Please BHVR look to B movies for inspiration or ask the community.

I have seen many many B movies, or movies that don't come out there like Freddy, Jason, Micahel etc, I have seen sooo many movies, B ones (not many re boots but wrong turn was good but shoul never been of calle wrong turn - the new one) Anyway, I see many of the community with good, strong ideas and some get over looked even the thought and effort there. Look for inspiration beyond the known, myths etc because I think BHVR may find some good avenue there.

Comments

  • Pretty much anything would have been better than that... thing we got today. So I like your suggestion.

  • @GeneralV said:

    Pretty much anything would have been better than that... thing we got today. So I like your suggestion.

    Aww thank you! just I see a lot of movies, I think BHVR need movie nights as I make Mr Mushwin have I have seen many good ones, and people I see make good suggestions too :)

  • Hmm, good idea. Maybe they could look at Ichi the Killer? A colorfully dressed mad man stabbing people to death with throwing needles...

    oh wait

  • @GeneralV said:

    Pretty much anything would have been better than that... thing we got today. So I like your suggestion.

    Stop crying.


    I'm shocked that people are so uncreative that they think a horror icon or a killer can only be someone ugly, old, disfigured, masked, dressed in dark tones ... Because eccentric and crazed killers have never been done right? Jesus.

  • Elvira would be cool...

    Screenshot_20210302-170232.png


  • @DrStone said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1989514#Comment_1989514

    Stop crying.

    I'm shocked that people are so uncreative that they think a horror icon or a killer can only be someone ugly, old, disfigured, masked, dressed in dark tones ... Because eccentric and crazed killers have never been done right? Jesus.

    "Stop crying"

    I am allowed to give my opinion and feedback on the new chapter, a chapter which I didn't like. If you liked it, it is fine. I respect your opinion. I ask you to respect mine.

  • @DrStone said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1989514#Comment_1989514

    Stop crying.

    I'm shocked that people are so uncreative that they think a horror icon or a killer can only be someone ugly, old, disfigured, masked, dressed in dark tones ... Because eccentric and crazed killers have never been done right? Jesus.

    Sorry but people are entitled to their opinions.

  • I actually find this chapter refreshing. And I find the killer creepy when he laughs.

  • I agree with going for deeper buried horror as inspiration but experimenting is cool too. I don't think k-pop horror is something that's been massively explored before

    (although there is one korean film that deals with that I've been meaning to watch, mainly bc I love korean films as they're usually 8 genres at once)

  • @StibbityStabbity said:

    Hmm, good idea. Maybe they could look at Ichi the Killer? A colorfully dressed mad man stabbing people to death with throwing needles...

    oh wait

    Hey, this is exactly what he reminded me of! I’m glad I wasn’t the only one

  • Can you give some ideas? any good horr B movies or horror films? I mean I can give some :)

  • @Shaped said:

    I actually find this chapter refreshing. And I find the killer creepy when he laughs.

    I agree with you!

  • *warms her hands together*


    Pet cemetry

    Follow me

    It follows

    Evil dead

    Critters

    Look Away

    The Crazies Just an example

  • @Mushwin said:

    *warms her hands together*

    Pet cemetry

    Follow me

    It follows

    Evil dead

    Critters

    Look Away

    The Crazies Just an example

    Kalifornia

    Cutting Class

    Frailty

    Club Dread

    Tucker and Dale v Evil

    Edit to add: Popcorn

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1989604#Comment_1989604

    Kalifornia

    Cutting Class

    Frailty

    Club Dread

    Tucker and Dale v Evil

    Edit to add: Popcorn

    Salty?

    A.M.I

    Z

    Babadook

    Sinister

    Insidious

    Rosemarys baby

    The Nun

    Slenderman

    The Furies

    Critters

  • I agree but I really like this new chapters killer I want more killers from slasher movies but original ones like this are also good.

  • Dont really know why some people are so pissy about the new killer.

    Like my guys, we have a literal fcking COWBOY as a killer. It doesn't exactly scream "killer" but people don't seem to mind. A k pop serial killer crosses the line though /shrug

  • @WiiFitTrainer said:

    Dont really know why some people are so pissy about the new killer.

    Like my guys, we have a literal fcking COWBOY as a killer. It doesn't exactly scream "killer" but people don't seem to mind. A k pop serial killer crosses the line though /shrug

    Least he looks like a killer, west with their skulls I mean take an insight of history but a kpop dancing killer I mean no

  • @Mushwin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1989690#Comment_1989690

    Least he looks like a killer, west with their skulls I mean take an insight of history but a kpop dancing killer I mean no

    Trickster looks like a killer. I mean, look at his face. He legit looks like a crazy person who wants to slice you open.

  • @WiiFitTrainer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1989698#Comment_1989698

    Trickster looks like a killer. I mean, look at his face. He legit looks like a crazy person who wants to slice you open.

    I see him having havinga "happy" how is this different? lol

  • @Mushwin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1989627#Comment_1989627

    Salty?

    A.M.I

    Z

    Babadook

    Sinister

    Insidious

    Rosemarys baby

    The Nun

    Slenderman

    The Furies

    Critters

    Arachnophobia

    Fido

    Cabin in the Woods

    Tremors

    Sleepaway Camp

    Puppetmaster

    Firestarter

  • @StibbityStabbity said:

    Hmm, good idea. Maybe they could look at Ichi the Killer? A colorfully dressed mad man stabbing people to death with throwing needles...

    oh wait

    YEAH BOOIIII!!!

    Ichi with the Razor boots or Kakihara with the Chelsea smile though? My vote would be for Ichi... great backstory too!!!

  • i think they should listen to the community less

  • I like the looks of the new killer but I've also broadened my horizons lately by watching a lot of South Korean films lately especially in the horror / slasher aspect. The design of this character doesn't bother me at all tbh I like it. My only issue is the run animation looks bad because of his posture / neck looks jank when he runs.

    Lately I've even preferred Korean movies to North American ones because I feel they have more interesting spins on things. Just my opinion of course.

    Also this killer feels more human on a strange relatable way - He laughs, he makes grunts when he falls from a great height and overall he's just a refreshing addition to the roster.

    Don't get me started on his actual power though good lord it needs work I'm sorry but at least visually imo they added a good addition to the game.

  • I just want a Parasite Eve Chapter. Mainly because setting things on fire would be awesome. And Aya Brea would make a great survivor. Also, a Lollipop Chainsaw Chapter would be great, with Juliet as the survivor and Swan as the killer (with his ability being able to summon Zombies, and eventually Killabilly, a giant Zombie who can one hit survivors) (The Zombies could maybe move faster than your average killer, but could be taken out by survivors kind of like Victor)

  • I like the idea of them bringing over killers and monsters from awful and unknown horror movies, given the antagonist has some cool abilities to work with.