1 minute match...

Because 3 survivors DC as soon as the camera stopped spinning on Midwich. I'm a red rank survivor, is Midwich really THAT bad for green/yellow survivors that have played enough to have full purple load out of various teachable perks? I'd understand it being scary for a new player but not veteran. They didn't even wait to see who they were playing against, if they had they would've seen it was a terrible Nurse just trying to get a blink daily done and it would've been easy match to escape. ๐Ÿ˜‚

sketch-1615251631227.png


Comments

  • @bm33 said:

    Because 3 survivors DC as soon as the camera stopped spinning on Midwich. I'm a red rank survivor, is Midwich really THAT bad for green/yellow survivors that have played enough to have full purple load out of various teachable perks? I'd understand it being scary for a new player but not veteran. They didn't even wait to see who they were playing against, if they had they would've seen it was a terrible Nurse just trying to get a blink daily done and it would've been easy match to escape. ๐Ÿ˜‚

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/29EMSH4JIOKC/sketch-1615251631227.png

    Well they can enjoy the DC penalty. People like that shouldn't play the game

  • Midwich has been a problem since it came out.

    Honestly it already needs a rework.

    If I see a Midwich offering burned I will force close dbd during the loading screen.

  • @Buckoben said:

    Midwich has been a problem since it came out.

    Honestly it already needs a rework.

    I agree there are a lot of problems especially for survivors and im a killer main. That having been said having 3 people DC at the start of the match is quite frankly pathetic

  • @Hex_Salt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007118#Comment_2007118

    I agree there are a lot of problems especially for survivors and im a killer main. That having been said having 3 people DC at the start of the match is quite frankly pathetic

    It's not fun for either side.

    Though with how little Midwich shows up this shouldn't happen very often.

    I still remember loading into Midwich before the DC penalty was reinstated and it was almost always a DC speedrun.

  • @Buckoben said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007124#Comment_2007124

    It's not fun for either side.

    Though with how little Midwich shows up this shouldn't happen very often.

    I still remember loading into Midwich before the DC penalty was reinstated and it was almost always a DC speedrun.

    If im being really honest, it's killer sided and as a lot of Killers it's a great map. Lots of unsafe pallets, long narrow corridors ,breakable walls that are more optimal if not broken, PH doctor bubba wraith and plenty more really benefit from this.

    Some people DC due to certain killers. To do it because of a map???

    People like that shouldnt play the game. Apart from anything else they ruin it for others and as I said to DC for a map is pathetic

  • @Hex_Salt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007130#Comment_2007130

    If im being really honest, it's killer sided and as a lot of Killers it's a great map. Lots of unsafe pallets, long narrow corridors ,breakable walls that are more optimal if not broken, PH doctor bubba wraith and plenty more really benefit from this.

    Some people DC due to certain killers. To do it because of a map???

    People like that shouldnt play the game. Apart from anything else they ruin it for others and as I said to DC for a map is pathetic

    Map was a big reason to DC before the penalty was introduced because why are you going to play on a map that is more like pulling teeth then you know... FUN.

    Also Midwich just isn't fun to play on either side. it's got the worst of The Game and Hawkins combined for a of a miasma of boring.

  • @Buckoben said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007146#Comment_2007146

    Map was a big reason to DC before the penalty was introduced because why are you going to play on a map that is more like pulling teeth then you know... FUN.

    Also Midwich just isn't fun to play on either side. it's got the worst of The Game and Hawkins combined for a of a miasma of boring.

    Introducing DC penalty was good as well for this. As I said if they don't like the fact they get a map they don't like them stop playing the game its obviously not for them. Its unbalanced for survivor but how are you supposed to get better? Play on Haddonfield or Coldwind every time because they favour survivors?

    And as I previously said they are ruining other peoples fun as well.

    Honestly of people get so easily triggered by a map then they really shouldn't play

  • @Hex_Salt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007130#Comment_2007130

    If im being really honest, it's killer sided and as a lot of Killers it's a great map. Lots of unsafe pallets, long narrow corridors ,breakable walls that are more optimal if not broken, PH doctor bubba wraith and plenty more really benefit from this.

