How do you disable the censor?

Please tell me there's a way to disable it. It's too annoying and oversensitive.

Other people can have their game censored if they want. But there should be a way to opt out of it. The game is rated M ffs...

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • @th3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060560#Comment_2060560

    I actually have used the new system and read the comments. In my opinion if you don't want the game to be censored you support being racist and homophobic towards other players. Cheers.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060561#Comment_2060561

    They did say the censored word list can be adjusted and tweaked to not be overbearing but assuming as a first time rollout to live servers its better to be too overbearing rather than too little. I'm not saying it doesn't need to be adjusted but flat out removed is a no no.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060569#Comment_2060569

    Better that its too overturned rather than not enough. Besides they can adjust it from their side really easily. Straight up removing is a no deal and if you want it straight up removed you support that sort of bigotry.

    Yeah, no that's not how bigotry even comes close to working.

    It should be removed till it works correctly, and if chat is really this big of a problem BHVR should just remove chat entirely.

  • I don't think you can remove the censer from Plagues hand.

  • @Buckoben said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060636#Comment_2060636

    Yeah, no that's not how bigotry even comes close to working.

    It should be removed till it works correctly, and if chat is really this big of a problem BHVR should just remove chat entirely.

    It's fine as is. I prefer a system to be too overbearing on release and it looks like they took the cautious route of censoring a wider array of hostile, racist, homphobic, and disgusting language. It does its job too well. I much prefer the new system since it prevents people from being vile while still allowing people to chat. They just need to refine it since it obviously isn't perfect.


    But if you want it straight up removed I can't see why unless you support saying racist, homophobic, disgusting things to other people.

  • @th3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060655#Comment_2060655

    It's fine as is. I prefer a system to be too overbearing on release and it looks like they took the cautious route of censoring a wider array of hostile, racist, homphobic, and disgusting language. It does its job too well. I much prefer the new system since it prevents people from being vile while still allowing people to chat. They just need to refine it since it obviously isn't perfect.

    But if you want it straight up removed I can't see why unless you support saying racist, homophobic, disgusting things to other people.

    Just because it's something you would do doesn't mean you should project onto others.

    I would prefer chat to removed entirely.

  • @Buckoben said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060677#Comment_2060677

    Just because it's something you would do doesn't mean you should project onto others.

    I would prefer it be removed entirely.

    So you support racism, homophobia, and all the disgusting things that this filter hides?

  • @th3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060686#Comment_2060686

    So you support racism, homophobia, and all the disgusting things that this filter hides?

    Read the edited post.

    Stop projecting and go back to twitter.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    I don't think you can opt out of it sorry.

    It's so stupid, I didn't ask to have a safe space so I should get to see everything typed. I'm not against people having the option to have it on, but forcing it on us is confusing, especially in the context of a game that includes brutal murder as a key theme. Plus this makes it easier to see when people say key words that explicitly should get people banned from the games, rather than keeping us guessing what they said. We all know that they don't actually monitor the chat in itself, so nothing will happen without a report that they keep telling us works when all the evidence claims otherwise.

  • @th3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060686#Comment_2060686

    So you support racism, homophobia, and all the disgusting things that this filter hides?

    Yes. I support Michael Myers (something that this filter hides).

  • @Buckoben said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060689#Comment_2060689

    Read the edited post.

    Stop projecting and go back to twitter.

    Nah thats a cesspool I never cared about. Besides don't need to project when you want a chat filter removed which hides disgusting language.

    @Zixology said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060689#Comment_2060689

    Yes. I support Michael Myers (something that this filter hides).

    I think I said somewhere up above that its fine if its overbearing when it comes out since its better that than not doing enough. They can change it faster on their end to make sure words like Michael Myers or "this game is dumb" aren't censored.

  • @th3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060693#Comment_2060693

    Nah thats a cesspool I never cared about. Besides don't need to project when you want a chat filter removed which hides disgusting language.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060719#Comment_2060719

    I think I said somewhere up above that its fine if its overbearing when it comes out since its better that than not doing enough. They can change it faster on their end to make sure words like Michael Myers or "this game is dumb" aren't censored.

    Re read the post where I said I want chat removed entirely.

    Also you should probably avoid using same exact talking points as twitter then.

    I can't imagine thinking like you 24/7.

    Please stop trying to poison the well the adults are talking.

  • @Buckoben said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060756#Comment_2060756

    Re read the post where I said I want chat removed entirely.

    Also you should probably avoid using same exact talking points as twitter then.

