Anyone feeling alil stress when joining killer?

Idk like , every time i click the killer icon i felt a lil stressed or even more for some reason lol ( and i didnt join a match yet!)


does anyone get that feeling sometimes to the point they don’t want to play killer lol but when switched to survivor all the sudden the stress is gone !..

Comments

  • Yeah killer is just way more stressful. Not only are a lot of the killers quite weak but protecting gens is stressful imo

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    Yeah killer is just way more stressful. Not only are a lot of the killers quite weak but protecting gens is stressful imo

    protecting gens its like a job itself lol specially at red forest map so huge . Its like just take a train to the other gen do ur task as fast as you can and another gen popped even if u knocked down a survivor in a 10 sec chase lol.

  • Although I don't when clicking killer, I do when I load into a lobby and see someone on the same console as me while playing killer. I hate the toxicity that can sometimes happen.

  • As a killer your always active Survivors have gen time healing time ect where you dont have to be 100% just listen for heart beats and look at spinechill or whatever. kinda like down time where you can analyze the situation. of course that changes a bit after 2k lol

    or course as a survivor your prone to get a nose itch while skill checking

  • I read this a lot, it's why nobody wants to play killer.

  • Not really if u low your bar, especially when u r using a trash tier killer. But after 5 min match and 4e is still frustrating, I expect 1 kill when I use trash tier killers.

  • It's a bit daunting. Do your job or get taunted by your opponents lol.

  • @pennythewise said:

    Idk like , every time i click the killer icon i felt a lil stressed or even more for some reason lol ( and i didnt join a match yet!)

    does anyone get that feeling sometimes to the point they don’t want to play killer lol but when switched to survivor all the sudden the stress is gone !..

    Not really. Nowadays I just sit on the roster looking at the killers and realising that I don't really want to play any of them. Either because I don't have the perks I want that compliment their power and don't want to grind, or I just find their power boring. Then I inevitably pick either Doc or Blight.

  • Pressing the button? Not at all, I just click it then usually tab out until I hear I've loaded into the match to be honest.

    In-game, sometimes if it's a challenging match. But at least for me it's the expected kind of stress that comes with playing 1 vs 4, you're often gonna have quite a few things to keep you busy. Again, this is my experience. I don't care if people don't believe it for some reason and I understand if it's different for others.

  • @pennythewise said:

    Idk like , every time i click the killer icon i felt a lil stressed or even more for some reason lol ( and i didnt join a match yet!)

    does anyone get that feeling sometimes to the point they don’t want to play killer lol but when switched to survivor all the sudden the stress is gone !..

    No, I actually feel less stress and frustration playing killer than I do solo survivor. Killer, in my opinion is in a really good state right now if you are competent with the power of your selected killer. How many hours do you have in the game?

  • I mean when I play killer I go into the match expecting to lose, but do 3K and 4K a lot of the times.

  • @Red_Beard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/237264/anyone-feeling-alil-stress-when-joining-killer

    No, I actually feel less stress and frustration playing killer than I do solo survivor. Killer, in my opinion is in a really good state right now if you are competent with the power of your selected killer. How many hours do you have in the game?

    Rn i have like 900 hours , mostly of it was playing survivor lol

  • @pennythewise said:

    Idk like , every time i click the killer icon i felt a lil stressed or even more for some reason lol ( and i didnt join a match yet!)

    does anyone get that feeling sometimes to the point they don’t want to play killer lol but when switched to survivor all the sudden the stress is gone !..

    That's why I mostly play survivor the only stress really there is should I bring my fancy item and add ons or will it be made useless by how bad my team is or will killer have Franklins. Killers you gotta think of a play before you even know what the map is you gotta pray rng doesn't screw you over as well as are you going to play if you see a obvious SWF squad

  • @NoOneKnowsNova said:

    Although I don't when clicking killer, I do when I load into a lobby and see someone on the same console as me while playing killer. I hate the toxicity that can sometimes happen.

