Reality of playing M1 killer on red ranks

  • Get loaded in a match
  • Walk to the furthest gens
  • By the time you've came there, a gen is already 90%
  • At least you've grabbed one of them.
  • Hook a survivor.
  • Gen pops
  • You start chasing a survivor that just left this gen
  • Another gen pops
  • You still are chasing a survivor, cornered them in a single tile
  • 30 seconds after mindgames you get slammed by a pallet
  • Survivor is already miles away
  • At least you got a hit through pallet
  • Another gen pops
  • You decide to go protecting gens instead of losing even more in a futile attempt to finish that chase
  • Just about time you find another hot almost 100% gen
  • Survivors who were doing it started running when they saw you 30 meters away
  • You've wasted around 20 seconds catching up to them.
  • Start chasing another survivor
  • Another T-L
  • You are doing it well but they still are one step ahead
  • Get to jungle
  • Start mindgaming
  • 30 seconds lost, nothing achieved, they just don't fall for it
  • Let's do it the old way
  • After another 30-40 seconds you've managed to get slammed by the pallet
  • Without a piercing hit
  • At least they've chosen a wrong direction and got hit.
  • Once.
  • You decide to commit to chase this time
  • long-short wall tile
  • Finally a successful mindgame after 40 seconds of spinning and faking
  • got E-outplayed
  • another pallet dropped
  • They yet again cornered themselves in a dead zone and finally got downed.
  • 3 pallets lost. 1 gen has been popped by now. Somehow.
  • You hook them near that almost 100% gen you've found earlier. That still has not been completed. For some reason.
  • Decide not to leave this area.
  • Survivors pop last gen that was on the other side of the map
  • At least I have NOE-
  • *hex totem destroyed sound*
  • nevermind.
  • EGC starts
  • 3 survivors come to you
  • Why do I feel like I'm the victim here
  • You slam M1 like insane hoping to down at least someone.
  • They use all kinds of available bodyblocking tricks to make you waste 5 hits (BT included) without a single down.
  • You get called noob, camper and tunneler.
  • You start questioning why weren't you playing some other killer who does not depend on survivors being bad
  • Or, better say, why are you even playing killer.
  • At least you get to end ######### survivor matches in 60 seconds or less.
  • Instead of being a victim for more than 5 or even 10 minutes.
  • Or, why you are even playing this game in the first place.

M1 killer is surely fun.

Comments

  • Yes, thats correct. It´s especially bad when you have a daily for a killer you are not used to. Or test the new killer.

  • That's why I only play strong anti-loop killers (pyramid and hag) because at least I have a chance to fight back against gen speed. I don't always win but it's less frustrating

  • Playing bubba and am barely or even not able to keep up with under 30 second chases each. You just waste to much time walking from one point to the next between hooks.

  • @Profezia said:

    • Get loaded in a match
    • Walk to the furthest gens
    • By the time you've came there, a gen is already 90%
    • At least you've grabbed one of them.
    • Hook a survivor.
    • Gen pops
    • You start chasing a survivor that just left this gen
    • Another gen pops
    • You still are chasing a survivor, cornered them in a single tile
    • 30 seconds after mindgames you get slammed by a pallet
    • Survivor is already miles away
    • At least you got a hit through pallet
    • Another gen pops
    • You decide to go protecting gens instead of losing even more in a futile attempt to finish that chase
    • Just about time you find another hot almost 100% gen
    • Survivors who were doing it started running when they saw you 30 meters away
    • You've wasted around 20 seconds catching up to them.
    • Start chasing another survivor
    • Another T-L
    • You are doing it well but they still are one step ahead
    • Get to jungle
    • Start mindgaming
    • 30 seconds lost, nothing achieved, they just don't fall for it
    • Let's do it the old way
    • After another 30-40 seconds you've managed to get slammed by the pallet
    • Without a piercing hit
    • At least they've chosen a wrong direction and got hit.
    • Once.
    • You decide to commit to chase this time
    • long-short wall tile
    • Finally a successful mindgame after 40 seconds of spinning and faking
    • got E-outplayed
    • another pallet dropped
    • They yet again cornered themselves in a dead zone and finally got downed.
    • 3 pallets lost. 1 gen has been popped by now. Somehow.
    • You hook them near that almost 100% gen you've found earlier. That still has not been completed. For some reason.
    • Decide not to leave this area.
    • Survivors pop last gen that was on the other side of the map
    • At least I have NOE-
    • *hex totem destroyed sound*
    • nevermind.
    • EGC starts
    • 3 survivors come to you
    • Why do I feel like I'm the victim here
    • You slam M1 like insane hoping to down at least someone.
    • They use all kinds of available bodyblocking tricks to make you waste 5 hits (BT included) without a single down.
    • You get called noob, camper and tunneler.
    • You start questioning why weren't you playing some other killer who does not depend on survivors being bad
    • Or, better say, why are you even playing killer.
    • At least you get to end ######### survivor matches in 60 seconds or less.
    • Instead of being a victim for more than 5 or even 10 minutes.
    • Or, why you are even playing this game in the first place.