    Imagine thinking like you 24/7.

    Only need to think this way on the forums so I get convos like these with people like you. Besides its fun.

    Also maybe try reading the content of my posts before being a smoothbrain

    "They did say the censored word list can be adjusted and tweaked to not be overbearing but assuming as a first time rollout to live servers its better to be too overbearing rather than too little. I'm not saying it doesn't need to be adjusted but flat out removed is a no no."

  • @th3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060773#Comment_2060773

    Only need to think this way on the forums so I get convos like these with people like you. Besides its fun.

    Also maybe try reading the content of my posts before being a smoothbrain

    "They did say the censored word list can be adjusted and tweaked to not be overbearing but assuming as a first time rollout to live servers its better to be too overbearing rather than too little. I'm not saying it doesn't need to be adjusted but flat out removed is a no no."

    Ah man you gotta wait for me to edit my post man because all you're doing all poisoning the well.

    Doesn't matter if you believe "They did say the censored word list can be adjusted and tweaked to not be overbearing but assuming as a first time rollout to live servers its better to be too overbearing rather than too little. I'm not saying it doesn't need to be adjusted but flat out removed is a no no."

    If you believe everyone who disagrees with you is racist.

    which you do "Straight up removing is a no deal and if you want it straight up removed you support that sort of bigotry."

    And you say you don't go on twitter LOL.

  • Forcing a filter in a game designed around murdering innocent teenagers is kind of like watching an X-rated film where they blur out the male's privates. But only the male's privates.

    Give me back my penis.

  • Toggle option please. This is a M rated game, I'd rather not have a chat filter more sensitive than an average Fortnite stream.

  • @Buckoben said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060791#Comment_2060791

    Ah man you gotta wait for me to edit my post man because all your doing all poisoning the well.

    Doesn't matter if you believe "They did say the censored word list can be adjusted and tweaked to not be overbearing but assuming as a first time rollout to live servers its better to be too overbearing rather than too little. I'm not saying it doesn't need to be adjusted but flat out removed is a no no."

    If you believe everyone who disagrees with you is racist.

    which you do "Straight up removing is a no deal and if you want it straight up removed you support that sort of bigotry."

    I'm not editing anything lol gotta drink from these waters in the first place.

    Check my posts I've been consistent since I believe if you don't want the filter you <insert prerogative here>. I do think if you don't want the chat filter then something is wrong with you (the racist kind of wrong). I merely pointed out my belief that it was over tuned but doesn't need to be removed. Go through and see if I've edited anything unlike your own posts.

  • @th3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060800#Comment_2060800

    I'm not editing anything lol gotta drink from these waters in the first place.

    Check my posts I've been consistent since I believe if you don't want the filter you <insert prerogative here>. I do think if you don't want the chat filter then something is wrong with you (the racist kind of wrong). I merely pointed out my belief that it was over tuned but doesn't need to be removed. Go through and see if I've edited anything unlike your own posts.

    Reading comprehension missing...

    Running script... Deflect.

    Every single mention of editing has been about me editing posts.

    For someone who wants everyone to read their entire post about how racist everyone else is. You certainly didn't take the time to read mine.

  • @Buckoben said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060833#Comment_2060833

    Reading comprehension missing...

    Running script... Deflect.

    Every single mention of editing has been about me editing posts.

    For someone who wants everyone to read their entire post about how racist everyone else is. You certainly didn't take the time to read mine.

    "It's fine as is. I prefer a system to be too overbearing on release and it looks like they took the cautious route of censoring a wider array of hostile, racist, homphobic, and disgusting language. It does its job too well. I much prefer the new system since it prevents people from being vile while still allowing people to chat. They just need to refine it since it obviously isn't perfect.


    But if you want it straight up removed I can't see why unless you support saying racist, homophobic, disgusting things to other people."

    "Better that its too overturned rather than not enough. Besides they can adjust it from their side really easily. Straight up removing is a no deal and if you want it straight up removed you support that sort of bigotry."

    Why else would someone want a chat filter gone?

  • @th3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060849#Comment_2060849

    "It's fine as is. I prefer a system to be too overbearing on release and it looks like they took the cautious route of censoring a wider array of hostile, racist, homphobic, and disgusting language. It does its job too well. I much prefer the new system since it prevents people from being vile while still allowing people to chat. They just need to refine it since it obviously isn't perfect.

    But if you want it straight up removed I can't see why unless you support saying racist, homophobic, disgusting things to other people."

