RE chapter expectations

So obviously RE is coming into the game which I am extremely excited for, but also concerned, and I'm not talking about the balancing or gameplay. Obviously everyone want Nemesis or Mr.X, Jill, Chris, Claire, Leon, big characters in the series. But not a lot of people talk about adding Jack Baker, or Wesker, or any of the other big villians of RE, they went for the scariest of the bunch which is understandable but risky. However if they are just going to focus on Raccoon City, I'll be fine with it. But I've never played RE 2 Remake or RE 3 I've played the demos but that's it, and it feels like 'hey you didn't play the OG three games or remakes, sorry these characters aren't the ones you know about or grew to know sorry' it feels like I'm excluded in a way. I only played RE 7 and absolutely would love it if their were any ties or actual additions with that said game in this chapter.

I found a video where the guy explained about RE could work where both the community is satisfied, and enjoyable for the game. I personally don't want to feel left out in the hype of the RE chapter, I always wanted that one license from a franchise I experienced and enjoyed come into DBD, just one whether it would've been FNaf, RE, or Outlast, I just wanted to see that one license that features characters from the games I enjoy, and be able to feel like I'm included with it. Thats why I want the RE Chapter be for both the old fans of the OG games and the fans of the new

Link::https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKhG_JS0_4M

Comments

  • @swager21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116678#Comment_2116678

    in my last sentence i was referring to mr x. i dont know why but mr x really reminds me of the deathslinger for some reason.

    also im really interested in your concept for jack as i cant imagine what how his power would work

    Alright then here it is, get ready for one hell of a mouthful. Also @Dabihwow, I updated it a little since you last saw it.

    Base Movement Speed: 115%


    Terror Radius: 32 Meters


    Height: Tall


    The Patriarch’s power is called Family of a Thousand sins. 


    Passives: The Patriarch will always break pallets, walls, and generators 15% faster. 


    Special Attack: Welcome To The Family


    The Patriarch will lunge forward at high speeds. Successfully hitting a survivor will cause The Patriarch to impale and and lift them high into the air. The survivor will be faced with three difficult skill checks.

    • Failing no skill checks will apply the Hunted status effect.
    • Failing one skill check will apply the Hunted status effect and the Hindered status affect for 30 seconds.
    • Failing two skill checks will apply the Hunted status effect and injure the survivor.
    • Failing three skill checks will apply the Hunted status effect and put the survivor into the dying state.


    The Hunted status effect will reveal the survivor with Killer Instinct for 10 seconds and cause the Oblivious and Exposed status effects for 45 seconds. The Hunted effect is triggered when a survivor repairs a generator, heals another survivor, sabotages a hook, cleanses a totem, or unlocks a chest and it cannot be removed until one of those actions is performed. Only one survivor can be Hunted at a time.


    Special ability: Diabolical Device 


    After three generators become powered or you close the hatch, the Doomsaw will spawn close nearby and it’s aura will be revealed in white. Once activated The Patriarch will lose Welcome To The Family and will gain access to Frenzied Sprint and Frenzied Rage.


    Frenzied Sprint: The Patriarch will revv the Doomsaw for 2 seconds, before rushing forward at extremely high speeds. Once a revv is started, it cannot be cancelled. Any survivor that is hit while sprinting will be put into the dying state. Colliding with any objects or failing to hit any survivors will stun the Patriarch for 3 seconds. 


    Frenzied Rage: Pressing the Attack Button while revving The Doomsaw will activate Frenzied Rage. During Frenzied Rage The Patriarch will swing The Doomsaw widely back and forth downing any survivor in its path. Colliding with any obstacles or failing to hit any survivors will stun The Patriarch for 4 seconds. 


    While Holding The Doomsaw:

    • The Patriarch’s base movement speed will be decreased to 110%.
    • All basic attacks will instantly put the survivors into the dying state, but have a longer wind up.


    At any time, The Patriarch may call on The Entity to reset the Doomsaw back to its original position. The Patriarch will regain access to Welcome To The Family. The Patriarch will have to reactivate the Doomsaw if he wishes to use it again.

