Practically only when I'm looking for a key, and if the killer will not stop patrolling the area I'm trying to get to, so I need to do something productive
i usually do it if i have a specific chest perk like pharmacy, plunderers, ace in the hole.... or im just looking for a medkit. generally i dont waste time searching chests
Considering I run chest-builds often, I cannot resist a chest after I've seen it. There's been many times where I've gotten downed because I was greedy on trying to open it in time.
Despite this, I always feel like I'm being an unproductive POS if I choose a chest over a gen. Won't stop me though.
I loot them if it's safe to do so. Especially early/mid-game even if I have an item. I'll do this and leave the item there just in-case for late game when items are more needed, so either me or my teammates don't have to waste time opening a chest. It's already been opened, so the item can be quickly grabbed without wasting any extra time. Late game time is far far more valuable than early game time
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Every game actually.
Practically only when I'm looking for a key, and if the killer will not stop patrolling the area I'm trying to get to, so I need to do something productive
i usually do it if i have a specific chest perk like pharmacy, plunderers, ace in the hole.... or im just looking for a medkit. generally i dont waste time searching chests
Or only if I have the time. I don't usually do it early-game because I want Plunderer's users to get the most out of chests just in case.
only when someone is dying on the hook
If I see a chest and I don't have an item then yes I search it.
I can't pass a chest without looting it, I even try to do it when I'm playing killer :)
Considering I run chest-builds often, I cannot resist a chest after I've seen it. There's been many times where I've gotten downed because I was greedy on trying to open it in time.
Despite this, I always feel like I'm being an unproductive POS if I choose a chest over a gen. Won't stop me though.
If I see a chest 95% of the time I'll search it. Because you just never know it can be something that helps you survive!
I love them
I loot them if it's safe to do so. Especially early/mid-game even if I have an item. I'll do this and leave the item there just in-case for late game when items are more needed, so either me or my teammates don't have to waste time opening a chest. It's already been opened, so the item can be quickly grabbed without wasting any extra time. Late game time is far far more valuable than early game time
But I do run a chest build from time to time.
Hell yeah, if it stow, it go
Any chest I see I search.