RE chapter expectations

So obviously RE is coming into the game which I am extremely excited for, but also concerned, and I'm not talking about the balancing or gameplay. Obviously everyone want Nemesis or Mr.X, Jill, Chris, Claire, Leon, big characters in the series. But not a lot of people talk about adding Jack Baker, or Wesker, or any of the other big villians of RE, they went for the scariest of the bunch which is understandable but risky. However if they are just going to focus on Raccoon City, I'll be fine with it. But I've never played RE 2 Remake or RE 3 I've played the demos but that's it, and it feels like 'hey you didn't play the OG three games or remakes, sorry these characters aren't the ones you know about or grew to know sorry' it feels like I'm excluded in a way. I only played RE 7 and absolutely would love it if their were any ties or actual additions with that said game in this chapter.

I found a video where the guy explained about RE could work where both the community is satisfied, and enjoyable for the game. I personally don't want to feel left out in the hype of the RE chapter, I always wanted that one license from a franchise I experienced and enjoyed come into DBD, just one whether it would've been FNaf, RE, or Outlast, I just wanted to see that one license that features characters from the games I enjoy, and be able to feel like I'm included with it. Thats why I want the RE Chapter be for both the old fans of the OG games and the fans of the new

Link::https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKhG_JS0_4M

Comments

  • @grogachek said:

    After blight, twins, and trickster? My expectations couldn't possibly get any lower. The devs do have a way of proving me wrong every time I think that though. There is a chance for redemption however. Maybe the devs will finally get their act together and make a chapter that doesn't upset the entire community. I hope at least.

    Hopefully that happens, I can't imagine them releasing another chapter that was as bad as the twins, or as lackluster as ALL kill even though it wasn't a bad chapter, it just didn't feel like a chapter without a map

  • @grogachek said:

    After blight, twins, and trickster? My expectations couldn't possibly get any lower. The devs do have a way of proving me wrong every time I think that though. There is a chance for redemption however. Maybe the devs will finally get their act together and make a chapter that doesn't upset the entire community. I hope at least.

    What’s wrong with Blight and Twins though?

    except for the bugs of course, both perform pretty well, Blight even better than Twins.

  • I'll just copy my comment from another thread to this one:

    "RE is one of my favorite franchises too and I've played every game expect outbreak and ORC with multiple platinum trophies. I'm really afraid that DBD will ruin the immersion of the killer character for me tho since some of the BHVR's balance desicions regarding killer power levels have been abysmal in the past few years.

    They better make the killer A or S tier since I really don't want to see survivors BMing Nemesis or Jack Baker etc. They are bioweapons which require a [BAD WORD] rocket launcher to kill most of them!

    I'm guessing they are doing what they did with the Silent Hill chapter; taking something from multiple games of the franchise.

    From RE1 they could take the mansion as the map or Jill/Chris/Barry/Rebecca as the survivor. I personally hope they make a mansion map since it could be really creepy.

    From RE2 they could take the RPD as the map, Leon/Claire/Marvin/Ada as the survivor or Mr. X/G Birkin as the killer.

    From RE3 they could take the clock tower as a map (a second one I'd hope if they don't make the mansion map), Carlos as the survivor or Nemesis as the killer.

    I think they will compile the chapter from these three games but if they pick something from the other games I'd guess Luis from RE4 or Sherry from RE6 as the survivor would be an interesting pick. As for the killer it could be Spencer from RE0, Nosferatu from RE: CVX or Jack or Marquerite Baker from RE7. Damn, if they'd pick Marquerite as the killer I would main her, she is so creepy and her voice acting is awesome.

    My main hope is that they make the chapter well, the killer strong enough and don't F up the survivor models or legendary skins as they did with Cybil Bennet for Cheryl."


    In addition it occurred to me that it would be quite a twist to get Wesker as a SURVIVOR instead of killer. Since he is quite a douche it would be justice to see him get impaled by rusty meat hooks over and over again. There's so much for BHVR to choose from, only factor limiting them is how much they want to pay for each character license, so I'm not expecting any characher more than the other.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116273#Comment_2116273

    What’s wrong with Blight and Twins though?

    except for the bugs of course, both perform pretty well, Blight even better than Twins.