    “My little girl has given us a gift, and this gift is with me always. As you can see, the family is only a part of her gift. Which-in a word means, you’re #########!”  - Jack Baker


    The Patriarch comes with three teachable perks:


    Hex: Tamperer: You enjoy toying with your victims, and forcing them to play your games. So long as this hex remains uncleansed, whenever a generator is repaired, all other generators become blocked for 30/45/60 seconds. Any survivor currently repairing a generator will be forced off of it.

    “Hahaha-oo-ee! Hell of a game, right? - Lucas Baker  


    Corpse House: You’ve seen things, you know their weakness. When a survivor unhooks another survivor, they suffer from the Exhausted status effect for 80 seconds. If the survivor doesn’t have an Exhaustion perk, they instead suffer from the Hindered status effect for 80 seconds. Corpse House has a cooldown 120/10/100 seconds. 

    “Let’s see you scamper your way out of this!”- Marguerite Baker 


    Mortal Morality: You know your prey can’t keep playing the hero game forever. When a survivor unhooks or takes a protection hit, their repair speed is decreased by 10/15/20% for 45 seconds. Mortal Morality has a cooldown of 80/70/60 seconds.

    “You can’t keep doin’ this forever.” - Jack Baker 


    Add-on’s:


    Brown: 

    • Cooked Crow: A cooked crow found in the microwave inside the Bakers guest house. Slightly Increase The Patriarch’s passive breaking speed.
    • Rusty Saw Blades: Rusty saw blades the infected Jack hung around his property. Slightly increase movement speed during Frenzied Rage.
    • Receipt List: A receipt list of things the newly infected Jack purchased. It contains nothing but dog collars and wooden planks. Slightly increase the duration of Killer Instinct revealed by Hunted.
    • WHERE'S MY MOWER!?: An angry note scrawled out by the infected Jack to his family demanding to know where his lawnmower is. Tremendously decrease movement speed while in Frenzied Sprint and Frenzied Rage. Increase Doomsaw bloodpoint score events by 100%.


    Yellow:

    • Sturdy Rope: The rope Jack sent Zoe to retrieve on the night of the storm. She later used it to barricade a door from him. Slightly increase how close the Doomsaw spawns to The Patriarch.
    • Travis’s Letter: A letter written by a man named Travis to his girlfriend. It reads of a plan he came up with to escape the Bakers. It’s a shame he would end up another one of their victims. Moderately increase movement speed during Frenzied Rage. 
    • Eveline’s Leather Boot: A leather boot belonging to Eveline. Moderately increase the duration of Killer Instinct revealed by Hunted.
    • Hatch Key: A key to a barbed hatch that Ethan used to escape from Jack. While trying to escape through it, the infected Jack severed Ethan’s leg. Slightly increase the duration of Frenzied Rage.
    • “Derelict House Footage” - Tape: A video tape depicting the arrival of the Sewer Gators team to the Bakers Guest house. The cameraman Clancy Javis would be taken prisoner by the Bakers. Slightly increase the duration of the Exposed status effect triggered by Hunted.

    *Note: The rest of the add-on's are currently work in progress.

    Mori: The Patriarch firmly plants his weapon in the ground beside him and taunts the survivor to get up. After some time, the survivor struggles to their feet and turns around to stare at The Patriarch. Taking advantage of this, The Patriarch steps forward and grabs the survivor with his left hand, adjusts his glasses, welcomes the survivor to the family, and then unleashes a brutal punch. As the survivor gets knocked back down to the ground, The Patriarch walks over and crushes their head like a melon. Both the survivor and The Patriarch see the mori in first person.


    Dialogue: During the trial, The Patriarch may speak. Different voice lines can be triggered when completing certain actions. The voice lines have a 25% to activate. While wandering, every thirty seconds not spent in a chase will have a 10% chance to trigger a voice line.