    Some people DC due to certain killers. To do it because of a map???

    People like that shouldnt play the game. Apart from anything else they ruin it for others and as I said to DC for a map is pathetic

    I understand DC because of killer - like how Doctor gives some migraines, makes sense they'd quit. But I agree just because of a map is pretty lame. If you suck it up and play the map it actually gets easier, if you quit anytime you get it you will never learn the map and get better.

    Also atleast see who the killer is before you quit. I'm on console - there's like 5 good nurses, 5 decent nurses, and then the rest of us that are just terrible with her... So terrible that it could be the most killer sided map and all the survivors will still escape. ๐Ÿ˜‚ If those survivors stayed they would've had gens done, escaped, and be in q for next match way faster than waiting for DC penalty to wear off. ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @Hex_Salt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007169#Comment_2007169

    Introducing DC penalty was good as well for this. As I said if they don't like the fact they get a map they don't like them stop playing the game its obviously not for them. Its unbalanced for survivor but how are you supposed to get better? Play on Haddonfield or Coldwind every time because they favour survivors?

    And as I previously said they are ruining other peoples fun as well.

    Honestly of people get so easily triggered by a map then they really shouldn't play

    Dude I hate to be that guy but, it speaks more about the map that it is still common to see DC's on Midwich.

    This means that people would rather eat the 5 minutes then play the 15 minute game to it's conclusion on that map, And this is really the only map it happens on.

    I personally will contemplate it as I haven't had fun on that map once (either side) and if a map offering is seen you know I'm force closing DBD before loading.

    This thread is really just an indictment on Midwich and it's poor design more then anything.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I once had a match where I downed the first survivor and then 3 of them immediately DCed, like they were trying to get a perfect no-down escape or something (the one survivor who didn't DC, I let them have the hatch).

    Some people will DC over the stupidest #########, and it's out of our control.

    I found and led the last survivor in this match to the hatch, not their fault their team quit.

    People definitely do DC for dumb reasons, this was just the quickest I've seen and for no reason other than map and others quit.

    Before DC penalties I had a match where survivor 1 DCed moment they saw it was Leatherface. Survivor 2 DCed about 30 seconds later when downed. Survivor 3 was then found nearby in a locker, hooked, attempted escape as I was running towards them, and killed self before I reached them. As I went to look for the hatch Leatherface then DCed. This all in under 5 minutes. ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • The main reason I hate this map is the fixed locations of the gates being too easy for killers to patrol and defend, and that sometimes it takes way too long to even find the gens. Also gets annoying to not know what floor totems are on when using small game.

  • @Buckoben said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007180#Comment_2007180

    Dude I hate to be that guy but, it speaks more about the map that it is still common to see DC's on Midwich.

    This means that people would rather eat the 5 minutes then play the 15 minute game to it's conclusion on that map, And this is really the only map it happens on.

    I personally will contemplate it as I haven't had fun on that map once (either side) and if a map offering is seen you know I'm force closing DBD before loading.

    This thread is really just an indictment on Midwich and it's poor design more then anything.

    But as I said if you kept DC'ing how would you get better at it? It's like anything in life, any game you can only get better at it by playing it. Running away from it isn't going to help ans as I sajd it ruins it for everyone else. And that 5 minute penalty multiplies if it happens multiple times in a day. Midwich is amazing for most killers, its unbalanced in their favour and please bear in mind I'm a killer main and I'm saying this.

    Chasing someone down a narrow corridor as bubba = chainsaw

    M1 killer - very few safe pallets

    M1 killer - very few windows. With pallets broken a lot of dead zones

    Corridors and rooms - bounce for blight

    Double floor - doctors shock will get you

    Pyramid Head - King on this map

    Freddy - try dodging his snares when asleep the map is so narrow

    Spirit- tracks easy to follow

    Clown- again narrow map easy bottle throws

    Etc etc etc

    And yes some killers struggle but most excel.

    I think it speaks more about the attitude and desire to improve of those who DC rather than the map itself.