    Yeah I think Blight is amazing Idk maybe its the fact that there has not been a new map is probably why I'm not as excited anymore for a new chapter

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116279#Comment_2116279

    Yeah I think Blight is amazing Idk maybe its the fact that there has not been a new map is probably why I'm not as excited anymore for a new chapter

    I really expect a new map for such a big license with so many iconic places though! And I really think Capcom doesn’t want their license to go without a map as well

  • @Stinde said:

    I'll just copy my comment from another thread to this one:

    "RE is one of my favorite franchises too and I've played every game expect outbreak and ORC with multiple platinum trophies. I'm really afraid that DBD will ruin the immersion of the killer character for me tho since some of the BHVR's balance desicions regarding killer power levels have been abysmal in the past few years.

    They better make the killer A or S tier since I really don't want to see survivors BMing Nemesis or Jack Baker etc. They are bioweapons which require a [BAD WORD] rocket launcher to kill most of them!

    I'm guessing they are doing what they did with the Silent Hill chapter; taking something from multiple games of the franchise.

    From RE1 they could take the mansion as the map or Jill/Chris/Barry/Rebecca as the survivor. I personally hope they make a mansion map since it could be really creepy.

    From RE2 they could take the RPD as the map, Leon/Claire/Marvin/Ada as the survivor or Mr. X/G Birkin as the killer.

    From RE3 they could take the clock tower as a map (a second one I'd hope if they don't make the mansion map), Carlos as the survivor or Nemesis as the killer.

    I think they will compile the chapter from these three games but if they pick something from the other games I'd guess Luis from RE4 or Sherry from RE6 as the survivor would be an interesting pick. As for the killer it could be Spencer from RE0, Nosferatu from RE: CVX or Jack or Marquerite Baker from RE7. Damn, if they'd pick Marquerite as the killer I would main her, she is so creepy and her voice acting is awesome.

    My main hope is that they make the chapter well, the killer strong enough and don't F up the survivor models or legendary skins as they did with Cybil Bennet for Cheryl."

    In addition it occurred to me that it would be quite a twist to get Wesker as a SURVIVOR instead of killer. Since he is quite a douche it would be justice to see him get impaled by rusty meat hooks over and over again. There's so much for BHVR to choose from, only factor limiting them is how much they want to pay for each character license, so I'm not expecting any characher more than the other.

    Which is what I mean they should contribute for both sides of fans, but I still want Jack Baker as his own individual killer tho.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116283#Comment_2116283

    I really expect a new map for such a big license with so many iconic places though! And I really think Capcom doesn’t want their license to go without a map as well

    I commented once saying that neither Capcom, or the community will allow the devs to implement and RE chapter without a new map, no way in hell

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116280#Comment_2116280

    Which is what I mean they should contribute for both sides of fans, but I still want Jack Baker as his own individual killer tho.

    Let's hope they make a versatile chapter. I'm guessing most fans would be satisfied to see Leon as a survivor so maybe they pick some non-classic characters too. In the teaser the clothing of the hooked survivor doesn't really fit any other character from RE than Leon or Ethan but that whole teaser might just be intentional misleading from BHVR.

  • @Stinde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116291#Comment_2116291

    Let's hope they make a versatile chapter. I'm guessing most fans would be satisfied to see Leon as a survivor so maybe they pick some non-classic characters too. In the teaser the clothing of the hooked survivor doesn't really fit any other character from RE than Leon or Ethan but that whole teaser might just be intentional misleading from BHVR.

    I bet it is, for one it is way to early to tease the RE chapter, hell it could be Jack Baker for all we know, and I think that man is Felix but you could be right

  • This content has been removed.

  • @ClamorVentus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/243432/re-chapter-expectations

    Matheiu said "Kill or be killed" wich Claire says to Steve Burnside.

    And if Claire is the new survivor I will be okay with that, but I don't want it to just be about the OG games and remakes,

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116311#Comment_2116311

    I bet it is, for one it is way to early to tease the RE chapter, hell it could be Jack Baker for all we know, and I think that man is Felix but you could be right

    Yes it was Felix's hook scream in the teaser but the body might be the new survivor's. Probably because the voice acting might not be ready yet.

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • @Stinde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116316#Comment_2116316

    Yes it was Felix's hook scream in the teaser but the body might be the new survivor's. Probably because the voice acting might not be ready yet.

    So it is possible, but after looking at the character model of Ethan winters from RE 7 I can confirm that its not Ethan Winters, the guy is wearing a jacket, now Ethan is wearing a jacket in VIllage but that hasn't come out yet. SO I think its Leon or someone else

  • This content has been removed.
  • I have pretty sub-par expectations. The chance of getting a map is higher than usual which is really nice, but I feel we'll be disappointed in the characters, power, and perks.

