What is your most despised killer perk

For me it’s Tinkerer + Ruin. That on Freddy or Blight is extremely annoying to face, what about you???

Comments

  • Rancor. The killer can be the worst on earth and still get a kill just because he hit you once.

  • Make your choice. Not super strong, but just annoying to have to hide because you had the audacity to unhook someone while the killer was away from the hook.

    Infectious fright on one hit down killers.

  • NOED simply because I play solo and my teammates don't want to leave the gates to cleanse it or grab me. Had a game last night where I kept the Doctor busy for 2 gens, got sacrificed and camped. Could've been a win for everybody if my teammates cleansed it but they left. Lovely.

  • @1_800_MIAMI said:

    NOED simply because I play solo and my teammates don't want to leave the gates to cleanse it or grab me. Had a game last night where I kept the Doctor busy for 2 gens, got sacrificed and camped. Could've been a win for everybody if my teammates cleansed it but they left. Lovely.

    Yeah I had a game the other day with the same situation basically.

    Ran pyramid head for 3 gens, got hooked. Two teammates had one hook and the other had 0. My team left immediately despite killer not having noed. Frustrating stuff

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2142155#Comment_2142155

    Yeah I had a game the other day with the same situation basically.

    Ran pyramid head for 3 gens, got hooked. Two teammates had one hook and the other had 0. My team left immediately despite killer not having noed. Frustrating stuff

    That's rough. It sucks when you keep the killer busy and your teammates reward you by leaving and not considering that if executed properly you could have all left. Did the killer camp you? Cause if not it would have been an easier getaway and your team just sucked altruism-wise.


    I find that those in higher ranks aren't that altruistic so I've come to expect little to nothing from them, so I don't know why last night had me grinding my teeth. This game used to promote altruism but with Yun Jin's perks and Trickster's perk Starstruck, they're more into encouraging solo play. Don't blame them.

  • @1_800_MIAMI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2142167#Comment_2142167

    That's rough. It sucks when you keep the killer busy and your teammates reward you by leaving and not considering that if executed properly you could have all left. Did the killer camp you? Cause if not it would have been an easier getaway and your team just sucked altruism-wise.

    I find that those in higher ranks aren't that altruistic so I've come to expect little to nothing from them, so I don't know why last night had me grinding my teeth. This game used to promote altruism but with Yun Jin's perks and Trickster's perk Starstruck, they're more into encouraging solo play. Don't blame them.

    The killer didn't camp me partially due to not having a chance to lol. My team left immediately as I got hooked and he left me to c go to the gates on the other side of the map, all of them fully healed.

    Yeah I generally expect very little from teammates but this still surprised me that they made no effort to try when there was very little risk lol.

    I wish the game rewarded you more for how your team overall does in order to encourage more cooperation instead of "man I hope my team dies so I can finally get hatch"

  • Corrupt Intervention.

    its just really annoying.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    Whatever the Wraith has. They went and buffed a character to the point of essential perfection. He's invisible, insanely fast, and silent. All he needs to do is rush up on you from an angle you may not be happening to look in and boom, he's uncloaked and hit you. From there it's pretty much just prolonging the inevitable loss.

    This is demonstrated by the (anecdotal) fact that I'm now against the Wraith four or five times more than I was before the latest patch, and I usually don't even know it until I or another teammate has been knocked down. It's a pain in the ass. What counterplay is there to someone who just suddenly appears right next to you and can hit you before you have time to get out of their reach?

    You gotta pay extra attention vs wraith and if you’re not running spinechill be sure to have an out in mind. He’s going to get a free hit on you pretty consistently but he’s quite weak at anything above the smallest of loops and you can just run him around while your team does gens. If he’s smart he’ll leave you alone after the free hit and will look for a weaker target who’s out in the open or by a small loop/unsafe pallet.

  • This content has been removed.
  • Make Your Choice - It encourages unfun gameplay for both sides.

  • Furtive Chase. Damn I hate when the killer gets a slightly reduced terror radious while in chase 😡

  • @Jane_Is_Mega_Thicc said:

    For me it’s Tinkerer + Ruin. That on Freddy or Blight is extremely annoying to face, what about you???

    @SunderMun said:

    NOED, Crowd Control, Starstruck.

    The first two punish survivors for...surviving/playing well...and Starstruck literally punishes people running off meta builds that don't even work the majority of the time anyway...and is broken on a killer like Nurse.

    Self-care is a pretty ridiculous killer perk, too. ;)

    I'd also add that in the reverse, I hate Dead Hard for the same reason I hate NOED and Crowd Control; it erases mistakes and removes a need for outplay the majority of the time, especially if the survivor is laggy.

    @SammiieK1991 said:

    BBQ, Iron Grasp and Iron Maiden.

    Then again all easy to counter.

    BBQ -hide in a locker

    Iron Maiden - don't hide in lockers

    Iron Grasp - don't get caught or better still don't try and struggle it's pointless. 😂

    @FrenziedRoach said:

    Tinkerer on a high mobility killer like Billy or Blight. When combined with pop or ruin, it makes trying to finish a gen absolutely oppressive.

    @Mister_xD said:

    there are a couple things i hate in combination with certain other Perks or Killers.

    i dislike Spirit Fury + Enduring, Tinkerer + Ruin / PGTW + any high mobility Killer, Stridor + Spirit, ...

    but i think the one Perk that i genuenly dislike on any Killer has to be Bamboozle.

    for me thats just the "i cant loop so i just eliminate this structure immediately" Perk.

