My feedback with the new matchmaking...

It's really bad. I'm rank 1 and all i'm getting now is rank 13-20s running NOED.

Seems like the Killer MMR just looks based off of Kills and nothing else. Rank 20 Ghostface literally DC'd because he couldn't win against 3 red ranks and a green.

If you're making skillbased matchmaking you can't use NOED as a deciding factors. Killers will have got kills from it at lower ranks but it's obvious why they don't reach higher and that's because they can't do anything else.

The emblems are still broken. Chases don't even get recognized sometimes.

Just remove Ranks completely out of the game, it's a old dumb mechanic that only annoys people and makes people leave the game. I don't even want to grind from rank 20 -1 every month just for a little reward. I'll take the stressless play not worrying about a depip from escaping because you can't do enough in the game to earn enough points with the emblems being bugged on top of that.

Then play a game where you feel like you do nothing and earn a double pip.

Wish i could just focus on leveling my characters and not worry about a stupid pip system that has been bugged for almost a year...but hey RANK 1 lose 1 pip, Rank 2! Then back and forth none stop is such a fun thing to worry about.

Edit: People might misinterpret what I mean about wanting no rank. I just don't want to have a number, having a behind the scenes ranking system is fine. But i'm still going to judge some skill on peoples numbers including my own. Which I don't really want to look at or worry about. A bit like how Apex has a casual mode with a hidden SBM and not something you can grind to.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Ruma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2030888#Comment_2030888

    I worded it bad.

    I KNOW that it oftens rewards bad/new killers but my point was that the matchmaking isnt based around NOED + not EVERY killer is carried by NOED.

    I am just kinda sick to hear stuff that NOED is only used by bad killers and you ALWAYS wouldnt have gotten the kill without NOED. (which in my experience, is often not the case)

    I also know you didnt claimed that stuff except that matchmaking is based off NOED.

    Again i worded it wrong and i understand your points but claiming its based off NOED just because of a few matches is a bit harsh

    The difference is a red rank killer with Noed is a lot harder to counter and play against compared to a lower rank killer

  • @beldr said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/XA3E4PO3ILA8/20210318201341-1.jpg

    Well this is either the matchmaking or some swf shenanigans

    Looks like you had a good match 3k and on the Survivor side only one got less than 10k. Nice!

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2030753#Comment_2030753

    Looks like you had a good match 3k and on the Survivor side only one got less than 10k. Nice!

    Yes, ranks aside the only escape was by hatch.

    But to be fair I was playing Leatherface.

    Next game I played with Legion was not as good on my side, but I would still say that it is not that different from having a bad game with rank matchmaking and I got 2 kills (gotta admit I pseudo tunneled 1 of the survivors).

  • @Ruma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2030772#Comment_2030772

    Where do you want to know they only get killes because of NOED? Not everyone who uses it cant play without it and more often then not, you would get the kill at the end anyway, with or without NOED.

    Stop acting like NOED gives free kills, it only shortens the chase by one hit.

    Which is also kinda funny since the meta is to stay injured anyways so it wouldnt matter that much.

    but how does that make sense? "stop acting like noed gives free kills, it only shortens the chase by one hit" that's like saying "stop acting like tunneling isn't a method, it only shortens your game playing." Does that make sense? No! of course not! because that's exactly what both do! Noed is more of a perk for baby killers so it can help them learn the game IMO, I find it a bit embarrassing seeing red rank killers using it, it's almost like they can't play without it and can't get a kill unless they run such a ridiculous perk. And it does kind of put two and two together, that LOWER rank killers are only getting kills because of NOED, easy down against survivors who are still learning the game and to learn how to counter perks like NOED.

  • @Ghostie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2030780#Comment_2030780

    but how does that make sense? "stop acting like noed gives free kills, it only shortens the chase by one hit" that's like saying "stop acting like tunneling isn't a method, it only shortens your game playing." Does that make sense? No! of course not! because that's exactly what both do! Noed is more of a perk for baby killers so it can help them learn the game IMO, I find it a bit embarrassing seeing red rank killers using it, it's almost like they can't play without it and can't get a kill unless they run such a ridiculous perk. And it does kind of put two and two together, that LOWER rank killers are only getting kills because of NOED, easy down against survivors who are still learning the game and to learn how to counter perks like NOED.