  • @Stinde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116316#Comment_2116316

    Yes it was Felix's hook scream in the teaser but the body might be the new survivor's. Probably because the voice acting might not be ready yet.

    This is just a personal theory of mine, but I don't the think the trailer showed anything about the killer or survivor, just that the next chapter is going to be RE themed.

    The person on the hook (To Me) just looks like a guy in a lab coat, which could represent an Umbrella scientist (There's Also The Fact he Dropped An Umbrella Pendant). And the "monster" noises are just generic zombie sounds. Again, I'm pretty sure it's just telling us the chapter will be RE themed, and not anything about who the characters will be.

    I'm really holding out hope the killer is Jack.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116328#Comment_2116328

    This is just a personal theory of mine, but I don't the think the trailer showed anything about the killer or survivor, just that the next chapter is going to be RE themed.

    The person on the hook (To Me) just looks like a guy in a lab coat, which could represent an Umbrella scientist (There's Also The Fact he Dropped An Umbrella Pendant). And the "monster" noises are just generic zombie sounds. Again, I'm pretty sure it's just telling us the chapter will be RE themed, and not anything about who the characters will be.

    I'm really holding out hope the killer is Jack.

    THat could be it too

  • @ClamorVentus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116351#Comment_2116351

    Im hopeful this time so :Shrugs: but i hope its a character we didnt expect like Ada. Killer let it be Nemesis.

    I'd actually like to see The Lickers make it as the killer role. Survivor wise I don't really care.

  • @ClamorVentus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116351#Comment_2116351

    Im hopeful this time so :Shrugs: but i hope its a character we didnt expect like Ada. Killer let it be Nemesis.

    Not to sound like a sour pus but, I would really be concerned if it was Nemesis, for him to be in DBD would be one helluva challenge more so then adding Pyramid Head. WIthout anything from his iconic actions in the game he would just be a hulking piece of meat, and I would thing tentacles would work same as Deathslinger, or PH, which can't work. But there is no way him having a ######### rocket launcher in the game could ever work, I don't even think Oni or anyone survive that and if they do it would then kinda take away for what made him Nemesis leaving fans and gamers dissatisfied

  • Because personally, I can't think of any RE survivors that look like the person on the hook, or why they would be carrying an Umbrella pendant around.

  • Something you have to understand is that chapters aren’t specifically catered to your needs, so you’re not always going to get exactly what you want and that’s just something you have to accept. 

    With a franchise like Resident Evil, there’s almost too much choice so it’s unreasonable to expect that every fan will be satisfied with the choices. Let’s just have a quick look at some of the many examples of survivors. Jill, Chris, Barry, Claire, Leon, Ada, Rebecca, Sheva, Sherry, Carlos, Helena AND Ethan. That’s already 12 possible choices right there and I like all of those characters and would be happy with any of them. You can’t really say you’re being ‘excluded’ just because you’ve only played the seventh instalment as that’s on you. 

    For the Stranger Things chapter I really wanted Hopper as the survivor and would have preferred him over Steve. But it’s just something you have to deal with.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116362#Comment_2116362

    Because personally, I can't think of any RE survivors that look like the person on the hook, or why they would be carrying an Umbrella pendant around.

    The survivor in the trailer is Felix and it isn’t a pendant that falls, it’s the upcoming Umbrella Charm that also advertises at the end of the trailer. It’s the exact same thing. Rewatch it.

  • Not sure how I'll feel about seeing Mr X or Nemesis being teabagged by dwight and nea, i'll never look at them the same again.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116328#Comment_2116328

    This is just a personal theory of mine, but I don't the think the trailer showed anything about the killer or survivor, just that the next chapter is going to be RE themed.

    The person on the hook (To Me) just looks like a guy in a lab coat, which could represent an Umbrella scientist (There's Also The Fact he Dropped An Umbrella Pendant). And the "monster" noises are just generic zombie sounds. Again, I'm pretty sure it's just telling us the chapter will be RE themed, and not anything about who the characters will be.

    I'm really holding out hope the killer is Jack.

    True, it's very possible that the teaser didn't hint anything.

    @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116362#Comment_2116362

    Because personally, I can't think of any RE survivors that look like the person on the hook, or why they would be carrying an Umbrella pendant around.