    Wandering:

    • “You know imma find you right? And when I do…”
    • *Mumbling “Where’d that little ######### get to…?” 
    • “No-no. Shut up! You ain’t real!”
    • *Mumbling “I was gonna be her father…”
    • “This is all too fun.”
    • “Here piggy piggy piggy!”
    • *Whimpering “Marguerite…”
    • “You can’t hide from me!”
    • *Mumbling “Shut up, just shut up…”
    • “What? You playin’ hide and seek?”
    • “What are you afraid of?”
    • “You ain’t smart enough to hide from me.”
    • “I know where you are. Come out now. I won’t be angry.”
    • “I’m on to you!”
    • *Whimpering “No one loves me…”


    Finding a survivor:

    • “Don’t move now!”
    • “You thought you’d just slip out before dinner was done!?” 
    • “Here’s daddy!”
    • “You ain’t gettin’ away!”
    • “Miss me?”
    • “Hello there! How’ve ya been?”
    • “Here I come!”
    • “No way out, ya know!”
    • “I see you!”
    • “You think you got what it takes to join the family? Prove it.”
    • “It’s just you and me now.”
    • “It’ll feel good, I promise!”
    • “You’re wasting your time!”
    • “Where in the hell do you think you’re going to?”
    • “I’m an old man, you can’t take on an old man?”
    • “I got the gift runnin’ all through me! All through me!”
    • “Stay right there!”
    • “Get ready for it!”
    • “Stay still!”
    • “It’s only gonna sting a little bit!”
    • “Here it comes!”
    • “Well now, there you are.”
    • “I found you. No more runnin’ around.”
    • “Found ya!”
    • “Hold still!”


    Hitting a survivor:

    • “Imma gon’ squash you like a bug! Hope Marguerite didn’t hear that…”
    • “Poor thing.” *Snickers
    • “Let’s finish this - you and I.”
    • “This is the end, you know?”
    • “Welcome to paradise.”
    • “Don’t be scared.”
    • “Sorry bout’ that. You alright?”
    • “You’re part of the family now.”
    • “I told you… don’t you ######### with me!”
    • “This’ll hurt me more than it hurts you.”
    • “I about dozed off there for a minute.”
    • “Are you havin’ fun yet!?”
    • “This only ends one way.”
    • “Every day it’s the same thing…”
    • “Don’t lose your head!”
    • “Guess what? You’re gonna die!”
    • “You can’t keep doin’ this forever.”
    • “I can’t die. But you can.”
    • “You’re not getting out of here.”
    • “You’ll choke on your blood before I’m done with you!”


    Getting stunned: 

    • “Oh, no, no, no, no…! Now you gonna get it!”
    • “Oh boy! Now look what you’ve done, #########!”
    • “######### you and the horse you road in on!”
    • “######### you!”
    • “Hah, you think that’s gonna do you any good? Really?”
    • “Shitcock!”
    • “Cut it out!”
    • *Grunts “Lucky break.”
    • “OK, have it your way.”
    • “That’s not very nice.”
    • “Feisty, ain’t ya?”
    • “Oh yeah, that’s real nice!”
    • “Well now, ain’t you somethin’?”
    • “Your life ain’t worth a bucket of piss!”
    • “I ain't got time for this!”
    • *Grunts “I’ll show you how to really hurt somebody!”
    • “Now you’re just being rude!”
    • “You think imma just let that stand?”
    • “You’re gonna wish you had the good sense to lay down and die!”
    • “I’ll make you wish you’d never been born!"


    Activating the Doomsaw:

    • *Wicked laughter
    • “Grooooovey!”


    Mori:

    • “Come on, come on!”
    • “Welcome to the family.”


  • The RE2 License is my hope.

    Nemesis, Claire, Leon

    Solid.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116392#Comment_2116392

    SEE This is exactly what I am trying to say, to do those characters justice they have to make their powers to where you shouldn't even try in the slightest to Tbag them like Spirit or nurse

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKr5ormU5zg

    Just because you can tbag or mess with a killer in other ways doesn't mean they can't still be threatening. Mr X felt like a real threat in RE2 Remake, but you can still do stuff like in the video above. Hell, you could even shoot his hat off to BM him. Besides, there's always been a hint of silliness in the Resident Evil franchise and I don't think tbagging will really push things over the edge.

