New DS is amazing

I’ve used DS a lot ever since it got nerfed and I’ve been able to use it against killers that actually tunnel. I felt bad for running it before because there would be times the killer that was just trying to do their objective and still got hit with 59-second DS. Now, I don’t have to feel bad for running it and I’ll only be able to punish killers for actually playing scumming.

Also, I haven’t been hit with one DS while I played killer ever since the nerf. It’s because I try my best to not tunnel.

I gotta give BHVR credit where credit is due. The perk is in a good spot now as it will still be able to encourage healthy gameplay.

Comments

  • I actually like what they’ve done with it but I’d make one change to it

    Make it work on both hook stages even if used on the first. Why shouldn’t the killer be punished for tunnelling the same guy off both hooks?

  • @Phasmamain said:

    I actually like what they’ve done with it but I’d make one change to it

    Make it work on both hook stages even if used on the first. Why shouldn’t the killer be punished for tunnelling the same guy off both hooks?

    That is true

  • @Phasmamain said:

    I actually like what they’ve done with it but I’d make one change to it

    Make it work on both hook stages even if used on the first. Why shouldn’t the killer be punished for tunnelling the same guy off both hooks?

    Yep, it really should work on both states.

  • I like the change but I feel like it needs a tiny buff. Just something to help against tunnellers.

    Feel like it has too many counters that a pure tunneller can exploit.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    I like the change but I feel like it needs a tiny buff. Just something to help against tunnellers.

    Feel like it has too many counters that a pure tunneller can exploit.

    Yeah I feel like they could’ve made the timer pause in a chase but I’m not upset with the DS change in any way.

  • how can it be better? its statistically worse in every possible way

  • @swager21 said:

    how can it be better? its statistically worse in every possible way

    It’s better in terms of keeping wholesome killers’ sanity level up

  • I don't want it buffed just so it doesn't hurt the situations where someone NEEDS to be tunnelled out. Rn though I find it's in a good spot other than maybe endgame but that's a small issue.

  • The amount of D-Strikes has gone down for me. Even the games without obsession have increased.

    Don't know if its an overreaction because some survivors now have to actually think about what they do instead of relying on their 60s immunity or they start to adapt and play safer.

  • I have actually was able to use a new mindgame to trick killers into tunneling me to stun them. It's fun.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    I actually like what they’ve done with it but I’d make one change to it

    Make it work on both hook stages even if used on the first. Why shouldn’t the killer be punished for tunnelling the same guy off both hooks?

    I agree. Tunneling is Tunneling regardless of its the first hook or second hook. I think that's a fair trade off.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    I actually like what they’ve done with it but I’d make one change to it

    Make it work on both hook stages even if used on the first. Why shouldn’t the killer be punished for tunnelling the same guy off both hooks?

    Oh yes! I'd appreciate that! 👍️

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    I have actually was able to use a new mindgame to trick killers into tunneling me to stun them. It's fun.

    You fake doing a generator? 👀

  • A true tunneler will still come for you even if you ds them. They should make the stun longer or make it you can't see their scratch marks and pools of blood.

  • Yep. I would get my friend who was working on the gen to get off it to trick the killer into thinking I was working on it to get the stun.

    Unfortunately I haven't used ds in a long time and I forgot the button to hit the skillcheck and got hooked again. But it almost worked.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    I actually like what they’ve done with it but I’d make one change to it

    Make it work on both hook stages even if used on the first. Why shouldn’t the killer be punished for tunnelling the same guy off both hooks?

    Agreed since there are those who tunnel after the first stun. But since it's not abusable anymore I'd be fine with it.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2081142#Comment_2081142

    Yeah I feel like they could’ve made the timer pause in a chase but I’m not upset with the DS change in any way.

    The change they made was extremely good. Pausing it in a chase would be good.

    Personally I'd have DS be usable twice (1 per hook state) and have the timer paused while being chased. I get that some survivors can just do nothing and follow the killer around but if they're doing nothing then that's fine.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2081145#Comment_2081145

    The change they made was extremely good. Pausing it in a chase would be good.

    Personally I'd have DS be usable twice (1 per hook state) and have the timer paused while being chased. I get that some survivors can just do nothing and follow the killer around but if they're doing nothing then that's fine.

    They could make it so you can use it once per hook (so twice in a game) + not leave scratch mark & blood for 5s and I wouldn't mind because it's purpose is to prevent tunneling and survivor won't be able to abuse it.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    I actually like what they’ve done with it but I’d make one change to it

    Make it work on both hook stages even if used on the first. Why shouldn’t the killer be punished for tunnelling the same guy off both hooks?

    This idea is really good. DS is weak perk sadly right now. If they buff it like that, DS will be good perk again. I agree DS had to nerf but with 0 buff, it was unfair.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    I actually like what they’ve done with it but I’d make one change to it

    Make it work on both hook stages even if used on the first. Why shouldn’t the killer be punished for tunnelling the same guy off both hooks?

