Killers who tunnel

Why? I have played for 5 hours today and every single game I have gotten tunneled. I’m just trying to get my adept. I don’t have decisive and I’m not planning on getting it either because it’s getting nerfed. I went from rank 3 to rank 7 in just one day and I just want to get 1 normal game. Please stop tunneling.

Comments

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2024461#Comment_2024461

    How is he to know what the Survivors will put up for offerings?

    Lightborn and Mad Grit are both meme tier perks that are not worth taking at any rank above 10

    Yeah but they are also gonna introduce starstruck (makes every survivor within a certain range exposed when carrying a survivor) which is good for boodyblocking.

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2024462#Comment_2024462

    Yeah but they are also gonna introduce starstruck (makes every survivor within a certain range exposed when carrying a survivor) which is good for boodyblocking.

    You're going to take Starstruck over Ruin or Pop or Enduring or BBQ ect ect?

    I doubt it. Starstruck is extremely niche.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2023162#Comment_2023162

    Ehm you're asking people to use a certain perk on killer side but in the next sentence taking a perk for certain situations on survivor side is a waste?

    Well I don’t expect to get tunneled so it is a waste. Corrupt intervention is still a good perk even if you aren’t getting genrushed.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2024479#Comment_2024479

    Eh, BHVR knows slamming gens is a huge problem, but hasn't done anything about it for the same reason they've not fixed camping and tunneling.

    It's a legitimate strategy.

    Only noob killers are complaining about gen rush.

    Camping and tunneling a survivor is ruining the survivor's experience, whatever the skill he/she has.

    Gen rush doesn't even exist. You can't be g en rushed if you have map control and if you drive your game towards a 3 gens situation.

  • @Hookismylife said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2024613#Comment_2024613

    Only noob survivors complain about tunneling :)

    If you know the map and how to link strong loops, you Will avoid tunneling.

    Oh, in this forums is another player with a mame similar to yours, but with 4500 hours and Game knowledge, he uploaded a Game with Freddy vs premade, 2:30 min 5 gens.

    But if you say that Genrush doesnt exist with your 150 hours played.... You must be right

    Nope, even if you are the best player in the game you will most likely not be able to counter tunneling. Killers have several gen regression perks and a lot more to work with

  • If survivors are holding W and predropping pallets, I'm gonna tunnel and camp. Sorry, but if I'm having a miserable game then so will everyone else. Call me a big meanie, but all anyone's gotta do to avoid that is to not do the survivor equivalent of tunneling/camping.

    Also, it's literally the only thing you can do to win against those teams, but mostly it's about petty revenge and general venting.

  • @saltmineinaction said:

    Not only tunneling but hard camping needs to stop too. Gameplays like this ruin it for survivors... Ive had 3 games in a row today with tunnelers & hard camping and it just ruins the whole game

    You sound like a meg

  • Sometimes you gotta tunnel.

  • @Hookismylife said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2024804#Comment_2024804

    DS counters tunneling.

    UB counters slugging while DS timer is up.

    Learning how to loop also helps.

    Ruin + Undying are totems, clean it, the game is not sitting on gens pressing M1.

    Corrupt Intervention is playing with 3 perks the rest of the game.

    Pop needs to hook survivors and maybe a Chase can cost 2 gens so is not worth It.

    So yeah, gen regression perks can be strong vs 100 hours survivors. Skilled survivors clean totems to avoid possible hex perks at endgame, non skilled survivors open threads at forums.

    Yeah but still, a lot of players I have played with still get tunneled after ds or unbreakable. Gen regression perks are strong against almost every survivor.

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2024025#Comment_2024025

    Maybe the killer should use a map offering or a sacrificial ward. Lightborn and wait out dead hard + mad grit solves every issue you mentioned. Killers can counter almost anything but survivors can’t do ######### against tunnelers.


    Your argument is literally to use perks to stop a behavior when there are literally multiple perks to stop tunnelling.

  • @Hookismylife said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2025043#Comment_2025043

    One more time, you are wrong.

    Gen Regression perks based on totems are just trash, can dissapear 1 min after the survivor team find the ffirst gen and see you are running totems.

    And another thing, if the killer is tunneling someone, the rest is rushing gens so.... maybe the killer will end the game with just 1 kill and 3 escapes, not worth.

    No ofense but, How many hours have you invested on Dbd? Because reading your answers im thinking on maybe 200, and that means you have not knowledge of the game yet.