  • @BuddhaBing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116407#Comment_2116407

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKr5ormU5zg

    Just because you can tbag or mess with a killer in other ways doesn't mean they can't still be threatening. Mr X felt like a real threat in RE2 Remake, but you can still do stuff like in the video above. Hell, you could even shoot his hat off to BM him. Besides, there's always been a hint of silliness in the Resident Evil franchise and I don't think tbagging will really push things over the edge.

    I have calmed down a bit, and I woudl be okay with it, but... I honestly am not sure what a power for Mr.X could look like, or for Nemesis due to him being over the top in both strength and size

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116794#Comment_2116794

    I have calmed down a bit, and I woudl be okay with it, but... I honestly am not sure what a power for Mr.X could look like, or for Nemesis due to him being over the top in both strength and size

    I also made a fan made chapter for Mr. X, but not Nemesis though.

    Yeah I know I got a lot of time on my hands.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116697#Comment_2116697

    Alright then here it is, get ready for one hell of a mouthful. Also @Dabihwow, I updated it a little since you last saw it.

    Base Movement Speed: 115%

    Terror Radius: 32 Meters

    Height: Tall

    The Patriarch’s power is called Family of a Thousand sins. 

    Passives: The Patriarch will always break pallets, walls, and generators 15% faster. 

    Special Attack: Welcome To The Family

    The Patriarch will lunge forward at high speeds. Successfully hitting a survivor will cause The Patriarch to impale and and lift them high into the air. The survivor will be faced with three difficult skill checks.

    • Failing no skill checks will apply the Hunted status effect.
    • Failing one skill check will apply the Hunted status effect and the Hindered status affect for 30 seconds.
    • Failing two skill checks will apply the Hunted status effect and injure the survivor.
    • Failing three skill checks will apply the Hunted status effect and put the survivor into the dying state.

    The Hunted status effect will reveal the survivor with Killer Instinct for 10 seconds and cause the Oblivious and Exposed status effects for 45 seconds. The Hunted effect is triggered when a survivor repairs a generator, heals another survivor, sabotages a hook, cleanses a totem, or unlocks a chest and it cannot be removed until one of those actions is performed. Only one survivor can be Hunted at a time.

    Special ability: Diabolical Device 

    After three generators become powered or you close the hatch, the Doomsaw will spawn close nearby and it’s aura will be revealed in white. Once activated The Patriarch will lose Welcome To The Family and will gain access to Frenzied Sprint and Frenzied Rage.

    Frenzied Sprint: The Patriarch will revv the Doomsaw for 2 seconds, before rushing forward at extremely high speeds. Once a revv is started, it cannot be cancelled. Any survivor that is hit while sprinting will be put into the dying state. Colliding with any objects or failing to hit any survivors will stun the Patriarch for 3 seconds. 

    Frenzied Rage: Pressing the Attack Button while revving The Doomsaw will activate Frenzied Rage. During Frenzied Rage The Patriarch will swing The Doomsaw widely back and forth downing any survivor in its path. Colliding with any obstacles or failing to hit any survivors will stun The Patriarch for 4 seconds. 

    While Holding The Doomsaw:

    • The Patriarch’s base movement speed will be decreased to 110%.
    • All basic attacks will instantly put the survivors into the dying state, but have a longer wind up.

    At any time, The Patriarch may call on The Entity to reset the Doomsaw back to its original position. The Patriarch will regain access to Welcome To The Family. The Patriarch will have to reactivate the Doomsaw if he wishes to use it again.

    “My little girl has given us a gift, and this gift is with me always. As you can see, the family is only a part of her gift. Which-in a word means, you’re #########!”  - Jack Baker

    The Patriarch comes with three teachable perks:

    Hex: Tamperer: You enjoy toying with your victims, and forcing them to play your games. So long as this hex remains uncleansed, whenever a generator is repaired, all other generators become blocked for 30/45/60 seconds. Any survivor currently repairing a generator will be forced off of it.

