Yikes. . .

20210318142602_1.jpg

As a killer main, I feel terrible for this poor Freddy. . . This needs to be fixed BHVR.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • As of 2pm EDT Skill based matchmaking was introduced, so please disregard Ranks for the next 24hrs because they're not necessarily going to correlate to the MMR score.

  • That is mmr. He is just too good.

  • @Mandy said:

    As of 2pm EDT Skill based matchmaking was introduced, so please disregard Ranks for the next 24hrs because they're not necessarily going to correlate to the MMR score.

    When you say the next 24 hours, does that mean this is just a test run?

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2030636#Comment_2030636

    When you say the next 24 hours, does that mean this is just a test run?

    yes it's a test of the system right now

  • @Mandy said:

    As of 2pm EDT Skill based matchmaking was introduced, so please disregard Ranks for the next 24hrs because they're not necessarily going to correlate to the MMR score.

    is this a permeant thing across all platforms or is it another test? I really want to know so I can tell fellow players who don't frequent the forums.


    thanks Mandy

  • Do you know if there will be any official posts about it like a forum banner/twitter post?

    I feel like it might be a great idea if that's not the plan

  • It's in the In-Game news so every player should be aware of it - it pops up as you log in.

  • Understood. I'll try out a bunch of other Killers. Since I'm mostly a Myers specialist, I have tons of Killers that I don't know jack about. I'll let you guys know if the people I pull are ANY different from the ones I get as Myers. :)

  • g3MW5cK[1].png

    that's what it says for those who've not had chance to have a look yet.

  • yes it's on all platforms

  • Many thanks for the forum announcement!

  • Solo queue survivor seems like it will be a sad experience for red-rank players, or at least you need to set expectations accordingly.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    Many thanks for the forum announcement!

    I gotcha!

  • @Mandy said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2FKG82OS76O0/g3mw5ck-5b1-5d.png

    that's what it says for those who've not had chance to have a look yet.

    @MandyTalk

    THANK GOD the Devs finally got MMR up. I wish they had left the old MMR system up while they got this one working. It's been a nightmare for solo queue survivors.

  • MMR working as intended


    Kappa

  • All a part of behaviours grand master plan to undermine their new potential player base and revenue stream by alienating new players putting them up against the absolute most toxic depths that swf red ranking has to offer.


    Masterful business mindedness right there. Really bleeding edge foresight.

  • Will matches cause us to pip or lose pips for the next 24 hours?

  • nothing has changed with pipping as of right now, pipping will change when the MMR is implemented fully with the Rank Rewards etc.

  • Had the same thing with a r17 spirit and a deceiving r20 gf that was clearly on par with red ranks.


    was funny against the gf because I think he expected a super chill match, and I felt bad for the spirit cause she got 1 hook and only 3 hits.

  • @Axe said:

    MMR working as intended

    Kappa

    Trust me, that type of match is actually better than the matches I've gotten in solo queue. Any MMR will be better than none. Plus this MMR is learning, so you can't even go by this.

    However, I am curious as to why we don't have number of hooks on the end stats.

  • sorry if its been answered already but if i go play killer now and i pick nurse ( who i never use btw and last time i used i was very bad) will i get very noobish survivors?

    or isit going to throw me under the bus with the first match with a good team?

  • @bluedusef you should get survivors matched to your skill level as each killer has their own MMR score - obviously as you do have game knowledge you shouldn't get brand new survivors though.

  • @Mandy said:

    @bluedusef you should get survivors matched to your skill level as each killer has their own MMR score - obviously as you do have game knowledge you shouldn't get brand new survivors though.

    Are the Devs keeping it hush-hush on how the MMR system works? Is it based on 2 Kills, 2 Escapes?

  • @Mandy said:

    @bluedusef you should get survivors matched to your skill level as each killer has their own MMR score - obviously as you do have game knowledge you shouldn't get brand new survivors though.

    Iknow what i will do, i will just test it with demo since hes another killer i literally never use. thanks mandy.

  • @Mandy said:

    @bluedusef you should get survivors matched to your skill level as each killer has their own MMR score - obviously as you do have game knowledge you shouldn't get brand new survivors though.

