Trickster Rant(He's still TERRIBLE)

Alright I have had enough of this.

I tried so, SO hard to like this killer, i really did. and all i got met with was dissapointment after disappointment, 1k's 2k's, never anything above that. Constant depips, Constant tbagging from survivors who think they're SOOOO good against trickster.

He is too slow and his power isn't lethal enough to make up for it, Its only usable in deadzones and im so sick of that. Im so sick of being so F**king slow, Im sick of getting looped to hell and back. Fine, I'll give up if im chasing for too long, but what then? I lost so much time just chasing ONE person and then i have to run to another gen to find someone else, BUT WAIT, THERES A T AND L WALL CONNECTED TO ANOTHER ONE HOORAY!!!!

I have never been this genuinely upset at a killer in ALL of my time of DBD (which was since 2019) It has literally caused me to actually almost cry because i felt absolutely miserable in the game. Is it my build? is it the map RNG? It could play a part but im so done trying to play this killer.


But something about him makes me want to play him so bad, I don't know if its the satisfaction of the knives, I don't know if its the little giggles and exaggerated Korean, I always want to play him more. I WANT to like this killer and I WANT to have fun with him


But this killer is just unacceptable, Please for the love of god buff him. I know everyone with half a brain agrees with me that he NEEDS buffs.

Maybe make him faster?

Maybe make it only 6 knives?

No decay?

Make SOMETHING out of this killer, I want him to be at least half decent, Not even that, Just not F tier. it makes me really sad to see such a well designed killer (in terms of story and actual looks, The knives, the sound effects. Everything SCREAMS hard work and i so do appreciate it. But its like the balance was just an over sight. I really want this killer to be enjoyable for both sides.)

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I 4k pretty consistently as him since it really doesn't take as much effort as people say. He's able to shred people once they start a vault or drop a pallet if he's got knives ready, my only complaint is that the recoil is still aids to control.

    If you're complaining about catching people at TL's then you're doing something wrong, sorry.

    Don't act like your the god among us tricksters. go ahead, Show me all of your 4k's with survivors who aren't incompetent. i BEG you to.


    The TL's bit was an exxageration of how bad loops can be. especially for slow killers.

  • I pretty much agree with everything you've said. I just bought this DLC and already want a refund. I didn't think he would be THIS bad but my god, getting looped for days because you dared to use your power while you're already at 110% speed? BHVR is high.

  • Even in solo queue we've dumpstered every single Trickster we've seen. He's like fighting a couple other killers for the bottom of the tier list. He still needs a lot more improvements.

  • with the new buffs hes become great, i can now play him with a good kill rate, i think his buffs made him playable

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    with the new buffs hes become great, i can now play him with a good kill rate, i think his buffs made him playable

    You went against me earlier thecircusisintown. :) 2 hooked everyone before I killed anyone on the rotten fields.

  • I have not seen many good trickster in red ranks. I seen fewer than 5 good tricksters, since his official release. Meaning no camping, no tunneling. Just got out flat clean 4ks. I think a lot of people who say they are good just go up against overconfident survivors, or anything below red ranks. Because I was getting 4k to 3k consistently in purple ranks, but as soon as I got ranked up again to red ranks I pretty much would only get 2k at best, or 1k or 0. But yeah he is weakest killer in the game at the moment. If he does not get buffed before the RE chapter is released, he most likely will that K-pop face in the roster that will collect dust, and will rarely be used after this chapter.

  • Take a break you need it. I normally play him for his sense of humor against survivors.

  • @GodLikeTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2145869#Comment_2145869

    You went against me earlier thecircusisintown. :) 2 hooked everyone before I killed anyone on the rotten fields.

    Yep you were super great at trickster fun game (this game was not on ptb so before buffs)

  • @BubbaOniBlight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/245918/trickster-rant-hes-still-terrible

