Tunneling is worse than ever!

Don't get me wrong tunneling is necessary sometimes , but with the new D's nerf , ever game I've played as survivor today (mostly for time) everybody's been tunneled to death, pleas make it so there allways an obsession so the tunneling problem goes down more

Comments

  • @youngjun said:

    It is strategy. Same as you "tunnel" gen. Okay?

    Why don't you do the gens equally? If you don't like tunneling, you have to do like that. Okay?

    This comparison makes no sense, survivors can't reasonably escape without doing gens, killers can, and always have been able to win without tunneling.

  • @Bumbus said:

    All that tunneling fuss sounds exactly like moaning "muh early game" after the Ruin nerf.

    You will adapt with time. Run kindred, run DS, run Iron Will and unhook safer. Get good at looping. There are many ways to make killer not tunnel you.

    I consider the ruin "nerf" a buff tbh

  • @CustomerService said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2063079#Comment_2063079

    It's not that it's "Not as powerful and omnipotent"... it's basically useless thus nobody ever uses it.

    Yeah .... no. It still protects you the same from direct off the hook tunneling. But unlike before you can't opt for game progression but instead tealth and looking for help/healing and other survivor to take the heat.

    If the killer slugs you off the hook it isn't different from the previous version.

    I would even give it self-heal back because if they survivor is healing directly under the hook they give the killer abundant time to find them without any effort.

  • It was to easy to avoid for experienced players before, not so much now

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067853#Comment_2067853

    It was to easy to avoid for experienced players before, not so much now

    It is still easy to avoid - just smash gens.

    Or do totem early - if old Ruin got cleansed after 1 minute of the game it worked for that one minute at least, new Ruin will be 100% useless if survivors didn't leave gens, which is quite possible because killer's map pressure is quite minor in early game.

  • Just put DS on.. JFC, people it's not that hard.

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2063108#Comment_2063108

    It happens pretty often rn, I've had 7/10 of the games have tunneling, only seen 1 trickster tho a shame tbh

    I've had 20 + games and can guarantee most of those have been the trickster... not bad considering everyone hated him yesterday ๐Ÿ˜‚ I've been tunnelled and sandbagged all day. However, the killer eventually rage quit because 3 gens then popped all the time he was wasting chasing me. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ its a game play and it's irritating. But always remember if you're continuously chased, they're wasting the own time on the patrol round gens and more at risk the other 3 escaping because he or she focused on the chase... I don't mind being chased but don't rage quit because you're 3 gens down and complain about it and get salty afterwards to those you can who's chats available. ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • Bring DS, problem solved.

    Seriously though, if you want to nerf tunneling, gen speed nerf or gen kicks buff are necessary to balance out.

    Killers tunnel because they have to.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066712#Comment_2066712

    Whether you queue solo or with friends, if you do so as a survivor, you have 3 teammates, that's just how the game is designed.

    And again you ascribe a motive that just doesn't really exist. Killers are very unlikely to tunnel just because they got stunned, believe it or not people who play killer tend to understand the mechanics of the game just as well as, if not more than the average Survivor main. They tunnel to build pressure and get better odds to play against.

    So three things.

    1 please recognize that as Survivor, you play on a team, maybe if you are a team player, they will be as well.

    2. Don't take it personally that the killer realized 3v1 is a lot easier than 4v1 and so tunneled a survivor out. By all means do everything you can to stop it, being taking protection hits, flashlight or pallet stunning the killer, or just leaving extra scratch marks to confuse during the chase, but please stop taking things personally.

    3. Always struggle, don't just ######### on hook, that lowers your score and helps make your team lose.

    Ummm it seems as if you have ascribed motives to me that are simply just not there. I am a team player, in fact I am so much a team player I have shown other players the hatch near the end of the game then taken aggro so they can jump in. I spend most of my games running around unhooking because tunneling DOES exist so much. I never take this game personally so I have no idea where that came from? I understand that human nature for some people dictates win at all costs even if that means something like consistent and never-ending tunneling to win. I do struggle on the hook when it is feasible, which it is not in most matches is because the killer is standing right next to me. If the killer is camping I do struggle to help my teammates out so I can take up as much of the camping killers time. So, in effect most of your rebuttable seems like you didnt spend a lot of time reading,,,truly reading, what I wrote. But, if people want to pretend like tunneling and camping isnt a problem then cool with me.

  • @sesawyer3127 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067516#Comment_2067516

    Ummm it seems as if you have ascribed motives to me that are simply just not there. I am a team player, in fact I am so much a team player I have shown other players the hatch near the end of the game then taken aggro so they can jump in. I spend most of my games running around unhooking because tunneling DOES exist so much. I never take this game personally so I have no idea where that came from? I understand that human nature for some people dictates win at all costs even if that means something like consistent and never-ending tunneling to win. I do struggle on the hook when it is feasible, which it is not in most matches is because the killer is standing right next to me. If the killer is camping I do struggle to help my teammates out so I can take up as much of the camping killers time. So, in effect most of your rebuttable seems like you didnt spend a lot of time reading,,,truly reading, what I wrote. But, if people want to pretend like tunneling and camping isnt a problem then cool with me.

