Hatch campers!

Swear everytine it gets to the final 2 on most matches and I'm hooked the other survivor never bothers to save me but does infact find the hatch and waits for me to die.


Is that how the game works now? Or have I missed the whole idea of the game completely? Wouldn't be too bothered if the killer was teabagging but he literally run off the opposite way to where this particular survivor was, the survivor would of known that running kindred himself as well. So what's the deal? Is that the correct way to play or am I missing the purpose?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @SammiieK1991 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2109845#Comment_2109845

    This has happened before though, i have then speculated and not one of them were attempting a gen at all and both stood around looking for the hatch. It's awful how a team game gets to a point of not everyone getting out together and working together. But 1 person fixing and 3 others battling to hatch it out.

    In that case, you were witness to what we call a Clown-Fiesta. You might as well suicide and go to the next match.

  • @FondaDix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2108994#Comment_2108994

    Thank you! I hate when I've worked my ass off during the match and my other team mates clearly made poor life choices and died. Now it's just me and one other person. More folks need to be selfless and die to at least give the person not on the hook a chance. If I or they find the hatch, I see it as a partial victory for the both of us. Sacrifice is always appreciated and i usually message them. Unless they're on PC as I'm on console. I wish we have a thank you option.

    Im a trapper main. I know from experience that sometimes, you gotta cut your loses. I've snagged many a 4k due to over altruism.

  • Depends how many generators are left.


    1?


    Okay, we might have this.


    3+?


    Forget it. This is not happening.

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    Depends how many generators are left.

    1?

    Okay, we might have this.

    3+?

    Forget it. This is not happening.

    Why not? I was in an swf a few nights ago and was just us 2 left and we fixed 3 and got out via EG. So it can be done.

  • @SammiieK1991 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2109925#Comment_2109925

    Why not? I was in an swf a few nights ago and was just us 2 left and we fixed 3 and got out via EG. So it can be done.


    If you did 3 generators with two survivors (and one of them guaranteed injured from being on a hook) then your Killer is an absolute moron.


    All he had to do was camp the hook, and he would have guaranteed, at worst, a 3K + hatch.

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    Depends how many generators are left.

    1?

    Okay, we might have this.

    3+?

    Forget it. This is not happening.

    4 or 5 gens left- you as the last survivor clearly didn't work on gens and shouldn't be given a hatch for not trying. No hatch for you until more gens get done

    3 hatch spawns but closed (key placed in a random unopened chest)

    2 or less hatch opens.


    This feels like the most reasonable compromise. It makes it more difficult for survivors to hide the entire game and still survive while also giving them some chance to escape

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2109925#Comment_2109925

    4 or 5 gens left- you as the last survivor clearly didn't work on gens and shouldn't be given a hatch for not trying. No hatch for you until more gens get done

    3 hatch spawns but closed (key placed in a random unopened chest)

    2 or less hatch opens.

    This feels like the most reasonable compromise. It makes it more difficult for survivors to hide the entire game and still survive while also giving them some chance to escape


    I was will you until spawning a key. Those diabolical things need to go away.

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2109957#Comment_2109957

    I was will you until spawning a key. Those diabolical things need to go away.

    Yeah I don't like keys either honestly lol. 3 feels like it would need its own things because not having a hatch with 3 feels too rough for survivors but having hatch with 3 gens left also feels too easy. It feels like the best middle of the road option to me

  • How long ago was the hatched added? It's always been in the game since I started playing so I have no idea what this game is like without it. Sounds wild TBH, you would be forced to do all gens and exit gate or just die, is that right?

  • It is an allowed way to play.

    It screws you over, but that's always been one of the main things of DbD: Survivors are given the freedom to screw with eachother.

    It's not recommended, barely any equipment the Survivors can put on puts others at a disadvantage, but you can still do some things.

    You can still repeatedly fast-vault a window next to a repairing Survivor, and immediately drop any Pallet you come across.

    It's not a good idea, but you can do it.

    There's a good reason why lots of Survivors like SWF.

  • @SammiieK1991 said:

    Swear everytine it gets to the final 2 on most matches and I'm hooked the other survivor never bothers to save me but does infact find the hatch and waits for me to die.

    Is that how the game works now? Or have I missed the whole idea of the game completely? Wouldn't be too bothered if the killer was teabagging but he literally run off the opposite way to where this particular survivor was, the survivor would of known that running kindred himself as well. So what's the deal? Is that the correct way to play or am I missing the purpose?

    Whats the point of them saving u? 2 ppl can't run the match one will die either way

  • @justbecause said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/242713/hatch-campers

    Whats the point of them saving u? 2 ppl can't run the match one will die either way

    I mean I'm not gonna lie but that's me avoiding the saves and all gens, and having that same attitude what's the point? We're all gonna die either way πŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚

  • @AgentTalon said:

    How long ago was the hatched added? It's always been in the game since I started playing so I have no idea what this game is like without it. Sounds wild TBH, you would be forced to do all gens and exit gate or just die, is that right?

    The hatch is still there dude. And assuming it always will be as an alternative escape route πŸ™‚ the problem players are having is you get that one team member literally walking around to find it at the start if the match, eventually does find it and doesn't bother doing anything positive for the team to get out together but hide and camp it until everyone dies. That's the issue. The issue isn't that is being used, the issue is how easy it is for your team player to not fix gens, not save and just hide in a locker or in the corner until everyone else is game over for the swift belt the hatch. Ideally who ever does that is an absolute plonker anyway as they're literally losing so many BP for that action, and rightly so having your other team doing all the work for the safety.

    Couldn't explain that more clearly I'm afraid πŸ˜… x

  • @SammiieK1991 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2110103#Comment_2110103

    The hatch is still there dude. And assuming it always will be as an alternative escape route πŸ™‚ the problem players are having is you get that one team member literally walking around to find it at the start if the match, eventually does find it and doesn't bother doing anything positive for the team to get out together but hide and camp it until everyone dies. That's the issue. The issue isn't that is being used, the issue is how easy it is for your team player to not fix gens, not save and just hide in a locker or in the corner until everyone else is game over for the swift belt the hatch. Ideally who ever does that is an absolute plonker anyway as they're literally losing so many BP for that action, and rightly so having your other team doing all the work for the safety.

    Couldn't explain that more clearly I'm afraid πŸ˜… x

    Yeah I know all that my question was, was there ever a time the hatch wasn't in the game?

  • Exactly. I get if the killer is hard camping, but they will literally go the opposite direction and the survivor will just stay in their locker. Especially frustrating when there is like a 99d gen and they will ignore it.

  • Over-altruism is usually what kills survivors, coming from a person who plays both sides and sees the perspective from both sides.

  • @AgentTalon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2111067#Comment_2111067

    Yeah I know all that my question was, was there ever a time the hatch wasn't in the game?

    No man I don't think so. I mean without running left behind before I could never find it so I always just thought I'm screwed but il try the exit gate anyway πŸ˜‚

  • @SammiieK1991 said:

    Swear everytine it gets to the final 2 on most matches and I'm hooked the other survivor never bothers to save me but does infact find the hatch and waits for me to die.

    Is that how the game works now? Or have I missed the whole idea of the game completely? Wouldn't be too bothered if the killer was teabagging but he literally run off the opposite way to where this particular survivor was, the survivor would of known that running kindred himself as well. So what's the deal? Is that the correct way to play or am I missing the purpose?

    if the only survivor left was a detriment to our team i will literally let them die on hook idc at all

    if they want to hide in a locker and wait for me to get downed i will do the same. i’ve literally stayed in games for over an hour so the other survivor can’t get hatch idc

1 2 β€Ί