Leader is too underrated!

This perk gives so much value I'm honestly bummed it doesn't get ran more.

1. Slugging this perks help so much with dealing with slugging say your teammate distracts the killer your other teammate trys to get you up but he can't heal you in time say because of Sloppy. But Leader counteracts this and it'll get you up. Leader+Unbreakable I've found good.

2. Escaping with your teammate normally you won't get out the killer gets there in time but Leader gets your teammate to open the gate in time

3. Breaking bones often teammates don't waste time with bones then the Noed Spirit or Freddy get you. But from my experience they will do bones knowing leader can save enough time

4. Beating campers when you're camped the killer will grab the unhooker in time. But Leader gets you off in time with that BT and you'll get out in time especially basement situations

5. Heal same thing teammate sees Leader will heal you knowing that time will be saved especially Sloppy only beat by 1 percent.

This perk is amazing!

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Leader and prove thyself are two perks I'm a little surprised dont get run more often. Id also throw in spies from the shadows for killer being another one

  • Leader is a really strong perk, I'm surprised I don't see it in more matches tbh.

  • People don’t use it since it encourages teamwork and people prefer chase based perks and second chances

  • @Phasmamain said:

    People don’t use it since it encourages teamwork and people prefer chase based perks and second chances

    Can't blame them,honestly.

    Teamwork doesn't work really well in solo queue a lot of times

  • People like Perks they can use by their own. Leader is a very passive Perk. If I use it, others benefit from it but for myself it's practically useless. That's why no one runs it.

  • Agreed however people favor second chances sadly

  • I love Leader. If there was a fifth perk slot I would run it.

  • @Mandy said:

    Leader is a really strong perk, I'm surprised I don't see it in more matches tbh.

    The main problem with Leader is the distance at which is works. If they increased it to maybe 16 or 20 meters you might see it used more often.

    "Increases the other Survivors' Healing, Sabotage, Unhooking, Cleansing, Exit Gate Opening, and Chest Unlocking speeds by 15/20/25 % when they are within a range of 8 metres from you."

    Because it's 8 meters, it means you basically have to be on top of a teammate the entire time instead of doing something productive.

  • It's a perk I love to see other people run lol. I've gone entire matches without getting any value from Leader (or Prove Thyself for that matter). If you've got reliable teammates, it can be decent. But most players won't use it because it requires you to trust your random teammates.

  • Leader, Botany, Kindred, and Prove Thy Self is a fun combination.

  • @Ivaldi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1998219#Comment_1998219

    The main problem with Leader is the distance at which is works. If they increased it to maybe 16 or 20 meters you might see it used more often.

    "Increases the other Survivors' Healing, Sabotage, Unhooking, Cleansing, Exit Gate Opening, and Chest Unlocking speeds by 15/20/25 % when they are within a range of 8 metres from you."

    Because it's 8 meters, it means you basically have to be on top of a teammate the entire time instead of doing something productive.

    But "This effect persists on other Survivors for 15 seconds after leaving the Leader's effective perk range". Took it from the description of the perk.

    You can even just run to a teammate and then go away and the teammate still has action speed buff for some time. So, it's ok about it.

  • I love leader, but I have been hooked on bond as well. I like to run Bond, Leader, DS and DH. I would like to get rid of DS, but rather have it when the tunnels start.

  • @MrDardon said:

    People like Perks they can use by their own. Leader is a very passive Perk. If I use it, others benefit from it but for myself it's practically useless. That's why no one runs it.

    The funny part is that's the opposite of how the perk works. It benefits YOU because other people perform actions for YOU faster.

    It's much more "selfish" than perks like Botany, Desperate Measures, We'll Make It and We're Gonna Live Forever. Because all those perks help other people and Leader pretty much just helps yourself.

  • @Clevite said:

    I love leader, but I have been hooked on bond as well. I like to run Bond, Leader, DS and DH. I would like to get rid of DS, but rather have it when the tunnels start.

    Another Bond gamer. Respect. I cannot live without my Bond.

  • @Mandy said:

    Leader is a really strong perk, I'm surprised I don't see it in more matches tbh.

    How can you be surprised? No wonder nobody is running Leader if perks like DS, BT, Unbreakable, Sprint Burst, Dead Hard, Adrenaline, etc. exist which are just way more powerful and are second chance perks...

  • @Claudette_Baguette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1998219#Comment_1998219

    How can you be surprised? No wonder nobody is running Leader if perks like DS, BT, Unbreakable, Sprint Burst, Dead Hard, Adrenaline, etc. exist which are just way more powerful and are second chance perks...

    Yeah the 'selfish' perks. Its why its always a surprise, a pleasant surprise, when I see a team mate who has perks like Leader, BT, or We'll make it.

  • Leader dropped HEAVILY in usage ever since they changed the icon to ONLY appear when you are doing an action. Previously leader would show up even if you are not cleansing a totem, repair a gen, heal, etc. Now you don't always know when someone has leader.

    Previously people who had the leader buff would go on a totem next to them because its faster or heal themselves because they heal faster or go for the door... I wish they would change that back.

  • I almost never take off Leader for most of the reasons you’ve mentioned. I’ve had many clutch moments where Leader was the sole reason a heal was done in time, or a gate was opened in time.

  • @Claudette_Baguette said:

    Leader dropped HEAVILY in usage ever since they changed the icon to ONLY appear when you are doing an action. Previously leader would show up even if you are not cleansing a totem, repair a gen, heal, etc. Now you don't always know when someone has leader.

    Previously people who had the leader buff would go on a totem next to them because its faster or heal themselves because they heal faster or go for the door... I wish they would change that back.

    Yeah. This is very frustrating at the moment. I’ll point out totems and chests to teammates to do them, but because they don’t know I have Leader, they’ll often ignore me.

    It’s dumb that the Leader icon only shows when an action is being performed. Vigil, Streetwise, and Open Handed don’t behave this way. Respectively, Streetwise unnecessarily shows up when I’m not using an item, and Open Handed is shown to survivors that aren’t running aura reading perks.

    Why should Leader be “hidden”?