Would you quit the game if you would lose all your progress?

Everything at zero. All characters at level 1, no shards, no cosmetics, no bloodpoints, etc.

I want to switch from Ps4 to PC. But without crossprogression i would lose everything. Over 2000 hours. So i probably will still play on ps4 and quit when i dont use my ps4 anymore. So i would want to know what you would do if you would be forced to start from zero?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I would because the 90% of progression converts to meaningless skins. Give me dead hard and I am ready to go. I play the game for fun not to dress my characters like Barbie dolls.

  • I would. I've invested a lot of time into other games as well. If my entire progress is reset then I'm done

  • You mean because I think people should say what they mean and mean what they say? Or is it because I don't play the victim in life? Comparing my behavior at a party to my statements on an online forum where people constantly use vitriol and hyperbole in an attempt to pass that off as factual is nonsensical to say the least.

    Maybe instead of trying to disparage me with an ad hominem statement - stick to the topic at hand?

  • @Jasix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2095073#Comment_2095073

    You mean because I think people should say what they mean and mean what they say? Or is it because I don't play the victim in life? Comparing my behavior at a party to my statements on an online forum where people constantly use vitriol and hyperbole in an attempt to pass that off as factual is nonsensical to say the least.

    Maybe instead of trying to disparage me with an ad hominem statement - stick to the topic at hand?

    Arr you stupid or a troll? I bet on troll, so this will be my last reply.

  • @TicTac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2095104#Comment_2095104

    Arr you stupid or a troll? I bet on troll, so this will be my last reply.

    It's pretty telling that your only replies are ad hominem attacks - I will add you to the list of posters that I will refrain from replying to in the future.

  • I'd be gone for awhile. Me, personally, would want to quit forever because 3k+ hours and unobtainable event cosmetics / items down the drain is soulbreaking.

    But I can't quit unless my friends quit, too. I imagine they would as well if they lost the progress, though.

  • @Pepsidot said:

    I've lost all my progress before and was simply demotivated by the fact I had to spent I think it was 156 mil BP. This was also when spending BP took longer. It was so draining I had to spend hours and hours doing it, I didn't play for weeks.

    So I imagine in the situation you described I'd take a really long break and probably come back. However instead of trying to get every perk on every survivor/killer, I'd just focus on what I really need. Just one maxed out survivor. A few maxed out killers that I enjoy playing. I likely wouldn't have the motivation to do much more than that. But, who knows.

    Oh, I am really sorry for you, my friend. I've heard a lot about this glitch with the saved data that used to happen back in the day.

    Let me guess, lost Legacy?

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2094245#Comment_2094245

    Ahhh yes I've heard a little about this "Steam" concept. Interesting. So PC all the way got it. Oh, wait I actually have a (very inactive) steam thingy myself.

    Ty for the response!

    No problem. 😊

  • Eh... probably not. But I'm so comfortable with Doctor that the idea of playing him perkless isn't even a deterrent anymore. Actually, playing most of the killers I enjoy perkless doesn't seem painful anymore.

    But I've also been considering going through everybody and prestiging them for giggles once I catch up with the chapters I've missed.

  • Absolutely. I’ve spent actual money in this game and have received gifts revolving around it, such as a gift card to PSN so I can get the premium rift. If my progress is gone then so am I. I see no point in continuing cause those gifts and memories are wiped clean from the game now. P

  • @TicTac said:

    Everything at zero. All characters at level 1, no shards, no cosmetics, no bloodpoints, etc.

    I want to switch from Ps4 to PC. But without crossprogression i would lose everything. Over 2000 hours. So i probably will still play on ps4 and quit when i dont use my ps4 anymore. So i would want to know what you would do if you would be forced to start from zero?

    I would just quit and if the devs implement real cross progression and not only from stadia to steam (lmao), then i would come back and buy the game for pc.

  • Definitely would quit. I aint goin through the massive grind to get every perk and unlock all my P3s again, cosmetics, etc. It'd also be a spit in my face as well as everyone else's if they decided to do a 'reset'. Like naaaaa, I'd be gone so fast lol. Screw that.

  • Leveling up and building character is pretty exciting + being able to actually play against killers that are accurately your level would be nice. But losing all purchases would be total bs.

  • @TicTac said:

    Everything at zero. All characters at level 1, no shards, no cosmetics, no bloodpoints, etc.