    From the following statements, phone is acting up, so I have to copy and paste, and will use quotation marks where appropriate.

    "First, I play solo so I have no one helping me so there goes that argument."

    That reads like you are claiming that you don't have any teammates because you queued solo. I play solo 95% of the time I play Survivor, so I know better.

    "because I will struggle on the hook (where I normally do not ever)"

    That reads like you generally suicide on 2nd hook. Not a team player move.

    "When a killer hooks one survivor because they didnt like how we pallet stunned them or lead them on a long chase so they tunnel like its cool"

    Finally this reads a whole lot like you are ascribing a motive to the killer, who you don't know and have no real way of communicating with mid-match. As I said before, most killer players don't tunnel because they are upset at a pallet stun or chase, but because they have to kill 4 people, so they may as well start with who they can catch.

    If I read these wrong, feel free to correct me, but that is the implication I received both the first time I read this yesterday, as well as just now when I went back to see what I had replied to.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2070178#Comment_2070178

    From the following statements, phone is acting up, so I have to copy and paste, and will use quotation marks where appropriate.

    "First, I play solo so I have no one helping me so there goes that argument."

    That reads like you are claiming that you don't have any teammates because you queued solo. I play solo 95% of the time I play Survivor, so I know better.

    "because I will struggle on the hook (where I normally do not ever)"

    That reads like you generally suicide on 2nd hook. Not a team player move.

    "When a killer hooks one survivor because they didnt like how we pallet stunned them or lead them on a long chase so they tunnel like its cool"

    Finally this reads a whole lot like you are ascribing a motive to the killer, who you don't know and have no real way of communicating with mid-match. As I said before, most killer players don't tunnel because they are upset at a pallet stun or chase, but because they have to kill 4 people, so they may as well start with who they can catch.

    If I read these wrong, feel free to correct me, but that is the implication I received both the first time I read this yesterday, as well as just now when I went back to see what I had replied to.

    Sorry brother you just inferred a lot from my comments that were never there.

  • @sesawyer3127 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2070242#Comment_2070242

    Sorry brother you just inferred a lot from my comments that were never there.

    Ok, so what, specifically did you mean? Do you suicide on 2nd hook state a lot? Do you feel like you have teammates?

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2070260#Comment_2070260

    Ok, so what, specifically did you mean? Do you suicide on 2nd hook state a lot? Do you feel like you have teammates?

    I do not run with a team because I do not play the game enough. I do my fair share as a team mate when I play solo,,,in fact I do more than my fair share, it just gets old sometimes when I cant play the game because some freaking red rank killer wants to tunnel and camp. I see the names of the killers at the end and I remember them,,,they are all the same red rank killers doing it,,,why? I help out by carrying BT and never run for a hooked survivor with the killer in tow thats just dumb. But, I do save, in fact thats all I do now in solo survivor games. Because the killer is tunneling and camping. It makes the game crap for me, I never get to do gens because someone is rage quitting or not even struggling on the hook, they are just dying. If I am the one who is tunneled and camped and no one is coming for me I will struggle to try and keep the killer next to me to waste as much time as I can so they can finish gens. I dont get what is not team playing in that??? I have lost so many pips and de-ranked from 4 to 6 in two days because this happens to much.

  • @sesawyer3127 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2070266#Comment_2070266

    I do not run with a team because I do not play the game enough. I do my fair share as a team mate when I play solo,,,in fact I do more than my fair share, it just gets old sometimes when I cant play the game because some freaking red rank killer wants to tunnel and camp. I see the names of the killers at the end and I remember them,,,they are all the same red rank killers doing it,,,why? I help out by carrying BT and never run for a hooked survivor with the killer in tow thats just dumb. But, I do save, in fact thats all I do now in solo survivor games. Because the killer is tunneling and camping. It makes the game crap for me, I never get to do gens because someone is rage quitting or not even struggling on the hook, they are just dying. If I am the one who is tunneled and camped and no one is coming for me I will struggle to try and keep the killer next to me to waste as much time as I can so they can finish gens. I dont get what is not team playing in that??? I have lost so many pips and de-ranked from 4 to 6 in two days because this happens to much.

    Thank you for the clarification.

    I wouldn't play solo Survivor until the tantrum is over, I believe I already mentioned that in a different thread to you, so I won't repeat myself here.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2070300#Comment_2070300

    Thank you for the clarification.

    I wouldn't play solo Survivor until the tantrum is over, I believe I already mentioned that in a different thread to you, so I won't repeat myself here.

    Yeah thats pretty much what I have been doing. I dont like playing killer but am trying to it to see it from the other side.

  • @sesawyer3127 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2070307#Comment_2070307

    Yeah thats pretty much what I have been doing. I dont like playing killer but am trying to it to see it from the other side.

    The more you play killer, the better you'll do as Survivor. I know it seems trite, but it's true. Or, if you want to look at it my way. You paid 100% of the money, play 100% of the game :) either way, good luck!

  • @TooFunny said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2070327#Comment_2070327

    Have a cold beer first. Might help numb the pain ๐Ÿ˜œ

    Best advice I have heard in a long time lol.

1 2 โ€บ