    I wouldn´t give DS the inbuild second hit. But instead i´d like to have a perk that increases the amount of uses, the one time use perks like DS and Unbreakable have.

  • I think most people don't understand what tunneling even means. If a killer really tunnels you, he does it till your dead. And nothing else. No perks will help you against that. Not the old DS, not the new one. Regarding to the enblems it's actually a strategy BHVR is supporting. The risk is very high that all gens will be done by that point tho, most likely killers who do that end up with 2k. If that means anything.

  • @celesteismore said:

    A true tunneler will still come for you even if you ds them. They should make the stun longer or make it you can't see their scratch marks and pools of blood.

    I agree

    l like this version because every killer that plays without the need for tunneling will no longer get cucked by it.

    but l feel it’s not going to do much against a true tunneler then timer should pause while in chase.

    but then again if it’s a true tunneler they are gonna eat DS anyway and just keep coming.

  • @GannTM said:

    I’ve used DS a lot ever since it got nerfed and I’ve been able to use it against killers that actually tunnel. I felt bad for running it before because there would be times the killer that was just trying to do their objective and still got hit with 59-second DS. Now, I don’t have to feel bad for running it and I’ll only be able to punish killers for actually playing scumming.

    Also, I haven’t been hit with one DS while I played killer ever since the nerf. It’s because I try my best to not tunnel.

    I gotta give BHVR credit where credit is due. The perk is in a good spot now as it will still be able to encourage healthy gameplay.

    To be fair, i dont run ds at all, and havnt run it before, but there has been a rise in tunneling, so it really is needed. I would like them to complete the Anti-tunneling-agenda of that perk by dropping the time limit as long as you dont progress the game in any way, as well as activating after every unhook. Would still only hit tunnelers, but would hit them a lot harder.

  • @BananaBlooD95 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2082090#Comment_2082090

    They could make it so you can use it once per hook (so twice in a game) + not leave scratch mark & blood for 5s and I wouldn't mind because it's purpose is to prevent tunneling and survivor won't be able to abuse it.

    Hiding scratch marks and blood would be quite good against tunnellers.

  • @Xzan said:

    The amount of D-Strikes has gone down for me. Even the games without obsession have increased.

    Don't know if its an overreaction because some survivors now have to actually think about what they do instead of relying on their 60s immunity or they start to adapt and play safer.

    Really? People don't use it anymore? What a surprise. The fact it's completely useless now might have influenced it. Maybe not. Probably not!

  • @Phasmamain said:

    I actually like what they’ve done with it but I’d make one change to it

    Make it work on both hook stages even if used on the first. Why shouldn’t the killer be punished for tunnelling the same guy off both hooks?

    This, plus a grace period of a few seconds would be good. You often don't realise you're going to be tunnelled until a short time after being unhooked, by which time you may have started trying to self heal, with the killer returning to hook shortly after you begin.

  • I think DS should deactivated if Survivor is fully healed, rather than healing.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    I actually like what they’ve done with it but I’d make one change to it

    Make it work on both hook stages even if used on the first. Why shouldn’t the killer be punished for tunnelling the same guy off both hooks?

    I have the same sentiment. If it’s an anti-tunnel perk, why should it punish tunnelling once? If you are being hard tunnelled you will die, no two ways about it. Why should you only get one usage off an anti-tunnel perk?

    Edit: as a matter of fact I made a post about this too

    @Judgement said:

    TL:DR at the top here because people seem to be misunderstanding: I’m only advocating for Decisive Strike to stay as it is now, except that it should be usable each time a Survivor gets unhooked. No other changes - make it two-use to make sure hard tunnellers do get punished for hard tunnelling.

    The fated Decisive Strike nerf, being inevitable, has finally come. The perk is, after five years of terrorising the Killer role, at long last balanced and not an insta-win button. It now serves its true purpose - anti-tunnel.

    But does it serve the anti-tunnel purpose enough? Let’s look at the perk as it is now;

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/UANMLJVZG34R/12f21f31-24c3-4f79-8dcf-b07074e6ad8f.jpeg

    Let’s take a look at that particular dotted point;

    • Succeeding or failing the skill check disables Decisive Strike

    What this means is that if you hit or if you miss the skill check, you cannot use Decisive Strike ever again for the entirety of the trial.

    Sure the perk is anti-tunnel, but is it anti-tunnel enough? I have read discussions, and been made aware of the fact myself, that if a Killer is really and truly tunnelling a Survivor, that Survivor will be killed. There are no two ways about it - they won’t let the Survivor go unless it’s by the Entity’s feral claws, or the team’s competency to protect them to escaping.