    M1 killer is surely fun.

    Honestly this is why it's kind of hard to go back to playing other Killers after I've played Blight for an extended period of time. He negates survivors just mindlessly holding W. As a survivor you have to be constantly trying to outplay a decent Blight. There's not as much downtime. If you're not a really good Blight then you can still suffer from the issue of survivors splitting up and hammering out the gens though. His power can be difficult to use at some tiles so if you're still learning Blight then at said tiles he's just an M1 killer for that player.

  • Looping is honestly the worst thing at high ranks.

    It's basically "haha stupid killer you literally can't touch me, the map makes it impossible."

    So anti-loop killers are essential.

    But anti-loop killers are "OP" so you get accused of playing on EZ mode.

  • This is why I main clown

  • I disagree. In my opinion, you are blaming your lack of competence on game mechanics.

    The share of matches that actually show you why M1 killers are bad against competent 5k+ hrs/each SWFs/comp teams is less than 1 in 100 trials you enter (due to current MM state). That's not often enough to make up for such an elaborated complaint.

  • This sounds like a match where I play against red ranks.. and I am a very bad killer player and am aware of that..

    this sounds like a matchmaking Problem that hopefully gets better with SBM..

  • feels bad playing trickster.


    the 110% m1 killer

  • Sometimes you just go against teams that are better than you. But that is not the majority of the time by my stats and BHVR's stats.

    Stop blaming your losses on the game and start learning from them to get better.

    @Red_Beard said:

    Hello my fellow Dead by Daylight enthusiasts. This is a follow up to my recent post giving some data from 25 Wraith games I played as a red rank killer. Those 25 games were played on a weekday. The next 25 were played on a weekend. I wanted a mix to account for the possibility of a larger pool of survivors giving me more balanced match making, presumably better on the weekend. I also wanted to have a decent amount of games played to give a good average. This post is the data combined from those 50 games. I did not do a full comparison between the weekday and weekend games, but I did add some notes in the first post, which can be found here.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/237236/update-numbers-from-25-wraith-red-rank-matches

    An update to my hours played at the end of this experiment I now sit at 1605 hours played. I also play survivor, I believe only slightly less than killer, but I do not keep track.

    I started the experiment at Rank 2, 4 pips in. I ended at Rank 1. The lowest I dropped while completing this was Rank 2, 3 pips. I played no other killer games during this experiment.

    My goal through the whole thing was to play to win. This meant kill as many survivors as I could first and foremost, but also play get as many hooks as I could if I didn't think it would cost me the win. I didn't go into the games planning to aggressively camp, tunnel and slug. That said, if I felt I was getting behind, I used those tactics if I felt it was my best option to win. There were definitely a number of games I did have to tunnel. I also noted 2 games I played were I decided to hard camp a hooked and slugged survivor. Sometimes I decided to hard tunnel when I got down to 2 or 3 gens with 4 survivors alive. Sometimes I decided to hard tunnel at 4 gens because I could tell by how the chases were going I wasn't going to win otherwise.

    I also decided not to slug for the 4k unless I could see the last survivor even though this was counter productive to the goal of killing everyone. This was because I was also somewhat curious how many people could beat me to the hatch. There were some games I could see the last survivor and still did not slug because I was confident I would be able to get them before they got to the hatch.

    I never gave up trying to achieve the goal. If the gens got down and the gate was open, I still tried to kill everyone I could. I also did not dodge any of the lobbies.

    I used the same perk build for all the games which was Corrupt, Pop, Whispers, and BBQ. I used the same add-ons for the first 40 games which were green Swift Hunt and Green Windstorm. I used purple Swift Hunt and purple Windstorm the final 10 games because I ran out of green ones.