  • @Hex_Salt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007200#Comment_2007200

    But as I said if you kept DC'ing how would you get better at it? It's like anything in life, any game you can only get better at it by playing it. Running away from it isn't going to help ans as I sajd it ruins it for everyone else. And that 5 minute penalty multiplies if it happens multiple times in a day. Midwich is amazing for most killers, its unbalanced in their favour and please bear in mind I'm a killer main and I'm saying this.

    Chasing someone down a narrow corridor as bubba = chainsaw

    M1 killer - very few safe pallets

    M1 killer - very few windows. With pallets broken a lot of dead zones

    Corridors and rooms - bounce for blight

    Double floor - doctors shock will get you

    Pyramid Head - King on this map

    Freddy - try dodging his snares when asleep the map is so narrow

    Spirit- tracks easy to follow

    Clown- again narrow map easy bottle throws

    Etc etc etc

    And yes some killers struggle but most excel.

    I think it speaks more about the attitude and desire to improve of those who DC rather than the map itself.

    It's not FUN as Killer either because the map is just 2 corridors, less RNG then any other map in the game, and only 2 ways up to the top floor. They literally took a map designed for a single player horror experience and directly translated it.

    It doesn't work and is a chore to kill on even if killers are good on it.

    It doesn't matter how well killers do on a map if the killer didn't have FUN.

    Also, If you haven't played on Midwich against an OoO pray you never will.

  • I've never had a problem on Midwich as either survivor or killer...

  • Imagine if killers DCed on all the survivor sided maps? Get over this #########.

  • @KlapzCheeks said:

    Imagine if killers DCed on all the survivor sided maps? Get over this #########.

    I've had plenty of killers DC when they and a survivor play a map offering and they end out on survivors map. Or when they see its Haddonfield/Ormond. Survivors are just seen doing it more because it's 4 survivors for every 1 killer.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007235#Comment_2007235

    I've had plenty of killers DC when they and a survivor play a map offering and they end out on survivors map. Or when they see its Haddonfield/Ormond. Survivors are just seen doing it more because it's 4 survivors for every 1 killer.

    Ive had survivors DC more often then killers.

  • Yes, because like I said it's 4 survivors for every 1 killer. The odds you see survivors DC is much higher because you see more survivors than killers.

  • It's not scary. That map is just miserable to play on.

  • Why so much hate for midwich. I love the map on both sides.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007249#Comment_2007249

    Yes, because like I said it's 4 survivors for every 1 killer. The odds you see survivors DC is much higher because you see more survivors than killers.

    I get what youre saying but survivors will also just throw and kill themselves on first hook. Which is just as bad as a DC if not worse.

  • Well its not scary, but its also not that enjoyable. I've also realized its been in map rotation a lot more, kind of like how I was getting back to back to back Swamp matches. Also, green/yellow ranks are not 'veterans', they play horribly most of the time. They probably just dislike the map or play it so much they'd rather D/C and wait than to have to play it out again.

  • @KlapzCheeks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007257#Comment_2007257

    I get what youre saying but survivors will also just throw and kill themselves on first hook. Which is just as bad as a DC if not worse.

    And killers if they don't DC will just go stand AFK facing a corner until the survivors finish gens and leave. Both sides have bad sports that will find ways to stop playing a match, but again you just see it more with survivors because you come across more survivors than killers.

    I won't say killing self isn't bad but killing self is not worse than DC. It awards killer more points than the quitter bonus, if not in basement the survivor has removed a hook permanently from the match, the survivor has distracted the killer for a time while being carried to the hook, and if they are last of 2 survivors it prevents the hatch from instantly opening like it does with DC so killer actually has chance to close it before other survivor can escape.

  • @Volcz said:

    Well its not scary, but its also not that enjoyable. I've also realized its been in map rotation a lot more, kind of like how I was getting back to back to back Swamp matches. Also, green/yellow ranks are not 'veterans', they play horribly most of the time. They probably just dislike the map or play it so much they'd rather D/C and wait than to have to play it out again.