    I find it a bit embarrassing seeing red rank killers survivors using DS, UB, BT, exaust perks... it's almost like they can't play without it and can't get a kill escape unless they run such a ridiculous perks

  • @ItzPixelYT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2030870#Comment_2030870

    But then the Killer will start getting put with people who stay or can't get rid of Noed like before and then get the kills again which will push them back against the red rank survivors again. Which i think will be a really unfair system for newer players, as they're going against people like me who are devotion level 9 and actually knows what they're doing compared to someone who just got the game at rank 20 and is playing their first survivor match

    Youre missing the part where smart survivors will simply leave, thus giving 0-1k. Smart survivors will rank up higher and not be placed with the low killers that are now stuck at that lower mmr. Therefor low mmr killer will get true low mmr survivors and higher mmr survivors will get higher mmr killers. in the beginning, sure its gonna be rough for that style of killer. But with time, it will sort itself out.

  • @beldr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2030965#Comment_2030965

    I find it a bit embarrassing seeing red rank killers survivors using DS, UB, BT, exaust perks... it's almost like they can't play without it and can't get a kill escape unless they run such a ridiculous perks

    1. Survivors wouldn't need DS if killers didn't tunnel
    2. survivors wouldn't need BT if killers didnt camp
    3. survivors also wouldn't need unbreakable if killers didn't slug. they're counter perks for a reason to be able to continuing playing the game..


    and ofc not all killers do this, but obviously it was enough killers that caused these perks to be added into the game

  • @Fuzzels said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2030884#Comment_2030884

    Youre missing the part where smart survivors will simply leave, thus giving 0-1k. Smart survivors will rank up higher and not be placed with the low killers that are now stuck at that lower mmr. Therefor low mmr killer will get true low mmr survivors and higher mmr survivors will get higher mmr killers. in the beginning, sure its gonna be rough for that style of killer. But with time, it will sort itself out.

    You can't get any points as a survivor to rank up if one person gets chased all game and is camped with noed or if only 2/3 people get hooked all game and then you leave them to die. Most times noed is involved it's a game where a Killer can't win chases and then survivors gets stuck on gens which don't give you enough points to rank up so in order to get points "smart survivors" have to go and run around looking for noed which is risky depending what the killer is doing just to be able to get some points

  • @Ghostie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2030780#Comment_2030780

    but how does that make sense? "stop acting like noed gives free kills, it only shortens the chase by one hit" that's like saying "stop acting like tunneling isn't a method, it only shortens your game playing." Does that make sense? No! of course not! because that's exactly what both do! Noed is more of a perk for baby killers so it can help them learn the game IMO, I find it a bit embarrassing seeing red rank killers using it, it's almost like they can't play without it and can't get a kill unless they run such a ridiculous perk. And it does kind of put two and two together, that LOWER rank killers are only getting kills because of NOED, easy down against survivors who are still learning the game and to learn how to counter perks like NOED.

    "stop acting like noed gives free kills, it only shortens the chase by one hit"

    If I sell you an item for 50% off, did you get that item for free?

  • @Ghostie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2030994#Comment_2030994

    1. Survivors wouldn't need DS if killers didn't tunnel
    2. survivors wouldn't need BT if killers didnt camp
    3. survivors also wouldn't need unbreakable if killers didn't slug. they're counter perks for a reason to be able to continuing playing the game..

    and ofc not all killers do this, but obviously it was enough killers that caused these perks to be added into the game

    So your point is that if Killers didn't play at all survivors wouldn't need perks?

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2030965#Comment_2030965

    "stop acting like noed gives free kills, it only shortens the chase by one hit"

    If I sell you an item for 50% off, did you get that item for free?

    how does that make any sense?

  • @beldr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2031012#Comment_2031012

    So your point is that if Killers didn't play at all survivors wouldn't need perks?

    where am I saying this? What I'm saying that if killers didn't tunnel, camp, or slug then perks such as DS, BT, and UB wouldn't be needed. If I was saying that then there wouldn't be a game. Unless that's how you play, then you're the kind of killer no one likes.

  • It has to do with the definition of "free".

    For NOED to actually give free kills, it would have to immediately put survivors into the dying state upon activation if not hooking them outright. That's what free is. A lot of people seem unclear on the concept. NOED doesn't give free kills, it does make it so you only have to win 50% of the chase to get a down (hence why I used 50% in my example), but you still have to win that chase, get the down, get the survivor to a hook and make sure they aren't saved to get that 1 kill. That's just not free. Easier, absolutely, but not free.

  • NGL, I, a fairly consistent rank six, was seriously considering adding NOED to some of my builds because I'm tired of the generators getting done in six minutes or less because I'm better at playing some killers than others--hopefully with MMR in place I won't have to.

    Not expecting it'll work, though.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2031046#Comment_2031046

    It has to do with the definition of "free".

