Remove survivors dictating where the deathslingers chain goes
It’s a busted mechanic which just gives people that was out played the Ability to go nope when breaking the chain should be done by other survivors
It’s a busted mechanic which just gives people that was out played the Ability to go nope when breaking the chain should be done by other survivors
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
You haven’t outplayed them if you’ve allowed them to be speared in a position where they can break the chain. And what does it matter? It still inflicts deep wounds.
No.
It's one of the few things survivors can do as counterplay to Deathslinger's gun. Not to mention you can already walk backwards making survivors have a harder time catching on to objects, because they "move" faster that way.
And yet just recently another Deathslinger was complaining that survivors could break the chain... Nobody is going to be happy no matter what they do. Best to just spear them in the open...
Honestly we should make it so the spear instantly kills the survivors. Maybe Deathslinger players will finally be happy.
I’m on about when you get them and they drag the cain into a spot where they won’t be moved and breaks it why should the person with a spear in them be allowed to dictate where the chain goes I don’t care if it breaks because I screwed up sometimes it’s to wound them I’m on about you get them in the gate at range and they drag it behind a corner of the gate why would they be allowed to do that
There's an add on that Exposes a Survivor shot at 15m away. I mean, that's pretty close.
I have no clue what your talking about because whenever I try and do it I always get reeled in.
Yeah, no.
You got outplayed if you shoot them and they can run to a spot and break the chain.
This.
Good deathslingers wont shoot if your in a position where the chain will break.
no, while I disagree with a lot of the community about how strong deathslinger is (hes got a decent amount of counterplay and has a much lower skill ceiling than huntress), you cant remove the agency the survivor has over the deathslingers chain. part of the counter play that people don't like to admit slinger has is forcing him into areas where his chain isn't as useful, tight spots where even if he hits you he will effectively get nothing from it because it was a bad position for him to try and chain you, capitalizing on the killers mistakes as a survivor should be able to. if the survivor cant move the chain at all this eliminates a lot of escapable shots making him legitimately have little to no counter play.
this suggestion is equivalent to making huntress have no hatchet wind up, it would take her already strong power and make it where no survivor could dodge or avoid it. its not fair.
Maybe that's because our fellow survivors are hiding industry secrets from us. I've seen many times as killer, survivors moving super hard to the left or right, but I'm never able to do that as survivor.
I don't think they should have no control but they have way too much control right now, especially when you're walking towards them instead of pulling backwards.
that's why you walk backwards, it pulls them towards you faster. If you choose to walk forwards you give them more leeway on the chain. Why should that change?
Is this a pc secret. Because I have no control on the chain at all when I am on console.
Because it's like the Clown's yellow bottles where the survivors for some reason get an advantage from the KILLER'S POWER. That should not be the case. It's stupid, plain and simple.
It usually is based on whether or not the killer is moving backwards. You get more control as deathslinger when you move backwards.
Just move backwards and that negates any advantage they get. Why should this be changed when the killer can just choose to pull the survivor towards them. The survivor doesn't get an advantage.
Yes. They will get free easier if you give them slack in the chain... Why would you ever walk toward them while reeling in?
The thing with clown, is he's just a fat guy with bad fashion sense.
Why wouldn't the concoctions he makes to speed himself not work for all other humans? It's made to interact with human physiology.
In 99% cases you can't get out from his chain before he can hit you, unless you shot them at very bad time / wrong place.