NOED is extremely unhealthy

NOED is one of the unhealthiest perks in the game. I'm having a really hard time understanding some people's arguments against it.

"Just cleanse totems" --> You all know for sure that it is highly unrealistic to expect all 5 totems to be cleansed without dedicating your entire build and time into it. Sometimes you can't find each of them on some maps and sometimes you'll go out of your way to do 4 but the last one will STILL trigger NOED. You literally have to ignore your main objectives, gens, helping other survivors and run around the entire map taking your time cleansing all 5 totems. Well you probably won't even reach the endgame if you play like that. Also, cleansing dull totems doesn't reward you in anyway expect for BPs and a potential NOED.

"NOED isn’t even a good perk" --> Just because you don't come across NOED as a rank 1 player (red ranks), doesn't mean it isn't used widely by all killers in purple and green ranks. Just because you know how to counter NOED doesn't mean the killers aren't rewarded free kills on lower ranks. Sometimes survivors don't know what to do and that they can go down with an easy basic attack. Some of y'all need to think outside of the red rank bubble. NOED is super common on lower ranks, you basically assume the killer has it.

"NOED is inconsistent" --> Never have I ever been a part of a game where NOED didn't trigger and reward the killer at least 1k. I only play solo and expecting all other survivors to find and cleanse each totem is unrealistic. It's just so unfair that you have to go through the whole game and all your efforts to escaping is thrown away by A PERK.

I am trying to be objective here. Before you assume: I play both survivor and killer equally. I see problem perks for both sides. But NOED is the CHEAPEST out of them all. For example: even though functionally similar, I don't mind Devour Hope AT ALL! Because the killer actually EARNED that power and had to progress in the game. It actually adds some excitement into the game to see everyone trying their best to find and get rid of the Devour Hope totem. It's very powerful but still fair. Meanwhile NOED is like: "here get these free kills because you reached... the endgame...?" It's just extremely unhealthy... It's a widely known stereotype that you expect the killer to have NOED if they are doing badly during game... Isn't that enough by itself to show what a joke of a perk it is...

Comments

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1986821#Comment_1986821

    Yes, that is correct. Which considering that you can just 99 both gates and they don't regress, by the time one is actually opened the survivor team really should all be ready to leave.

    My question is why not just leave. That’s it counter. Just leaving.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1986821#Comment_1986821

    Yes, that is correct. Which considering that you can just 99 both gates and they don't regress, by the time one is actually opened the survivor team really should all be ready to leave.

    When they're powered, not when they're open.

  • Powered? Guess that shows how long it's been since I've actually seen NOED activate playing either side, good stuff.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1986848#Comment_1986848

    Powered? Guess that shows how long it's been since I've actually seen NOED activate playing either side, good stuff.

    This statement makes me wonder if we're actually playing the same game...

  • @Venusa said:

    NOED is one of the unhealthiest perks in the game. I'm having a really hard time understanding some people's arguments against it.

    "Just cleanse totems" --> You all know for sure that it is highly unrealistic to expect all 5 totems to be cleansed without dedicating your entire build and time into it. Sometimes you can't find each of them on some maps and sometimes you'll go out of your way to do 4 but the last one will STILL trigger NOED. You literally have to ignore your main objectives, gens, helping other survivors and run around the entire map taking your time cleansing all 5 totems. Well you probably won't even reach the endgame if you play like that. Also, cleansing dull totems doesn't reward you in anyway expect for BPs and a potential NOED.

    "NOED isn’t even a good perk" --> Just because you don't come across NOED as a rank 1 player (red ranks), doesn't mean it isn't used widely by all killers in purple and green ranks. Just because you know how to counter NOED doesn't mean the killers aren't rewarded free kills on lower ranks. Sometimes survivors don't know what to do and that they can go down with an easy basic attack. Some of y'all need to think outside of the red rank bubble. NOED is super common on lower ranks, you basically assume the killer has it.

    "NOED is inconsistent" --> Never have I ever been a part of a game where NOED didn't trigger and reward the killer at least 1k. I only play solo and expecting all other survivors to find and cleanse each totem is unrealistic. It's just so unfair that you have to go through the whole game and all your efforts to escaping is thrown away by A PERK.