    That's good to hear. This was something I was wondering about too. Switching to a new killer you're unfamiliar and perkless with can sometimes be a pain when your rank is higher and getting matched against high ranks.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2030703#Comment_2030703

    Are the Devs keeping it hush-hush on how the MMR system works? Is it based on 2 Kills, 2 Escapes?

    We are not saying how it works no.

  • Could you vaguely explain the points it focuses on at least? Just want to have some faith in the system.

  • @Mandy said:

    nothing has changed with pipping as of right now, pipping will change when the MMR is implemented fully with the Rank Rewards etc.

    May I ask what will change about pipping?

    Time for the test is actually perfect for me. It'll be on during the day tomorrow (I live in France, it started at 7 PM), and it's a day off for me. There will be an official thread to get feedback?

    I can't wait to check the MMR, as a solo Survivor!

  • Well I just had my 1st game with it, playing a Killer I had never played before and thus should have had the lowest rating possible. I still pulled mostly Green and Purple. I'm like, seriously? Survivors are just Skins. How am I on par with a Purple if I've never played the Killer at all?

  • GachiPls SKITTLES MATCHMAKING

  • @TheMadCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2030691#Comment_2030691

    May I ask what will change about pipping?

    Time for the test is actually perfect for me. It'll be on during the day tomorrow (I live in France, it started at 7 PM), and it's a day off for me. There will be an official thread to get feedback?

    I can't wait to check the MMR, as a solo Survivor!

    Basically the information that I have right now is that everyone will be set back to Rank 20 on the 13th of each month, you will gain pips as you progress and put the time in but you won't depip. You will receive a BP reward based on your rank prior to the reset then - so if you get to rank 1 you will gain 250k for example, but if you get to rank 4 you will gain 200k (these numbers are examples for now).

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2030712#Comment_2030712

    Could you vaguely explain the points it focuses on at least? Just want to have some faith in the system.

    As we've previously communicated we're not giving information out as to what the factors are that increases or decreased your MMR score - various factors in a match does affect it.

    We want people to play as normally as possible.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2030731#Comment_2030731

    Basically the information that I have right now is that everyone will be set back to Rank 20 on the 13th of each month, you will gain pips as you progress and put the time in but you won't depip. You will receive a BP reward based on your rank prior to the reset then - so if you get to rank 1 you will gain 250k for example, but if you get to rank 4 you will gain 200k (these numbers are examples for now).

    Thank you so much for letting me know, it was exactly the information I was looking for!

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2030718#Comment_2030718

    As we've previously communicated we're not giving information out as to what the factors are that increases or decreased your MMR score - various factors in a match does affect it.

    We want people to play as normally as possible.

    I understand not wanting to be specific as people would abuse the system but you guys should know the trust level is extremely low and the tiniest smidgen of transparency would remove so much ire. We know the very first idea was based solely on kills, then whatever the first actual attempt was did not even slightly work, so its very difficult to blindly trust that not only will the system be functional, but it will actually account for who is better.


    The tiniest crumb of detail that would inspire so much confidence would be a simple question like "do add-ons affect the outcome?"

  • @Moundshroud said:

    Well I just had my 1st game with it, playing a Killer I had never played before and thus should have had the lowest rating possible. I still pulled mostly Green and Purple. I'm like, seriously? Survivors are just Skins. How am I on par with a Purple if I've never played the Killer at all?

    Depends on which killer you played.You should have basic killer knowledge that applies for every killer

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2030718#Comment_2030718

    As we've previously communicated we're not giving information out as to what the factors are that increases or decreased your MMR score - various factors in a match does affect it.

    We want people to play as normally as possible.

    So we aren't allowed to know how to get better at the game?

    How are we supposed to know it's working if we don't know how it works?

  • Ideally it should aim for creating a match with an expectation around 2-3 kills (or maybe 6-8 hooks) so that both sides have room for improvement and also for worsening.

    But a match with an expectation of 4k is also fine for purely mmr: simply if the killer gets 4k (the expected result) the mmr will change only minimally.

    Similarly it would work if the expected outcome is 0k.

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2030746#Comment_2030746

    I understand not wanting to be specific as people would abuse the system but you guys should know the trust level is extremely low and the tiniest smidgen of transparency would remove so much ire. We know the very first idea was based solely on kills, then whatever the first actual attempt was did not even slightly work, so its very difficult to blindly trust that not only will the system be functional, but it will actually account for who is better.