    Just set your settings so that only friends can message you personally I love the salt that comes with the games I get to just see this man baby crying that I looped him or I managed to out play them or my favourite other teamates saying I didn't do gens when I say there and did nearly all of them when they were sat struggling on hook so didn't deserve saving

  • @pennythewise said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2051175#Comment_2051175

    Rn i have like 900 hours , mostly of it was playing survivor lol

    So fairly new to killer. If you don’t mind sharing, what are you most afraid will happen when you play killer? Or to phrase differently, is there something you don’t want to happen when you play killer more than everything else?

  • @Red_Beard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2051594#Comment_2051594

    So fairly new to killer. If you don’t mind sharing, what are you most afraid will happen when you play killer? Or to phrase differently, is there something you don’t want to happen when you play killer more than everything else?

    Getting haddonfield or some map that horribly limits my killer like laboratory with huntress or blight on lerys. If this happens twice in a row I just want to dc and drop the game entirely. Poor luck or mot its really awful to play and creates these misrable non-games where even if i win im not having fun im nto exploring power possibilities im just playing a base or hampered killer.

  • @Red_Beard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2051594#Comment_2051594

    So fairly new to killer. If you don’t mind sharing, what are you most afraid will happen when you play killer? Or to phrase differently, is there something you don’t want to happen when you play killer more than everything else?

    When you start playing killer more often, you'll slowly start realizing.

  • @Red_Beard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2051594#Comment_2051594

    So fairly new to killer. If you don’t mind sharing, what are you most afraid will happen when you play killer? Or to phrase differently, is there something you don’t want to happen when you play killer more than everything else?

    Tbh i just don’t like swfs who just bring the most strong add ons just to tend to make the game worse and boring and toxic


    but what i’m afraid of is time in some matches ( because normally a match can end in 7 or 5 minutes !) and most importantly gen rush . I literally cannot do anything about it unless i bring strong perks which i dont want to lol and the other thing im afraid of is basically survivors bringing huge maps offering fir their advantage.......

    once i was playing killer and not even half 2 min or even 2 min passes and already 3 or 4 gens done....

  • @Zeus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2051610#Comment_2051610

    When you start playing killer more often, you'll slowly start realizing.

    I do play killer.

    @Red_Beard said:

    Just a little about my experience, I purchased DBD in December of 2017. I have 1587 hours played on PC. I do not know my exact breakdown of killer/survivor played but I am guessing it leans a little more on the killer side, but not by a whole lot. I like to play most of the killers, but I am not great at a lot of them.

    I started at Rank 2, 1 pip away from Rank 1. I played 26 games but I had a DC in one of the games so I did not include the data from that game in the numbers.

    During this little experiment, my goal was to kill all survivors, but also try to get as many hooks as possible. I did not intend to aggressively camp, tunnel or slug but I also used those tactics when I was behind and felt that was my best option to achieve my goals. I also did not slug for the 4k unless I had vision of the last survivor, though that only happened a few times.

    I only used blood point offerings and my add-ons for every game were Green Swift Hunt and Green Windstorm. My build was always Corrupt, Pop, Whispers, and BBQ.

    So let's see some numbers.

    I earned 702,220 in-game blood points for an average of 28,089 points per match. Survivors earned a total of 1,603,817 in-game blood points for an average of 16,038 points per survivor, per match. I didn't record my post game blood points.

    Survivor Ranks

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/KGWBC2TEBXYA/ranks-png.png

    For my region (I'm in the Midwest), the later at night it seemed the survivors I faced were more mixed. The largest rank disparity I went against was a rank 16. They had a full build and didn't play like someone new though so I think they were either on a new account or just hadn't played in a while. Other than that, the next biggest disparity was rank 12. A few of the teams it felt very easy, but for the most part, I felt I needed to put in effort to achieve my goals.