    For NOED to actually give free kills, it would have to immediately put survivors into the dying state upon activation if not hooking them outright. That's what free is. A lot of people seem unclear on the concept. NOED doesn't give free kills, it does make it so you only have to win 50% of the chase to get a down (hence why I used 50% in my example), but you still have to win that chase, get the down, get the survivor to a hook and make sure they aren't saved to get that 1 kill. That's just not free. Easier, absolutely, but not free.

    yea, but you have to think about the kind of teammate the survivor has, if they're good or a swf then there is a chance that the survivor will live, but if it's a bad team, then god no it's definitely a kill. but even with a good team it still could end up as a kill, depending on totem spawns and how soon you can find the totem, but it might as well be a free kill honestly, because it's not always easy to find, that's why I see it more as a perk for new killers than higher rank killers, because it gives low rank killers a chance to learn the game. But I honestly just think it should be removed from the game, it requires no skill to use and allows killers to learn how to play the game without always relying on a perk to be able to get the kills

  • @CryptFriend said:

    NGL, I, a fairly consistent rank six, was seriously considering adding NOED to some of my builds because I'm tired of the generators getting done in six minutes or less because I'm better at playing some killers than others--hopefully with MMR in place I won't have to.

    Not expecting it'll work, though.

    well, sometimes losing a chase is always good, (it doesn't make you bad like many survivors will try to say you are), you just have to remember to keep good gen pressure, you never want to commit too much on the survivors and remember it is ok to leave the survivors

  • @Ghostie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2031054#Comment_2031054

    yea, but you have to think about the kind of teammate the survivor has, if they're good or a swf then there is a chance that the survivor will live, but if it's a bad team, then god no it's definitely a kill. but even with a good team it still could end up as a kill, depending on totem spawns and how soon you can find the totem, but it might as well be a free kill honestly, because it's not always easy to find, that's why I see it more as a perk for new killers than higher rank killers, because it gives low rank killers a chance to learn the game. But I honestly just think it should be removed from the game, it requires no skill to use and allows killers to learn how to play the game without always relying on a perk to be able to get the kills

    If you have a bad team, you will likely die regardless. NOED is a convenient scapegoat. Totem spawns are not terribly difficult to learn, and there are perks and items that will find them for you, making it even easier.

    As far as skill... What perk is it that requires skill to use, exactly? I'm talking on either side here. This is a game that had to add qtes to keep people awake while fixing gens, and even so, it's always the same button pressed. Hell, some Survivor perks require you to fail in order to activate at all. Should they be removed as well?

  • Out of interest, when it says the matchmaking is skill-based, is this based on data which we can see (such as emblems), or is this data we can't see?

    Also, will a 24hr period be long enough for an accurate trial: I mean will it take a while for the skill system to give accurate results (as it's just been started), or is it using existing data to portray accurate results already?

  • @Ghostie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2031044#Comment_2031044

    where am I saying this? What I'm saying that if killers didn't tunnel, camp, or slug then perks such as DS, BT, and UB wouldn't be needed. If I was saying that then there wouldn't be a game. Unless that's how you play, then you're the kind of killer no one likes.

    If survivors didn't use flashlights, throw pallets, vault windows or use keys lightborn, endurance, Franklin demise, spirit fury or bamboozle wouldn't be needed.

    You can't just rage because people play in a way that makes it easier to win. You are not entitled to win or survive and your counterpart shouldn't do the same.

    No killer likes DS, UB, BT or sprint as much as you don't like NOED. The only difference is that NOED is a perk that only works if enemy does not know how to counter it and unless survivors are braindead it will only get 1 kill.

  • @Ghostie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2031065#Comment_2031065

    well, sometimes losing a chase is always good, (it doesn't make you bad like many survivors will try to say you are), you just have to remember to keep good gen pressure, you never want to commit too much on the survivors and remember it is ok to leave the survivors

    I appreciate that you're trying to be helpful, but we're talking "not as good" as in "could struggle against red ranks sweating really hard for the win and get 3k."

    There's not much I can do with a killer I don't play as much against those same kinds of red ranks. There's a certain point where I don't care to try and three gens popping at the end of the first chase with another popping during the unhook is exactly that point. If they want to play like they're against top tier players, that's fine, I just won't engage with them.

    I'm told by survivors that that's the most despicable thing that I can do--it gets me the most death threats, actually.

    I'm willing to wait for another match, I just don't want to. Thus, cheating with NOED to punish them for going too fast.

  • @ItzPixelYT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2030719#Comment_2030719

    A MMR based off NOED? It's not exactly skill based. I feel bad for the Killers who are in lower ranks who want to have fun and play and instead they get put with Red rank survivors who can run them for such a long time because they don't know how to counter it. I played 5 killers in a row with NOED. 2 Dc'd and the other 3 got 1 Kill...it's not balanced matchmaking in my eyes.

