Demon

    Pull survivors into the Dream World

    -Survivors who are awake do not see The Nightmare.

    -Once targeted by The Nightmare’s power, survivors enter the Dream Transition for 7 seconds.

    -During the Dream Transition Survivors can see glimpses of The Nightmare and they suffer from the Incapacitated status effect.

    -When the Dream Transition Lapse, the Survivor is pulled into the Dream World.

    Once in the Dream World:

    -Survivor’s auras are revealed to The Nightmare when they are outside of his terror radius.

    -Survivors suffer an action speed penalty of 40%.

    -To exit the Dream World, Survivors can find non-sleeping Survivors to perform a wake up action.

    -Failed Generator Skill Checks can also wake up.

    -Hooked Survivors wake up.

    Special Ability: Dream Projection

    -Teleport to a Generator in view. Releasing the button early will cancel the action.

    -Survivors cannot interact with the targeted Generator.

    -For each Survivor in the Dream World, the cool-down of using Dream Projection is reduced by stack-able 20%.

    Honestly stick in the Alarm Clocks too and I'd be more than happy with this change

  • I enjoyed old Freddy but I don’t think it will ever happen. The insane slowdown and wallhacks from being in the dream world would both be extremely unpopular if they brought them back, and I think they go against how they like to design things nowadays.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2148772#Comment_2148772

    Honestly stick in the Alarm Clocks too and I'd be more than happy with this change

    Oh, I am glad to see that you liked it :)

    As for the Alarm Clocks, I was in doubt whether to add them or not. But, as long as they do not keep the new "30 seconds immunity" buff, I think they could work.

  • The worst part from survivors side was the aura reading. The worst part for freddy was the dream transition and not being able to do anything with awake survivors especially during end game.

    My idea, keep teleporting. When a survivor is pulled into dream world, all sleeping survivors auras are revealed for 3 (time is up for debate) seconds.

    When the last generator is complete, survivors fall asleep and can not wake up.

    Dream pallets base kit. (They arent strong but they are super fun)

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2148775#Comment_2148775

    Oh, I am glad to see that you liked it :)

    As for the Alarm Clocks, I was in doubt whether to add them or not. But, as long as they do not keep the new "30 seconds immunity" buff, I think they could work.

    People seem to forget I mained Old Freddy cause I found him really fun, bring that back and ofc I'd love it lol

  • Old Freddy, like OLD Old freddy was alot of fun to play, and even taught me to play as an M1 killer better


    I can say for sure he only needed some buffs and QoL and he would have been a solid killer (I would say revert his nerfs he ever got and just let him move at 115% when hitting survivors with dream demon, instead of slowing him down)

    I would also like to see if they would make Pill Bottle basekit (Used to remove his dream phasing)

    And if they made Overcharge not wake survivors up he would be incredibly strong imo

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2148792#Comment_2148792

    People seem to forget I mained Old Freddy cause I found him really fun, bring that back and ofc I'd love it lol

    Ah, my friend, how can I forget? Me, you, and so many others. We are the original Dream Demons of the Fog.

    And we deserve our killer back.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2148813#Comment_2148813

    Ah, my friend, how can I forget? Me, you, and so many others. We are the original Dream Demons of the Fog.

    And we deserve our killer back.

    Saying two words that'll make all Old Freddy mains have nostalgia


    Class Photo

  • His power matched the character better from a thematic standpoint, but I think people are looking through some rose tinted glasses here.

    Old Freddy would be ridiculously unhealthy for the game given the current killer meta. Dream world slowdown to that degree on top of current Ruin+Thanat would be absurdly unfun.

    I think people are also forgetting how frustrating old Freddy could be to play as. You put someone to sleep and they finish a gen into Adrenaline during the transition. Or you start the transition and they fail a skill check. Or you start the transition and they run to a strong window and then you're just a powerless M1 killer in the chase. List goes on.

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2148866#Comment_2148866

    Saying two words that'll make all Old Freddy mains have nostalgia

    Class Photo

    What have you done??? Nolstagia is going to hit me like a truck ;-;

    That was my all-time favourite add-on.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2148871#Comment_2148871

    What have you done??? Nolstagia is going to hit me like a truck ;-;

    That was my all-time favourite add-on.

    tbh I miss all of freddy's old add-ons

  • Pill Bottle, Paint Thinner, Nancy's Masterpiece, and so many others. I miss them as well.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2148947#Comment_2148947

    Pill Bottle, Paint Thinner, Nancy's Masterpiece, and so many others. I miss them as well.

    Pill bottle I miss the most, that was alot of fun

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2148866#Comment_2148866

    Saying two words that'll make all Old Freddy mains have nostalgia

    Class Photo

    Ngl I absolutely hated using Class Photo lmao

  • You should have seen me with Paintbrush

  • I used to main Old Freddy because I liked the movies (and still main New Freddy for the same reason) but I didn't like his power too much. Wall hacks and insane slowdown was annoying to survivors and the dream transition and skillcheck fails having to repeat that dream transition was annoying to Freddy players. The New Freddy is more fun to play in my opinion, feels more like a dream demon, and doesn't slow down gameplay much for either side (and at least his add on changes will confirm that too and make him a bit less overwhelmingly oppressive to face against). Hopefully he will be more fun for survivors to face as well in the coming update.

  • Same, my friend. Those free hits were sweet.

  • Scratched Mirror Myers had nothing on Red Paintbrush Freddy.

    With M&A and Blue Dress you could generally juggle all 4 Survivors at a time, jumping from jumpscare to jumpscare. And thanks to Freddy's basekit 50% reduced action speed you actually had time to play spooky.

    It was easily one of my favorite add-ons, and not just on Freddy. It turned the game into an actual horror game.

  • Ah, Old Freddy threads are one of the most wholesome kind of thread. Like we are just chilling here, thinking about better times when we had an interesting and fun killer to play as.

    What happened to us was so unfair that it isn't even funny.

  • I miss the old Freddy, straight from the 'go Freddy.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    No. I never played old freddy. But I feel like I'm in minority in I hate old freddy. "New freddy" isn't perfect. But the idea of "pulling survivors in to a dream state" infuriates me to no end as a NOES fan. At no point did freddy ever pull someone in to a dream world. That is so inaccurate to any freddy lore. The "passive sleep" we have now is more accurate with micro sleep. Which is real. And if I had it my way. I'd have the entire match in dream world instead.

    How can you hate something that you've never played as?

  • The incapacitated debuff from the twins is perfect for old freddy's transition time. No more gens getting done in your face

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    The incapacitated debuff from the twins is perfect for old freddy's transition time. No more gens getting done in your face

    Yep, I thought about that as well. Now is the best time to bring him back.