    I want to switch from Ps4 to PC. But without crossprogression i would lose everything. Over 2000 hours. So i probably will still play on ps4 and quit when i dont use my ps4 anymore. So i would want to know what you would do if you would be forced to start from zero?

    I went from PS4 to PC for obvious reasons. I haven't looked back. It sucked, but its worth

  • Considering how big the grind in this game is? for sure

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2094423#Comment_2094423

    Oh, I am really sorry for you, my friend. I've heard a lot about this glitch with the saved data that used to happen back in the day.

    Let me guess, lost Legacy?

    Yeah... lost my L3 Hillbilly and Claud and never got them refunded. :/

  • @Pepsidot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2095325#Comment_2095325

    Yeah... lost my L3 Hillbilly and Claud and never got them refunded. :/

    I can only imagine how frustrating it must have been. I first started playing DBD on 2018, so Legacy was way before my time. But grinding through the old Bloodweb for a exclusive only to lose it in the end is disheartening.

    If I may ask, as someone who lost their Legacy, what is your opinion on the current state of such skins?

    Do you think they should return somehow? Meaning that you and everyone who wasn't playing back them will have a chance to get it.

    Or do you think they should remain exclusive? Which probably means that no one else will ever get them, no matter if they were playing back then or not.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096111#Comment_2096111

    I can only imagine how frustrating it must have been. I first started playing DBD on 2018, so Legacy was way before my time. But grinding through the old Bloodweb for a exclusive only to lose it in the end is disheartening.

    If I may ask, as someone who lost their Legacy, what is your opinion on the current state of such skins?

    Do you think they should return somehow? Meaning that you and everyone who wasn't playing back them will have a chance to get it.

    Or do you think they should remain exclusive? Which probably means that no one else will ever get them, no matter if they were playing back then or not.

    Personally, even though I lost my legacy skins I wouldn't want them to be reintroduced for everyone that never earned them. I play DBD with my brother a lot and he still has his L3 Meg. I feel if it was given out to everyone, it'd be a big kick in the teeth to older players that have legacy, as they were always said to be exclusive.

    If the developers promote things as being exclusive, they should stay exclusive. Not only did I lose my legacy but other exclusives from 2016 I had like Science Fair Claudette, Street Meg etc were given away to everyone. Quite frustrating.

    Edit: That being said, I have no problem with likewise exclusives that people want introduced into the game, such as Blue variants of legacy, as long as the original legacy is not given away.

  • @Pepsidot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096147#Comment_2096147

    Personally, even though I lost my legacy skins I wouldn't want them to be reintroduced for everyone that never earned them. I play DBD with my brother a lot and he still has his L3 Meg. I feel if it was given out to everyone, it'd be a big kick in the teeth to older players that have legacy, as they were always said to be exclusive.

    If the developers promote things as being exclusive, they should stay exclusive. Not only did I lose my legacy but other exclusives from 2016 I had like Science Fair Claudette, Street Meg etc were given away to everyone. Quite frustrating.

    I see. Thank you for your answer. It is not every day I have to chance to talk to an actual Legacy player and I believe this specific topic should be discussed more often.

    If you don't mind another question, what if they were reintroduced, but not given out to everyone? What if there was a new way to earn them? Like going through the old Bloodweb again, for example.

    Would that make things better? Or it still wouldn't be fair?

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096228#Comment_2096228

    I see. Thank you for your answer. It is not every day I have to chance to talk to an actual Legacy player and I believe this specific topic should be discussed more often.

    If you don't mind another question, what if they were reintroduced, but not given out to everyone? What if there was a new way to earn them? Like going through the old Bloodweb again, for example.

    Would that make things better? Or it still wouldn't be fair?

    I'm all for people getting some kind of exclusive for doing things like going through the old bloodweb, as you mentioned. But even if players could somehow play the old broken dbd with infinites, no exhaustion, vacuum pallets, vacuum windows, jungle gym infinites, pallet towns, broken lobbies where you had to ready up every 5 seconds with swf, old sabo, etc etc I still wouldn't want them to get the original legacy.

    It was a reward for players in 2016 that played a really broken game... but we still loved to play it! I think that giving it out in any form would make it lose its purpose. My stance is firm about this. Legacy shouldn't be returned to players that didn't earn it in 2016, at all.

    I realize you might have wanted a different response, but those are my thoughts on the matter.