    Well then guess you just need a sense of where totems can be

  • @beldr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2031053#Comment_2031053

    If survivors didn't use flashlights, throw pallets, vault windows or use keys lightborn, endurance, Franklin demise, spirit fury or bamboozle wouldn't be needed.

    You can't just rage because people play in a way that makes it easier to win. You are not entitled to win or survive and your counterpart shouldn't do the same.

    No killer likes DS, UB, BT or sprint as much as you don't like NOED. The only difference is that NOED is a perk that only works if enemy does not know how to counter it and unless survivors are braindead it will only get 1 kill.

    where am I saying I'm entitled? Where am I saying I'm raging? Because I'm not doing either. Flashlights, pallets and windows were added for survivors to be able to escape the killer, lightborn, endurance, franklins, etc were made for killers to be able to counter these survivors ability to get away from the killer and be able to kill the survivor. No one is saying anything about surviving every match, I know not every game is going to be a win.

  • @onemind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2030729#Comment_2030729

    Well then guess you just need a sense of where totems can be

    The post wasn't about countering Noed or complaining about. You need a sense of understanding words.

  • @ItzPixelYT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2031130#Comment_2031130

    The post wasn't about countering Noed or complaining about. You need a sense of understanding words.

    Eh I didn't read it I just spoke.

  • I missed the part where that's my problem

  • Idk so why u respond I forgot I said something until you spoke

  • I just want to know what a "win" is for the system. Consider the common scenario:

    A survivor does 4 safe unhooks, heals each time, helps complete two gens. Gets to the end game and gets downed with NOED. The rest of the team escapes because the killer is camping. Does the survivor rank "down" because he died? Does the system account for all of the other actions that helped the rest of the team escape?

  • What exactly is the plan with modifying the matchmaking at this point in the life of the game? The reason for the disparity of the matchmaking is the small playerbase. When competitive games get old and fail to innovate they lose fresh players. And what you have left are lifers and streamers that make make the environment pretty unwelcoming.

    The new killer seems to be an effort to pander to a group of people to join the game. Unfortunately, they will inevitably get matched against the existing playerbase. They will get crushed, get made fun of, and leave. No amount of MMR or internet witchcraft is going to fix the situation.

    Maybe the devs are planning some drastic changes to the game? If not, they are better off continuing selling cute cosmetics to streamers and the sweats.

  • yo i didnt read your post and i will try to guess your feedback ok? bam

    20210319023731_1.jpg

    did i get it right?

  • @ItzPixelYT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2031002#Comment_2031002

    You can't get any points as a survivor to rank up if one person gets chased all game and is camped with noed or if only 2/3 people get hooked all game and then you leave them to die. Most times noed is involved it's a game where a Killer can't win chases and then survivors gets stuck on gens which don't give you enough points to rank up so in order to get points "smart survivors" have to go and run around looking for noed which is risky depending what the killer is doing just to be able to get some points

    Ok. But its not as if every single low rank killer is going to have noed. It may be seen more at lower ranks but theres no way its gonna be 100% of them. Also, just do bones. If the killer is that bad that one person can run them for 3-5 gens, then you absolutely have more than enough time to do bones. So its back to my original point, good players will adjust according to the situation and will rank up. Bad players wont and will stagnate.

  • As an additional suggestion, I think Rank (since it no longer matters for matchmaking) should ONLY be visible to the Player, i.e. so they know where they are in earning bonus BP. Hide it from the rest of us. It just aggravates those of us annoyed by the matchmaking. :)

  • @swarmofdogs said:

    What exactly is the plan with modifying the matchmaking at this point in the life of the game? The reason for the disparity of the matchmaking is the small playerbase. When competitive games get old and fail to innovate they lose fresh players. And what you have left are lifers and streamers that make make the environment pretty unwelcoming.

    The new killer seems to be an effort to pander to a group of people to join the game. Unfortunately, they will inevitably get matched against the existing playerbase. They will get crushed, get made fun of, and leave. No amount of MMR or internet witchcraft is going to fix the situation.

    Maybe the devs are planning some drastic changes to the game? If not, they are better off continuing selling cute cosmetics to streamers and the sweats.

    Lol i'm a streamer but i actually got a lot of my viewers back playing the game because i don't go looking for the toxicity in the game or treat it like a esport/competitive game that most of the big streamers treat it. I.e Tru3 and Otz...while those guys are cool they really give a lot of info and take the game very seriously which is fine but treating a game like this as a competitive/esport really shouldn't be the direction the devs want to go ad they've been leaked to be adding leaderboards/tournament systems and the new hud was the beginning of that as well sadly.

1 2 ›