    Trickster isn’t F tier anymore. He’s not the worst killer anymore. The amount of knives you can put into somebody when they’re throwing down a pallet or going through a window is incredible. I agree he should get one more slight buff in being go down to 7 knives and make the usb add on do something different so it doesn’t go down to 6. But that’s really it. He can be incredibly oppressive on most maps now. His recoil is in a fine state now and he is really strong against good survivors he’s a bottom of C tier killer. I wouldn’t mind giving him a bit more buffs but if you give him too much he will be the most annoying killer to face as a survivor because it’s already so easy to down people as him now it’s crazy. There’s no actual counter play you can’t really lose a good trickster he will down you and you can’t just keep dodging around like a huntress hatchet. I 4K pretty easily with him nowadays but I always use his USB add on and a random yellow. Idk if it’s because I’ve played since 2016 or that I’m right about him not being bad. Well actually I do know he’s not bad. Just keep playing with him play around windows instead of pallets. TL loops should be one of his best loops because of all the open space and free laceration because of window animation lock. Sorry but just gotta “git gud”

    I’m sorry. But I side with OP here I played so many games with him and I tried every build with him and I can’t he sucks hard he’s to slow when aiming his knifes can’t loop has no lethality and I can’t even down someone when there’s ######### all in the way. The only way to 4k with him is to not even use his knives just m1

  • I agree I played a game with him and I almost lost my mind I actually smashed my controller with a baseball bat after I quit. He angers me so much. My gameplay was I hit a survivor with M1 then I draw a knife out I lose so much distance and get looped and I can’t down cause I’m to slow and at the shack don’t even try you can’t do ######### at the shack right there is when I left the match and went mad. He sucks he needs buffs bad.

    (btw the controller was broken anyway I was playing with a good controller the one I broke was broken already)

  • Show us your gameplay against good survivors please.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2145850#Comment_2145850

    Im not acting like im better than anyone I just think the criticisms of him are a bit overblown.

    im being as honest as possible but Trickster makes clown and trapper look like nurse and spirit

  • No matter what you think about trickster, he IS a ranged killer who's ability is only really doing anything if you cornered a survivor or attack on melee range

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2145850#Comment_2145850

    Im not acting like im better than anyone I just think the criticisms of him are a bit overblown.

    Or you’re ignoring players that don’t use a mouse. I’ve stated he’s in an ok position on PC but he’s completely unplayable on controller.


    either way, him being ok doesn’t mean I don’t think he doesn’t need more work. I still prefer both Plague and Huntress over him in ever scenario.

  • @BubbaOniBlight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2146040#Comment_2146040

    You see that’s why you think he’s so bad because you’re just m1’ing. When it comes to knives don’t hold them the entire loop. When you’re holding the knives you’re slower than the survivors. Don’t overuse his knives. Just like every killer in the game overusing your power and not knowing to use it or not will hurt you. Watch YouTubers who are good with him play him and watch when they pull out the knives and only watch that. The big problem so many of you do is you either have knives out when you shouldn’t and you don’t have knives out when you should. It’s just something you learn by playing him a bunch. Overall you’re just playing him wrong.

    If they would make it to where you only slow down when you are attacking with knives that alone would be an improvement

  • While i agree he needs buffs if you constantly depip with him it most likely has more to do on your end. He's bad but he's not that bad. Unless your region just is hell you should be able to play against the avarage survivor just fine.

    It's impossible to get less then iri if you can reliably hit knives so you need to be doing really bad for it to be a depip.

    Try playing a bit with the dpi of your mouse. Trickster matches went a lot better for me after getting a mouse with adjustable dpi settings.

    Other then that Trickster is an almost entirely mechanics based killer. If you don't get atleast 3 healthstates with 60 knives you need to be more concervetive and precise with them. Despite having 60 knives you really can't spam them

    Don't throw knives unless you know you can hit the survivor. I see a lot of tricksters just holding m1 throwing knives at debris while looping but that slows you down massivelly. Only throw when there actually is a chance to hit them.

    The perfect buff for me would be that there is zero slowdown while aiming the knife but not throwing. That would make the hell tiles a lot more playable

  • In solo queue the only Tricksters I've lost too are one running some combo of every instadown perk and a slowdown. A killer shouldn't need every exposed perk and add-on to be viable.

  • Has the self proclaimed trickster main, i gotta disagree with alot of the things you've said. Has of today, my trickster is p3, level 50 with almost all perks. I have played him alot since he came out and i have to say that since his buff he is stronger. He is not a strong killer by any means, but he isn't has bad has people say he is. You mentioned that you don't get more than 2ks and honestly that's what the devs want. They want 2 kills and 2 escape per matches. He is one of my favorite killer, if you would like some help i'd gladly lend you some, just ask! Spy™#8025 <---my discord btw, if you want to talk.