    Kills are as follows.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/JD0OJ5Q79TAX/kills-png.png

    I killed 80 survivors for a kill rate of 3.2 or 80%. Survivors escaped 20 times for an escape rate of .8 or 20%. There was 1 hatch escape without a key 1 time or 4% of the matches had a survivor escape through the hatch. There were 0 key escapes.

    Pips are as follows.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/GP3V9JO8FBCP/pips-png.png

    That is a total of 24 pip points in the 25 matches.

    Some of the more talked about perks were brought as follows.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/I4GJ74BNQ552/perk-numbers-png.png

    The dreaded DS/UB combo was brought 6 times for a survivor build rate of 6%. They were all in separate matches or 24% of my matches had a DS/UB build in them. I ate a DS 4 times. Survivors activated Dead Hard more times than I could keep track of and I don't record my games. I actually think I dislike Lithe more than the other exhaustion perks just because when they use it there are obstacles I have to get around to continue chase giving them more distance. That is not me saying to nerf Lithe.

    Items were brought as follows.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/LUYT4WK3G1VG/toolboxes-png.png

    There was 1 BNP brought.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/RRVUKZBH8WTB/medkits-png.png

    There was 1 Styptic and 1 Syringe brought.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/TB2T107YD27X/flashlights-png.png

    I ate 5 flashlight saves with many more attempted.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/QYKG2D21M9PC/keys-png.png

    That's 16% of my matches had a key.

    Most of the offerings were blood points offerings at 60 total, 24 of which were mine. There were 4 map offerings played or 16% of my matches had a map offering. There were 2 Dead Dawg, 1 MacMillen's and 1 Lampkin Lane. The other offerings were insignificant in my opinion so I won't bother posting them.

    There was 1 GGEZ comment in end game or 4% of my end game chats had a "toxic" survivor comment. Most end games there was no comment.

    That's all the information I can reliably post as fact from my 25 games that I find relevant. The matches were played yesterday, a weekday. If real life permits, I may try this again on the weekend to see if it feels much different.

    For fun:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/GK3AXH7YTXZH/loss-game-png.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/PS26327X31KK/win-game-png.png

    I have every killer achievement except for Twins achievement. I haven't bought Twins.

  • @Zarathos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2051610#Comment_2051610

    Getting haddonfield or some map that horribly limits my killer like laboratory with huntress or blight on lerys. If this happens twice in a row I just want to dc and drop the game entirely. Poor luck or mot its really awful to play and creates these misrable non-games where even if i win im not having fun im nto exploring power possibilities im just playing a base or hampered killer.

    Getting Hawkins, Game or Haddonfield as my first killer match of the day usually kills any and all motivation I have to play killer that day. The constatn threat of getting those maps for either side actually keep me from playing the game nowadays.

    That's the only thing that keeps me away from killer nowadays. That and bad matchmaking. 95% of matches are braindead easy thanks to boosted survivors. And when you get the rare good team for a tense match, you get The game or Haddonfield and its an unfair one sided mess.

  • @pennythewise said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2051610#Comment_2051610

    Tbh i just don’t like swfs who just bring the most strong add ons just to tend to make the game worse and boring and toxic

    but what i’m afraid of is time in some matches ( because normally a match can end in 7 or 5 minutes !) and most importantly gen rush . I literally cannot do anything about it unless i bring strong perks which i dont want to lol and the other thing im afraid of is basically survivors bringing huge maps offering fir their advantage.......

    once i was playing killer and not even half 2 min or even 2 min passes and already 3 or 4 gens done....

    Yeah, there are some very good survivor players that feel impossible to beat, especially when you are just starting out. And there are some maps that definitely lean in their favor, especially if they have the right perks for it. But if you have the mindset that you are going to lose matches, (because you will, we all do) and go in just expecting to learn, I think it can be a better experience for you. With 900 hours of survivor play you have a much bigger start on people who just bought the game and try killer. You know the ways you like to run loops against killers, so when playing killer, run those the opposite way so the survivor isn't taking the best path.