    I am trying to be objective here. Before you assume: I play both survivor and killer equally. I see problem perks for both sides. But NOED is the CHEAPEST out of them all. For example: even though functionally similar, I don't mind Devour Hope AT ALL! Because the killer actually EARNED that power and had to progress in the game. It actually adds some excitement into the game to see everyone trying their best to find and get rid of the Devour Hope totem. It's very powerful but still fair. Meanwhile NOED is like: "here get these free kills because you reached... the endgame...?" It's just extremely unhealthy... It's a widely known stereotype that you expect the killer to have NOED if they are doing badly during game... Isn't that enough by itself to show what a joke of a perk it is...

    Killers have side objectives, why not survivors?

  • @Venusa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1986860#Comment_1986860

    This statement makes me wonder if we're actually playing the same game...

    I haven't seen NOED in a match as survivor since getting into the green ranks. It's been a while. Around rank reset I'll get a few matches where killers have it, but then I run Inner strength, and have the memory of a brain damaged goldfish in matches, so I clear every totem I see, lit or not to make sure I have a cheeky locker heal when I need it.

  • @Venusa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1986860#Comment_1986860

    This statement makes me wonder if we're actually playing the same game...

    I haven't played in a while, but I must agree with this sentiment. NOED isn't exactly ubiquitous, but it's not like, say, Buckle Up.

  • If NOED needed any changes, at the very most you could make it activate so long as each survivor has been hooked once, so there's a condition. However, that would perhaps make some survivors just gen rush without concern for totems.

    Really, from my experience it's been just an end-of-level boss perk. Nothing to be concerned about in the long run.

  • If every survivor do 1 totem the team will waste just 12s doing totems (one of the team will waste 24). 12s isn't a chase, is 1/8 of a gen (solo) and is way less than 1st to 2nd hook stage.

    Stop whining and do bones. If NOED activates is always 100% survivor's fault, totems ARE a objective, you're being rewarded points for breaking them.

    I'm actually running haunted, devourer and retribuition on my nurse and guess what? Survivors start cleansing only when devourer is stacked 9/10 games, and that's a win every time since it's a 50/50 chance to proc haunted (and retribuition passive) or it's a 25% for getting devourer in the first try.

    If you early cleanse, you can get devourer or retri right out of the bet and cleansing a haunted isn't that bad in early, but survivors (most of the time) just refuse to waste any time doing bones unless ruin is in the game (and even with ruin they'll mostly push through 2-3 gens then go for cleanse).

  • @Venusa said:

    NOED is one of the unhealthiest perks in the game. I'm having a really hard time understanding some people's arguments against it.

    "Just cleanse totems" --> You all know for sure that it is highly unrealistic to expect all 5 totems to be cleansed without dedicating your entire build and time into it. Sometimes you can't find each of them on some maps and sometimes you'll go out of your way to do 4 but the last one will STILL trigger NOED. You literally have to ignore your main objectives, gens, helping other survivors and run around the entire map taking your time cleansing all 5 totems. Well you probably won't even reach the endgame if you play like that. Also, cleansing dull totems doesn't reward you in anyway expect for BPs and a potential NOED.

    "NOED isn’t even a good perk" --> Just because you don't come across NOED as a rank 1 player (red ranks), doesn't mean it isn't used widely by all killers in purple and green ranks. Just because you know how to counter NOED doesn't mean the killers aren't rewarded free kills on lower ranks. Sometimes survivors don't know what to do and that they can go down with an easy basic attack. Some of y'all need to think outside of the red rank bubble. NOED is super common on lower ranks, you basically assume the killer has it.

    "NOED is inconsistent" --> Never have I ever been a part of a game where NOED didn't trigger and reward the killer at least 1k. I only play solo and expecting all other survivors to find and cleanse each totem is unrealistic. It's just so unfair that you have to go through the whole game and all your efforts to escaping is thrown away by A PERK.

    I am trying to be objective here. Before you assume: I play both survivor and killer equally. I see problem perks for both sides. But NOED is the CHEAPEST out of them all. For example: even though functionally similar, I don't mind Devour Hope AT ALL! Because the killer actually EARNED that power and had to progress in the game. It actually adds some excitement into the game to see everyone trying their best to find and get rid of the Devour Hope totem. It's very powerful but still fair. Meanwhile NOED is like: "here get these free kills because you reached... the endgame...?" It's just extremely unhealthy... It's a widely known stereotype that you expect the killer to have NOED if they are doing badly during game... Isn't that enough by itself to show what a joke of a perk it is...