    Veteran doesn't mean you're good at the game, it means you have experience. There's plenty that purposely depip to stay in low ranks for easy matches. If you have full purple load out of multiple teachables and your characters are in p3 clothes you have plenty of experience in the game.

    2 of the players that DCed didn't play an offering, if they get Midwich that often they should play map offerings to avoid it instead of DC at start of match.

  • Another success brought to you by the Behaviour Interactive map designers

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2008971#Comment_2008971

    And killers if they don't DC will just go stand AFK facing a corner until the survivors finish gens and leave. Both sides have bad sports that will find ways to stop playing a match, but again you just see it more with survivors because you come across more survivors than killers.

    I won't say killing self isn't bad but killing self is not worse than DC. It awards killer more points than the quitter bonus, if not in basement the survivor has removed a hook permanently from the match, the survivor has distracted the killer for a time while being carried to the hook, and if they are last of 2 survivors it prevents the hatch from instantly opening like it does with DC so killer actually has chance to close it before other survivor can escape.

    Killing youself on first hook takes out the DC penalty and they can go straight into the next game rinse and repeat until they get what they want. Its definitely worse in that aspect.

  • I thought Midwich was bad if you were a killer? As a survivor I don't have any issues with it. As killer I hate it but I still don't dc. It's a nightmare when I play Nurse. 2 levels makes blink canceling almost impossible. You get caught on so much debris. Lot of dead zones you can't blink through without a full charge.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    I thought Midwich was bad if you were a killer? As a survivor I don't have any issues with it. As killer I hate it but I still don't dc. It's a nightmare when I play Nurse. 2 levels makes blink canceling almost impossible. You get caught on so much debris. Lot of dead zones you can't blink through without a full charge.

    Only issue I have ever had with midwich was finding damn totems and we all know theres perks for that.

  • Midwich:

    Indoors so finding gens and patrolling gens is difficult.

    2 Floors with minimal ways to go up or down so getting to areas is hard for both sides

    Breakable walls

    Mostly unsafe pallets but theres like 20 of them

    Only 2 ways to get out of the middle section of the map

    Very short distance between exit gates.

    Literally, everything that can be bad about a map is something wrong with it. And the worst part is because of the licenses they can't make the changes required to make it a good map.

  • @KlapzCheeks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2009007#Comment_2009007

    Killing youself on first hook takes out the DC penalty and they can go straight into the next game rinse and repeat until they get what they want. Its definitely worse in that aspect.

    We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one because just missing out on DC penalty doesn't make someone killing self on hook worse than a DC for me.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    I thought Midwich was bad if you were a killer? As a survivor I don't have any issues with it. As killer I hate it but I still don't dc. It's a nightmare when I play Nurse. 2 levels makes blink canceling almost impossible. You get caught on so much debris. Lot of dead zones you can't blink through without a full charge.

    I feel like there's so many random sounds on Midwich too to help survivors. I know there are killers that can do well on Midwich but there are ones that are just completely useless on that map. It just amazes me that people hate a map THAT much that they'd rather eat a penalty than atleast wait to see who the killer is. I hate the Game map but I've never DCed on it, even when I had no HUD glitch against the Doctor. ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @Buckoben said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007146#Comment_2007146

    Map was a big reason to DC before the penalty was introduced because why are you going to play on a map that is more like pulling teeth then you know... FUN.

    Also Midwich just isn't fun to play on either side. it's got the worst of The Game and Hawkins combined for a of a miasma of boring.

    I actually find Midwich fun for both sides

    People just dont like challenging gameplay anymore

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2009043#Comment_2009043

    I feel like there's so many random sounds on Midwich too to help survivors. I know there are killers that can do well on Midwich but there are ones that are just completely useless on that map. It just amazes me that people hate a map THAT much that they'd rather eat a penalty than atleast wait to see who the killer is. I hate the Game map but I've never DCed on it, even when I had no HUD glitch against the Doctor. ๐Ÿ˜‚

    In the old days I remember when Billys would quit if it was Lerys or Haddonfield.