i would have had more interest in this chapter if it came with a map.

one of the most disappointing chapters imo. why put a cool menu screen if it doesn't come with a map.?

honestly, a map for this chapter would have been phenomenal. a stage/studio map would have made me want to play. it just doesn't make sense for this killer/survivor to not come with a map.

i have no interest in the trickster because i just don't like kpop. i like the survivor though. but she isn't enough to make me want to buy her or play her since i have everything on someone else already.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I've felt the same about Blight and Twins chapters too. The lack of new map to go with the chapter is pretty disappointing.

  • I agree, but i hope they release every map they skipped once the reworks is over

  • Don't expect a new one any time soon; they're in the middle of the realm beyond graphical updates, so they'll probably do renovations first, new maps later.

  • @ShamelessPigMain said:

    Don't expect a new one any time soon; they're in the middle of the realm beyond graphical updates, so they'll probably do renovations first, new maps later.

    Tbh I expect a new one soon, I asked in the QnA when a new one was to come, this was a few months ago, and they said "SoonTM" so they said it themselves.

  • @ShamelessPigMain said:

    Don't expect a new one any time soon; they're in the middle of the realm beyond graphical updates, so they'll probably do renovations first, new maps later.

    I have never been more convinced that if the next killer does not come with a map the player base will shrink rapidly.

  • @PassarinoT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061589#Comment_2061589

    Tbh I expect a new one soon, I asked in the QnA when a new one was to come, this was a few months ago, and they said "SoonTM" so they said it themselves.

    A new map, or a new realm?

  • Very true. I would’ve been fine if they reworked a map. But nope we got nothing and I’m just playing Final Famtasy VII 🥲

  • I said map, and they replied to that saying soon, not sure exactly how they'll twist that into their own terms but that's all.

  • It's hugely disappointing that this chapter did not get a new map. The color scheme in the lobby with the neon and stuff, it's great, it would've made for a really awesome map. They could've done a dance club or something. But nope, we got a new survivor and a meme killer, and they're never going to go back and add a new map for an old chapter, so this is it, a totally lackluster release.

  • @PassarinoT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2062398#Comment_2062398

    I said map, and they replied to that saying soon, not sure exactly how they'll twist that into their own terms but that's all.

    Well a new map is probably just a new renovation. A new realm is like when they add a new group of maps for a killer.

  • @ShamelessPigMain said:

    Don't expect a new one any time soon; they're in the middle of the realm beyond graphical updates, so they'll probably do renovations first, new maps later.

    Yeah when nobody can remember Twins, and NotaTrickster

  • Agreed, we need a new map, not just reworks of existing ones.

  • They cannot balance the maps we DO have and you guys want more?!

    I would like the maps we have had for 4+ years to be balanced. Haddonfield and Coldwind are relics.

  • @ShamelessPigMain said:

    Don't expect a new one any time soon; they're in the middle of the realm beyond graphical updates, so they'll probably do renovations first, new maps later.

    What’s worse is that they didn’t even rework any maps this chapter

  • A new map would be cool...

    but I’m fully invested on the idea of using that creation time to un-fudge already existing maps, tyvm.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061589#Comment_2061589

    What’s worse is that they didn’t even rework any maps this chapter

    Well, they did a rework last midchapter. They already had to delay Trickster, so they probably just didn't have time. I guess we'll be looking forward to a new rework this midchapter; I heard it's Billy's maps.

  • @ShamelessPigMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2062503#Comment_2062503

    Well a new map is probably just a new renovation. A new realm is like when they add a new group of maps for a killer.

    Not necessarily, they've expanded on previous realms, they meant they were going to be adding new maps "soonTM" not just reworking. Idk when that'll be but we'll see.

  • New maps are usually what I mostly look for because they can show up independently of whoever you're playing as/going against.

  • @Nazeef13 said:

    I agree. Especially as a survivor player, these DLC's dont bring much. At least killers get a brand new killer, with new design, new powers, new animations, new add-ons. Survivors get a new survivor skin with a new voice, and three pretty meh perks.

    don't hype trickster that much lol


    he isn't that great

  • @EvanRaven said:

    one of the most disappointing chapters imo. why put a cool menu screen if it doesn't come with a map.?

    honestly, a map for this chapter would have been phenomenal. a stage/studio map would have made me want to play. it just doesn't make sense for this killer/survivor to not come with a map.

    i have no interest in the trickster because i just don't like kpop. i like the survivor though. but she isn't enough to make me want to buy her or play her since i have everything on someone else already.

    No new map shouldn’t surprise anyone. The devs have been far from secretive. They’ve repeatedly stated there won’t be any new map additions to this game until they’ve finished reworking all the old realm maps.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/238275/i-would-have-had-more-interest-in-this-chapter-if-it-came-with-a-map

    No new map shouldn’t surprise anyone. The devs have been far from secretive. They’ve repeatedly stated there won’t be any new map additions to this game until they’ve finished reworking all the old realm maps.

    a604e8415dd70d0c30441067d7694d48.gif

    Just because they've decided on something doesn't mean it's the right decision.

    I don't notice too much of a difference between most maps (except Lerys). The asset update, such as gens, was good enough for me.

    But we're in desperate need of new realms and maps. The gameplay has gotten so stale without them

  • Might honestly have been an eyesore, with all the bright neon purple.

    But i still am curious what it'd be like.

    Same for Blight, i'd love to see all these weird puss plants as a regular aesthetic of a map.

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2080343#Comment_2080343

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/VFLY0TE5THKG/a604e8415dd70d0c30441067d7694d48.gif

    Just because they've decided on something doesn't mean it's the right decision.

    I don't notice too much of a difference between most maps (except Lerys). The asset update, such as gens, was good enough for me.

    But we're in desperate need of new realms and maps. The gameplay has gotten so stale without them

    LOL that literally was my reaction too, I want a new map so bad. A whole Map covered in Pusulas flowers, and that speaks Blight. Or a 16th century village, with a church maybe. But this chapter gave the biggest middle finger to those who wanted new maps, this looks like something straight out of CyberPunk, and I love it, but no we decide not to do so.

  • Pretty new places to play don’t pay the bills.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2080497#Comment_2080497

    LOL that literally was my reaction too, I want a new map so bad. A whole Map covered in Pusulas flowers, and that speaks Blight. Or a 16th century village, with a church maybe. But this chapter gave the biggest middle finger to those who wanted new maps, this looks like something straight out of CyberPunk, and I love it, but no we decide not to do so.

    Was so looking forward to a Felix map! The description from the lore of the island with old victorian houses and caves sounded so cool and I'm gutted we likely will never get it...

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2080528#Comment_2080528

    Was so looking forward to a Felix map! The description from the lore of the island with old victorian houses and caves sounded so cool and I'm gutted we likely will never get it...

    WHy did this make me think of Agatha Christie's 'And then there were none'

  • Realm beyond 1: Yamaoka & Springwood. 1st Sep 2020

    Realm beyond 2: MacMillan. 20th Oct 2020 (50 days from RB1)

    Realm beyond 3: AutoHeaven & Ormond. 30th Nov 2020 (40 days from RB2)

    Realm beyond 4: Game & Crotus. 8th Feb2020 (70 days from RB3)

    From BY4 to current day: 55 days

    Next mid chap update is around 6 weeks from new chapter. Which is around 11th May.

  • @KateDunson said:

    I agree, but i hope they release every map they skipped once the reworks is over

    Devs already said Blight and Twins likely won't get their own map.