TrU3Ta1ent Trickster changes suggestions
https://youtu.be/b5a12x7tFEY
I think the suggestions he brings up are quite interesting as they not only make the Trickster stronger, but also more interesting to play as and against as Survivors will have more choices for risk vs reward. Curious to hear what other people think and I'm posting this hear on here for the slim chance that maybe a dev sees and considers some of these.
Comments
his solution is to make him more convoluted than he already is?
I've seen a lot of people ask for the passive decay to be replaced with a blade-count-dependant "mend" action, and the ability to bank you main event. The actual main event thing sounds... Weak. Honestly it sounds weaker than his current one. The whole point is quickly injuring/downing one or multiple people. How can you do that with a single hatchet-equivalent? Especially with ricochet, that mechanic is borderline random because object collision rarely accurately lines up with what you actually see.
The whole "modified mend" idea fixes one of my biggest issues with the Trickster. Because Laceration decays over time, it makes the player want to get something for the investment they get for their hits and engage in the chase longer than they probably should.
At this point just give him 100 knives or whatever, I've only met 1 trickster that could hold his own with an average random team that I had playing solo. Only I escaped through hatch that day.
he's not complex, he's convoluted.....numerous steps needed to achieve something that could be done in 2....
I don't like those suggestions.
Also the removing knives would get in the way of healing and mend commands, so it would have to be another button which creates it's own sort of problems.
Naw, it'll be fine. You can even share a key with Mend. All the ways I can think of to get deep wounds requires the survivor to take a hit, so the lacerations would be removed anyway.
He said taking a hit would not remove laceration in his proposed rework.
So going up to someone injured who has like 6 laceration stacks, M1 will either heal/mend or remove the laceration knives. So either one gets priority and is annoying either way, or it has to be another key/button.
Nah, id rather be able to do something about laceration as survivor but it costs me time.
Most survivors hate that. Legion, even now when he barely inconveniences you at all with it; still makes a bunch of folks angry. So I doubt BHVR is gonna go that route again just to avoid the backlash Legion used to create.
survivors hate mending in general. Its just boring gameplay. they'll never implement mending gameplay to trickster. Just laceration not going down from M1's would make him a lot more lethal. if it did not go down in general, his mechanic of laceration would in fact be huge advantage over other ranged killers instead of major hindrance.
Maybe they'll improve him further but I have feeling that after his changes go through, most killers will be happy where he's at so he probably will not receive any further changes even if he could be made stronger.
Honestly that is partly how I feel as well. I should be allowed to hit with knives, hit them, and finish up with knives that would still (even in addition to the other buffs) leave him a weaker huntress but at least somewhat viable.
After that, buffing main event; make bounce knives basekit and deal additional laceration (but not bounce off the ground so you don't just cheese aim at their feet) and honestly I think he would be a solid killer.
But its a choice. pull them out or be one knife away from a health state.
Trixter needs something man.. right now he is junk.
Except in this case, you HAVE to mend when in Deep Wound because you're gonna be put into the Dying State if you don't. Trickster's Laceration isn't going to gradually put you into the dying state, instead it's a choice that the Survivor has to make. Should I take time to remove these knives? Or should I continue working on this gen?
the mending part wont work.
with that we'd literally just turn Trickster into old Legion 2.0, where he can get a few knife hits on the survivor while they perform an action, such as vaulting or dropping a pallet, and then have those slowly but surely add up to an uncounterable down.
the only way that idea would work would be by allowing survivors to get rid of the blades while running and performing chase actions, though at that point the entirety of that idea is redundant, as it'd just be extremely similar to how it currently works.
i think the Main Event change idea is interesting though, i can see that work.
imo Trickster would be better off with ricochet Blades basekit and 115% movementspeed.
Ehh... I'm not a fan of them. Nothing against Tru3 ofc, I'm just not a fan of these changes.
It doesn't matter, the reasons don't because at the end of the day everyone will throw a fit about it and make such a huge fuss they will just end up changing it again anyways.
So It's just not likely to happen that way. I'll admit I was wrong if that ever does come to pass, but I am like 99% sure it never will.
These aren't the best changes, I just think the main change he needs is laceration to just not down. Would make him a million times better
Idk about the main event part but I would take any buff rn
I would of done main event like this
45s to indefient window to activate
Gives you 8 blades each blade dose 250% bonus laceration and the last one dose 300%
Missing 3 blades ends main event
Landing all 8 blades re fills you blade count and has infectious effect to all survivors within 32m and has their aura revealed for 3s
Upon refreshing your blades you get a 10% haste for 5s
Sry for rant
Same like this is the lazy way to fix this I feel but I cant think of anything else
I actually like most of these suggestions. The only part I'm not on-board with is making it so M1 attack doesn't remove lacerations anymore. Then you're getting into situations where you can hit seven knives, then M1, then throw the eighth knife for the down.
I think the idea with the main event thing is that you can throw a bunch of knives to get the injure, and then follow up with a Huntress hatchet (that presumably requires much less wind-up) for the down.