    I agree with all of this except that it's unhealthy. I do believe in the unrealistic expectations of other survivors. I play with 3 others and 2 of us have detective's hunch and inner strength to crush those totems.

    I think NOED is fine. It does it's job. Plenty of counters.

    You can explain yourself all day about how much you play killer but the truth is these killer mains are going to argue with you anyway

  • @VSchmitt said:

    If every survivor do 1 totem the team will waste just 12s doing totems (one of the team will waste 24). 12s isn't a chase, is 1/8 of a gen (solo) and is way less than 1st to 2nd hook stage.

    Stop whining and do bones. If NOED activates is always 100% survivor's fault, totems ARE a objective, you're being rewarded points for breaking them.

    I'm actually running haunted, devourer and retribuition on my nurse and guess what? Survivors start cleansing only when devourer is stacked 9/10 games, and that's a win every time since it's a 50/50 chance to proc haunted (and retribuition passive) or it's a 25% for getting devourer in the first try.

    If you early cleanse, you can get devourer or retri right out of the bet and cleansing a haunted isn't that bad in early, but survivors (most of the time) just refuse to waste any time doing bones unless ruin is in the game (and even with ruin they'll mostly push through 2-3 gens then go for cleanse).

    So any type of feedback about any perk is "whining" if you don't share the same opinion? Okay... I love this forum.

    @SuperSaiyan4GT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/231291/noed-is-extremely-unhealthy

    I agree with all of this except that it's unhealthy. I do believe in the unrealistic expectations of other survivors. I play with 3 others and 2 of us have detective's hunch and inner strength to crush those totems.

    I think NOED is fine. It does it's job. Plenty of counters.

    You can explain yourself all day about how much you play killer but the truth is these killer mains are going to argue with you anyway

    "I do believe in the unrealistic expectations of other survivors." And that's what I'm trying to express here. But people who merely play killer refuse to empathize. "Just do bones" isn't a valid argument.

  • @Toblerone007 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1985150#Comment_1985150

    You forgot the 4% movement speed increase. That's almost a tier of bloodlust before the chase has begun. That's huge.


    I didn't forget. It's just negligible. It is not huge, and people have run tests to see the differences these speed boosts make. This is half a bloodlust, and bloodlust itself saves approximately 3 seconds on the longest straightaway in the game.


    The only situation where this is going to be noticeable is if you are trying to loop for an extended period of time.

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1986408#Comment_1986408

    I didn't forget. It's just negligible. It is not huge, and people have run tests to see the differences these speed boosts make. This is half a bloodlust, and bloodlust itself saves approximately 3 seconds on the longest straightaway in the game.

    The only situation where this is going to be noticeable is if you are trying to loop for an extended period of time.

    It's 80% bloodlust. That doesn't allow you to chain tiles when you add actual bloodlust to that.

  • @Toblerone007 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1987624#Comment_1987624

    It's 80% bloodlust. That doesn't allow you to chain tiles when you add actual bloodlust to that.


    You shouldn't be chaining tiles during the end-game collapse. You should be hiding or getting the hell out.

  • Imo I don't think NOED is unhealthy towards survivor's.

    Ultimately it comes down to survivor's. You have a choice to make. If your worried about NOED, cleanse totems to reduce the risk of dealing with NOED. Don't wanna do totems, than you have made the choice of potentially deal with NOED, because you choose to stick to gens.

    NOED is active. Guess what you got 1 of 2 choices. Go find and cleanse and NOED, and risk getting killed or just gtfo.

  • Lazy survivors are the unhealthy once. If you are new to the game and don't know what totems does or where they are, ok complain about NOED while you learn how to cleanse them. NOED should be buffed so survivors stop focusing on only gens and games might be a tad bit longer. Many games are just too fast.

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1988047#Comment_1988047

    You shouldn't be chaining tiles during the end-game collapse. You should be hiding or getting the hell out.

    Sorry that was assuming you're in chase. That was in response to your claim 4% movespeed is negligible - it's not.

1 2 3 ›