    I'm guessing the pendant is just there to advertise the charm you get when buying the chapter. Maybe we'll also see it as a key item in RE8, who knows.

  • @Bangarang said:

    Something you have to understand is that chapters aren’t specifically catered to your needs, so you’re not always going to get exactly what you want and that’s just something you have to accept. 

    With a franchise like Resident Evil, there’s almost too much choice so it’s unreasonable to expect that every fan will be satisfied with the choices. Let’s just have a quick look at some of the many examples of survivors. Jill, Chris, Barry, Claire, Leon, Ada, Rebecca, Sheva, Sherry, Carlos, Helena AND Ethan. That’s already 12 possible choices right there and I like all of those characters and would be happy with any of them. You can’t really say you’re being ‘excluded’ just because you’ve only played the seventh instalment as that’s on you. 

    For the Stranger Things chapter I really wanted Hopper as the survivor and would have preferred him over Steve. But it’s just something you have to deal with.

    I'm not trying to say I am gonna feel excluded entirely. I am just concerned with how the RE chapter is made, there is no denying that everyone of the characters you listed have left an impact, or even a legacy in a way. With monsters like Nemesis, Birkin, Mr. X and Jack, they have made a lasting impact, and if they were to release a steller and not so great chapter then you are disregarding them for the importance they are, and in a way it a bit of an insult to the series as a whole

  • @Harold_Shipman said:

    Not sure how I'll feel about seeing Mr X or Nemesis being teabagged by dwight and nea, i'll never look at them the same again.

    SEE This is exactly what I am trying to say, to do those characters justice they have to make their powers to where you shouldn't even try in the slightest to Tbag them like Spirit or nurse

  • @Stinde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116354#Comment_2116354

    True, it's very possible that the teaser didn't hint anything.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116375#Comment_2116375

    I'm guessing the pendant is just there to advertise the charm you get when buying the chapter. Maybe we'll also see it as a key item in RE8, who knows.

    True, it's likely just there to advertise the charm, but I still find it a little odd that they felt the need to include the detail of the survivor dropping it on the floor as they get hooked.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116318#Comment_2116318

    And if Claire is the new survivor I will be okay with that, but I don't want it to just be about the OG games and remakes,

    Well he also said stars that is related to re3

  • Oh boy if it is Nemesis and if they are adding two killers and survivors, I would think they can't add MR.X since both him and Nemesis are very similar

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116398#Comment_2116398

    True, it's likely just there to advertise the charm, but I still find it a little odd that they felt the need to include the detail of the survivor dropping it on the floor as they get hooked.

    It’s just a stylistic way to show off the new charm. It falls off of Felix’s belt once he gets hooked. I doubt this teaser has much of a relation to the chapter itself.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116381#Comment_2116381

    I'm not trying to say I am gonna feel excluded entirely. I am just concerned with how the RE chapter is made, there is no denying that everyone of the characters you listed have left an impact, or even a legacy in a way. With monsters like Nemesis, Birkin, Mr. X and Jack, they have made a lasting impact, and if they were to release a steller and not so great chapter then you are disregarding them for the importance they are, and in a way it a bit of an insult to the series as a whole

    I was just replying to what you said in the OP mate lol. You said you’d feel excluded if they focused on the earlier entries because you haven’t played them. Being worried about them doing justice to the various killers is a different discussion. 😂

    I have faith because I doubt Capcom will let them make a mockery of their franchise. I’m almost certain we’ll get a killer as strong as Pyramid Head was / is. ;)

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116410#Comment_2116410

    Oh boy if it is Nemesis and if they are adding two killers and survivors, I would think they can't add MR.X since both him and Nemesis are very similar

    Sure they could this is behavor were talking about. Probably as alegendary skin but if they do that they would have to limit nemissis power and idk if they would do that

  • why jack baker? he doesnt look as cool as other bosses

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Bangarang said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116403#Comment_2116403

    I was just replying to what you said in the OP mate lol. You said you’d feel excluded if they focused on the earlier entries because you haven’t played them. Being worried about them doing justice to the various killers is a different discussion. 😂

    I have faith because I doubt Capcom will let them make a mockery of their franchise. I’m almost certain we’ll get a killer as strong as Pyramid Head was / is. ;)

    Uh... PH actually is strong sure, but very unlikeable, when he first came out he had very little counter play which resulted in survivors complaining, so the devs gave him a nerf, in which not a whole lot of people were happy and found him unenjoyable for both sides, sure if they make him OP and enjoyable I could see it but I'm still skeptical

  • OH boy this ought to be good, also don't leave me out

  • @swager21 said:

    why jack baker? he doesnt look as cool as other bosses

    Jack is the most human yet one of the scariest villians to have ever graced RE, and his boss fights are ######### phenomenal you fight him in a car, which he uses to harm himself, puts a bullet in his head willingly, and then you fight him in a ######### chainsaw duel how is that not COOL!?

