Community made patch notes for buffing weaker/decent killers
Alright, so you know how Otzdarva made a community made patch? Well, I think we can do the same here on the forums but for killer buffs.
So go ahead and add or discuss (stay civil please, it's not that hard) your ideas for a killer buff. If multiple people deem it worthy, I will add it to the list up here. Quality of life changes for strong killers are also acceptable. So go ahead and comment your ideas. Make sure they don't completely rework the killer, just decent buffs.
Here are mine:
Trapper:
- He starts with one trap and can carry two at base
- Traps spawn more in the middle of the maps and are much less spread out
Wraith:
- The Wraith becomes completely invisible after cloaking for 3 seconds
- The Wraith's movement speed after cloaking is dramatically increased for 3 seconds (to 8 m/s from 6 m/s)
Pig:
- The first jigsaw box search will always be guaranteed to fail
- The Pig no longer makes a *shink noise when uncrouching
Legion:
- Each consecutive feral slash to survivors decreases his cooldown by 0.5 seconds per chain up to a limit of 2 seconds
- The Legion no longer loses a percentage of their power when hitting a survivor with a basic attack, I am not sure why this is a thing, but it is.
Plague:
- The pools of devotion spawn more in the middle of the map - ukenicky
Comments
Plague
• Fountains spawn closer in from the outermost edges of the map.
Not to the point that they are all center fountains but currently on certain maps like the Swamps, teh fountains literally spawn in the outermost edges of the map, facing walls and blocked by trees it's actually so awful lol
Ideas we have never been short on, implementation and getting BHVR to take action has always been the difficulty.
As Trapper main, yes, only those 2 would be enough for him.
Brown bag is equal to Demo's rat tail
Some things I'd like for Clown to make him even more better.
Give him Sticky Soda Bottle as basekit, I think him having five bottles would be good.
Buff the duration of the Invigorated effect, by just a little bit.
Make Smelly Inner Soles basekit, because for a green that increases your movement speed while reloading it is pretty good.
Always had an idea as to how to fix his map mobility, but probably won't matter now since they introduced the antidote.
Oh hell yeah, another thread like this!
Hillbilly (Mini update):
Spirit (QoL update):
Do you want me to post my rework concept for Demo?
If you yourself don't care, then please don't comment something unnecessary like this.
I would prefer to keep it somewhat short and only add some small buffs to killers. I would read a post about it though, however I feel demo is in a pretty good spot rn.
I think it would be important to keep in mind that you should only make an addon base kit if it is something that a killer really needs that would suit their power nicely without being too strong. It would also be something that the killer really just needs to have.
I agree with a buff to the invigorated status effect though for base kit though. But I think it should be buffed to 15% speed instead of duration. I mean, the tonic is 15% slow, so 15% speed shouldn't be a problem right? To me, it would make sense because it helps his invigorated status effect just a little bit more, allowing you to use it in a few more places with more ease. A small buff that will not be crazy.
Ghostface:
I posted this somewhere else, but cooldown of Night Shroud now depends on how well you use it.
You'll get seconds shaved off of Night Shroud for each of these actions to a minimum of a 12 second cooldown time. Recharge addons will be reworked to shave 10(Brown)/15(Yellow)/20(Green) percent more time off per action. (Example: with the brown addon, Downing a survivor would award 11 seconds off rather than 10.)
I honestly think it would be better to just reduce this by -10 seconds at base. These ideas aren't bad, but just too much for the devs to probably implement for a simple mechanic, it would also make it too complex. 10 seconds seems just perfect for his base kit power.
Trapper
Wraith
Hilbilly
Clown
Plague
Spirit
Pig
Ghost face
Hag
Myers
Legion
Demo
Maybe the bottle counts could be separate? For example Clown has 8 bottles in total, 4 tonics and 4 antidotes. Using a tonic does not affect the antidote count.
Plus, I'd like to add that it wouldn't make Ghostie boi independent from his add-ons with that patch.
I think that would be too much honestly. Having a 3 second reload for 8 bottles at base makes his kit not overwhelming, but somewhat lazy and bloated in design. It also wouldn't really solve the Clown's problems which is lack of map pressure and a relatively weak 1v1.
If they buffed the duration, and also made it 15% then maybe it could be what everyone wants for Clown and to have some sort of map mobility. Problem is though that's it's being done from a bottle, that has to reload because you're using it with tonic's as well. My idea for Clown map mobility way before the rework, was that he has another bottle that he drinks that gives him a massive speed boost. Don't know what percentage it would have been, but he would move super fast. And it would probably have to work similar to Oni's, say he intoxicates survivors in order for it to be obtained. While drinking and moving at insane speed, the ability to intoxicate survivors is disabled until the duration of this speed boost is to run out.
If Pig's masks are going to be changed in function, I want its RNG to be drastically reduced. Instead of having the key be in a random box, change it so that either 2 or 3 of the boxes light up, and ALL need to be done to get the mask off. That's still a little RNG, but not 'well, you got unlucky three times in a row, now die'.
I don't think 15% is good enough to be considered good map mobility. It can shave off a few seconds in traveling, but not enough to matter all that much. It is powerful in chases and tiles though which is why I wanted to add it.
The Clown having map pressure in the form of speed seems odd for a killer like Clown. I don't think it would be a good idea to give him speed because we already have killers who get their map pressure from mobility. We should be getting new ways to pressure survivors instead of reusing older ideas.
The only solution is just to hope that more of these map reworks are smaller, especially for someone like Trapper.