    I had five disconnects while playing. I didn't count the data from two of the games because the disconnects happened early on, so I played two extra games. I did count the data for three of the games because the survivors disconnected on death hook.

    Now that I've bored you with a lot of background information, let's get into some numbers.

    Blood Points

    I earned a total of 1,409,722 in game blood points for an average of 28,194 per match. Survivors earned a total of 3,237160 in game blood points for an average per survivor, per match of 16,186. I did not record post game points for killer.

    Survivor Ranks

    I decided to break the teams down into three groups; all red rank, three red rank and 1 non-red rank, and mixed. And so I do not repeat a bunch of information put those into a table with kills and pips.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7I0L4Q989KD7/image.png

    Kills Overall

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/O7MLTUU68EMW/image.png

    I had a total of 159 kills of a possible 200 for a kill rate of 3.2 or 79.5%.

    Of the 41 escapes, six were by hatch. Four of the hatch escapes were from the survivor finding the hatch first. Two of the hatch escapes happened in one match from a plundered key. That is 15% of the escapes being through the hatch.

    Pips

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7CBTIXUXQREK/image.png

    That is a total of 45 pip points earned during the 50 matches.

    More Frequently Discussed Perks

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/9H9I1Z7R4SFY/image.png

    The dreaded DS/UB combo was brought 14 times or was in 7% of survivor builds.

    I was stunned by a decisive strike 10 times or 17% of survivors that brought it got to use it.

    Four of the OoOs were in one match. I was only able to secure one kill and I depipped.

    Survivors activated Dead Hard too many times for me to count and I don't record my games.

    Items

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/75KE4VTSVNKZ/image.png

    There were four BNPs brought in the 50 matches.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/COIVYC5XTRQ0/image.png

    There were two styptics and three syringes brought in 50 matches.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/FJ8PB12HF92F/image.png

    I was stunned by a flashlight save six times with many more attempted.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/TJYE7Q2HOX3I/image.png

    There was a key that could open hatch brought in 8% of the matches. None of the keys brought were used to open the hatch.

    There were three pink maps and no other maps brought in all the matches.

    Offerings

    I only brought blood point offerings. While there were a lot of different offerings brought, the most talked about ones are map offerings. For map offerings, two were Haddonfield, two were Dead Dawg, one was Hawkins, one was Cold Wind Farm and one was Macmillen's. That is 14% of the matches had a map offering.

    My Thoughts

    For killers that I feel competent with using their power, this feels pretty normal for me playing in red ranks. Even with full red rank teams, I performed a little worse but still am managing to kill more than 50% of survivors.

    Of course, killers I am out of practice with, or never really learned I do worse with because I'm not that good with them.

    In the 50 matches, there were only four games that I felt I had no chance of winning. But that isn't because of the balance of the game or the perks the survivors brought, it was because those survivors were just way better than me. I have I'm guessing roughly 900 hours playing killer. I am at the top rank. Included in that rank are people that may have 5000 hours in just playing killer. It is the same on the survivor side. If I get matched against those survivors with so many hours that know how to play against every killer, of course I am going to get stomped, no matter what perks they have, because I am not of equal skill as them even though we are both at the top rank level. And if ranking was such that it more accurately reflected skill level of the game, I wouldn't be a red rank killer, and I can accept that.

    As for the toxic experience, there was only one game that in end game chat I got a GGEZ. Yeah, throwing a little salt, but not terrible. I have had some people say some terrible things, but it is very, very rare that I see this happen. Sure there was a lot of tea bagging and flash light clicking. But I killed most of them so I win.

    Overall, I find playing killer at red ranks to be mostly easy and enjoyable when I'm playing killers I'm competent with. Definitely easier, in my opinion, than playing solo survivor.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/6EXQ4ZUYIHWR/image.png

    If you have request for additional information, let me know. I'll try to get if for you if I have the data.


  • @TripleSteal said:

    I disagree. In my opinion, you are blaming your lack of competence on game mechanics.

    The share of matches that actually show you why M1 killers are bad against competent 5k+ hrs/each SWFs/comp teams is less than 1 in 100 trials you enter (due to current MM state). That's not often enough to make up for such an elaborated complaint.