    A singular Decisive Strike proc won’t stop a Killer from tunnelling their one and only target. They’ll shake it off and get right back to it, they won’t let them go.

    So my idea for the buff. And please don’t reduce yourself to “survivor main trash” or whatever petty insults there are to give. I play the game for fun, I play both roles, I use Decisive Strike because I’m oftentimes found first and tunnelled, and I don’t have to fear Decisive Strike as the Killer because I don’t tunnel and the signs it’s still active are extremely obvious. I know there’s been so many out-of-proportion complaints about the nerf, but this isn’t one of them.

    Let Decisive Strike activate and be used each time the Survivor is unhooked. If a Killer is really and truly tunnelling a Survivor, should his victim really only get one single time to punish the Killer for it? If the Killer is hard tunnelling, the Survivor will die, so if anything the Killer should be further discouraged from doing it.

    Now that Decisive Strike deactivates when you progress the game - repair a generator, heal someone, unhook someone, do bones, etc - and is a true anti-tunnel perk, because if you were really being tunnelled you couldn’t do any of the above, then it should be active every time the Survivor gets unhooked, and usable both times they can be unhooked.

    I know, I know, the perk as a topic is a major issue and draws extreme contention, resulting in massive arguments about it. But what do you think about the idea? It won’t punish Killers who don’t actually tunnel - especially now the perk has finally been fixed - and will further punish Killers who actually do.

    Edit: wording and some spelling errors.

    edit2: People don’t seem to be understanding what I mean.

    1. The ‘skill check’ DS mentions is the one a Survivor gets when they are getting picked up. You succeed it you escape, you miss it you don’t, and either way you lose DS for the rest of the trial, unless you don’t press the button.
    2. The current DS deactivates when you interact with ANYTHING. It is nothing to do with skill checks on the thing you interact with - if you touch it, you lose immunity.
    3. I’m saying DS should be usable for each time the Survivor gets unhooked, rather than being a one and done perk, to fully discourage and punish tunnellers. It is nothing to do with getting a skill check on an interaction. I will add the TL;DR.


  • @C3Tooth said:

    I think DS should deactivated if Survivor is fully healed, rather than healing.

    Problem is people would just heal to 99% to abuse it and then tap self heal when needed. Maybe if they healed to 50/75%?

  • @CustomerService said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2081243#Comment_2081243

    Really? People don't use it anymore? What a surprise. The fact it's completely useless now might have influenced it. Maybe not. Probably not!

    You mean the fact, that it can't be abused.

  • You should clarify first, it can't be "abused" (you do overreact with how people abused it, it's a bit exaggerated) by solos. It only ruined solos even more, didn't affect SWF much. Solos was already the weakest role in this game to begin with.

  • @CustomerService said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2083390#Comment_2083390

    You should clarify first, it can't be "abused" (you do overreact with how people abused it, it's a bit exaggerated) by solos. It only ruined solos even more, didn't affect SWF much. Solos was already the weakest role in this game to begin with.

    As someone who plays solo queue a lot, I can tell you from my experience that DS is not the game changer for solos. It's bad teammates. I haven't used DS in ages and the amount of games where I would have gotten DS value is very low.

  • @Xzan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2083418#Comment_2083418

    As someone who plays solo queue a lot, I can tell you from my experience that DS is not the game changer for solos. It's bad teammates. I haven't used DS in ages and the amount of games where I would have gotten DS value is very low.

    Nah it's not any "game changer" that's true. But it did help me a bit and it was more useful to me than 99% of randoms. I'll take my old DS over 1 whole average survivor. My old DS at least gave me a bit of protection. That Claudette who crouches all game and escapes through hatch making 10k points including hatch and survival points gives me less value than DS.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    I actually like what they’ve done with it but I’d make one change to it

    Make it work on both hook stages even if used on the first. Why shouldn’t the killer be punished for tunnelling the same guy off both hooks?

    This. Then it finally would actually be an anti tunneling perk. Right now, it's just an attempt at anti tunneling.

  • Nothing needs changing.

  • @Harold_Shipman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2081123#Comment_2081123

    This, plus a grace period of a few seconds would be good. You often don't realise you're going to be tunnelled until a short time after being unhooked, by which time you may have started trying to self heal, with the killer returning to hook shortly after you begin.

    No, you shouldn't heal right after getting unhook and should try to find a hiding place.

  • I don't know if I agree that it should be usable off both hooks. Does it still give you the option to not press anything during the skill check to save it for another time?

  • @JordanMalicious said:

    I don't know if I agree that it should be usable off both hooks. Does it still give you the option to not press anything during the skill check to save it for another time?

    I don't know but honestly since they can't use it if they do ANY action it get situational and if you allow DS 2 uses who does it really hurt? Real tunneler and that's what the perk is for:hurting tunneler.