African American, Euro, Korean, Chinese, Japanese - Why is there no Survivor from India?

Survivors in game. We have European, African American, Korean, Chinese, Japanese etc

Why is there no Survivor from India? We have multiple of others?

The cosmetics and colors would be awesome!


luxemi-clothing.jpeg


Comments

  • We need also Muslim survivors too. There is only one ( I am not sure about her ). Why always asian or american characters coming? Why not Arabian, Turk or Persian?

  • @Northener1907 said:

    We need also Muslim survivors too. There is only one ( I am not sure about her ). Why always asian or american characters coming? Why not Arabian, Turk or Persian?

    They won’t add Muslim survivors or any other survivors with confirmed religious belief though..


    Arabian, Turk or Persian are all possible, we have Zarina who lives in America but here parents are from Lebanon.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2039492#Comment_2039492

    They won’t add Muslim survivors or any other survivors with confirmed religious belief though..

    Arabian, Turk or Persian are all possible, we have Zarina who lives in America but here parents are from Lebanon.

    Zarina is only one from West Asia. We need more west asian characters. Different colors and races are always fine.

  • "But there is already a lot of diversity"

    Yes, but Indians are over 1.3 billion people, not far behind China, ~ 17% of humanity. And there is none.

    I'm not asking for a perfect demographic, cultural, etc representation in DBD, but it's amazing that we don't have any Indian survivors yet. Even though I do not know almost anything about India, and have no particular affection for this country, it is a survivor that I am waiting for.

    But I trust. They will do it sooner or later.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2039496#Comment_2039496

    Zarina is only one from West Asia. We need more west asian characters. Different colors and races are always fine.

    We don’t need

    but it would definitely be cool, I agree.

    there is still ethnicities/nationalities that don’t have any kind of representation though. And the devs can create whatever characters they want to. I am certain there will be more chars from Middle East/West Asia in the future, they are not explicitly excluded after all.

  • @Zarr0ch said:

    Survivors in game. We have European, African American, Korean, Chinese, Japanese etc

    Why is there no Survivor from India? We have multiple of others?

    The cosmetics and colors would be awesome!

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/JQPEKDGLMK2Z/luxemi-clothing.jpeg

    Give it time

  • An Indian could definitely have some potential for a chapter like bakasura as a killer. Apologies if I'm ignorant on the correlation between country and beliefs.

  • I'm still waiting on a Native American survivor or even killer. I think they could have a really great and deep character. We will all get a character we want eventually!

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2038636#Comment_2038636

    They could've also been from Madagascar, Ethiopia, Finland, Namibia, Chile, New Zealand, Italy, Portugal, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Nepal, and more.

    India is not special in this regard, it's not being ignored in any way. There are a ton of countries, is all.

    Elodie is from Madagascar but lived in France

  • @Woot1234 said:

    Just a hypothesis. Survivor ethnicities are likely a function of where the player base lives.

    K pop killer just screams "we're trying hard to break into Korean competitive sports."

    Claudette, the Canadian. Fueled by timbits and sweet sweet maple nectar; Claudette silently builds trenches to run power from the generators you suckers fix.

    Once enough powerlines are ran, she silently returns to the entrance of her igloo (jokes on you for thinking she's hiding in a bush). Like a Canadian winter, Mademoiselle Claudette is there for the long haul. After chilling her Canadian Clamato in her newly powered igloo (sorry eh), she pours herself a red-eye, and turns on her TV for some curling. Fueled by the surge, Claudette silently leaves her igloo and helps her team... in the most Canadian possible... she holds the door open for the lucky remaining survivors.

  • I would like to see a Mexican killer or survivor like come on behaviour we're your neighbors down south. But that won't happen. And indian survivor or killer sounds great though! That would be nice.