    "Better that its too overturned rather than not enough. Besides they can adjust it from their side really easily. Straight up removing is a no deal and if you want it straight up removed you support that sort of bigotry."

    Why else would someone want a chat filter gone?

    Dude your poisoning of the well is so deep not a single person is going to be able to have a normal conversation with you.

    Go re read my posts as I have said multiple times at this point I would want chat turned off completely.

    But again all your doing is deflecting and arguing with a strawman.

  • @Xpljesus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2059759#Comment_2059759

    please consider changing this - when terms like 'face camp' some actual genuine natural conversation are censored, it goes WAY too far. Can't even have a proper genuine friendly discussion post game chat anymore without stuff being blocked out.

    Because there is no need to tell the killer he facecamped, he already knows it and the survivors. This stops unnecessary complaining since it's not against the rules anyway. If they censor "GG" then ok that would be strange but "camping" or "tunneling" no need for these words to be allowed and used.

    Still best is to not allow any chat then gone is the toxic behavior finally and people will just learn to deal with losing without being able to attack anyone.

  • @Buckoben said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060528#Comment_2060528

    The bot is censoring words like Myers.

    It's is incredibly over tuned to the point where normal conversation will be illegible.

    That's not most people's arguments. If it was, they wouldn't mention things like "I thought this was an M rated game?"

  • @Mandy said:

    You cannot opt out of the chat filter, it's on by default for all users.

    This is dumb. I can't here punchlines to people telling Chris Rock jokes anymore. You are silencing black voices.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060569#Comment_2060569

    That's not most people's arguments. If it was, they would mention things like "I thought this was an M rated game?"

    But that doesn't matter as it's MY argument.

    If you want to debate the people with that argument they are in the thread.

  • @Buckoben said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061024#Comment_2061024

    But that doesn't matter as it's MY argument.

    If you want to debate the people with that argument they are in the thread.

    Why remove it completely though? I'm sure they can fix it so it doesn't have those issues and if that means that normal chat isn't really possible for a patch or two, so what? Console hasn't had a chat feature for the entirety of its existence.

  • Here that fellas? THEY will decide what you are allowed to read post chat lol. Just trust bhvr to make the right choices for you...you don't know any better just let them handle it. KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE. Glad I quit this game, nothing annoys me more than some random person thinking they know what I can and cant handle.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061051#Comment_2061051

    Why remove it completely though? I'm sure they can fix it so it doesn't have those issues and if that means that normal chat isn't really possible for a patch or two, so what? Console hasn't had a chat feature for the entirety of its existence.

    I'm saying that if BHVR has to go through with this they are better of getting rid of it then the post game chat being illegible as they would be functionally the same.

  • @Mandy said:

    You cannot opt out of the chat filter, it's on by default for all users.

    but why?

  • why is the filter not optional? this boggles my ######### mind

  • @th3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060560#Comment_2060560

    I actually have used the new system and read the comments. In my opinion if you don't want the game to be censored you support being racist and homophobic towards other players. Cheers.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060561#Comment_2060561

    They did say the censored word list can be adjusted and tweaked to not be overbearing but assuming as a first time rollout to live servers its better to be too overbearing rather than too little. I'm not saying it doesn't need to be adjusted but flat out removed is a no no.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060569#Comment_2060569

    Better that its too overturned rather than not enough. Besides they can adjust it from their side really easily. Straight up removing is a no deal and if you want it straight up removed you support that sort of bigotry.

    If wanting to have a normal conversation in which I don't see stars instead of words like "down" makes me a racist, homophobe and all the other things you said, yes I will gladly declare myself racist and homophobe. I am happy to know that you like an overtuned filter. If I write "f uck you Myers" the output will be "f uck you *****". Does this seem to you how it should work?

    I was never and I am not a sensitive person. If you take curse words seriously in the online area, you clearly should consider growing harder skin.

    Also, I didn't test this out yet, but if let's say you have a very good friend and you are by chance gay, will you get censored if you come out to him? I didn't know comming outs were homophobia from the gay person's part.

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060636#Comment_2060636

    If wanting to have a normal conversation in which I don't see stars instead of words like "down" makes me a racist, homophobe and all the other things you said, yes I will gladly declare myself racist and homophobe. I am happy to know that you like an overtuned filter. If I write "f uck you Myers" the output will be "f uck you *****". Does this seem to you how it should work?

    I was never and I am not a sensitive person. If you take curse words seriously in the online area, you clearly should consider growing harder skin.