    I have 2k hours. Use surveillance, pop or surge if you don’t like hex perks. If the killer is still gonna get 1k after tunneling then why do it? Probably just gonna depip or safety pip so there is no point. Just making the game ######### for someone that is trying to play normally

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2024461#Comment_2024461

    Your argument is literally to use perks to stop a behavior when there are literally multiple perks to stop tunnelling.

    Killers also have far less options to counter honestly. Killers must bring perks that are only good to counter specific play styles (light born for example) while survivors can bring perks that are just generally good regardless of a playstyle (BT and DS for example) and then can also bring items to assist and find more items to assist.

    Killers you have to have specific builds to counter things with while survivors you can make a pretty generic build that counters most things killer throws at you (BT, DS, DeadHard, and whatever else you want like unbreakable or small game and bring flashlights. That's a solid build that covers almost all your bases. You alone have options against tunneling, camping, and either totem killer or slugging with additional options for chases

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2024461#Comment_2024461

    Your argument is literally to use perks to stop a behavior when there are literally multiple perks to stop tunnelling.

    Yeah they buy you/teammates time which is good. But we all know that you will die in the end because DS is just not enough. Stun the killer for 5 seconds loop him and then die. Same with BT, take a hit loop and die. Killer won’t actually leave you alone for a few seconds

  • @BeardedScrub said:

    You've got to be kidding me. We are comparing tunneling, a known toxic thing to do, with doing gens, a survivors main objective?

    Talk about a toxic killer community... Wow..

    There are several counters to multiple gens popping at once, though it is rare to get 3 to pop before you hook someone. If that keeps happening just get corrupt intervention. But this is rare, and takes rare circumstances like a big map or a bunch of new parts.

    Even many complaints in this thread are from people who admit they kill 2 or 3 survivors in a game. For petes sake! A normal balanced result is 2 kills. You may get all 4. You may get 0. That's how this game works. Sometimes you win by skill, or you lose by luck, it happens. Stop complaining everytime you get a result you don't want. The kill rate is over 2 already, which shows more are killed then survive. There's not much that can be done. People who get tunneled can play decisive strike, after the new update, it will be more balanced. As a killer play corrupt rather then playing no ed with Michael Myers (which you don't need because you can just stalk to get that!).

    We can make minor changes to burn sides but this stuff happens. Enjoy the game, try to get as many kills as you can. And if you have a few games with 2 games or less, realize it's not a big deal.

    As far as the main topic at hand. I'm a survivor, I know it sucks to get tunneled, it's not toxic to use decisive strike when you keep getting tunneled, as long as you aren't purposely using it for offense. They will nerf they part of it anyway, get decisive strike, and when you have a rough go of it, use it for a few games

    ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm killing the survivors is the killers objective. So if tunneling gets the kill then oh well.

  • @YourNightmare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2024482#Comment_2024482

    Only noob killers are complaining about gen rush.

    Camping and tunneling a survivor is ruining the survivor's experience, whatever the skill he/she has.

    Gen rush doesn't even exist. You can't be g en rushed if you have map control and if you drive your game towards a 3 gens situation.

    Unlikely. Prove your point.

    "Only noob Survivors complain about camping and tunneling. Good Survivors will win regardless."

    The game is inherently Survivor-sided and your bias shows by not actually the basic unbalanced nature of the game.

  • @aroell said:

    Why? I have played for 5 hours today and every single game I have gotten tunneled. I’m just trying to get my adept. I don’t have decisive and I’m not planning on getting it either because it’s getting nerfed. I went from rank 3 to rank 7 in just one day and I just want to get 1 normal game. Please stop tunneling.

    Murphy's Law- anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.

    If you try for an Adept Survivor you'll get a tunneling sweaty Killer, Adept Killer and its a 4 man toxic SWF SEAL team.

    Rift Challenge? Daily Ritual? Hard Achievements? Same always happens.

  • @DeliciousFood said:

    A lot of very boosted killers are prowling the game with rank reset. Because of how mediocre they are in general, but are propelled by the ever present and perfect matchmaking, they believe that the only way to win is by resorting to early tunnelling and camping. Not realizing that most of the time they're against solos that are ill equipped to deal with it. These same killers will almost always lose to even an average SWF (those that are hardly coordinated and do it for fun) because they are ultimately boosted and won't be able to handle any sort of strategic approach from survivors.