    You're plain wrong. It's not even close to 1/10 trails you enter that shows that most of killer's roster have no competence about experiment survivors, let's even say 1/100. These are my last 5 matches, for example:

    Screenshot (574).png Screenshot (575).png Screenshot (576).png Screenshot (577).png Screenshot (578).png

    I've played one after another (you can check with the BP difference, one of them I got rift points), and you can also see that I've got no SWF.

    And I still escape at least 7/10 of my matches, and it's very very very very very rare to get a killer 4k, it's something like 1/50 matches (assuming 4x rank 1s vs rank 1 killer). I think most of the solid rank 1 player base can confirm my stats.

    You can say that 1/100 matches you'll go against a death squad, that I can probably agree. But a death squad doesn't show only that M1 killers are powerless, they show that every killer is powerless.

  • I wouldn't mind a long chase if gens were done at human speed.

    Basically all the problems in the game are directly or indirectly related to how fast gens go this days.

    • Gens go fast: killer decides to tunnel or camp to secure kills/apply pressure.
    • Gens go fast: Nobody get points, probably most of the players get blackpip or deranks.
    • Gens go fast: Killer is gonna be tilted because he can't play the game, he is going iris Huntress next game or just bubba.
    • Gens go fast: Boring game for everybody, unless fornite kids that their concept of fun is just escaping with 10k points and tbag on the exit gates.
    • Gens go fast: Maybe lets play Nurse and now survivors have no counterplay.
    • Gens fo fast: Unable to play a killer if you don't have ruin+undying with him.

    Only fixing that the game could be awesome.

  • @Mercês said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2089530#Comment_2089530

    You're plain wrong. It's not even close to 1/10 trails you enter that shows that most of killer's roster have no competence about experiment survivors, let's even say 1/100. These are my last 5 matches, for example:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2AMNSVWJ6TVZ/screenshot-28574-29.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ZZE7U3M56A6V/screenshot-28575-29.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/EA38M331FMRS/screenshot-28576-29.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/R12B5Y5DY4WA/screenshot-28577-29.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7NH3UXP0KO8B/screenshot-28578-29.png

    I've played one after another (you can check with the BP difference, one of them I got rift points), and you can also see that I've got no SWF.

    And I still escape at least 7/10 of my matches, and it's very very very very very rare to get a killer 4k, it's something like 1/50 matches (assuming 4x rank 1s vs rank 1 killer). I think most of the solid rank 1 player base can confirm my stats.

    You can say that 1/100 matches you'll go against a death squad, that I can probably agree. But a death squad doesn't show only that M1 killers are powerless, they show that every killer is powerless.

    This is how last night was for me. Luckily I was running Clown so it wasn't the cakewalk these teams expected (their names were warning me) that's how cocky they were but SWF is the power role. Now that being said it's not like this happens that often it's rare that I get consecutive matches but def not 1/10 at least in my experience at rank 1 with crossplay.

  • @Mercês said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2089530#Comment_2089530

    You're plain wrong. It's not even close to 1/10 trails you enter that shows that most of killer's roster have no competence about experiment survivors, let's even say 1/100. These are my last 5 matches, for example:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2AMNSVWJ6TVZ/screenshot-28574-29.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ZZE7U3M56A6V/screenshot-28575-29.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/EA38M331FMRS/screenshot-28576-29.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/R12B5Y5DY4WA/screenshot-28577-29.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7NH3UXP0KO8B/screenshot-28578-29.png

    I've played one after another (you can check with the BP difference, one of them I got rift points), and you can also see that I've got no SWF.

    And I still escape at least 7/10 of my matches, and it's very very very very very rare to get a killer 4k, it's something like 1/50 matches (assuming 4x rank 1s vs rank 1 killer). I think most of the solid rank 1 player base can confirm my stats.

    You can say that 1/100 matches you'll go against a death squad, that I can probably agree. But a death squad doesn't show only that M1 killers are powerless, they show that every killer is powerless.

    I have been tracking my killer matches for a long while, and I play most of the M1 killers. Lowest lethality is Pig at 87 or 88%, the rest are in between 90 and 94 percent. I'm by no means a top level player, currently a whole tier behind competitive killers skill-wise.

    "Death squads" do not show that all the killers are powerless, these 1% of matches are the only interesting games we get as of now.

    Blaming your lack of success on external factors rather than learning from it is a counter-productive, albeit emotionally comforting approach.

  • @Seraphor said:

    Looping is honestly the worst thing at high ranks.

