Bubba question
Why does people say bubba is mid tier?
I mean, you have to literally throw every pallet to stand a chance vs him. I usually face survivors that drops like 5-6 pallets in less than a minute, no jokes lol.
Please consider having arguments, instead of "he's mid tier because.... scott lund said it". Have some personality.
I read you.
Comments
He's mid tier because he has no map control, and his ability to end chases is lacklustre.
What do you mean by lacklustre? Im not english sorry :s
It means not great. Decent, but not good.
Anything Leatherface can do, a skilled Hillbilly player can do much better on top of having insane map control and generator pressure.
Leatherface's only defining trait is the ability to down multiple Survivors at once, which unfortunately leads to ridiculous amounts of hook camping.
Top tier killers are the ones that can't be held-W against. Bubba is at the top of mid tier imo.
He is a good killer with amazing snowball and best hook defence but his chase even when decent is dependant on survior's mistakes.
Survivor who knows how to run bubba will use windows properly vs him (even with bamboozle), tight loop pallets knowing distances on bubba's saw and most importantly, chain loops together and have perfect timing on pallet stuns. That all messes with bubba's chase a lot but people just aren't good at it.
He's by no means bad, actually he's quite up there with other strong killer. But when it comes to good loopers he doesn't have all that much to work with besides saw mindgames.
About the last thing you said, if what defines leatherface is downing multiple people at once, what defines billy is only map control. Billy is too nerfed to be compared to bubba's current power.
Imagine a billy revving the saw at legion's frenzy movement speed, but you also instadown in touch.
I forgot to mention, my build is BBQ, corrupt, bamboozle and infectious, and i can tell even a good looper cant do sh*t agaisn't bamboozle in a loop, the max you can do is to do an extra loop and throw the pallet, but even tho bubba will instabreak it, and you will be doing almost no extra distance.
I personally think people say hes bad because they always play with generic bubbas that camp or only knows how to use 1 charge.
No map pressure and a power that is completely countered by holding w or by a loop that has more than one window.
Same goes for survivors. You basically never see good survivor that knows how to run bubba properly even with bamboozle.
I basically never see them because they doesnt exist. Its like telling me that a nurse can be looped in a jungle gym by a good survivor. If nurse has im all ears, theres nothing you can do. Now translate nurse to bubba, and im all ears to bamboozle. The only real counter i can see here is to get in a locker and pray to get the exact timing.
Agreed on that he has absolutely no map pressure, but his power cant be countered by holding W (unless like i said, you face a bubba that only knows how to do 1 charge, a noob one), and about the loop that has more than one window, reminds me of LT walls.
The trick is to block the T, and instead of following his path, you turn the opposite way so you will be facing to him. Works for me everytime, no one expects the killer to go to a random way :P
If you don't ever seem them consider yourself lucky. Same with nurse, just because god tier nurses are extremely rare doesn't mean they don't exist.
People in red ranks don't even know how to loop Legion properly and you expect them to understand how to loop bubba ? It all comes to matchmaking in the end letting potatoes who can't loop killers into red ranks.
I dont want to be that guy, but, can you provide any clips or something about someone holding w in a chase agaisnt bubba?
Im still very confusing about a survivor not wanting to take that loop that is next to him, but proceeds to hold a button and then counters my power. I cant imagine the scenario here lol.
Yeah i think i find him strong because i also slug with infectious when someone is next to me. Im not that type of guy that downs one, sees another guy next to him, and then ignores him and hooks the other dude. And then saying the game is trash, ofc XDDD.
Im more realistic, if i want to win, i will do whatever is in my hand in order to do so, and if that means i have to slug, i will. I have seen people chasing a survivor, then watching how 2 injured survivors work on the last gen, and then saying the game is trash and unbalanced. Like wow xD.
Thanks for your comment, hes SSS for me <3
My bad :S the thing i meant was that slugging being an instadown killer is way more powerful. I feel like a trapper slugging people isnt a big problem, but an oni with his power? No thanks, my mom comes for me XD. Good day!
I don't think I said holding w is the best strategy vs him, you can do it but if he's planning to use his saw it's pretty hard to force.
And no, I don't have any clips of good survivors countering bubba as I'm not the kind of person to keep clips of killers like that. All I have is personal experince of playing against survivors like that or counterplaying bubba myself like I mentioned. I'm no god at it, sometimes I outplay him sometimes he does me but that depends on who plays better and reads the other side more.
Hes like clown. The way you deal with them is to drop pallets early, but neither has any map control. Bubba can still get looped at windows though, whereas clown really can't be since his bottles make you medium vault.
I'm a former Billy main. Bubba is currently one of the strongest killers in the game. Very underrated because many players still keep picking him to simply troll and camp.
Just like any other killer with default mobility, he needs to be played territorially. That's where he shines by creating dead zones faster than arguably anyone else. At that point he snowballs with ease.
He deals with pallets much more easily and faster than Billy, who has to manage when to bait by feathering, respecting, not respecting and curving. And if he fails any of that he gets punished.
Bubba literally needs to just pull up his chainsaw and dash, not even mind gaming if he doesn't want to. He either gets the down or the pallet. The counter is to stun him mid dash, but dedicated servers can't handle that at all even before this patch. Even when timed correctly, 9 out of 10 times the survivor gets the stun score event, but Bubba doesn't get stunned and chainsaws the pallet, sometimes with an awkward animation while servers make up their minds. Then he's right on top of the survivor. And that's if they don't get hit through the pallet in the first place.
Also, I don't understand what 'using windows against him even with Bamboozle' even means. Unless it's a Bubba who just predictably beelines to the window and the survivor runs early (with all the associated risk), there's no using a window. That's literally the point of the perk. Window's blocked, throw pallet or get chainsawed. It's not rocket science. It's his best perk without a doubt.
And did I mention they actually buffed his camping and he's able to down survivors through BT now?
Holding W works only with a significant lead already. However, if you pick up Bubba and start running from a corner to the opposite one of the map you're gonna get stomped. The issue is not mobility, but bad map management.
Bubba is a killer that relies on snowballing but he's very easy to snowball with and build up momentum. As others said he has no map pressure but the way he pressures is quickly downing survivors.
Bubba is definitely S tier. He doesn’t require any skill at all like billy or oni does. If you get found in the middle of nowhere with no pallets or loops then you will get instadowned and there is nothing you can do about it.
Wait, wait, wait!
Are you...
Indirectly implying...
That Clown is top tier?!
I couldn’t be happier.
Top mid tier but if survivors play safe and don't screw around you can't win as bubba.
Agreed on everything :)
I was a billy main, but he got nerfed hard. Now my obsession went to bubba :'D
bubba with bamboozle is a threat you need to drop pallets like crazy or you are dead otherwise he is not the big deal, he is on the top of mid tier because he lacks map pressure but with tinkerer he can do some nice stuff.
Long winded way of saying just camp and 3gen but you do you.
I prefer well-reasoned at the risk of being long-winded, rather than concise and misleading, like your summary of what I said.
But if you want to offer something to the conversation, I'm happy to listen to it.
My summary is quite accurate.
Ever since his buff he counters the hold W tactic
So, to summarize quite accurately, you've got nothing to contribute. Fair enough.
Not really. IF you are out in the open or go for one to many loops yes. otherwise there are to many pallets all within reach of each other after he breaks a pallet with the saw.
Honestly? Maybe. Brutal Strength/Ruin + some lethality perks, like Starstruck and/or STBFL? I could see a good Clown catching people before they could reach pallets to prethrow and having enough quick chases to be dangerous as hell.