    Just play Killer if you don't have friends to play with.

    I seen boosted swf group cause they carried their friends. If anything both sides have boosted players.

  • Even the worst survivor can do a gen.

    Every pair of hands on a gen is time the killer is losing.

    If you are not in the game, that's hands removed from generators for the rest of the match

    Therefore it's always in the killer's best interest to remove people from the game WHEN PRESENTED THE OPPORTUNITY

  • @ZtarShot said:

    I haven't been in the dbd community all that much in the past few months, who said Decisive Strike was getting nerfed?

    Also, why mention it if you're attempting to get your adept?

    DS will deactivate when you do objectives like healing, gens, totems, don't think lockers count.

    People are upset about the changes because it removes your ability to be immune.

  • As a Killer main, tunneling sucks, it isn't fun, camping isn't fun.

    Although nor is getting 1 hook by the time 3 gens are done, doesn't matter if it's a high mobility killer, just to be able to come back from not finding a survivor within 30 seconds of the game, I run Ruin, Pop, Undying and Surveillance, I shouldn't have to put on that build, but there's not much of a choice when games end in quick if i'm playing some m1 killer.

    Two sides of the coin, albeit different sides, but not good sides, one coexists with the other.

    Aside from that, tbag = tunnel.

  • @OMagic_ManO said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2022584#Comment_2022584

    DS will deactivate when you do objectives like healing, gens, totems, don't think lockers count.

    People are upset about the changes because it removes your ability to be immune.

    Lets say I get unhooked and chased and the killer loses me, doesn’t go after anyone else but is still looking for me. In that time should I be useless or hop on a gen? Then he finds me 30 seconds after and I don’t have my DS, maybe it should be for 60 seconds unless someone gets downed or something

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2024613#Comment_2024613

    Unlikely. Prove your point.

    "Only noob Survivors complain about camping and tunneling. Good Survivors will win regardless."

    The game is inherently Survivor-sided and your bias shows by not actually the basic unbalanced nature of the game.

    The game is killer sided. You can tunnel and camp without being punished even though there are perks that encourage to go for someone else or not camp (make your choice, devour hope) killers still do it. If ur having a hard time maybe play spirit or hag? It takes more skill to be good at survivor than killer

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2025286#Comment_2025286

    The game is killer sided. You can tunnel and camp without being punished even though there are perks that encourage to go for someone else or not camp (make your choice, devour hope) killers still do it. If ur having a hard time maybe play spirit or hag? It takes more skill to be good at survivor than killer

    What Rank do you play at?

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2025441#Comment_2025441

    Lets say I get unhooked and chased and the killer loses me, doesn’t go after anyone else but is still looking for me. In that time should I be useless or hop on a gen? Then he finds me 30 seconds after and I don’t have my DS, maybe it should be for 60 seconds unless someone gets downed or something

    It's 60 seconds, you will be able to use it again but the timer stops as soon as you do an objective, it stops a Survivor from sitting on a gen and having a Killer waste time picking them up for a 5 second stun, it will still benefit you in not getting tunneled, use it as a getaway tool, it was not meant for you to be untouchable.

  • Went from 3 to 7 as I said in the original post. I’m playing at rank 6 currently. You?

  • @KingFrost said:

    Yeah, it's hard going for adepts when you can't have an exhaustion perk to help you escape from the hook. You have to HOPE your teammates have BT. Best thing you can do is probably just avoid the killer most of the match, and work on gens when it's safe. Maybe do totems instead, since the killer can't see where those are.

    You know idk why bt doesn't work on the one who brought it on unhook vs depending on others to bring it. Would help with unsafe unhooks

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2025990#Comment_2025990

    Went from 3 to 7 as I said in the original post. I’m playing at rank 6 currently. You?

    1 and 1, respectively and I've been there for about two years.

  • @Tsulan said:

    I´m gonna lean out of the window here and say that the killers also just want to get 1 normal game. Not one, where 3 gens are done by the first hook.

    Exactly

  • Do you guys even know how the game works to say some crap like this ?

    I mean, did you even understand the chore of the gameplay of this game ?

    Do you know that gen rush doesn't exist if you play properly ?