    It's basically "haha stupid killer you literally can't touch me, the map makes it impossible."

    So anti-loop killers are essential.

    But anti-loop killers are "OP" so you get accused of playing on EZ mode.

    You'd be incredibly shocked how effective it is to not loop and just pre-drop every pallet and keep holding W. Especially against killers like Pyramid head and Slinger.

  • @Mercês said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2089530#Comment_2089530

    You're plain wrong. It's not even close to 1/10 trails you enter that shows that most of killer's roster have no competence about experiment survivors, let's even say 1/100. These are my last 5 matches, for example:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2AMNSVWJ6TVZ/screenshot-28574-29.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ZZE7U3M56A6V/screenshot-28575-29.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/EA38M331FMRS/screenshot-28576-29.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/R12B5Y5DY4WA/screenshot-28577-29.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7NH3UXP0KO8B/screenshot-28578-29.png

    I've played one after another (you can check with the BP difference, one of them I got rift points), and you can also see that I've got no SWF.

    And I still escape at least 7/10 of my matches, and it's very very very very very rare to get a killer 4k, it's something like 1/50 matches (assuming 4x rank 1s vs rank 1 killer). I think most of the solid rank 1 player base can confirm my stats.

    You can say that 1/100 matches you'll go against a death squad, that I can probably agree. But a death squad doesn't show only that M1 killers are powerless, they show that every killer is powerless.

    If you stretched your res even further Willy Wonka might offer you a role in his factory...

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2089413#Comment_2089413

    You'd be incredibly shocked how effective it is to not loop and just pre-drop every pallet and keep holding W. Especially against killers like Pyramid head and Slinger.

    Oh yeah, the low-mobility anti-loop killers get this quite a bit. At least they can catch up, but it wastes a lot of time.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2089663#Comment_2089663

    Oh yeah, the low-mobility anti-loop killers get this quite a bit. At least they can catch up, but it wastes a lot of time.

    My one nightmare as daddy dorito is seeing a full team who just predrop 😔

  • I love like the killers mains always tries to make themselfves the victim. Its never their fault, its always evil survivors.

    I played enough games VS red ranks to see them tunneling, facecamping, slugging the whole game for no reasons at 5 gens, stop pretending its never happening, its 50-50

    "Genrushing" is the word that most of emos killers are hiding behind to act like a***oles in game, while its not really justified

    You cry playing m1 killer ? Play solo survivor at the same level, you will have the same degree of frustration

  • @TripleSteal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2089576#Comment_2089576

    I have been tracking my killer matches for a long while, and I play most of the M1 killers. Lowest lethality is Pig at 87 or 88%, the rest are in between 90 and 94 percent. I'm by no means a top level player, currently a whole tier behind competitive killers skill-wise.

    "Death squads" do not show that all the killers are powerless, these 1% of matches are the only interesting games we get as of now.

    Blaming your lack of success on external factors rather than learning from it is a counter-productive, albeit emotionally comforting approach.

    Lack of success? Do you think you're the only sitting with 90% win rate with killer also? I'm a competitive DbD player and my Nurse sits around 90% perfect games. Being a good killer player and getting very high win rates doesn't negate my experience as a survivor. It just means that you're both a top tier killer and a survivor. What's the point here?

  • @Mercês said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2089642#Comment_2089642

    Lack of success? Do you think you're the only sitting with 90% win rate with killer also? I'm a competitive DbD player and my Nurse sits around 90% perfect games. Being a good killer player and getting very high win rates doesn't negate my experience as a survivor. It just means that you're both a top tier killer and a survivor. What's the point here?

    Unless I'm being stoopid (which happens rather often), this statement nullifies your previous claim. Your personal success as survivor against less skilled killers playing relatively weak characters is not a relevant indicator of an overall balance state.

    OP complains about his struggles with M1 killers in pub matches against average red ranks. This situation is a "git gud" case, rather than "legion unplayable pls fix" sort of stuff.

  • Hey,but they nerfed DS after years, enough for Killers.

    Im waiting to see how they rework Farms and Haddonfield. 25 pallets per map and same gen speed.

  • @TripleSteal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2089707#Comment_2089707

    Unless I'm being stoopid (which happens rather often), this statement nullifies your previous claim. Your personal success as survivor against less skilled killers playing relatively weak characters is not a relevant indicator of an overall balance state.

