To the Developers..

We appreciate the events, cosmetics, and remodeling of the stages, but can you please...for the love of the Entity, please allow me to blind/stun the killer when he is in the animation of picking the survivor up. There's absolutely no reason that I should have to time my blind/pallet drop to within a fraction of millisecond to successfully blind/stun the killer while they are picking up the survivor. It's bad enough to belong to the 5% of the survivor base that actually use the flashlight, only to have it become nothing more than a glorified paper weight in situations described above. Like I said before, I, and we, appreciate everything you've done with the game, but between the insane killer hitboxes (I love getting hit while the killer is facing right and I am facing left) and having to time a flashlight/pallet within an insanely small window is, for a lack of words, unacceptable. Save the "super armor" for fighting games and please fix this ASAP.

Comments

  • Bro its like the only survivor action that takes any skill/practice

  • Um...no... the timing on flashlights makes sense as it adds some skill and you can learn to do it fairly easily. What should we just allow palletsaves by just throwing a pallet while the killers doing the pickup? Basically the same thing.

  • "please allow me to blind/stun the killer when he is in the animation of picking the survivor up"

    This is a terrible idea. It has been tested before (I imagine Patch 1.9.2 rings a bell...) and it was one of the most broken and unfair features DBD has ever known. We don't need that thing back.

  • @GeneralV said:

    "please allow me to blind/stun the killer when he is in the animation of picking the survivor up"

    This is a terrible idea. It has been tested before (I imagine Patch 1.9.2 rings a bell...) and it was one of the most broken and unfair features DBD has ever known. We don't need that thing back.

    As someone who played that patch, please, do not bring it back.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2034095#Comment_2034095

    As someone who played that patch, please, do not bring it back.

    Exactly! I don't understand why anyone would want that thing back.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2034099#Comment_2034099

    Exactly! I don't understand why anyone would want that thing back.

    To make the game easier.

    Trust me, it made it easier alright.

  • I'm getting 1.9.2 PTSD please please please no.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2034107#Comment_2034107

    To make the game easier.

    Trust me, it made it easier alright.

    Yeah, I can imagine. I got quite lucky, and missed that Patch by a few months, but I've watched so many videos that I think I know about it as much as people who actually played it. It was broken. It was bad.

  • @Scoops_Ahoy said:

    We appreciate the events, cosmetics, and remodeling of the stages, but can you please...for the love of the Entity, please allow me to blind/stun the killer when he is in the animation of picking the survivor up. There's absolutely no reason that I should have to time my blind/pallet drop to within a fraction of millisecond to successfully blind/stun the killer while they are picking up the survivor. It's bad enough to belong to the 5% of the survivor base that actually use the flashlight, only to have it become nothing more than a glorified paper weight in situations described above. Like I said before, I, and we, appreciate everything you've done with the game, but between the insane killer hitboxes (I love getting hit while the killer is facing right and I am facing left) and having to time a flashlight/pallet within an insanely small window is, for a lack of words, unacceptable. Save the "super armor" for fighting games and please fix this ASAP.

    I'm guessing you are probably somewhat new to dbd. If so, first let me say welcome! Secondly what you are asking for was once done, but the results were so utterly disastrous for both sides that it had to be very quickly undone. Honestly the animation of picking up a survivor only takes about 2 seconds, and from a logic standpoint, it would be very difficult to blind someone who is looking at the ground as they pick up a dying Survivor. Just count 1 one hundred, 2 one hundred then go for the stun.

  • @Scoops_Ahoy said:

    We appreciate the events, cosmetics, and remodeling of the stages, but can you please...for the love of the Entity, please allow me to blind/stun the killer when he is in the animation of picking the survivor up. There's absolutely no reason that I should have to time my blind/pallet drop to within a fraction of millisecond to successfully blind/stun the killer while they are picking up the survivor. It's bad enough to belong to the 5% of the survivor base that actually use the flashlight, only to have it become nothing more than a glorified paper weight in situations described above. Like I said before, I, and we, appreciate everything you've done with the game, but between the insane killer hitboxes (I love getting hit while the killer is facing right and I am facing left) and having to time a flashlight/pallet within an insanely small window is, for a lack of words, unacceptable. Save the "super armor" for fighting games and please fix this ASAP.

    They tried this it was disabled in 2 days so no not g0nna happen

  • Sure why not. The game is designed first and foremost for survivors so I don't see the issue