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116427#Comment_2116427

    Uh... PH actually is strong sure, but very unlikeable, when he first came out he had very little counter play which resulted in survivors complaining, so the devs gave him a nerf, in which not a whole lot of people were happy and found him unenjoyable for both sides, sure if they make him OP and enjoyable I could see it but I'm still skeptical

    I think Pyramid Head is in a good spot right now. He’s strong but he also has counter play. That’s how I imagine the RE killer to be. I can’t see them releasing something weak for a chapter this big. But I guess we’ll see. I’m definitely aboard the hype train. 😅

  • Oh no your fine just don't forget about me when talking about Jack Baker

  • This content has been removed.
  • @ClamorVentus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116461#Comment_2116461

    Okay. But if they give us 4 characters. 2 killers and 2 survivors i will have to speak to my wallet and probably something else.

    Agreed I'm a bit broke lmao

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116431#Comment_2116431

    Jack is the most human yet one of the scariest villians to have ever graced RE, and his boss fights are ######### phenomenal you fight him in a car, which he uses to harm himself, puts a bullet in his head willingly, and then you fight him in a ######### chainsaw duel how is that not COOL!?

    re7 is my favorite. jack was really scary in the game but i just cant imagine him and his power in dbd. same goes for mr. x. he just looks like deathslinger 2.0

  • @swager21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116448#Comment_2116448

    re7 is my favorite. jack was really scary in the game but i just cant imagine him and his power in dbd. same goes for mr. x. he just looks like deathslinger 2.0

    QwQw has a concept he can gladly show you

  • @swager21 said:

    why jack baker? he doesnt look as cool as other bosses

    I would like to know your location.

    Seriously though, Jack is ######### epic. Like the dude forced you to shoot him in the head for shits and giggles, he wields a dual-bladed chainsaw, and he mutates into one of the coolest looking bosses in the series. He has so much charisma to him. You see him start out as a loving father, only to descend into a horrific monster who cuts his own son's arm off to teach him a lesson. You genuinely feel for the guy as you watch him breakdown and beg Ethan to end his family's misery.

    @swager21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116448#Comment_2116448

    re7 is my favorite. jack was really scary in the game but i just cant imagine him and his power in dbd. same goes for mr. x. he just looks like deathslinger 2.0

    I don't know whether you're referring to Mr. X or Jack in your final sentence, but both of them look nothing like Deathslinger. Mr. X for obvious reasons, and Jack wheres a bright yellow and green shirt with tan trousers, while Deathslinger wheres a dark brown leather overcoat and wields a harpoon gun. I don't see the resemblance.

    As @Dabihwow mentioned, I made a fan made chapter for Jack if you'd like to see how I think his power could work.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116431#Comment_2116431

    I would like to know your location.

    Seriously though, Jack is ######### epic. Like the dude forced you to shoot him in the head for shits and giggles, he wields a dual-bladed chainsaw, and he mutates into one of the coolest looking bosses in the series. He has so much charisma to him. You see him start out as a loving father, only to descend into a horrific monster who cuts his own son's arm off to teach him a lesson. You genuinely feel for the guy as you watch him breakdown and beg Ethan to end his family's misery.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116478#Comment_2116478

    I don't know whether you're referring to Mr. X or Jack in your final sentence, but both of them look nothing like Deathslinger. Mr. X for obvious reasons, and Jack wheres a bright yellow and green shirt with tan trousers, while Deathslinger wheres a dark brown leather overcoat and wields a harpoon gun. I don't see the resemblance.

    As @Dabihwow mentioned, I made a fan made chapter for Jack if you'd like to see how I think his power could work.

    in my last sentence i was referring to mr x. i dont know why but mr x really reminds me of the deathslinger for some reason.


    also im really interested in your concept for jack as i cant imagine what how his power would work

‹ 1 2