Game becomes kinda boring after you reached rank 1
What else is there to do? I don't even need shards when there is not enough cosmetics for my character.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
a lot of people just get to rank1 so they can say they have, then immediatey derank so they dont have to play in the most competitive rank.
i can tell by your post that you just “reached” rank1 for the first time this season, coincidentally a season with a double bp farming event, resulting in rank1s who shouldnt be there.
also, i can tell by the way you mention cosmetics for your “character” that you are a survivor main who only plays that one character. thus the answer to your question of what else is there to do, is to either actually play at rank1 for once, or start playing killer to help balance your perspective, since youre the same person who was justifying DCing in the other thread.
Rank reset is in another week so maybe take a break for a bit.
DBD is a huge grind for BP
im a genius. if i were wrong, dont you think id know it?
and like i said earlier, anyone can hit rank1 during a season where a bp farming event happened. let me know when you get there during a real season son.
That's because you played for a rank that doesn't mean anything except for matchmaking. Try playing to just enjoy the game, maybe you could, you know... enjoy the game.
Play at that level, invest in another character or play killer it will make you even better of a survivor. The grind on the game is crazy so if you don't want to do that change up your load out to make the game harder. Remember it is still a game and if you stop enjoying it go play something else and come back for events and new content.
Hopefully soon they'll add ranked and devotion cosmetic awards only unlocked by leveling up (not available in the store). That's more incentive to grind.
If you feel like it's getting boring or repetitive, trying switching up your main and perk build to spice things up. If that doesn't work, I'd just take a little break until you get your DBD itch back.
”i wont play the other side”
lol k
also, i didnt call you any names, and i dont want to belittle you, you brought that upon yourself when you called me an idiot for giving a 100% accurate analysis of your situation, for which, again, you are welcome.
im not one you want to fight. you should rethink your strategy.
For example do a R1 Pig challenge like i did.
jussayin, neither are required.
I see this in Overwatch when someone hits high rank or plays long enough. I see it in HoTS hen someone hits high rank or plays long enough. I see it in Paladins hen someone hits high rank or plays long enough.
It's the nature of PvP games. If a constant drip of rewards is your goal, then perhaps an MMO, or a co-op game like Borderlands 2, would be a better choice at this point in time. Not being snarky, but the idea behind a lot of these types of games is to constantly challenge yourself to improve and do even better against your opponents. Working on getting that 4k consistently as a Killer. Maxing out BP categories as a Survivor. Testing new and off-the-wall loadouts. And so forth.
If those things don't appeal to you, then you might just be at the point where DBD isn't the game for you right now. Nothing wrong with that. I mean, hell, after two-plus years in Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm, I finally shelved those games and came here a couple weeks ago. I even have every cosmetic in both games that I actually want, so even cosmetic rewards are done for now. They ran their course with me, and it was time for me to move on.
Prestige 3 rank 50 all killers and survivors
Unlock all perks
Spend shards on cosmetics
Unlock all trophies or achievements
Experiment with new builds
Try to escape without getting into a chase once
Challenge yourself with no/weak perks
Play killers you are terrible with
Etc.
You gotta get a bit creative. I wish the game had more daily rituals and rewards built in. Hopefully someday soon.
Yeah I got bored of overwatch and paladins also.
@scerckan
Voice com ruins f13th and counselors teaming up with jason.
@Lowbei
I'm not scared of you silly.
This is every game I have ever played with a talent or loadout system, whether it is a PvE game like an MMO or a PvP game like Paladins. There are cookie-cutter loadouts that are almost a necessity to run and are Meta because they simply synergize too damned well.
It isn't that game imbalance is real, it's that game balance is a myth. I've done some game design in the table-top RPG industry (12 years worth), and even there a game is never actually balanced. That's why the whole concept of a min-maxer has existed since the 1980s and still exists today in both table-top and video games.
Even when one Meta build is nerfed to not synergize as well (that so-called balance), there will always be others. There are simply too many moving parts in build systems like this. Never mind when new assets are introduced as time goes on (i.e. Perks on new Killers and Survivors in this game).
I enjoy all my games at rank one because this is one of those games that has a slightly better ranking system at high rank. Anyone can be carried to R1 but it is hard to stay up there against a diverse range of killer characters and the people that play them. I like playing at R1 because things like SWF test you and make each game a close one. Sure I might steam roll a few or lose a few its all in the fun.
Once you have got to R1 survivor and played many many games at that level move onto killer or something. There is a lot to do on this game and many ways to make the game more entertaining for yourself. I think your main issue is that you have done too much of one thing.
Saying that you have nothing to do because you can't buy cosmetics for one character is just ridiculous. Going off the assumption that you spend the majority of your time playing this one character it could also be assumed you have limited experience with other characters that offer a different style of play.
You need to branch out and push yourself my friend. There is still a lot for you to learn and enjoy.
I'd suggest one thing. You probably used relatively strong perks/addons etc to get there (correct me if I'm wrong here), so maybe it's time to fool around with non-meta perks. Both killers and survivors have a number of perks which are not strong enough so they are rarely used, even though they're fun. Make some stealth builds, then make some loop builds, a genrusher build or an altruistic and experiment with them. There's a lot of variety once you got to that coveted RANK OOOOONE.
At least that's what I did. I don't belong there anyway
You keep playing, or you try to have your friends play it with you. That's what I did (I have 1300+ hours), and it kinda renewed the game for me after playing solo for a looong time.
Pretty much once you have 100-150 hours played as either killer or survivor, you get a pretty good grasp of the mechanics and getting down to rank 1 is pretty much just another day. It's not like it's this hard achievement. Once you know what you're doing, it's very, very hard to de-pip.
What makes the game a little boring is how grindy it is. I'm at roughly 200 hours and I still have months of daily grinding for BPs. Some days I just get burnt out on grinding and don't even play because I'm so sick of grinding BPs. Don't get me wrong, I understand the concept of grinding BPs (keeping people busy so they'll keep playing) but I wish they were a little less RNG.