  • I would like the Russian character. Except for the killer no Russian character. Would very much like the Russian character, but it's not the stereotypical man with a beard, vodka and balalaika.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2038636#Comment_2038636

    Afaik:

    Dwight, Kate, and Meg are American

    Feng is Chinese

    Jake is Korean-American

    Nea is Swedish

    Yui is Japanese

    Claudette is Canadian

    David is British

    Jane is Hispanic

    Felix is german

    Zarina is Lebanese

    Elodie is French

    This seems like a pretty diverse cast, does it not?

    Like Orion said, give them time. They'll create one eventually, just like most other nationalities.

    "But why not have Yui be Indian-" why have her be Indian instead of Japanese? What makes being Indian better than Japanese and what makes it work in her backstory more? Yui's lore is often regarded as one of the best in the game, why would making her Indian over Japanese improve this?

    It's the same with all of the cast, why make them Indian instead of their current nationality? Why would that improve their backstory?

    Jane is not Latin American I clearly remember them stating she was of Italian decent

  • @xcross said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2038645#Comment_2038645

    Jane is not Latin American I clearly remember them stating she was of Italian decent

    I gave up and checked the wiki.

    image.png

    You're thinking of Ace Visconti, but thank you- that's someone I forgot to put in the list!

  • @xcross said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2038645#Comment_2038645

    Jane is not Latin American I clearly remember them stating she was of Italian decent

    That's Ace, who is of Italian descent, but was born in Argentina. Jane is from Latin America (no specific country is mentioned, as far as I know).

  • It'll take time. When they design a chapter, they have to have a theme in mind. Descend beyond was a gothic horror; Blight was a discount Frankenstein/Dr. Jekyll, while Felix was the brilliant architect. Gothic horror has long had an association with Germany, as with architecture.

    A Binding of Kin was almost lovecraftian. Ancient ritualistic death cults for the Twins, and Elodie's entire story line is "Hi I have this glowing rock that takes you to the 5th dimension." The medieval cults of the Twins' storyline fits in well with medieval France. The expansive French colonies work well with Elodie's exotic travels.

    Cursed legacy has the punchy futuristic racer Yui contrasted with the traditional warrior Oni. Japan is a very traditional country, but at the same time was one of the quickest to modernize.

    India is such an expansive and vaguely-bordered country that it's hard to find a particular niche that would fit well into this system. You have Indo-Aryan culture you have Dravidian culture you have Buddhist culture you have Hindu culture you have Sikh culture you have Muslim culture you have North Indian culture you have southern Indian culture etc. There are very few cultural identifiers of India that give it a recognizable niche. Sure, you could add in some voluptuous Chloe Frazer replica, but that's certain to get pushback for doing what Disney did to Pocahontas.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2040176#Comment_2040176

    I gave up and checked the wiki.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/IP7PX80MY6LB/image.png

    You're thinking of Ace Visconti, but thank you- that's someone I forgot to put in the list!

    Lol nationality of "Latin American" is so bad. There's like 20+ LATAM countries this isn't a nationality.

    Compared to Ace who is "Argentinian of Italian descent".

    Tapp is African American which is more ethnicity with nationality embedded in it.

    The wiki would do better justice to call this field descent or heritage since the level of detail varies by survivor.

  • @Woot1234 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2040179#Comment_2040179

    Lol nationality of "Latin American" is so bad. There's like 20+ LATAM countries this isn't a nationality.

    Compared to Ace who is "Argentinian of Italian descent".

    Tapp is African American which is more ethnicity with nationality embedded in it.

    The wiki would do better justice to call this field descent or heritage since the level of detail varies by survivor.

    Jane refers to herself as both Latina and American in her lore. So we can assume she was born/lives in America and is of Hispanic decent.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2041222#Comment_2041222

    Jane refers to herself as both Latina and American in her lore. So we can assume she was born/lives in America and is of Hispanic decent.

    Did not know that. Good call out. Then technically that term is fine but I don't hear people colloquially describing themselves this way. You hear Latina like you mentioned.

1 2 ›