    @Poochkips said:

    Honestly. Sadly NoED. It's the only perk that really is a hindrance. Especially when playing solo. In a game all about getting the hell out as fast as you can before the killer can kill everyone, side objectives can really be bad. Time it takes to hunt for totems and still spend the 15 - 20 seconds cleansing them as well - usually can take 2 - 5 minutes of hunting totems if you're going out of your way to try and find the last one. And that time could be spent trying to escape. When i play killer, doesn't matter who I have it on, I refuse to use the perk myself because i just feel it creates those toxic scenarios where survivors will then just flat out be toxic in endgame chat.

    @Exerlin said:

    Ruin. Horrible to play with (normally gets broken super early) and horrible to play against (sometimes no one can find it and the killer also has ruin so you die). Not really looking for it to get a change, I just personally hate the perk and other hex perks

    @Brokenbones said:

    Infectious Fright on certain killers

    At least I can get rid of NOED.

    @Phasmamain said:

    Bamboozle

    @GeneralV said:

    Infectious Fright. It is not broken. It is not OP. But I hate it.

    @SilentPill said:

    NOED, free easy downs for the killer and if it’s solo Q you just camped to death after getting hit by it.

    you can rename this topic into "the best perk combination for killers" or "tthe strongers killer`s perks in game" or the best perks for new palyers.

    literaly each the top tier perk is mentioned, even corrup intervetioni guess only save the best for the last was missed.

    gues noed is must have perk for all killers in game if it frustrates almost each survivior i imagine how many tough games were carried by this perk or how it destroeyd swf after they made all the gens

  • NOED. Don't know why people use it in high ranks.

  • Monstrous shrine, beast of prey, insidious and other bottom tier perks I don't use that are severely outdated. I'm tired of them popping up in my blood webs.

    As for tinkerer I love using it. Sure it helps people to leave chases and get to a gen but I like if for chases and jump scares. I love when I'm chasing someone lets say with trickster or legion after I have frenzied and a tinkerer gen procs while I'm in chase that survivor is going down. Most of the time the gen will be one far side of map so better to use for the down. Great for later in game though. played against a PH with it yesterday and he came out of no where with it and I damn near fell off my couch. When you in a party talking with friends sometimes you zone out on a gen in a convo and he did a good job coming out of sight and I despise spine chill so didn't have it.

  • Infectious “play the game for me” Fright or NOED.

    Thankfully NOED usually only kills one person and that skilled killers tend to not run it. Dear god if skilled players started using NOED no one would ever escape.

  • @El_Gingero said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2140844#Comment_2140844

    You gotta pay extra attention vs wraith and if you’re not running spinechill be sure to have an out in mind. He’s going to get a free hit on you pretty consistently but he’s quite weak at anything above the smallest of loops and you can just run him around while your team does gens. If he’s smart he’ll leave you alone after the free hit and will look for a weaker target who’s out in the open or by a small loop/unsafe pallet.

    I used to run Spine Chill but I quit because I felt that it was too situational, I figure that with some aura and speed perks I don't need it. I don't want to have to use it just for one or two sneaky killers but you ARE right, it would help against Wraith.

    I just don't understand why they felt the need to buff him. Why take away the one fair trade to making the guy invisible? I'm fine it he's invisible as long as I actually have enough time to run when I hear that bell. Now I don't even hear the bell. It's super cheap, and I'm going against him far more now than I was before.

  • Hex: Devour Hope. In my experience, with most teams if it isn't cleansed with a minute of someone being insta-downed it's game over. Not saying it's OP, just that it can reach a point where it doesn't make sense trying to survive.

    Also Franklin's Demise. It's a very annoying perk.

  • Stridor. I like to be seen and not heard

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2142314#Comment_2142314

    I used to run Spine Chill but I quit because I felt that it was too situational, I figure that with some aura and speed perks I don't need it. I don't want to have to use it just for one or two sneaky killers but you ARE right, it would help against Wraith.

    I just don't understand why they felt the need to buff him. Why take away the one fair trade to making the guy invisible? I'm fine it he's invisible as long as I actually have enough time to run when I hear that bell. Now I don't even hear the bell. It's super cheap, and I'm going against him far more now than I was before.

    I hear ya. I hate facing wraith because I’m terrible at looping and being a competent looper is honestly his best counter, but tbh I’m happy with his buffs because he was one of the weaker killers overall aside from stomping lower ranks. With the buffs he’s a lot stronger but still not top tier even though it can feel like he is when you’re not used to 1vs1ing him.

    Try to only focus on gens next to larger, safer loops and you’ll definitely do much better vs him with a bit of practice. On T&L for example, if you can play the tile well he’s just an m1 killer with no power. Think trapper with no traps etc.

  • PGTW

    I have nothing against the perk, I just think it's overhyped and outclassed by things like Surge

  • Also I hate the perk Noed, the way I would change it at least is so it gives you the exposed notification when the gen pops, not when a survivor gets downed with it.

  • Franklin's, it's just annoying.

  • @Jane_Is_Mega_Thicc said:

    For me it’s Tinkerer + Ruin. That on Freddy or Blight is extremely annoying to face, what about you???

    Noed, rewards the killer for survivor objects in an unfair way, compared to other perks that reward the survivors for doing there job

  • Honestly, I don't even dislike any killer perks. I wish some of the weaker ones were more viable to use, but I haven't caught myself being upset over the killer using any specific perks since I was in yellow ranks

  • NOED. Not because it's strong like some people seem to think but because it's just annoying to get hit by out of nowhere.

  • Barbeque & Chili. Bloodpoints? Fine. Aura read? Not okay, made even worse with a lot of the maps getting vision nerfs.

1 2 ›