    • Start of the game : 5 gens left, 8 gens on map, map control is impossible, survivors can gen rush during this part
    • Middle of the game : 2/3 gens left, 5/6 gens on the map, area to control is smaller, gen rush is impossible at this time, but some gens can be done
    • End of the game : 1 gen left, 3 gens on map, if you have applied the good pressure, you end up in a 3 gens situation. This part of the trial can last 5 minutes... sometimes even 10 minutes.
  • @YourNightmare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026178#Comment_2026178

    Do you guys even know how the game works to say some crap like this ?

    I mean, did you even understand the chore of the gameplay of this game ?

    Do you know that gen rush doesn't exist if you play properly ?

    • Start of the game : 5 gens left, 8 gens on map, map control is impossible, survivors can gen rush during this part
    • Middle of the game : 2/3 gens left, 5/6 gens on the map, area to control is smaller, gen rush is impossible at this time, but some gens can be done
    • End of the game : 1 gen left, 3 gens on map, if you have applied the good pressure, you end up in a 3 gens situation. This part of the trial can last 5 minutes... sometimes even 10 minutes.

    I Actually lol'd at this. I can't tell if its bait or you're being serious but I'll treat it as serious, here is my response. Also @Tsulan since this was your comment originally I agreed with what are your thoughts?

    - 'Gen Rush doesn't exist if you play properly' is something that someone not too inexperienced with the game would say, or an entitled survivor main who doesn't play killer or plays low level. A lot of survivor mains even admit the existence of gen rush. The ability of gen rushing is very much dependent on the calibre of survivor;

    4 efficient survivors (don't necessarily have to be a 4 man SWF) are gonna make a tough game for any killer. Simple things such as;

    - Spreading pressure rather than 3 or 4 people on 1 gen. Killer can't pressure 3 or 4 gens at once

    -My teammate was on a gen and is now getting chased. I could run away or hide from the killer but instead I'll hop on the gen they were working on and finish it

    - First 2 gens popped very near each other/ same side. I should therefore not just go for the first gen I see which may also be close but go to another side of the map

    - Let's be mindful of central map generators, aim for them and spread the remaining gens

    - The generator is 95% done and i hear TR. Instead of immediately running i will commit to this gen and complete it at the potential expense of a health state

    - Wandering about or being immersed is wasted gen time. So when appropriate I'm on a gen and not wasting time

    - I'm on a gen with someone else and I see the killer approaching. I will attempt to let the killer chase me and allow the other survivor to complete the gen


    These are just a few examples of what efficient survivors think. Of course the individual killer, mobility of the killer, potential of a 1 shot down (cannibal, hillbilly etc) and of course the skill of the player playing killer. But if you're against 3 or 4 survivors with mindsets and skill levels of the above, you are going to struggle. Even top streamers, people who play this game as a living struggle of against 4 efficient survivors (and once again I'll clarify they don't have to be SWF. I'm by no means the best survivor but I have the above mindset)

    1) At least we agree on something

    2) Disagree, gen rush is 'very much possible ' at this point. Plus also how good are the survivors at looping, hook time, time to walk to challenge gen, gen defence perks, survivor skill etc all come into play. If survivors are conscious about a 3 gen possibility they will do their best to avoid it

    3) The way you say 'if you apply good pressure you will have a 3 gen situation' makes it sound moronically simple. In theory it's very simple in practice not always. All the points I've raised point towards why a 3 gen doesn't always happen.

    That's my carefully thought out reply. 3 gen is desirable and I aim for it but not always possible. And to clarify;

    Yes - I know how the game works; hopefully my reply shows as much

    Yes - I understand the chore of gameplay

    No - I'm afraid Gen Rush does exist and to think it doesnt is simply a naive or blinkered attitude to have

  • @YourNightmare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026178#Comment_2026178

    Do you guys even know how the game works to say some crap like this ?

    I mean, did you even understand the chore of the gameplay of this game ?

    Do you know that gen rush doesn't exist if you play properly ?

    • Start of the game : 5 gens left, 8 gens on map, map control is impossible, survivors can gen rush during this part
    • Middle of the game : 2/3 gens left, 5/6 gens on the map, area to control is smaller, gen rush is impossible at this time, but some gens can be done
    • End of the game : 1 gen left, 3 gens on map, if you have applied the good pressure, you end up in a 3 gens situation. This part of the trial can last 5 minutes... sometimes even 10 minutes.

    Actually I've just read some of your comments on other posts and you're definitely either a troll account or entitled survivor main. Therefore I don't really expect a serious response to my previous answer above

1 2 ›