Everyone Stop Whining About Camping, the Devs Did a Do!
"Chaser: Remaining within a close (16 meters) proximity of a hooked Survivor will reduce the quality of this Emblem over time."
Now stop your bloody whining and play the blasted game!
"Chaser: Remaining within a close (16 meters) proximity of a hooked Survivor will reduce the quality of this Emblem over time."
Now stop your bloody whining and play the blasted game!
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
That'll give everyone some perspective.
This could be the stupidest thing I've ever read...
"No one can play this game while never camping"?
WOW.
Just so you know, I have never camped and never will. If the game enters a situation where camping would be acceptable, like end game and doors open, then the game is already over in my eyes and I'll take the loss.
To say I'm trash because I don't camp is some super dumb backwards thinking there buddy :')
Success isn't for everyone? Do you take success in life from your video game experiences then? That's...sad. Especially considering that DbD is as competitive as Rock Paper Scissors.
And I agree, majority of people don't even visit the forums, let alone announce anything. There has to be a modicum of common sense around here though, otherwise it's just people like you, Orion, Attackfrog et al, all spouting complete and utter nonsense.
Survivors will always rush hooks for the farming points, even against a camping killer (which is the reason why camping is so effective btw)
Really though camping in those situations is not a "dumb" thing to do it's the smarter options.. your response to his comment is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time. Especially after he said he also hates camping.. maybe.. I don't know.. think next time?
That's just poor playstyle or someone new to the game. We do that and maybe get the sacrifice but not much else. Good survivors eat a killer like that alive (as they should!)
My god you are so stupid. You wanna talk? You okay?
I literally quoted his line of, "nobody can play this game without camping", said it was stupid and told him otherwise, because I have never camped and never will. I didn't ignore anything. Do you understand or would you like me to continue condescending to you?
Okay, this is just ridiculous. I understand that some people need to and want to camp because they think it's optimal. In some situations, such as when the gates are open or people hook rush, then sure, go nuts, but that's not really camping is it? That's just survivors being dumb or the killer wanting to secure a kill. So what?
If you truly think that camping is optimal when 5-3 gens are still up, then you are just not good at the game. That is my opinion. Moreover, you are continually missing the point of the line I quoted. You keep ignoring it even though I have held it up to you twice now. I didn't misunderstand anything. I am not being ignorant. Just agree to disagree and move on, because I certainly am now.
Likewise, if I am nurse and BBQ shows me 3 survivors near gens....well, I am off to rescue those poor gens!
Camping is a strategy, same is DS and flashlights, like it or not.
Learn to counter it or fail against it. On both sides. But the crybabies that tell me to commit suicide for camping....lol I think they might have bigger problems.