  • @Pepsidot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096240#Comment_2096240

    I'm all for people getting some kind of exclusive for doing things like going through the old bloodweb, as you mentioned. But even if players could somehow play the old broken dbd with infinites, no exhaustion, vacuum pallets, vacuum windows, jungle gym infinites, pallet towns, broken lobbies where you had to ready up every 5 seconds with swf, old sabo, etc etc I still wouldn't want them to get the original legacy.

    It was a reward for players in 2016 that played a really broken game... but we still loved to play it! I think that giving it out in any form would make it lose its purpose. My stance is firm about this. Legacy shouldn't be returned to players that didn't earn it in 2016, at all.

    I realize you might have wanted a different response, but those are my thoughts on the matter.

    No worries, my friend. I didn't want anything but your honest opinion. And I thank you for answering.

    My thoughts on the matter are a little bit different, of course, but as I've told I am a 2018 player, so I never had a chance to get it (didn't even have a PC back in 2016). It is more than obvious that, if there was a legitimate way to earn Legacy, I would take it. However, that doesn't change the fact that I have an immense amount of respect for those who earned it back in the day, and that is why I wanted to see if there was a way to bring it back that would make everyone happy.

    Once again, thank you. And I apologise if I asked too many questions.

  • Abso-friggin-loutely. I'm not going through the hell of unlocking everything again

  • @Karao_Ke said:

    I'm almost positive I would quit. I'm sorry but the thought of 1k hours as well as over $100 spent is just an insane amount of time and money to lose. Maybe if I took a huge break, I'd come back.

    With that being said, if it makes you feel any better, I'm in the same boat as you my friend. My PC build should be finished in a few weeks but since I play on console and there's no cross-progression, I'm screwed.

    For me I saw that it was on gamepass for pc and was like ill just play a bit but I wont play that much because I was going to get it on steam,4 days later most of my characters are level 50 and I bought some dlcs

  • I struggle with this so badly! I am a PC gamer with a top-grade rig who bought DbD on PS4 purely at the encouragement of my friends. I've spent so much time on the game, I've bought DLC and cosmetics galore, I've got Rift exclusive cosmetics... And now those friends do not play the game.

    I cannot express how badly I want to transfer my account over to my PC. I love the game so I won't stop playing but I also couldn't bear to lose the cosmetics I've spent money on. The progress and character levels isn't really a factor at all, I'd restart at level 1 everyone so long as I wasn't out the financial aspect.

  • Yeah, I would definitely quit. I've put in too much time and effort into this game for it to be wasted. And there is no way I am buying all the cosmetics and DLCS again.

  • @TicTac said:

    Everything at zero. All characters at level 1, no shards, no cosmetics, no bloodpoints, etc.

    I want to switch from Ps4 to PC. But without crossprogression i would lose everything. Over 2000 hours. So i probably will still play on ps4 and quit when i dont use my ps4 anymore. So i would want to know what you would do if you would be forced to start from zero?

    Probably not. I already lost my legacy, so what's 7.5k hours and thousands of dollars compared to that?

  • No. After getting pretty well into the game I decided to buy it on the Switch Lite as well. I was hoping for cross-progression (promised, but doesn't look to be happening anytime soon) and without it this meant that I had to start the game over completely from scratch. Buying all the DLC was much more bothersome that starting over from scratch.

    Would I like it? No, but it also wouldn't matter that much. The game is a cycle, the whole point of playing isn't so much to amass things but to...well, keep playing. Everything from cosmetics to bloodpoints exists to provide incentive to keep playing. If anything I purchased was taken away I'd sure like my money back, but beyond that, nah, the concept of starting over wouldn't be a huge blow for me.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    No. After getting pretty well into the game I decided to buy it on the Switch Lite as well. I was hoping for cross-progression (promised, but doesn't look to be happening anytime soon) and without it this meant that I had to start the game over completely from scratch. Buying all the DLC was much more bothersome that starting over from scratch.

    Would I like it? No, but it also wouldn't matter that much. The game is a cycle, the whole point of playing isn't so much to amass things but to...well, keep playing. Everything from cosmetics to bloodpoints exists to provide incentive to keep playing. If anything I purchased was taken away I'd sure like my money back, but beyond that, nah, the concept of starting over wouldn't be a huge blow for me.

    I'm curious since you're a multi-platform user do you buy cosmetics on both or just one? Do you ever buy duplicate cosmetics such as the same outfit for the same Survivor?

  • Absolutely. I’ve spent money on not only DLC, but cosmetics. Not to mention the time investment.

1 2 ›