    The tiniest crumb of detail that would inspire so much confidence would be a simple question like "do add-ons affect the outcome?"

    I mean, I think its understandable wanting to keep the system under wraps for this first test. They want as clean results as possible so they can see what they need to fix.

    If this test turns out well, maybe they'll give some more information later down the line. At least they're working on it. This will only last 24 hours anyways.

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2030746#Comment_2030746

    I understand not wanting to be specific as people would abuse the system but you guys should know the trust level is extremely low and the tiniest smidgen of transparency would remove so much ire. We know the very first idea was based solely on kills, then whatever the first actual attempt was did not even slightly work, so its very difficult to blindly trust that not only will the system be functional, but it will actually account for who is better.

    The tiniest crumb of detail that would inspire so much confidence would be a simple question like "do add-ons affect the outcome?"

    Relax. It's a 24 hour test. At least let them get through a single day of testing before bringing trust into it.

  • @RepostRiposte said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2030756#Comment_2030756

    I mean, I think its understandable wanting to keep the system under wraps for this first test. They want as clean results as possible so they can see what they need to fix.

    If this test turns out well, maybe they'll give some more information later down the line. At least they're working on it. This will only last 24 hours anyways.

    My point is if the system is based around inaccurate things the data they gather will be meaningless.

  • Okay so i just tested it with demo who i said in earlier post i never use right, here are the ranks


    • 2 rank 16s
    • rank 20 with only 2 perks
    • rank 18* with 3 perks


    im rank 4 killer but again i never ever use demo.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2030735#Comment_2030735

    Depends on which killer you played.You should have basic killer knowledge that applies for every killer

    Nope, not if this is supposed to be based on the skill of the Killer that you are playing. If you are right, that means they are still basing my opponents on the abilities of the Killer I'm BEST with, or the number of hours I have. The simple truth is I'm very good with patterns. I have a TON of Killers that are all Level-1 because I specialized in Myers. It won't take me long to play the different Killers and parse the formula, or close enough for government work. This is because I have a control group, i.e. the Killer I tend to win with most of the time, and a ton of Killers with no previous play.

    In deference to the DEV I'm not going to blurt out what I discover (which I figure will take a week or so at least), but it is clear to me from the games already that it isn't based primarily on the Skill level with an individual Killer. It is taking something else into account in the formula. I already have a theory which doesn't violate the results I've had so far, so I'm going to keep testing.

  • Calm down everyone! It's just a day and then another year with the old/current matchmaking.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2030718#Comment_2030718

    As we've previously communicated we're not giving information out as to what the factors are that increases or decreased your MMR score - various factors in a match does affect it.

    We want people to play as normally as possible.

    Presumably it's similar conditions as those counted for emblems and pips. If you're expecting players to play in order to gain pips and regard that as 'normal'.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2030718#Comment_2030718

    As we've previously communicated we're not giving information out as to what the factors are that increases or decreased your MMR score - various factors in a match does affect it.

    We want people to play as normally as possible.

    Dang Mandy, you're putting in the work answering so many questions! We appreciate your feedback

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2030746#Comment_2030746

    I understand not wanting to be specific as people would abuse the system but you guys should know the trust level is extremely low and the tiniest smidgen of transparency would remove so much ire. We know the very first idea was based solely on kills, then whatever the first actual attempt was did not even slightly work, so its very difficult to blindly trust that not only will the system be functional, but it will actually account for who is better.

    The tiniest crumb of detail that would inspire so much confidence would be a simple question like "do add-ons affect the outcome?"

    How do you know it was solely based on kills?

    Honestly, I don't think the Devs gave the old MMR enough time for it to even out everything. Plus everyone on the forums and streamers were all bashing it from the get go. I would have much rather had the old MMR that none at all. I was definitely getting better matches than anything I've gotten in the last year.

    Ranking means absolutely nothing and that's why everyone, including streamers, were bashing it. It was a clown-fiesta and the Devs caved to it.

  • There is only one solution.

    Rank locking with absolutely zero interference of other ranks outside the tiers below:


    Tier 1: Brown and Yellow ranks together

    Tier 2: Green and Purple ranks together

    Tier 3: And Red ranks by their own because they've earned their position in their empty lobby simulator


    Once your in your tier that's it. You can never go down, only up till your at the top. Then your there for ALL ETERNITY.