    “Hahaha-oo-ee! Hell of a game, right? - Lucas Baker  

    Corpse House: You’ve seen things, you know their weakness. When a survivor unhooks another survivor, they suffer from the Exhausted status effect for 80 seconds. If the survivor doesn’t have an Exhaustion perk, they instead suffer from the Hindered status effect for 80 seconds. Corpse House has a cooldown 120/10/100 seconds. 

    “Let’s see you scamper your way out of this!”- Marguerite Baker 

    Mortal Morality: You know your prey can’t keep playing the hero game forever. When a survivor unhooks or takes a protection hit, their repair speed is decreased by 10/15/20% for 45 seconds. Mortal Morality has a cooldown of 80/70/60 seconds.

    “You can’t keep doin’ this forever.” - Jack Baker 

    Add-on’s:

    Brown: 

    • Cooked Crow: A cooked crow found in the microwave inside the Bakers guest house. Slightly Increase The Patriarch’s passive breaking speed.
    • Rusty Saw Blades: Rusty saw blades the infected Jack hung around his property. Slightly increase movement speed during Frenzied Rage.
    • Receipt List: A receipt list of things the newly infected Jack purchased. It contains nothing but dog collars and wooden planks. Slightly increase the duration of Killer Instinct revealed by Hunted.
    • WHERE'S MY MOWER!?: An angry note scrawled out by the infected Jack to his family demanding to know where his lawnmower is. Tremendously decrease movement speed while in Frenzied Sprint and Frenzied Rage. Increase Doomsaw bloodpoint score events by 100%.

    Yellow:

    • Sturdy Rope: The rope Jack sent Zoe to retrieve on the night of the storm. She later used it to barricade a door from him. Slightly increase how close the Doomsaw spawns to The Patriarch.
    • Travis’s Letter: A letter written by a man named Travis to his girlfriend. It reads of a plan he came up with to escape the Bakers. It’s a shame he would end up another one of their victims. Moderately increase movement speed during Frenzied Rage. 
    • Eveline’s Leather Boot: A leather boot belonging to Eveline. Moderately increase the duration of Killer Instinct revealed by Hunted.
    • Hatch Key: A key to a barbed hatch that Ethan used to escape from Jack. While trying to escape through it, the infected Jack severed Ethan’s leg. Slightly increase the duration of Frenzied Rage.
    • “Derelict House Footage” - Tape: A video tape depicting the arrival of the Sewer Gators team to the Bakers Guest house. The cameraman Clancy Javis would be taken prisoner by the Bakers. Slightly increase the duration of the Exposed status effect triggered by Hunted.

    *Note: The rest of the add-on's are currently work in progress.

    Mori: The Patriarch firmly plants his weapon in the ground beside him and taunts the survivor to get up. After some time, the survivor struggles to their feet and turns around to stare at The Patriarch. Taking advantage of this, The Patriarch steps forward and grabs the survivor with his left hand, adjusts his glasses, welcomes the survivor to the family, and then unleashes a brutal punch. As the survivor gets knocked back down to the ground, The Patriarch walks over and crushes their head like a melon. Both the survivor and The Patriarch see the mori in first person.

    Dialogue: During the trial, The Patriarch may speak. Different voice lines can be triggered when completing certain actions. The voice lines have a 25% to activate. While wandering, every thirty seconds not spent in a chase will have a 10% chance to trigger a voice line.

    Wandering:

    • “You know imma find you right? And when I do…”
    • *Mumbling “Where’d that little ######### get to…?” 
    • “No-no. Shut up! You ain’t real!”
    • *Mumbling “I was gonna be her father…”
    • “This is all too fun.”
    • “Here piggy piggy piggy!”
    • *Whimpering “Marguerite…”
    • “You can’t hide from me!”
    • *Mumbling “Shut up, just shut up…”
    • “What? You playin’ hide and seek?”
    • “What are you afraid of?”
    • “You ain’t smart enough to hide from me.”
    • “I know where you are. Come out now. I won’t be angry.”
    • “I’m on to you!”
    • *Whimpering “No one loves me…”