    Also, I didn't test this out yet, but if let's say you have a very good friend and you are by chance gay, will you get censored if you come out to him? I didn't know comming outs were homophobia from the gay person's part.

    1. Just ignore my acknowledgements that it is overbearing and needs to be adjusted. Also "meghead" "this game is dumb" are also censored.
    2. I didn't say anything about cuss words unless you consider racism and homophobic slurs to be cuss words.
    3. Don't understand that last part, why would I come out inside a video game to a friend. What a weird thing to bring up.
  • @Mandy said:

    You cannot opt out of the chat filter, it's on by default for all users.

    its not on by default we cant turn it off

  • @th3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2062288#Comment_2062288

    1. Just ignore my acknowledgements that it is overbearing and needs to be adjusted. Also "meghead" "this game is dumb" are also censored.
    2. I didn't say anything about cuss words unless you consider racism and homophobic slurs to be cuss words.
    3. Don't understand that last part, why would I come out inside a video game to a friend. What a weird thing to bring up.

    By your logic the words “he” and “she” should be banned. You might be misgendering someone.

  • @th3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2062288#Comment_2062288

    1. Just ignore my acknowledgements that it is overbearing and needs to be adjusted. Also "meghead" "this game is dumb" are also censored.
    2. I didn't say anything about cuss words unless you consider racism and homophobic slurs to be cuss words.
    3. Don't understand that last part, why would I come out inside a video game to a friend. What a weird thing to bring up.

    For 3: I, myself, always chat all kinds of stuff with my friends in dbd, and many times things can go in a strange direction. There are hundreds of situations when you could use gay as a non-offensive word.

    Also, in my 990 hours of dbd, spent since 25.12.2016, I only saw a racial slur 2-3 times. Never saw any homophobic statements, just curse words. With which I have 0 problems.

    But now I can't enjoy the endgame chat without Yun-Jin being censored.

  • @Mandy said:

    There might be an option to turn it off in the future @onemind but for right now this is not currently planned, we are monitoring the chat filter though and making adjustments as we go if need be.

    Have you considered treating your adult playerbase with basic respect and decency instead of this unneeded condescending coddling? Give us the option to turn it off.

  • @th3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060849#Comment_2060849

    "It's fine as is. I prefer a system to be too overbearing on release and it looks like they took the cautious route of censoring a wider array of hostile, racist, homphobic, and disgusting language. It does its job too well. I much prefer the new system since it prevents people from being vile while still allowing people to chat. They just need to refine it since it obviously isn't perfect.

    But if you want it straight up removed I can't see why unless you support saying racist, homophobic, disgusting things to other people."

    "Better that its too overturned rather than not enough. Besides they can adjust it from their side really easily. Straight up removing is a no deal and if you want it straight up removed you support that sort of bigotry."

    Why else would someone want a chat filter gone?

    You are utter scum, the way you label people as racists or homophobes over literally nothing takes all power out of the terms - by your definition of these, I would call myself a proud racist and homophobe, as I imagine any normal person would. All you do is give a shield to the real racists and homophobes when your incredibly loose definition of the term takes all power out of it and applies it to innocent people tenfold.

  • Has anyone checked if there's a value we can change in the GameUserSettints doc?

    Please allow us to toggle this off/on.

  • I hope Ash gets censored as he says a naughty word which my family friendly pg 13 ears can't bear to hear :(

  • @FearlessHunter said:

    I hope Ash gets censored as he says a naughty word which my family friendly pg 13 ears can't bear to hear :(

    There's a difference. Someone in chat has the ability to say something farrrr worse then just the singular word Ash uses.

  • @Zixology said:

    So how long until the game is E for everyone?

    Agreed! There are already a bunch of kids playing. The rating is effectively meaningless at this time.

  • @th3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060849#Comment_2060849

    "It's fine as is. I prefer a system to be too overbearing on release and it looks like they took the cautious route of censoring a wider array of hostile, racist, homphobic, and disgusting language. It does its job too well. I much prefer the new system since it prevents people from being vile while still allowing people to chat. They just need to refine it since it obviously isn't perfect.

    But if you want it straight up removed I can't see why unless you support saying racist, homophobic, disgusting things to other people."

    "Better that its too overturned rather than not enough. Besides they can adjust it from their side really easily. Straight up removing is a no deal and if you want it straight up removed you support that sort of bigotry."

    Why else would someone want a chat filter gone?

    Then you keep it on, and let me turn it off.

  • @Mandy said:

    You cannot opt out of the chat filter, it's on by default for all users.

    let me say cum you cowards

1 2 ›