    OP complains about his struggles with M1 killers in pub matches against average red ranks. This situation is a "git gud" case, rather than "legion unplayable pls fix" sort of stuff.

    Ever hear of the famous 3 gen problem with dbd? Heres the math. 4 survivors start seperate on different gens. You say find one after 30 seconds. First hit takes 20 seconds because of that being average loop time. Second hit we'll say takes the same no dead hard to extend it. Hook takes 10 seconds. Thats 80 buddy boy and the gen that had 30 seconds on it they can just finish if you don't go back to it.*gen pop gen pop gen pop* this is exclusive to m1 killers with no real map pressure. So no billy nurse spirit or any of them. So 4 gens can literally actually go in less then 2 and a half minutes? Thats why in certain games i just predrop pallets and hold w. Its just that easy. *signed 5k hours rank 1 on both killer and survivor* and i play both solo and a 4man depends on if my group is on.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2089734#Comment_2089734

    Ever hear of the famous 3 gen problem with dbd? Heres the math. 4 survivors start seperate on different gens. You say find one after 30 seconds. First hit takes 20 seconds because of that being average loop time. Second hit we'll say takes the same no dead hard to extend it. Hook takes 10 seconds. Thats 80 buddy boy and the gen that had 30 seconds on it they can just finish if you don't go back to it.*gen pop gen pop gen pop* this is exclusive to m1 killers with no real map pressure. So no billy nurse spirit or any of them.

    I see people coming up with this approach rather often. It is only viable to a certain extent, as it doesn't account for pretty much anything tactical. Choice of gens to defend, double spawns, control over chase trajectory, choice of the area of the first chase, juggling targets, choice of the first hook once you got a down, etc. etc.

    In a very unfortunate match (bad map with unlucky gen spot/tiles generated, paired with poor spawn point guesses) against competent survivors it might go precisely the way you described, though; it's just a rather rare case. However, this is still not a completely unwinnable scenario - depends on the gens you are left with, which you can sort of control.

  • @TripleSteal said:

    I disagree. In my opinion, you are blaming your lack of competence on game mechanics.

    The share of matches that actually show you why M1 killers are bad against competent 5k+ hrs/each SWFs/comp teams is less than 1 in 100 trials you enter (due to current MM state). That's not often enough to make up for such an elaborated complaint.

    There's difference in being incompetent and being physically unable to win due to game being very unbalanced in certain situations.

    Killers like ghostface or trapper just suck ass against survivors just doing gens instead of ######### around and lasting at least 40-50 seconds in a chase.

  • @TripleSteal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2089748#Comment_2089748

    I see people coming up with this approach rather often. It is only viable to a certain extent, as it doesn't account for pretty much anything tactical. Choice of gens to defend, double spawns, control over chase trajectory, choice of the area of the first chase, juggling targets, choice of the first hook once you got a down, etc. etc.

    In a very unfortunate match (bad map with unlucky gen spot/tiles generated, paired with poor spawn point guesses) against competent survivors it might go precisely the way you described, though; it's just a rather rare case. However, this is still not a completely unwinnable scenario - depends on the gens you are left with, which you can sort of control.

    Its even worse though as some m1 killers dont even get THAT luxury. For instance michael myers. Never thought id be saying this but hes probably one of the worse for this. Starts out slower than every other killer. Has to stalk for 10 seconds to get out of tier 1. Stalk slows michael down. Michael has no anti loop and no map pressure. Other examples is probably pig for being painfully obvious for a stealth killer. Old wraith was pretty bad because he moved at 120% while cloaked. Not having map pressure AND Anti loop is just a dead character at the highest level.

  • @TripleSteal said:

    I disagree. In my opinion, you are blaming your lack of competence on game mechanics.

    The share of matches that actually show you why M1 killers are bad against competent 5k+ hrs/each SWFs/comp teams is less than 1 in 100 trials you enter (due to current MM state). That's not often enough to make up for such an elaborated complaint.

    It can't always be the killer's fault. I know y'all like to chalk it up to that, regardless of the op saying "I'm rank 1 killer every season" or not, but it can't always be that they're just bad. There are 2 or 3 killers played in tournament, meaning every other killer is unviable. Those are tourneys, but they reflect what happens in the regular game when the strongest killers vs the strongest survivors: the killer usually loses.

  • That was a funny read

    Also very true, lol