    Early game pressure is important. When you spawn into a map, think about the places you spawned as survivor and those are good places to start early. There are 7 gens and 4 survivors at start, realize you can't be at pressuring all of them so try to pick the few that are close together and easier for you to get to quickly. Once you start winning chases faster, you can loosen up your control zone more.

    As for toxic behavior, we can't really stop tea bagging. Only thing you can do there is try to change your mind that it's not toxic. If it's end game chat, there are ways to avoid it.

  • @Red_Beard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2051693#Comment_2051693

    Yeah, there are some very good survivor players that feel impossible to beat, especially when you are just starting out. And there are some maps that definitely lean in their favor, especially if they have the right perks for it. But if you have the mindset that you are going to lose matches, (because you will, we all do) and go in just expecting to learn, I think it can be a better experience for you. With 900 hours of survivor play you have a much bigger start on people who just bought the game and try killer. You know the ways you like to run loops against killers, so when playing killer, run those the opposite way so the survivor isn't taking the best path.

    Early game pressure is important. When you spawn into a map, think about the places you spawned as survivor and those are good places to start early. There are 7 gens and 4 survivors at start, realize you can't be at pressuring all of them so try to pick the few that are close together and easier for you to get to quickly. Once you start winning chases faster, you can loosen up your control zone more.

    As for toxic behavior, we can't really stop tea bagging. Only thing you can do there is try to change your mind that it's not toxic. If it's end game chat, there are ways to avoid it.

    Yeah well fair enough , i’m just getting started as a killer main again for a long time lol but i guess i should learn from loses and more

  • I didn't mean it to be offensive don't get me wrong. As you go higher and higher in ranks you will start to realize that you need to be very efficient to win games and in certain instances you might just get steamrolled and feel helpless. You used to keep winning and it creates that mindset that you are good at the game and then you go against survivors like this and to add to that, toxic chat and behaviour.

  • @Zeus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2052126#Comment_2052126

    I didn't mean it to be offensive don't get me wrong. As you go higher and higher in ranks you will start to realize that you need to be very efficient to win games and in certain instances you might just get steamrolled and feel helpless. You used to keep winning and it creates that mindset that you are good at the game and then you go against survivors like this and to add to that, toxic chat and behaviour.

    Yeah, I get that. Some people just don't like the pressure. I actually enjoy it. My favorite matches are against the bully squads that are doing everything they can to keep their friend from getting hooked. Added bonus if they are swarming me, they aren't doing gens!

    If I didn't feel a little urgency when playing killer, it means I steamrolled the other side though. Not much fun for them and it really wasn't fun for me either.

  • @Red_Beard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/237264/anyone-feeling-alil-stress-when-joining-killer

    No, I actually feel less stress and frustration playing killer than I do solo survivor. Killer, in my opinion is in a really good state right now if you are competent with the power of your selected killer. How many hours do you have in the game?

    While I disagree that killer is in a good spot, I do agree that killer is less frustrating than solo survivor. That's why I became a killer main now except for when friends are on for swf. As killer at least I have a chance to win, and don't have to sweat my butt off to carry a team.

    But I don't think it's a balance issue I think it's a matchamaking/ranking issue. Hopefully MMR fixes it.

  • @Dizzy1096 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2051175#Comment_2051175

    While I disagree that killer is in a good spot, I do agree that killer is less frustrating than solo survivor. That's why I became a killer main now except for when friends are on for swf. As killer at least I have a chance to win, and don't have to sweat my butt off to carry a team.

    But I don't think it's a balance issue I think it's a matchamaking/ranking issue. Hopefully MMR fixes it.

    There are always going to be balance issues. But compared to how they were in the past, I feel killers are in a much better spot than they used to be.

    I actually think MMR is going to make you feel more stress because most of the time you are going to get matched against people you will have to try hard to get a 2k with.