Are You Ever Going to Nerf Keys, BHVR?

I was just playing a match on Lery’s, I was in the middle of a chase, then there are 3 of them there. Boom, 3 man hatch escape from a key she found in a chest. If, or hopefully when, keys are nerfed, I’d like to see an unlock animation and every rarity but UR only allowing one person to escape. BHVR, I hope you will eventually get around to nerfing keys, but you’ve been losing a lot of credibility with killer mains sicnr you still haven’t followed through with that promise 4 months later.

Comments

  • Keys just take more effort to nerf than moris. We're already getting the DS nerf too. Besides, if the survivors use a key, then either you've already lost, or they've already lost. Just shrug it off and move onto the next game.

  • BHVR will take forever to nerf keys because it's a survivor item lul

  • @Azxx93 said:

    BHVR will take forever to nerf keys because it's a survivor item lul

    are you trying to make it sound like killers dont have overpowered addons too? cough cough iridescent heads

  • @swager21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2000123#Comment_2000123

    are you trying to make it sound like killers dont have overpowered addons too? cough cough iridescent heads

    First of all, key is an item with ability to escape without meeting win condition (technically)

    Every survivor can use key.

    Only one killer can use IRI heads, and it has its drawback of cutting down your hatchets from 5 to 4 plus, you can miss hatchets, key has one drawback, Franklins, but you can pick up the key back, yes, huntress can get more hatchets, but it hurts her much more momentum wise.

    At the top, killers also have much more bottom useless addons that help survivor more than them (Speed limiter, both Oni ultra rares are bad as well)


    I posted screenshot of the game where team 3 genned themselves, found hatch and did 3 man escape, completely punishing me for playing well and making 3 gen work. Killer addons can't do that.

  • @swager21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2000123#Comment_2000123

    are you trying to make it sound like killers dont have overpowered addons too? cough cough iridescent heads

    Iridescent is an add-on like you said, not a item.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    Keys just take more effort to nerf than moris. We're already getting the DS nerf too. Besides, if the survivors use a key, then either you've already lost, or they've already lost. Just shrug it off and move onto the next game.

    Sorry but keys are an issue. They give the survivor the ability to win the game prematurely and tbh when j see a survivor in the lobby and they use jt to escape its quite frankly a cheap win because they came with all intentions of using it. As you can tell I'm a killer main but I was quite happy with the mori nerf (they're cheap as well) on condition keys got changed.im just fed up with keys and when someone on lobby does a last minute key swap I go out my way to hard tunnel them, even if it means losing the game

  • it still makes the game 3 times harder

  • @Tomskrex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2000801#Comment_2000801

    First of all, key is an item with ability to escape without meeting win condition (technically)

    Every survivor can use key.

    Only one killer can use IRI heads, and it has its drawback of cutting down your hatchets from 5 to 4 plus, you can miss hatchets, key has one drawback, Franklins, but you can pick up the key back, yes, huntress can get more hatchets, but it hurts her much more momentum wise.

    At the top, killers also have much more bottom useless addons that help survivor more than them (Speed limiter, both Oni ultra rares are bad as well)

    I posted screenshot of the game where team 3 genned themselves, found hatch and did 3 man escape, completely punishing me for playing well and making 3 gen work. Killer addons can't do that.

    i dont think either one is fair. my point was just to show that keys arent the only priority. but a good key nerf would be to make it so it only works if the hatch has been closed.

  • @BoiBoi123 said:

    I was just playing a match on Lery’s, I was in the middle of a chase, then there are 3 of them there. Boom, 3 man hatch escape from a key she found in a chest. If, or hopefully when, keys are nerfed, I’d like to see an unlock animation and every rarity but UR only allowing one person to escape. BHVR, I hope you will eventually get around to nerfing keys, but you’ve been losing a lot of credibility with killer mains sicnr you still haven’t followed through with that promise 4 months later.

    4 months? Been waiting for that 60fps goal on all platforms since like March 2019. And the silent slug bug has been in since when? Bug infested Nurse how long?

    Line forms to the left...

  • Easy. Just make the key work for the one who brought it. Only he can use the hatch, the others have to take the door (well the last person could still take the hatch just as now)

  • @Hex_Salt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2000074#Comment_2000074

    Sorry but keys are an issue. They give the survivor the ability to win the game prematurely and tbh when j see a survivor in the lobby and they use jt to escape its quite frankly a cheap win because they came with all intentions of using it. As you can tell I'm a killer main but I was quite happy with the mori nerf (they're cheap as well) on condition keys got changed.im just fed up with keys and when someone on lobby does a last minute key swap I go out my way to hard tunnel them, even if it means losing the game

    It isn't even a premature win in my book.

    A key escape by 1 or 2 people means the survs have lost.

    A key escape by 3 people can either be you lost or they lost.

    A key escape by 4 people means you lost.

  • They've stated key reworks on in progress. Though I don't care much for them, one proposal I see people mention that could be much healthier is:

    •Only the Survivor with the key can open it

    •Opening takes x amount of seconds to complete

    •Hatch closes for other Survivors


    Granted, this could make it much worse for remaining Survivors since it gives one of them a chance to dip and get BP while they're stuck on a match, so there'd still need to be refining.