    Finding a survivor:

    • “Don’t move now!”
    • “You thought you’d just slip out before dinner was done!?” 
    • “Here’s daddy!”
    • “You ain’t gettin’ away!”
    • “Miss me?”
    • “Hello there! How’ve ya been?”
    • “Here I come!”
    • “No way out, ya know!”
    • “I see you!”
    • “You think you got what it takes to join the family? Prove it.”
    • “It’s just you and me now.”
    • “It’ll feel good, I promise!”
    • “You’re wasting your time!”
    • “Where in the hell do you think you’re going to?”
    • “I’m an old man, you can’t take on an old man?”
    • “I got the gift runnin’ all through me! All through me!”
    • “Stay right there!”
    • “Get ready for it!”
    • “Stay still!”
    • “It’s only gonna sting a little bit!”
    • “Here it comes!”
    • “Well now, there you are.”
    • “I found you. No more runnin’ around.”
    • “Found ya!”
    • “Hold still!”

    Hitting a survivor:

    • “Imma gon’ squash you like a bug! Hope Marguerite didn’t hear that…”
    • “Poor thing.” *Snickers
    • “Let’s finish this - you and I.”
    • “This is the end, you know?”
    • “Welcome to paradise.”
    • “Don’t be scared.”
    • “Sorry bout’ that. You alright?”
    • “You’re part of the family now.”
    • “I told you… don’t you ######### with me!”
    • “This’ll hurt me more than it hurts you.”
    • “I about dozed off there for a minute.”
    • “Are you havin’ fun yet!?”
    • “This only ends one way.”
    • “Every day it’s the same thing…”
    • “Don’t lose your head!”
    • “Guess what? You’re gonna die!”
    • “You can’t keep doin’ this forever.”
    • “I can’t die. But you can.”
    • “You’re not getting out of here.”
    • “You’ll choke on your blood before I’m done with you!”

    Getting stunned: 

    • “Oh, no, no, no, no…! Now you gonna get it!”
    • “Oh boy! Now look what you’ve done, #########!”
    • “######### you and the horse you road in on!”
    • “######### you!”
    • “Hah, you think that’s gonna do you any good? Really?”
    • “Shitcock!”
    • “Cut it out!”
    • *Grunts “Lucky break.”
    • “OK, have it your way.”
    • “That’s not very nice.”
    • “Feisty, ain’t ya?”
    • “Oh yeah, that’s real nice!”
    • “Well now, ain’t you somethin’?”
    • “Your life ain’t worth a bucket of piss!”
    • “I ain't got time for this!”
    • *Grunts “I’ll show you how to really hurt somebody!”
    • “Now you’re just being rude!”
    • “You think imma just let that stand?”
    • “You’re gonna wish you had the good sense to lay down and die!”
    • “I’ll make you wish you’d never been born!"

    Activating the Doomsaw:

    • *Wicked laughter
    • “Grooooovey!”

    Mori:

    • “Come on, come on!”
    • “Welcome to the family.”

    wow, this is the best killer concept ive ever seen. his perks are reasonable, his powers seem a bit busted but theyre fair enough. i love how his power progressively changes. i really like the quotes, they gave me huge nostalgia. i thought jack as a killer was going to be lame but this has changed my mind

  • @swager21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116739#Comment_2116739

    wow, this is the best killer concept ive ever seen. his perks are reasonable, his powers seem a bit busted but theyre fair enough. i love how his power progressively changes. i really like the quotes, they gave me huge nostalgia. i thought jack as a killer was going to be lame but this has changed my mind

    Oh the wonderful works of magic

  • @swager21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116739#Comment_2116739

    wow, this is the best killer concept ive ever seen. his perks are reasonable, his powers seem a bit busted but theyre fair enough. i love how his power progressively changes. i really like the quotes, they gave me huge nostalgia. i thought jack as a killer was going to be lame but this has changed my mind

    Thank you! This is by far the biggest fan chapter I've made, so I'm glad to hear you like it, and that I was able to change your mind about Jack.

1 2 ›